Sexout FAQ - Read this to get started

This might sound stupid but you might want to edit the faq to state that you need the additional customised nwse extender you created. Would be a help for noobs like me. When I was first installing' date=' and assumed that the faq included all the info i needed (sexout is actually the first mod i ever installed for a bethesda game), it took me 3 days of redownloads and reinstalling my game before I figured out what I was missing by checking the plugin descriptions.

[/quote']

Good idea and thanks for the tip Theskid! I updated the FAQ about the custom NVSE build.

I don't have New Vegas and Sexout currently installed myself and not really actively following other threads, so guys please keep informing me if things need changing in the FAQ. I'll be happy to make the necessary updates to keep it up to date.

Also male body replacer and female mesh seem to be included now. That means that "Making things pretty and bouncy" section doesn't need parts 4 and 6 any more. Other parts, including 2, are still needed, right?

Just for info: SexoutNG is compatible with the latest version of the official NVSE (version 3 beta 2). So we may start removing references to the version 2 beta 13.

Do you mean that the Custom NVSE Build is not the one that should be used any longer? Official NVSE version is the correct one to use with Sexout?

At the moment we can use either, so we should start pointing people back to the official site. Next version of the prideslayer extender will most likely make use of new functionalities introduced into NVSE 3.

And it will also be easier to ask people if they are properly running NVSE 3 or greater than "the special one".

Thans for detailed faq! At least animations do work now)

So I followed instructions step by step and also installed sexout compilation to try what I need and what I don't. But when I dismember people there's a big red exlamation point instead of blood\meat etc. Which body meshes are missing?

I used BoG3 body, BNB and T6M Bouncing Breasts like in the guide.

I just wanted to say thanks for all your work putting this together. There are certainly some things I did not consider, contained in your helpful hints, and methodical lists for a lusty game.

One question I may ask for a bit of clarification on though. In mentioning the proper way to build a Sexout bash with Wrye, you mention that all esp's should be below the bashed patch as well as being inactive. Is there any particular reason why they should be made inactive if they will not be included in the bashed patch? Or might this be an overly careful decision? I just ask, because I have never had any issue with them being active while not included in the patch.

The occasional corrupt respawn cell is the usual bug I see, other than seeing a mod bug that has already been reported. I never read Arthmoor's article on this phenomenon prior to your link to it. Thanks for that link!! Hey, considering the link is based on an old issue first noticed in Oblivion or earlier, the link for a decent cell map to NV would be cool if you know of one. All I could find was the cell list without the map.

Anyway .. Thanks Again!!!

One question I may ask for a bit of clarification on though. In mentioning the proper way to build a Sexout bash with Wrye' date=' you mention that all esp's should be below the bashed patch as well as being inactive. Is there any particular reason why they should be made inactive if they will not be included in the bashed patch? Or might this be an overly careful decision?

[/quote']

I said that before to make double-sure. You'll notice that it's described as a rule of thumb for most users. The more you know what you're doing, the less you need to pay attention to that.

One thing that could arise, for instance, is that bad load order could 'activate' an esp another is dependent on while building the patch & import some stuff that shouldn't be. It's all ifs & buts, but prevention is easier than trying to diagnose a problem when it happens.

One question I may ask for a bit of clarification on though. In mentioning the proper way to build a Sexout bash with Wrye' date=' you mention that all esp's should be below the bashed patch as well as being inactive. Is there any particular reason why they should be made inactive if they will not be included in the bashed patch? Or might this be an overly careful decision?

[/quote']

I said that before to make double-sure. You'll notice that it's described as a rule of thumb for most users. The more you know what you're doing, the less you need to pay attention to that.

One thing that could arise, for instance, is that bad load order could 'activate' an esp another is dependent on while building the patch & import some stuff that shouldn't be. It's all ifs & buts, but prevention is easier than trying to diagnose a problem when it happens.

Thanks for that info Docta - appreciated, and less foggy to fathom.

Sexout works perfectly fine with the xbox pad. I use it all the time. 2 things:

1) Wrong thread, this should be in the Technical or main sexout areas as a new thread, not tacked onto the FAQ thread.

2) Always post your complete load order. A majority of problems are caused by load order issues and mod conflicts.

1) Wrong thread' date=' this should be in the Technical or main sexout areas as a new thread, not tacked onto the FAQ thread.

2) Always post your complete load order. A majority of problems are caused by load order issues and mod conflicts.

[/quote']

and u think Xbox pad problem with sex-motion has a any relation with load order?

How genius

and u think Xbox pad problem with sex-motion has a any relation with load order?

How genius

Well not being an expert on Xbox myself (never used one) I would assume that Load order is still a problem with adding mods, no idea whether it can be set up in an Xbox somehow.

But hell if insulting people trying to help you works for you, good luck with that.

1) Wrong thread' date=' this should be in the Technical or main sexout areas as a new thread, not tacked onto the FAQ thread.

[/quote']

How genius

No, I just know for a fact that the xbox controller doesn't have fucking thing to do with whether sexout animations work or not. And that by requesting you post a load order, I am asking you to provide information vital to solving 90%+ of problems that people have had with running sexout modules. Also, since every technical support thread line here has a stickied post at the top that if you had bothered to read you would have seen that the one common request is that if you want technical support you need to provide a load order. I usually try to help even without that, but since your problem is not a normal issue I thought seeing your load order might help. Again, I use an XBOX controller for FO3, FONV, and Skyrim and have never has any type of animations issues at all. Ever. I repeat, Ever. The only other thing I can think of is the windows driver for the controller is screwed and you need to reinstall the controller drivers. Have you tried that? No? Didn't think so. Also, do have any programs (like an updater for the controller) running in the background that could be interfering? Is the battery indicator that windows displays when you hit the center button popping up? Is the battery going dead? Are you losing connection? Again, I was trying to help you help yourself by following the request of individuals here who have been doing this a lot longer than I have, and probably you have. Since you have decided not to read the info in the technical posts and have decided you'd rather be insulting and rude, I am going to do something I have on done only one other time. Use my "Ignore List" to my advantage. I hope you get help for your issues, but it won't be from me. Good day, and good luck.

This FAQ is meant to give information for people new to Sexout. The old FAQ by Tregarin was getting pretty dusty and contained outdated information' date=' so I decided to make a new one.

Note that this thread is not meant to give technical support for any particular problem you might be experiencing, so don't ask for help in this thread. If your game is crashing or your graphics are all funny or you don't know how to use a mod manager, first read through this FAQ, then the guide [b']How to get help with problems[/b] and as a final step continue to Technical Support.

If you think that some information should be added here, please tell me about it! If you think some answers are false or only contain a partial answer, mention it! If there's a typo or weirdly formed sentence (English is not my native language), be a good grammar Nazi and point it out! And admins feel free to edit this post as you wish so that it contains valid and current information.

--- Background ---

Q: What is Sexout?

A: Sexout is a collection of mods build around the SexoutNG framework, aimed to make Fallout New Vegas a more adult oriented experience. That means basically animated pixel sex.

Q: Any screenshots or video clips?

A: Check out Sex screenshots thread for pics. Unfortunately no video, at least for the moment.

Q: What kind of content can I expect?

A: This depends heavily on what particular mods you choose to install. Generally speaking, you can expect normal sex, rape, sexual slavery, drug usage, pregnancy, bestiality and other kind of nastiness. It's definitely for adults only!

Q: Anything that's not allowed in these mods?

A: Pedo stuff. Zero tolerance for that, so don't even bother asking.

Q: Is Sexout somehow related to Workgirl Tryout from NewVegasNexus?

A: Yes. Originally there was the mod Workgirl Tryout, which was then ported to Sexout framework and enhanced with additional content. It's now called "Sexout Tryout Plugins", and is one of the several mods made for SexoutNG. The original Workgirl Tryout is not updated or supported any longer. If you've tried it and liked it, you're going to *love* Sexout!

Q: Is Sexout somehow related to WSEX, Sexual Innuendo, Humping the Mojave or More Adult content from NewVegasNexus?

A: No, not directly. It's very much like them, but much, much larger and developed actively. There's actually even a WSEX (Sexual Innuendo) Override that allows you to play those things using Sexout, if you really want to.

Q: Is Sexout somehow related to Animated Prostitution?

A: No, not directly. It's a bit like AP, but much, much larger and more advanced.

Q: Where is Sexout being developed and by whom?

A: Here at Lovers Lab by various members. New developers are warmly welcome to create their own Sexout mods or even to help editing the existing ones.

Q What's is it's current status?

A: Very playable. Many of the mods are still under development, but most are already in a very good condition and ready to be played.

Q: How much does it cost?

A: Nothing. It's completely free.

--- Getting started ---

Q: What is required for the mods to work?

A: A genuine copy of Fallout New Vegas, patched to the latest version. Pirated copies are not supported. DLC are not required unless specifically stated so by an individual mod, and almost none do. In addition to the basic game itself you're also going to need both Custom NVSE Build and NVSE Extender and Astymma's Compatibility Skeleton (it must be this skeleton, no other will do). Without them Sexout isn't going to work properly. You'll also want to install Mod Configuration Menu (MCM) so that you'll be able to change the options to your liking. Oh and a cute looking nude body for males and females might be a good idea.

Q: How about Fallout 3? Can I use Sexout with it?

A: No. There is an unofficial attempt to make this real, but it's in very early stages. If you're interested, check out this thread.

Q What kind of player character is Sexout suitable for?

A: You can play pretty much anything you want (man/woman, dominant/submissive, heterosexual/homosexual/bisexual, good/evil). Submissive woman is the one with the most content though. Individual mods might have certain restrictions, so be sure to read the descriptions.

Q: Any handy list of available Sexout mods?

A: Yes! Check out Sexout Plugin List. If you somehow manage to dig up one that does not appear on the list, then it should be considered removed, broken, or abandoned and should not be used with the current sexoutNG version.

Q: How do I install the mods?

A: Two ways. Traditional one is to choose and download what mods you want yourself from the Downloads list. The newer option is to use the compilation file. If you decide to use the compilation file, make sure that you read the mod descriptions and untick any mods you don't want to use.

Q: What mods should I use? There are dozens to choose from and I don't know where to start.

A: That depends on your taste. At the very minimum you're going to have SexoutNG framework. It does nothing at all by itself, so you're going to need something else in addition to it. Sexout Tryout Plugins is one of the largest mods and worth considering. Sexout Consequences adds some nice sexual content to the quests. SexoutFadeToBlack replaces the fade to black sex scenes that are already in the original game with animated ones. SexoutNG NV Pregnancy gives you and your companions the ability to get pregnant. There are plenty of other good mods too, so you'll just have to read the descriptions.

Q: Are there any known incompatibilities?

A: SexoutNG is incompatible with pretty much every other animation or pose mod. Some mods that are known to cause trouble are Body by Race, Groovatron and 7dancefnv.esp by Umpa. For more information about that check out known issues. SexoutBreeder conflicts with Run the Lucky 38 due to conflicting worldspace additions.

Q: So I just drop the files into Data Folder of Fallout New Vegas?

A: Don't. Use a mod manager to handle all that stuff, so you can easily uninstall and reinstall the mods. Either use FOMM, NMM or Wrye Flash. Also use BOSS to automatically put the mods in a proper load order. These tools aren't something that Sexout absolutely requires, but they'll greatly reduce the risks of your installation getting fucked up. If you don't use any mod manager, you're asking for trouble and making it hard for us to help you.

--- Making things pretty and bouncy ---

Q: My character and the NPCs look hideous. How can I make everything more cute and sexy? And how can I make breasts bounce?

A: You have a very wide list options available for bodies, skins etc. to install. This is just a suggestion for an average user how to get things working in a _relatively_ simple way and still look pretty good. You are of course free to customize everything yourself as you wish. Note that this whole guide is purely optional. You don't need to install any of this stuff to make Sexout work - except step 4, which is mandatory.

Install the following things in the order they are listed because some files need to be overwritten.

1) Female texture replacer

First we need a texture replacer so that females are properly naked when wearing no armor. Beware of Girl Type 3 HiRez HiDetailed Replacer is quite nice. When installing, choose CALI for body mesh (so that the texture options become choosable) and any of the textures that you like the most.

2) Making things bounce

Secondly we a way to make our breasts bounce when we are naked. Get the file BNB_Body from Bouncing Natural Breasts. We don't want to install all that it contains, because the only thing we are interested in is the meshes folder. So unpack the archive to to somewhere, get the meshes folder and only install it. Overwrite everything when asked.

Warning - The meshes folder contains two skeleton files that are NOT compatible with Sexout! So don't forget to do step 4 (Right skeleton). You absolutely MUST install the right skeleton.

3) Female body replacer

Let's replace the current body we're using with a nice looking bouncing breasts one. Install T6M Bouncing Breasts. Overwrite everything when asked.

4) Right skeleton

Install Astymma's Compatibility Skeleton. It must be this skeleton, no other will do. Overwrite everything when asked.

5) Clothes replacer

Our clothes won't have bouncing breasts effects unless we use a replacer for them. Get the file BB Armors Type 3 Replacer from Bouncing Breasts Type 3 Armors and install it. If you've installed Maternity Clothes mod, then some of the files already exist. Don't replace them, because we want to keep the maternity ones.

6) Male body replacer

Your options are either Breezes New Vegas Males or FS Roberts for New Vegas. Breezes is probably a better choice, because Sexout animations align better with it. Currently it causes an error though if you try to install it with NMM. So if you're using NMM and want to use Breezes, you need to install it manually (somewhat hard, because you just can't just drop everything to the Data folder). Or you can just use Roberts.

7) More hair and eye options

Get Beauty Pack PLUS -Project Mikoto- Hair - Eyes - Presets. It has tons of hairs and eyes to choose from.

--- Troubleshooting ---

Q: I installed the mods and now the game crashes at start up.

A: You are missing a required esm or esp file or they are in wrong load order. So make sure that you've installed all the requirements and the load order is correct. You can run FNVEdit to look for troubles. If a file is in the wrong order or missing a master, FNVEdit will stop loading and tell you whats wrong. You can also untick mods one by one until you find the culprit. Most likely you're missing either Sexout.esm, SexoutCommonResources.esm, SexoutPregnancyV3.esm, SexoutSlavery.esm or SexoutLegion.esm or they're not in the correct load order. But this all depends on what mods you have installed. Read through their descriptions to find out what is required!

A2: Another way to cause this problem is to have a huge amount of mods installed. The specific value varies from system to system, but we are talking something in the size of 150-200 esp and esm files. Get rid of some and see if the problem disappears.

Q: What is the correct load order?

A: Sexout.esm, SexoutCommonResources.esm, SexoutPregnancyV3.esm, SexoutSlavery.esm, SexoutLegion.esm. Other Sexout mods go behind them in no particular order. You could also use BOSS to sort them out. (BOSS actually puts SexoutPregnancyV3.esm last, but that's okay too as long as it's behind SexoutCommonResources.esm)

Q: I'm sure I unticked some or all of Sexout's esm files from the load order, but I think they are still loading. What kind of devil sorcery is this?

A: Simply unticking a mod in the load order will not actually prevent it from loading if another mod that requires it is still active. For example consider a situation where you have unticked sexout.esm, sexoutcommonresources.esm, sexoutslavery.esm and sexoutlegion.esm, but you've got ticked sexoutworkinggirl.esp. This will cause every one of those unticked ESMs to get loaded, since workinggirl needs legion, which needs slavery, which needs SCR, which needs sexout. If any one of those are actually missing, when you try to start the game it will crash to desktop. This is not particular to Sexout, it's how the game engine works.

Q: I have a ton of mods so I thought I'll combine some of the ESP and ESM files together. Or is that a bad idea?

A: That's a really bad idea! The odds that something gets fucked up are high. You shouldn't do that to Sexout mods, or more generally speaking to any mods.

Q: I'm using Wrye Flash and I'm about to do bashed patch. Anything I should know?

A: As a good rule of thumb for most users, all Sexout mods should be deactivated before you build your bashed patch, and nothing Sexout related ought to be imported or merged in. Sexout esp files should be placed after the bashed patch.

Q: Is creating a patch plugin / override patch ok?

A: Do it if you know what you're doing. Just be careful.

Q: I'm about to do an update for one or more of the mods. Anything I should be aware of before I do it?

A: Yes, updating should be done carefully. When updating, remember to check if the required files for the mod have gotten updates too. Also check that the esm files are still in the correct load order. Additionally if the mod's author tells you to do a clean save, do it.

Q: Clean save? What the heck is that?

A: Clean save means that you're going to do a save that contains no information about the Sexout mods. That means you're going to lose all information about current pregnancies, how many times you've had sex etc. Yes, it sucks but otherwise you might run into pretty strange bugs. To do a clean save follow these steps:

_1) Untick all your Sexout mods from the load order

_2) Load your current game and save it to a new slot

_3) Put in the new versions

_4) Put all the mods into the same spots in the load order they were previously and tick them

_5) Load the clean save you made in step 2.

Q: There's something wrong with my textures / graphics.

A: You need to have turned on Archive Invalidation. Mod managers come equipped with an easy way to do that. If it's already turned on, you could try turning it off and then back on to see if that fixes anything. Even if it doesn't work, nothing bad can happen due to it.

A2: Another way to cause this problem is to have a huge amount of mods installed. The specific value varies from system to system, but we are talking something in the size of 150-200 esp and esm files. Get rid of some and see if the problem disappears.

Q: Why my animations aren't working?

A: Do you have both the Custom NVSE Build and NVSE Extender from here?

A2: Do you have any animation or pose mods installed? Try taking them off, they're known to cause conflicts with Sexout. If you really want to keep them, you could try to use this workaround.

Q: Why does the game sometimes crash when sex animations are about to begin?

A: Do you have Astymma's Compatability Skeleton installed? Sexout needs a proper Bouncing Breasts skeleton for some of the animations, and Astymma's Compatability Skeleton is the right one. No other skeleton will do, so make sure you're using this one.

Q: When having sex my breasts are doing the weirdest things, stretching to infinity or something?

A: Do you have Astymma's Compatability Skeleton installed? Sexout needs a proper Bouncing Breasts skeleton for some of the animations, and Astymma's combined skeleton is the right one. No other skeleton will do, so make sure you're using this one.

Q: But what if I'm using another mod that comes with a skeleton?

A: Replace that skeleton with Astymma's Compatability Skeleton.

Q: I seem to be crashing when I enter a particular area every single time.

A: Most likely reason is that there's a corrupt spawn point 2 cells beyond the cell you just wandered in (see this post to see it explained for Oblivion). It's not necessarily caused by mods, and hardly ever a Sexout issue - can happen in vanilla even - although having a bunch of mods adding spawns or messing with leveled lists of spawns obviously increases the chance. The easiest way of dealing with it is backpedalling away from the place you crash at, get into an interior, and wait a few days - at least 3 - for everything to reset. Chances are the next time the cell is loaded, it'll all be fine.

A2: Another possibility is that your save file might have become corrupted. Have you tried with an earlier save file to see if it crashes with that too?

A3: Third possibility is that one of the mods you're using is causing the crash. Start unticking mods one by one and see if it helps.

Q: My character sometimes goes invisible when sex starts. Why?

A: You're playing in first person mode, right? Switch to third person mode, that should fix it. If you really want to play in first person, you could try to enable 'Telephoto' setting in the SexoutNG MCM configuration which tries to fix this problem.

Q: I'm having a weird "out of body" experience after having sex. It's like I'm stuck in a camera mode or something.

A1: You can fix this by opening the console and typing 'tfc'.

A2: You can also quit the game and then reload latest save. Everything should be okay again.

Q: All kinds of weird things are happening after I updated some Sexout mods.

A: You could try doing a clean save if nothing else seems to help.

Q: My game's still not working properly! I've already tried everything suggested in this FAQ. What now?

A: Read through the guide How to get help with problems. After that you can get more help at Technical Support.

Dumb question... but where is the actual download?

You know, we have an FAQ to answer questions just like that one.

Q: How do I install the mods?

A: Two ways. Traditional one is to choose and download what mods you want yourself from the Downloads list. The newer option is to use the compilation file. If you decide to use the compilation file' date=' make sure that you read the mod descriptions and untick any mods you don't want to use.[/quote']

Does this really not support pirated ones?

Chances are it doesn't. Actually' date=' [i'] we [/i] don't support pirated copies, is more accurate. If you have a problem with sexout mods, and if it turns out that's because you're running a pirated copy, we won't help you.