Sexout FAQ - Read this to get started

I get a crash when launching' date=' I think it's to do with the load order based on what you've said. However, despite being in the fallout folder, the sexoutcommonresources.esm isn't showing up in the nexus mod manager or the data files thing (from the launcher) so I can't change it's load order.

what should I do?

[/quote']

First of all, these kind of questions belong to Technical Support, not here.

If you're missing the esm file from the load order it's a good indicator that you've installed it wrong. You can go to the Data Folder and see if it's there, but I would bet all my caps that it's in a wrong place. Where it should be, is \Steam\steamapps\common\fallout new vegas\Data. So check and double check that it's installed correctly.

Can you add pose mods as a possible reason for anims not working? And perhaps point to pride's workaround? Just a little bit of extra redundancy ;)

Excellent idea. Done!

(EDIT: Also added something about breasts to infinity - and beyond!)

If you use wrye flash should the various sexout esp's be placed before or after the bashed patch?

After. In fact, they should probably be deactivated before you build your bashed patch, and nothing sexout ought to be imported or merged in.

If you use wrye flash should the various sexout esp's be placed before or after the bashed patch?

After. In fact' date=' they should probably be deactivated before you build your bashed patch, and nothing sexout ought to be imported or merged in.

[/quote']

Added this to the FAQ.

Added this to the FAQ.

I'm not saying your game will blow up if you do it differently, but it's a good rule of thumb for most users.

There's little need for sexout mods to have form - and levelled lists merged with vanilla, faces imported or any of the other pluses of using bashed patch anyhow.

I'm not saying your game will blow up if you do it differently' date=' but it's a good rule of thumb for most users.

There's little need for sexout mods to have form - and levelled lists merged with vanilla, faces imported or any of the other pluses of using bashed patch anyhow.

[/quote']

Changed the wording slightly to reflect this.

I guess most of the FAQ's content is just that, good rules of thumb for most people who don't really know what they're doing yet. Those people who know what they are doing also know the risks and rewards involved, and know how to fix things if all goes kaboom. :)

Updates today:

- As NVSE Extender comes within SexoutNG package, I removed it from the "What is required for the mods to work" part. It's still mentioned in the troubleshooting part.

Question:

- Does BOSS make wrong load order for you guys too? It seems that it really, really likes the order Sexout, SexoutCommonResources, SexoutSlavery, SexoutLegion and SexoutPregnancyV3. Pregnancy seems to want to go all the way to be the last esm. Halstrom already said it won't really matter as long as it's after SCR, but still kinda annoying....

Changed the wording slightly to reflect this.

I guess most of the FAQ's content is just that' date=' good rules of thumb for most people who don't really know what they're doing yet. Those people who know what they are doing also know the risks and rewards involved, and know how to fix things if all goes kaboom. :)

[/quote']

Thanks. I just wanted to avoid sounding too strict about that.

Another thing:

Q: I seem to be crashing when I enter a particular area every single time.

Another, and the most likely, answer to this is that there's a corrupt spawn point 2 cells beyond the cell you just wandered in. (see http://afkmods.iguanadons.net/index.php?a=topic&t=3 to see it explained for Oblivion). It's not necessarily caused by mods, and hardly ever a Sexout issue - can happen in vanilla even - although having a bunch of mods adding spawns or messing with levelled lists of spawns obviously increases the chance.

The easiest way of dealing with it is backpedalling away from the place you crash at, get into an interior, and wait a few days - at least 3 - for everything to reset. Chances are the next time the cell is loaded, it'll all be fine.

Do I use the skeleton.nif files from Bouncing Natural Breasts (http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/35047 ) as it implies here (http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=4768 ), or do I overwrite them (and still use Bouncing Natural Breasts ) with skeleton.nif files from Compatability Skeleton - BnB BodyExtender FAFF NVG ( http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/45229 )?

You use the skeleton from the compatibility skeleton (45229). That other thread is out of date. But you can still use the anims from BnB. You're still better off using some nude body, so that you're sure of having textures.

Another thing:

Q: I seem to be crashing when I enter a particular area every single time.

Another' date=' and the most likely, answer to this is that there's a corrupt spawn point 2 cells beyond the cell you just wandered in. (see http://afkmods.iguanadons.net/index.php?a=topic&t=3 to see it explained for Oblivion). It's not necessarily caused by mods, and hardly ever a Sexout issue - can happen in vanilla even - although having a bunch of mods adding spawns or messing with levelled lists of spawns obviously increases the chance.

The easiest way of dealing with it is backpedalling away from the place you crash at, get into an interior, and wait a few days - at least 3 - for everything to reset. Chances are the next time the cell is loaded, it'll all be fine.

[/quote']

Thank you, I added your explanation to the FAQ. I had actually never heard about corrupted spawn points before. I always just thought all those kind of crashes were just corrupted save games. Damn... I wish I had known this back in Oblivion days. Would have saved me some hours of my life. :)

There are mods, NVEC in particular, that extend wait time. NVEC makes it possible to wait/sleep up to 72 hours. I don't know about the vanilla engine in regards to resetting/respawning things but mods like pregnancy won't recognize the extended wait time. If you're trying to wait out a pregnancy or other mod-added effect, you need to wait 24 hours or less at a time.

There are mods' date=' NVEC in particular, that extend wait time. NVEC makes it possible to wait/sleep up to 72 hours. I don't know about the vanilla engine in regards to resetting/respawning things but mods like pregnancy won't recognize the extended wait time. If you're trying to wait out a pregnancy or other mod-added effect, you need to wait 24 hours or less at a time.[/quote']

Pregnancy depends on a clock rather than GameDaysPassed, so doesn't detect any more than 24 hours waiting, I fixed the 24hour bug, I had no idea it was possible to wait more than 24 hours till your post.

Question:

- Does BOSS make wrong load order for you guys too? It seems that it really' date=' really likes the order Sexout, SexoutCommonResources, SexoutSlavery, SexoutLegion and SexoutPregnancyV3. Pregnancy seems to want to go all the way to be the last esm. Halstrom already said it won't really matter as long as it's after SCR, but still kinda annoying....

[/quote']

I'm a bit late to this, but I'm also having the same issue with BOSS. It always places the esm's in the order above instead of the correct order.

The order above IS the correct order. Pregnancy can go anywhere and the other 4 are right. The "problem" you are encountering is that BOSS drops unknown plugins to the bottom of the list.

Ah, okay. OP says Pregnancy needs to go after SCR and before the others, I was abiding by that.

I was aware that the majority of Sexout esp's can go anywhere, but I didn't know that about the Pregnancy ESM.

The order above IS the correct order. Pregnancy can go anywhere and the other 4 are right. The "problem" you are encountering is that BOSS drops unknown plugins to the bottom of the list.

Okies. I added something about this to the FAQ so that it's less likely to confuse people.

I finally added the guide "Making things pretty" into the FAQ. It's far from perfect, but it should work and at the very least give some information for newbies on how to get their breasts to bounce.

My experience about all the different body and skin replacers is extremely limited, so all input is more than welcome. Especially if you think that something's not right, is too complicated or that there are better options than the ones currently presented.

I think it might be helpful if the "top 10" were made a bit larger and put first, and the rest organized into spoilered sections or something based on topic.. maybe? It's getting pretty long now, and I think that's the main reason people need it to begin with -- "too much to read" in all the other posts where they're downloading stuff.

Thoughts from everyone else?

I think it might be helpful if the "top 10" were made a bit larger and put first' date=' and the rest organized into spoilered sections or something based on topic.. maybe? It's getting pretty long now, and I think that's the main reason people need it to begin with -- "too much to read" in all the other posts where they're downloading stuff.

Thoughts from everyone else?

[/quote']

Well I added the spoilers at least. They seem to work pretty nicely, and I don't think we're gonna suffer any more from stupid deaths like "A wall of text hits you! You miss the wall of text. A wall of text hits you! You are paralyzed. A wall of text hits you! You die..."