Is Anyone Using the Creation Club?

Ernest Lemmingway

Using the Creation Club  

583 members have voted

1. 1. Have you used Bethesda's Creation Club?

• Yes, I've paid for mods from it or downloaded free mods from it.
    • No, I've never used it.
    • What's this "Creation Club?"

On 5/10/2018 at 5:52 PM, Ernest Lemmingway said:

Rats. Then we really are limited to hoping that people will stop using the CC. Given my cynicism, that's the harder of the two options.

I don't think they will stop using it. Just on Steam's forums there are some peeps preaching CC's qualities, saying they're bug-free, easy to install, worth getting, etc

I wouldn't even get those mods for free, like.. come on Beth, peeps, what are you doing... :

Nix-hound "Remember that ugly creature in Morrowind, hey you can have it in Skyrim now !" "That's it Beth no more whis..."
Transdogrifier "We like Dogmeat purple !" "Beth that's E-nough ! you're dru..."
Pip boy recolors ! "the power of #ffffff overlay "
Ikea furnitures ! "Have a sit in our lore-unfriendly Krukelhopfen couches" "But Beth this is a post-ap..."
Backpacks ! "We know carryweight gets tedious since 1889; here, have a custom doggy bag"
Tin can power armor ! "It's enclave style!" "But beth you said the Enclave is go..." "But the quest is epic !" "How could you even call that a Q.."
Horse power armor ! "Bring the nostalgia of Oblivion's overpriced horse armor DLC !!"

Chinese Stealth suit : "It's the chinese stealth suit " 

Prey suit : "It's Morgan's suit" 

Spoiler

597415506_tlchargement.jpg.e666f53d4b4a0cc6991d528365b8a520.jpg

I don't know who's the marketing strategist at CC but damn sir/lady, you're either on meth, or an evil genius.

43 minutes ago, winny257 said:

it will be hard for them to gain my confidence back

They cant gain MY confidence back because no matter what they do i will still remember what they did with CC, paid mods etc. So nothing prevents them from screwing me over once again after they lure me and dull my senses with some bullshit. 

But then again i have the same approach to Blizzard ( for sjw shit they did with Overwatch ), Paradox ( for ruining HOI series, releasing the abomination called HOI4, stuff they do with Stellaris, censorship on forums etc. ) and of course Ubisoft because fuck Ubisoft. 

2 hours ago, Canaris said:

They cant gain MY confidence back because no matter what they do i will still remember what they did with CC, paid mods etc. So nothing prevents them from screwing me over once again after they lure me and dull my senses with some bullshit. 

But then again i have the same approach to Blizzard ( for sjw shit they did with Overwatch ), Paradox ( for ruining HOI series, releasing the abomination called HOI4, stuff they do with Stellaris, censorship on forums etc. ) and of course Ubisoft because fuck Ubisoft. 

?

bugthesda-never-learns_o_7187061.jpg

6 hours ago, JujuVolikhar said:

I don't think they will stop using it. Just on Steam's forums there are some peeps preaching CC's qualities, saying they're bug-free, easy to install, worth getting, etc

I wouldn't even get those mods for free, like.. come on Beth, peeps, what are you doing... :

That's just one forum. Just like this is just one forum. Neither is going to tell the whole story. What does tell part of the story is the lack of new content, the lowered prices, and the number of players switching to PC versions of FO4 and Skyrim over console. But that's still only part of the story.

14 hours ago, Canaris said:

No and i refuse to buy anything from CC no matter how """good""" it is. 

And as a matter of personal boycott i refuse to buy ANYTHING from Bethesda, whether its TES 6, Fallout 5 or whatever they release next. 

They couldn't pull off a simple mod to save their own life.. even less make updates that doesn't break shit... Fallout 4 was the biggest slap in the face.... 

Not sure why you made the poll options like this - option #2 is effectively the same as #1, because it includes getting the "free stuff" from the store.

By downloading the "free stuff", at best you're going to confirm to Bethesda that their CC is a success. Though most likely you have taken your first step to decompose your tolerance against paid mods.

Not much difference between a free mod and paying 1$ for the next one, right? Then why not buy another one for 1$... and another one.

Ah well 2$ is the same like 1$. And 3, 4, 5$... why not 10$? Heck, SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY

Basically the business model works the same like the "frog in the cooking pot" - starting at comfortable room temperature, the frog doesn't notice how the water gets hotter and hotter. He could jump out of the pot at any time, but he won't - until he's cooked alive.

Same principle with your modding hobby, if you take the free stuff now and don't boycot their shit, you may (or may not) wake up one day and see your hobby in ruins.

On 5/23/2018 at 11:16 PM, Ernest Lemmingway said:

That's just one forum. Just like this is just one forum. Neither is going to tell the whole story. What does tell part of the story is the lack of new content, the lowered prices, and the number of players switching to PC versions of FO4 and Skyrim over console. But that's still only part of the story.

Agreed, but they kind of make me fear what's next. Fibonacci's rabbits sequence style

17 hours ago, guk said:

<snip>

I made option 2 because of all the people who kept saying they needed to change their votes to option 1 because they downloaded free crap that wasn't there when the CC first came out. Despite the title of the poll clearly stating "by paying for mods." An aborted attempt to aid those guilty of TL; DR.

And me? Intolerant of the very idea of paid mods? So much so I sincerely hope the (expletives too extreme even for LL) who thought it up, even going back to the first aborted attempt on Steam, should die of slow-moving cancer that leaves them in utter agony until the moment they die? Why, whatever gave you that idea?

On 5/27/2018 at 1:33 AM, Ernest Lemmingway said:

I made option 2 because of all the people who kept saying they needed to change their votes to option 1 because they downloaded free crap that wasn't there when the CC first came out. Despite the title of the poll clearly stating "by paying for mods." An aborted attempt to aid those guilty of TL; DR.

And me? Intolerant of the very idea of paid mods? So much so I sincerely hope the (expletives too extreme even for LL) who thought it up, even going back to the first aborted attempt on Steam, should die of slow-moving cancer that leaves them in utter agony until the moment they die? Why, whatever gave you that idea?

I have to agree with @guk, column two of this poll is contradictory!
Column one is clear: pay
Column three also: I do not know CC
Column two said: No, only free stuff, that is a contradiction!
either, ... or: either I download it, or I completely renounce!
and I can say, with a good conscience, not even the free shit, everything on Bethesda.Net, can themselves Bethesda shove in the As**! :classic_wink:

Okay, okay! I'll change it back.

EDIT: Okay, changed.

Lately I've been asking myself why I still care about this topic. Or several others. Unless Starfield is a diamond of the first water (not likely) among games, I'm washing my hands of Bugthesda. I don't like the simplifications they keep making to the games they produce and I absolutely hate what they've done by introducing the CC and poisoning the modding community well. It would be easier to walk away than to put myself (and others with my arrogant ranting) through this. Why can't I let it go?

2 hours ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

Okay, okay! I'll change it back.

EDIT: Okay, changed.

Lately I've been asking myself why I still care about this topic. Or several others. Unless Starfield is a diamond of the first water (not likely) among games, I'm washing my hands of Bugthesda. I don't like the simplifications they keep making to the games they produce and I absolutely hate what they've done by introducing the CC and poisoning the modding community well. It would be easier to walk away than to put myself (and others with my arrogant ranting) through this. Why can't I let it go?

I know why, You are like me, you hate like me that what Bethesda did.
Bethesda is only Money greedy, in contrast to this stupid as dog shit, they destroy themselves.
we'll talk again when TES6 appears, only this time without construction kits, around the free modding the possibility to take, something to do.

2 hours ago, winny257 said:

when that next Beth Game coming, then I do that. :classic_wink:

Well since Fallout 76 is set to have NO outside mod support beside CC, you will kinda have to..

I hope you like getting fucked in the ass and paying for it...

On 6/1/2018 at 7:35 PM, Canaris said:

Well since Fallout 76 is set to have NO outside mod support beside CC, you will kinda have to..

I hope you like getting fucked in the ass and paying for it...

If that is true, then the only "good" thing might be that people finally realize what the Creation Club is - it does not offers mods, but microtransactions for micro-DLCs.

Got pissed off by publishers in the past because they sold you five new guns for 10% of the game's total price? Well in the CC you only get one gun for that price! But hey it's not a DLC-ripoff, no this is a MOD by one of your favorite community modders!

So we can once again thank all the cam- and manwhores who participated in the Creation Club, and a shoutout goes to all the people who were so happy about the new .ESL format. You have literally helped digging the grave for you own hobby.

• 2 weeks later...

They're giving away another freebie to entice new users right now, the Nixhound pet.

I'm curious to see how much more successful this Creation Club project is than their old premium plug-ins such as The Siege at Firemoth or the Area-of-Effect Arrows from Morrowind if at all.

I did buy (with the free credits) the tunnel snake and bought slocum joe (that I have yet to play through) Because I don't want to hate without actually testing (and legally too).

The good:

- They seem to be pretty much play tested.

- They are ok low level mod.

- They are the only way for console player to get mods that are not playtested by the user themselves

- The modder get paid for the mod regardless of the success of the mod (maybe that's why they submit disapointing content if so the joke is on beth I guess)

The bad:

- They are too simple.

- They are overpriced.

The bottom line:

The quality of the cc content mostly depends on what modder decide to pitch. A mod with the quality of pucemoose's quests mods (see his fallout3 and NV mods)

I would have gladly paid the actual price they ask for test mods.

Granted I believe them and they actually affected a tester to the mods, he or she has to be paid for the work and believe me a qc cost a lot.

Sadly the content there is mostly item dlc that you would buy to zero your credits and a few quests that while they are ok, are not worth the price.

So yes dedicating a tester to the CC content has it's price and you can't let it be tested by the community thing is the content doesn't actually make up for the price

• 4 weeks later...

Didn't vote since none of the options applied to me, but I'm using Survival Mode which was free when I installed it, and I actually like it.  I wouldn't have paid for it if it hadn't been free though.  There's even been a few mods that add on to it which do a great job of making it about as feature complete as Campfire + Frostfall + iNeed but with a more polished interface and from what I can tell, a lighter script load.

I do occasionally log in just to see what's on CC just out of curiousity, mostly just to see if they're learning anything from their mistakes.  Sadly, they're not.  Everything is still ridiculously overpriced and all of it has mods on Nexus that are comparable to or superior for free.  There's also the even more serious issue that it's not even possible to make a big, complex CC mod due to the ESL format.  It's still just a way to rip off the console users.

I've been wondering about the CC lately. It's been awfully quiet. But then it hasn't been six months since the last new releases yet.

I wouldn't bet on BS learning a thing. Their first attempt at paid mods back in '15 failed miserably and all they got from that was that console users were better targets for such a scam. The realities of the legal and technical limitations of console mods has had one beneficial side effect: more and more console players are switching over to PC versions to see what real mods can do. More power to them, I say. And if it helps kill off the CC like rubber band ligation, so much the better. That looks like the only way we'll ever get rid of that pain in the ass. :classic_biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived