Is Anyone Using the Creation Club?

Ernest Lemmingway

Using the Creation Club  

583 members have voted

1. 1. Have you used Bethesda's Creation Club?

• Yes, I've paid for mods from it or downloaded free mods from it.
    • No, I've never used it.
    • What's this "Creation Club?"

On 3/9/2019 at 2:33 AM, Ernest Lemmingway said:

? There might be more Cancer Club updates on the way for FO4. Nothing is confirmed yet, but Juicehead posted a video today detailing three possible CC mods: two weapons and a player home. No news on whether the company is going to fix the issues consoles are having, or whether they'll even address an issue with Codsworth breaking if you use too many CC mods.

I'd urge folks to vote with their wallets...but no one who uses the CC visits LL more than once. Not after they learn adult mods can't be created for their console. Yes, I'm calling CC users console plebs because that's the audience the CC is aimed at.

Yep happened yesterday. Still don't get how that thing is still alive. They also managed to break my custom radio. Spent 3 months on that trying to figure out CK & Nifskope, was working perfectly till previous update. 

I wonder how many years it will take for the modders to lose interest in constantly keeping their mods up to date for CC's sake

4 hours ago, J-Bonnie said:

I wonder how many years it will take for the modders to lose interest in constantly keeping their mods up to date for CC's sake

Some already have. The CC will never die so long as people make mods that can be uploaded to BethNet and the broken souls working for Bugthesda still churn out trash for a pittance. Not unless folks just quit downloading from both and that's not likely.

7 hours ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

Some already have. The CC will never die so long as people make mods that can be uploaded to BethNet and the broken souls working for Bugthesda still churn out trash for a pittance. Not unless folks just quit downloading from both and that's not likely.

I just don't get why users would seek mods on Bethnet or pay for the CC ones. Who's crazy enough to buy transdogrifiers instead of getting a free Wasteland codex

I download the free items on occasion, and I spent the free credits they gave me when something that interests me goes on sale. Since I'm not expecting it to go away anytime soon, I'm hoping that whatever they release next works more like it does in FO76, where credits are earned through game play achievements. It was the first time in a couple years that I actually was interested in achievements. Well, for the two weeks that the game was interesting anyway.

Well, the CC just got some Skyrim crap added today. Hopefully folks have researched how to block auto-updates on Steam by now. Honestly, it seems like Bugthesda just isn't trying anymore. They brought back the Arms of Chaos of Arena fame and Umbra of Morrowind and Oblivion as well as some "Spellknight Armor." Oh, and a Thieves' Guild player home by Elianora. The "quests" to acquire anything are just as lackluster and simplistic as ever, and the items themselves are pretty under-powered compared to vanilla content, especially at the levels you're supposed to get them. My official stance on Elianora's work--or her specifically--is "no comment."

FO4 also got some additions a couple of days ago--the Flamer and a player home based on the Shroud--but that's it. The Flamer doesn't even fire actual flames, just orange balls of energy. I didn't even look at vids for the player home. The "Flamer" just killed my interest in seeing any more.

What's most interesting is that Bugthesda actually patched out one of the workarounds for console players to fix download issues in their latest "bug fix" for SSE.?The problem is still there and now there's one less way to fix it.

• 2 weeks later...

I remember the uproar when Steam tried adding paid mods to the Workshop.

Disappointed Bethesda didn't learn from that.

But I guess they've must have done something right, I didn't really notice too much of a uproar with Creation Club came out.

Well, they did promise high quality content. Like mini-DLC's level of quality. Guess that was a lie though.

Anyway, I'm not touching that shit with a 10 foot pole with dog shit at the end. Not even worth that.

Besides, you can't compete with the Nexus. Or find the same kind of mods you can in this place.

Getting paid for mods that you create is fine as long as it's a donation and not actually a requirement to be able to use the mod. Just my personal opinion. That being said, I know there are free mods on the Creation Club, but the original fiasco and controversy behind it left a sour taste in my mouth so I actively avoid Creation Club. It also doesn't help that it's the sole reason that every update breaks Script Extender, so I constantly see the Creation Club as some kind of bane.

It's fine. All the best mods are either here on LL or Nexus anyway. :)

22 hours ago, Zoey McKenzie said:

I remember the uproar when Steam tried adding paid mods to the Workshop.

Disappointed Bethesda didn't learn from that.

But I guess they've must have done something right, I didn't really notice too much of a uproar with Creation Club came out.

Well, they did promise high quality content. Like mini-DLC's level of quality. Guess that was a lie though.

The Cancer Club was/is aimed at console gamers who have no other source of mods for Bugthesda games. That's why no one decried it at first. As for "mini-DLC," that was a term dubbed by Pete Hines to avoid calling the CC paid mods. Not that it did any good since no one but Bugthesda calls them "mini-DLC." Everyone knows their paid mods and it made Hines look like a dick (literally; check out this video :classic_tongue:).

Of course we can't discount the broken souls who contribute(d) to the Cancer Club. Names like Arthmoor (creator of the Unofficial Patches for Skyrim/FO4), TrainWiz, Elianora (house mod author extraordinaire), and others less well known. All of whom are now on my blacklist. Aside from the Unofficial Patches, I will never download anything made by any of them.

I actually forgot paid mods were still going on shitout 4, I have the mod that blocks the messages and turned its updates off I haven't updated for about a year now. I black listed the same modders Ernest Lemmingway did because of the same reasons. I donate regularly to Modders and even pay to have ads removed from this site. I will not ever pay for mods unless I know all the money goes to the modder who creates it. To be honest I think nisa tanaka has most of my money because sexy bikini's and elf girls with giant axes always get my monies.

6 hours ago, Pork Type said:

Bethesda completely left out any sort of endgame viable upgrade path for Crossbow users, after introducing it. Until they decided to monetize it further via CC.

This is the end of my commentary upon this topic

There's a Daedric Crossbow mod on Nexus, including Mehrunes' Crossbow. It also includes Daedric bolts and the enchanted versions of said bolts.

Archived