Is Anyone Using the Creation Club?

Ernest Lemmingway

Using the Creation Club  

583 members have voted

1. 1. Have you used Bethesda's Creation Club?

• Yes, I've paid for mods from it or downloaded free mods from it.
    • No, I've never used it.
    • What's this "Creation Club?"

You know if the CC was more like this https://www.unrealengine.com/marketplace I'd be more into it. The fact is they expect people to want to build mods for console gamers with a CK that isn't completely functional. I mean you can't even generate LIP files for custom dialogue. You have too use Third party, user made utilities to do any kind of LOD work. I just don't understand how they expect it to succeed when they do very little to support the main tool that actually makes the mods. Or at least get behind the people making the tools that do the job for them. 

Main Issues:

No Builders Resources. (I might actually buy building kits licensed for use in Bethesda games. I have a huge collection of models/meshes that I like to build with and I'm always looking for more.)

A half working CK. (at the very least fix the LIP file generation, please.....)

No real incentive for a PC gamer to care about CC. (this is the issue that might screw us, as the only way for them to get control is to make so we can't mod their games without something like CC)

Anyhow, just my thoughts. I think if they want this be something anyone can take seriously, they Really need to Fix The Creation Kit. How can you have an "Officially Curated" mod created on "Officially Unsupported" software? 

straying off topic,but do you thing Beth will abandon Steam for it's own digital distribution and paid mods via Creation Club ?

( still running Oldrim ) but someone bought it up and i thought they may have a valid point

18 minutes ago, TheWilloughbian said:

Who knows what stupidity they will come with. But, they do seem to want to monetize user made mods.

The Forever Free movement seems to have taught them that they can't monetize PC mods, but they can monetize console mods. Only the number of people switching over to the PC versions of their games to use real mods does not bode well for that scam in the long-term.

And now I've deleted the one freebie that I had because having esl format files in one's load order when using LOOT throws the process into disarray and freezes the load order, preventing any further re-positioning of plug-ins so I can't even claim to be using the free stuff anymore.

Bethesda's own strict limits on what they will and will not host already puts them on a tier well below the Nexus in terms of cash earnings. Too gory? Even a hint of nudity or sexuality? No hosting for you! :classic_biggrin: And not all of us have forgotten--or forgiven--them for the widespread mod theft they dragged their feet in correcting when BethNet first launched. Nor would that many deign to let them host their mods. If they try and force modders to do such legally, they'll alienate the majority of modders and destroy what little goodwill they still have among their customers.

Sorry to hear that, Faux. Looks like the proprietary file format they use for CC crap causes real problems for third party programs.

Could always pull the assets out of the BSA and make your own mod with them. Which mod is it?

Edit: They have made it pretty obvious that they aren't worried if they screw with any third party mod/utilities/programs you might be using. As long your game is compatible with some tiny house mod they host on the CC, they're happy.

Edit: I remember when Bethesda had some balls. Hell, there was a strip club in Morrowind.

I think one of the dynamics that has changed since the late 90s and early 00s is there are more people that can program/build games than there used to be. Back then the people that could do it could get away with hiding stuff, because no one knew as much as they did about what they where doing, and wouldn't even think to look. And if they did get caught there wasn't much the boss could do about it, as nerds/geeks really had all the power/skills. Also the people that chose this line of work back then weren't exactly "mainstream" in their day. They tended to be a little weird.

The people that designed Morrowind were very creative to say the least. The concept art for that game is still some of the most unique to this day. Come on, two of the three main factions either lived in giant bones or giant mushrooms. Chances are the game devs were smoking some good $#!@.

Don't get me wrong, I think Skyrim is a good game. But, I spend all my time in the CK anymore. I haven't done a playthrough in at least six months. I logged over 4000 hours on one character in Morrowind. If Beth was smart they would hand the Skywind guys everything they need to finish that remaster. 

9 hours ago, ToJKa said:

Do keep in mind however, that Bethesda is horrendously half-assed and incompetent. I wouldn't be surprised if this thing collapsed on it's own.

...Wait, did i post that already?

Yes, you did post that already. :classic_tongue:

I'd love to believe that the CC will collapse on its own. But so long as people keep using it, it won't go away. Not unless a group of hackers compromise it and scare both Sony and Microsoft into ending the deal they have with BGS. Not that I'm suggesting anything.

1 minute ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

Yes, you did post that already. :classic_tongue:

I'd love to believe that the CC will collapse on its own. But so long as people keep using it, it won't go away. Not unless a group of hackers compromise it and scare both Sony and Microsoft into ending the deal they have with BGS. Not that I'm suggesting anything.

The only way the hacker solution would work is if some hackers shown that they can compromise the console through the use of downloaded mods and if Microsoft couldn't block it with updates and such... I don't see that being possible. At most hackers would be an annoyance nothing difference than what they deal with on a daily basis.

3 minutes ago, RitualClarity said:

The only way the hacker solution would work is if some hackers shown that they can compromise the console through the use of downloaded mods and if Microsoft couldn't block it with updates and such... I don't see that being possible. At most hackers would be an annoyance nothing difference than what they deal with on a daily basis.

Rats. Then we really are limited to hoping that people will stop using the CC. Given my cynicism, that's the harder of the two options.

2 hours ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

Rats. Then we really are limited to hoping that people will stop using the CC. Given my cynicism, that's the harder of the two options.

Hackers are cleaver and find things that most never even thought about (the good ones at least ;)) So there is still hope...

Now... that being said... there isn't any reason due to Bethesda's abuse of our computers and having downloads of the CC content.. that people, regular people just use those files and re-create the mods and upload them to torrent and other pirate sites ;) Then Bethesda looses money each time someone uses those instead of paying for the mod. Hitting them in the pocketbook is one way to really hurt such corporations. OF COURSE.. I am not condoning such actions... ;)

• 2 weeks later...
On 10.5.2018 at 5:52 PM, Ernest Lemmingway said:

who are the rats (I see them daily before me), only so much, Bethesda promised that mods of Skyrim 2011 will not be touched!
Daily disappear mods from the Nexus, even from Steam and then they appear in Bethesda.Net again (with costs). 
for me it is of course clear who the rats are. :classic_wink:

17 hours ago, winny257 said:

who are the rats (I see them daily before me), only so much, Bethesda promised that mods of Skyrim 2011 will not be touched!
Daily disappear mods from the Nexus, even from Steam and then they appear in Bethesda.Net again (with costs). 
for me it is of course clear who the rats are. :classic_wink:

I've been seeing more and more of this when I go looking for mods. Fucking traitors are jumping over the fence to make a little coin with Beth. They might eventually regret that decision.....

On 21.5.2018 at 7:59 AM, KoolHndLuke said:

I've been seeing more and more of this when I go looking for mods. Fucking traitors are jumping over the fence to make a little coin with Beth. They might eventually regret that decision.....

Damn, who are you? but I think I know you! :classic_wink:
new avatar.
sorry, I had to get rid of this fun. :smiley:

Never used the CC, nor will I ever due to how I feel about micro-transactions, paid mini DLC skin packs and/or other "overpriced for what you actually get" nonsense. Nearly everything on the CC already exists in one form or another on multitudes of modding blogs, download hubs or forums.

No and i refuse to buy anything from CC no matter how """good""" it is. 

And as a matter of personal boycott i refuse to buy ANYTHING from Bethesda, whether its TES 6, Fallout 5 or whatever they release next. 

5 hours ago, Canaris said:

No and i refuse to buy anything from CC no matter how """good""" it is. 

And as a matter of personal boycott i refuse to buy ANYTHING from Bethesda, whether its TES 6, Fallout 5 or whatever they release next. 

exactly my opinion, this company (Bethesda) did not earn my money, it will be hard for them to gain my confidence back!
they must pay me money, so that I their games one day play again.

Archived