Sexout FAQ - Read this to get started

I get a crash when launching' date=' I think it's to do with the load order based on what you've said. However, despite being in the fallout folder, the sexoutcommonresources.esm isn't showing up in the nexus mod manager or the data files thing (from the launcher) so I can't change it's load order.

what should I do?

[/quote']

First of all, these kind of questions belong to Technical Support, not here.

If you're missing the esm file from the load order it's a good indicator that you've installed it wrong. You can go to the Data Folder and see if it's there, but I would bet all my caps that it's in a wrong place. Where it should be, is \Steam\steamapps\common\fallout new vegas\Data. So check and double check that it's installed correctly.

Thanks, sorry for posting the wrong area, I must have misread as I thought it just went into the fallout folder, not the data folder.

Just launced NV, not crashing and It says that the mod's options have been added.

Thanks for your help.

I have looked throughout LL and google to avoid asking, sorry. I have never used FOMM before. I am familiar with NMM and as great as it is, I was unable to install with it. For some reason some mods worked, some didn't. When I learned to install manually, 99.9% of my mods worked when installing. This was for Skyrim. Using manual installation has been easiest for me.

Working on Sexout for a time now, I've been a little successful. I don't know how some of it worked for me the first time I got some of the mods going. I think I just about installed all of them my first try. I was excited to try them out. I learned from that mistake.

I'll cut to the chase here. I don't know how you install mods from LoversLab to FOMM. I'm guessing it is possible since it's recommended to install everything with FOMM. The other question I have is, what exactly do you install from SexoutNGCore? The data file and the esm file seem straight forward. I don't know what FOMOD is used for. NSVE, I have and the NSVE extenter. Sexout: Backups, Docs, Options. No idea what to do with these. I read the readme but didn't see the answer to these questions. Then there's the esm. Another one? I'm confused.

I really did all I could to avoid asking questions that might be asked before, but I seriously couldn't find them. Not trying to upset anyone by asking what might seem simple. I just want to make sure I'm doing it correctly.

SexoutNG - Core is a FOMOD. FOMODs are FOMM's native filetype. In FOMM, click "Package manager", then click "Add FOMod" and select the FOMOD file. This also works for FOMOD-ready archives, which most .zip, .rar, or .7z files for Sexout are.

SexoutNG - Core is a FOMOD. FOMODs are FOMM's native filetype. In FOMM' date=' click "Package manager", then click "Add FOMod" and select the FOMOD file. This also works for FOMOD-ready archives, which most .zip, .rar, or .7z files for Sexout are.

[/quote']

Thank you Zippy! ^^

We need a note in here that indicates that simply unchecking a mod in the load order will not actually prevent it from loading if another mod that requires it is still active. This isn't really 'sinking in' with people. It's not a sexout thing, an extender thing, or an nvse thing -- it's a core game engine thing.

Example:

[ ] sexout.esm
[ ] sexoutcommonresources.esm
[ ] sexoutslavery.esm
[ ] sexoutlegion.esm
[X] sexoutworkinggirl.esp

This will cause every one of those unticked ESMs to get loaded, since workinggirl needs legion, which needs slavery, which needs SCR, which needs sexout. If any one of those are missing, when you try to start the game it will crash to desktop.

We need a note in here that indicates that simply unchecking a mod in the load order will not actually prevent it from loading if another mod that requires it is still active. This isn't really 'sinking in' with people. It's not a sexout thing' date=' an extender thing, or an nvse thing -- it's a core game engine thing.

[/quote']

Good idea. I added something about it to the troubleshooting part of the FAQ.

I actually was puzzled by this behavior myself when I tried to test how missing requirements crash looks like in action. But I couldn't get it to crash no matter what I unticked, because in the background the esm files were still there for the game to find and load.

Damn you Bethesda! How hard would it be to actually show a message for the user if the game ends up loading a file you've chosen not to, or more importantly if the game's about crash because a requirement is missing. Sigh... Especially the latter message would have eliminated so much needless tech support questions.

• 2 weeks later...

I have sexout and numerous plug-ins installed' date=' and it all works beautifully, except for one problem: all males have flaccid wongs during sex. Do I need another mod to sort it out?

[/quote']

You need to either install breezes with 'erect' as the default mesh and no bodysuits, or use the sexout beta.

edit: I saw that zippy.. not zippy enough!

I have sexout and numerous plug-ins installed' date=' and it all works beautifully, except for one problem: all males have flaccid wongs during sex. Do I need another mod to sort it out?

[/quote']

You need to either install breezes with 'erect' as the default mesh and no bodysuits, or use the sexout beta.

Thanks. Renamed the beta default mesh to 'upperbody' and works fine.

[/quote']

Thanks. Renamed the beta default mesh to 'upperbody' and works fine.

You mean the DATA fomod mesh or breezes mesh, right? The beta doesn't come with any meshes, but works fine with the data fomod as-is. The default upper body mesh in the FOMOD is set to the underwear one, and during sex males will automatically wear erect bodysuits. They don't have bodysuits in the release version, so you need to do a little finessing right now for it to work.

When I updated the data fomod I expected the ESM to be out of beta a lot sooner.. silly me.

Sorry for my english (google) ..

When you click on the new game is video, then the loading screen and the game crashes - the application will be closed. Plugin list has only DLS, Sexout.esm and SexoutCommonResources.esm. Installed the latest version of plugins Sexout. What do I do?

Hello i just got this game and have no other Non Sexout mods installed with the exception of the Mod Configuration Menu and Unified HUD. Problem is, every time i try to load with Sexout selected i experience a CTD, without it, it works fine, im sure there's something i'm overlooking. I have read the OP thoroughly and have moderate experience installing MODs (I have over 100 Skyrim Mods installed).

While i did install Breezers nude body i have not installed any bouncy breasts mod as recommended on the OP. Also, i have installed both Sexout Core and Data files. Here is my current load order.

[X] FalloutNV.esm

[X] CaravanPack.esm

[X] ClassicPack.esm

[X] MercenaryPack.esm

[X] DeadMoney.esm

[X] HonestHearts.esm

[X] LonesomeRoad.esm

[X] GunRunnersArsenal.esm

[X] TribalPack.esm

[X] OldWorldBlues.esm

[X] Sexout.esm

[X] SexoutCommonResources.esm

[X] SexoutRapeGame.esp

[X] bzBodySuits.esp

[X] bzArmour.esp

[X] The Mod Configuration Menu.esp

I'd really appreciate some help in this matter.

Hold on that.

I've noticed that lately a lot has been changing in SexoutNG, such as the custom NVSE build and something about player bodies. Problem is that I have only been following it with occasional glances, without really taking time to read and understand it all, nor installing the latest versions and trying them out.

So...If something needs to be changed in the FAQ just give me the word!

Maybe something to add to the FAQ: If an a mod you are looking for (or an old mod you currently have) does not appear in the Sexout Plugin List thread (http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=8803)' date=' then is should be considered removed, broken, or abandoned and should not be used with the current sexoutNG version.

[/quote']

That's a sensible warning. I added something about this to the answer for "Q: Any handy list of available Sexout mods?".

• 3 weeks later...

This might sound stupid but you might want to edit the faq to state that you need the additional customised nwse extender you created. Would be a help for noobs like me. When I was first installing, and assumed that the faq included all the info i needed (sexout is actually the first mod i ever installed for a bethesda game), it took me 3 days of redownloads and reinstalling my game before I figured out what I was missing by checking the plugin descriptions.