Sexout FAQ - Read this to get started

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

em Fomm.PackageManager.FomodBuilder.FomodFromSourceBuilder.BuildFomodFromSource(String p_strPath, NexusAPI p_nxaNexus)

em Fomm.PackageManager.PackageManager.AddNewFomod(String p_strPath)

em Fomm.MainForm..ctor(String fomod)

em Fomm.Program.Main(String[] args)

I absolutely loved the SO Plugin List.  What happened to it?  Seems stuff has moved and a message about a new system.  A new list?  The SO Plugin List posted in the "getting started" area was really user friendly and well organized.  I'm guessing not so user friendly for the modders or just a pain to update? 

The new download system has all the features of the Plugin List (notifications when a file has been updated, version numbers, date of last update) with the added benefit of being completely automated, so the Plugin List is obsolete and discontinued.

Ah, okay.  It makes sense.  Thanks zippy.

This thread, especially the 'getting started' section, has helped me a lot with my first Sexout setup (long time ago), so I wanted to thank you for making it :)

After reading it now, i still think it's perfectly clear what should first time user do.

But maybe few things should be modified a bit

• In the last answer NMM should not be recomended, as people are having trouble installing SexoutNG with it, and I'm not sure about Wrye flash. (FOMOD script thing?)
  • In the first answer, to make it more clear about nvse version: "(Required) Latest (beta version) NVSE."
Cheers :)

Flash's bain package handling works well, but you have to convert fomods to .7s first, really. It's more of a thing people who cut their bones on Oblivion would find easy to work with, the rest not so much. I think it's best to suggest fomm as the standard, and both NMM & Flash as an "at your own risk" type deal.

The other thing: as long as the latest beta is version 3 beta 2, it's best to explicitly state the version (v3b2) due to the confusion between 'latest version' & 'beta version'. Sometimes people get hung up on that & think the beta is experimental/untested or something.

Considering NMM... are you sure it's not working? I installed Sexout
myself couple weeks ago with it and I didn't have any problems.

I made an update so that specific NVSE version is mentioned. Good idea, and it's not like that new versions of it are popping out all the time any more.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...