56 minutes ago, Martok73 said:

I use RC7 with the pippad with no issue except for hen wrists are restrained it won't open, which makes getting out of bonds a pain in the ass and making the only way to remove without console is to open another container and use that to unlock/pick player restraints.

Try setting the Hide Pip-Boy option in the Devious Devices MCM to -1.

And yes I'm using Pip-Pad with RC7 successfully, though when mittens get equipped I've noticed I get notifications about "You can't pick up this item with sealed hands!" and "You can't equip this item with sealed hands!" which I think might be related to Pip-Pad (doesn't seem to keep it from working though).

2 hours ago, vaultbait said:

I have the difficulty modifier at 0 which is supposed to reduce difficulty by 75%, but nearly every device I happen across has a master level lock,

It seems regardless of settings 0>9 the lockpick mini game is the same, multi Master locks. Tip: try setting 9 for the struggle/cut (think the easy/hard is backwards)

2 hours ago, vaultbait said:

which also don't decrease when sleeping or waiting.

There's an "anti cheat" code that is also bugged. The DD timer pauses if sleeping/waiting. But.. if you cancel the sleep/wait event before it naturally runs out, it adds the remaining time to the DD timer.

Have you had the Institute leg cuffs not reset the player speed to normal when removing them? I also noticed that when testing a gag on an NPC, the face morph wasn't removed with the gag.

Edited by izzyknows
1 hour ago, vaultbait said:

Thanks for confirming.

Yeah, I use that too, though sometimes I've got enough willpower to use the willpower unlock feature in Sex Attributes, or will get lucky with a Harassment devious or flirt encounter removing them.

Just to be clear, you're aware that both the Skyrim and Fallout 4 versions of DD were created by the same author, right? A lot of the shortcomings in this port of it are due to limitations in FO4 itself.

Yes I know they are from the same author, however I don't think she spent as much time with this version as she has with Skyrim because she's still working on it and has left this one to you guys in the community. Which is fine, but when you rush thru things bugs happen and things are overlooked. don't get me wrong I think she's great and appreciate what she has done, but I honestly think that this version could be just as good as Skyrim's version with enough time and patience. As far as the limitation of FO4, both games are based on the same creation engine, so even tho there are some differences most things will work comparably with enough TLC.

1 hour ago, vaultbait said:

Try setting the Hide Pip-Boy option in the Devious Devices MCM to -1.

And yes I'm using Pip-Pad with RC7 successfully, though when mittens get equipped I've noticed I get notifications about "You can't pick up this item with sealed hands!" and "You can't equip this item with sealed hands!" which I think might be related to Pip-Pad (doesn't seem to keep it from working though).

I have that setting on -1, and anytime my pc's wrists or hands are bound in anyway the pip-pad trys to open but is not there, so no way to select anything in my menus or inventory to unlock what I'm wearing, have to result to opening a container to remove them. I get the error about can't equip this item with bound or tied hands or something to that affect. I'll try to remember to take a screenshot next time I'm in game to show ya what happens when trying to open the pip-pad with bound hands/wrists. Hoping that makes sense.

16 hours ago, naaitsab said:

Yeah, perhaps it's a good idea to show a popup one time to discourage usage on NPC's

For gag talk i just add already done the same player timer for dialogues to NPC too.  If player and NPC is gagged 1 time you need speak and timer works for both. For other things i don't have a clue how to fix. If player is gagged and speaks with non gagged NPC then you have 30 sec and also if you now speak with gagged NP still timer work and dialogue is success.

8 hours ago, vaultbait said:

which also don't decrease when sleeping or waiting.

In original and also in modified version cheat engine works only for sleeping. (The same is in Skyrim, so...) Still you can find some chair and wait there to cheat necessary time.

About difficulty: default difficulty is 4 (zero is nightmare survival difficulty). I don't remember about minigame. but master lock picking skill for lockpick is decreased for 1 level in DD lockpick using.

7 hours ago, vaultbait said:

And yes I'm using Pip-Pad with RC7 successfully, though when mittens get equipped I've noticed I get notifications about "You can't pick up this item with sealed hands!" and "You can't equip this item with sealed hands!" which I think might be

@Martok73

1) You need add Pip-Pad mod as master to DD in FO4. if can't you need convert pippad mod to esm type.

2) Add all pippads id to DD item exclusive list (as first made pippad as master now it's possible). List:   DD_BondageMittensExclusionList [FLST:0B0961F4]

Now pipad works fine.

Edited by Elsidia
8 hours ago, Martok73 said:

on NPCs with no issues and no gag talk blocking dialog either.

UPD: Added notify for @naaitsab, @vaultbait if interest in that subject.

There is my made and tested in game instructions how to add gag talking timer the same as for player to NPC:

As simple link: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/73925-devious-devices/page/72/#comment-2904536

or orginal link:

Edited by Elsidia
2 hours ago, Elsidia said:

@Martok73

1) You need add Pip-Pad mod as master to DD in FO4. if can't you need convert pippad mod to esm type.

2) Add all pippads id to DD item exclusive list (as first made pippad as master now it's possible). List:   DD_BondageMittensExclusionList [FLST:0B0961F4]

Now pipad works fine.

UPD: Added notify for @naaitsab, @vaultbait if interest in that subject.

There is my made and tested in game instructions how to add gag talking timer the same as for player to NPC:

As simple link: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/73925-devious-devices/page/72/#comment-2904536

or orginal link:

Ok, I'll try both of these and see what happens, hopefully I don't screw em' up and get em' right so they work. We shall see, too tired tonight to do it, will try it later when not beat.

14 hours ago, Martok73 said:

I would also happen to agree with some of the above posts as well, that the usage on npcs not being intended is sad and very disappointing.

It's a bit like having a car only to be told that you can't drive it when it's raining. Kind of defeats the whole purpose.

Personally I would be fine with eliminating most of the scripted "mechanics" for NPCs, so that they work on NPCs.

15 hours ago, izzyknows said:

It seems regardless of settings 0>9 the lockpick mini game is the same, multi Master locks. Tip: try setting 9 for the struggle/cut (think the easy/hard is backwards)

Ooh, I hadn't considered that the help text in the MCM might be wrong/backwards. I'll definitely try it on 9 and see if things get a lot easier. Thanks!

8 hours ago, Elsidia said:

Wrong. Anti cheat engine is only for sleep. Sleeping bug is fixed for RC7. And wait cheat system not added. You can wait and take off DD items.

I'm not sure what sleeping bug you're referring to, but the delay definitely didn't decrease when I slept. You're right that I didn't test waiting in a chair though, I wrongly assumed both would be treated the same. Thanks for the suggestion/clarification.

8 hours ago, Elsidia said:

That's good to know, and worth adding to an FAQ on the file page. I'll probably just set Rogg's DD Items Manager to 0% on mittens instead though, I don't find them especially exciting.

33 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

I'll probably just set Rogg's DD Items Manager to 0% on mittens instead though

This list isn't used only for mittens as it in list name. This list is used for any item what have effect on - DD_EffectSpell_NoItemEquip "No Item Equip" [SPEL:0B05A4CC]

Example: latex straitjacket and similar items, armbinders, vault tech dress from DCW.

See FO4edit:

Spoiler

Clipboard.jpg.c1be8566e0ff108b3170b4f38b0d6e93.jpg

33 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

I'm not sure what sleeping bug you're referring to, but the delay definitely didn't decrease when I slept.

This is fixed in RC7 as i see script lines about it inside scripts.

Ok there is mathematics explanation of old bug:

You have locked into DD item and coooldown time is 4 hours for next attempt of escape.

Go to sleep for 8 hours.

Break a sleep after 1 hour: 8 -1=7

Now DD item cooldown is 4+7=11 hours.

Edited by Elsidia
15 minutes ago, Elsidia said:

This list isn't used only for mittens as it in list name. This list is used for any item what have effect on - DD_EffectSpell_NoItemEquip "No Item Equip" [SPEL:0B05A4CC]

Example: latex straitjacket and similar items, armbinders, vault tech dress from DCW.

Yep, I normally disable those too (and I don't use DCW). I've only had them enabled recently so I could playtest the recent dev work more thoroughly, and to be able to double-check the FG conversions in-game.

17 minutes ago, Elsidia said:

This is fixed in RC7 as i see script lines about it inside scripts.

Ok there is mathematics explanation of old bug:

You have locked into DD item and coooldown time is 4 hours for next attempt of escape.

Go to sleep for 8 hours.

Break a sleep after 1 hour: 8 -1=7

Now DD item cooldown is 4+7=11 hours.

Thanks, I wasn't breaking mid-sleep, just sleeping normally. After all I wasn't attempting to "cheat" the timers, just wait them out. Since I generally do survival style playthroughs, sleeping or waiting isn't a zero-cost activity as I'll still need to eat, drink, bathe, and so on at regular intervals.

To make a long story while working on a tentative mod list I crossed paths with vaultbait's Aug 18 patch list for 2.0. "Gold," I thought because for better or worse having DD in my load order, which is always, is like having an elephant in a circus. It can crowd everything else, suck up resources, and has always loved stomping your people flat. FO4 fucked hard with DD a few years ago and it was sometimes excruciating. Knowing this patch list was less than 3 months meant that DD still existed and people still loved it, so things had to be better, right? I archived the comment and felt much better myself.

Maybe I should have jumped to the last couple pages, but it was Saturday morning and the sun was out.  Before I clicked away I took a quick glanced at the next couple posts, then a few more, and kept on reading because it was good shit. I've made multiple notes that will be useful elsewhere, used all my likes, and am flirting with the idea of going back and using up a few more days worth. It turns out I didn't save those hours but they've been well spent, thank you all very much.

13 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Yep, I normally disable those too (and I don't use DCW). I've only had them enabled recently so I could playtest the recent dev work more thoroughly, and to be able to double-check the FG conversions in-game.

Thanks, I wasn't breaking mid-sleep, just sleeping normally. After all I wasn't attempting to "cheat" the timers, just wait them out. Since I generally do survival style playthroughs, sleeping or waiting isn't a zero-cost activity as I'll still need to eat, drink, bathe, and so on at regular intervals.

These timers to me just don't make sense anyway in Fallout, in Skyrim yeah they kinda make sense lorewise in a lore friendly ish way, cuz magic exists, but in Fallout, unless every single item has an electronic lock, which they use keys, so they don't, having timers on them doesn't make any sense from a lore friendly perspective. The slave collars yeah, timers make sense on those cause they are electronic slave collars that lorewise can hook up to a terminal or your pip-boy to be unlocked or modified or otherwise (if using Realhandcuffs mod, slave collars actually do hook to pip-boy to unlock). But a corset, or an armbinder, or a buttplug for godsakes makes absolutely no sense at all having a timer cause ain't no way in hell those items can have electronic locks. Which brings me to another point, why does every single item in DD Fallout have a timer when they damn sure didn't in DD Skyrim? It surely can't be an all or nothing type deal cause you can edit each item individually in xEdit, so why put timers on everything here when the original doesn't have them absolutely on everything? Some things have timers others don't. Me personally I'd love to see the timers completely removed from every item that was not a slave collar with an electronic lock, cause that would make more sense, if it uses a key then no timer, if it's electronic ie slave collar have a timer. Just little more lore friendlyness and QOL. IMHO. And if ya just have to have these timers on absolutely everything then damn make the timers go down when you sleep and not go up, that's pretty nuts for them to not go down sleeping but go down by waiting, no logic there.

2 hours ago, Martok73 said:

that's pretty nuts for them to not go down sleeping but go down by waiting, no logic there.

The same logic is in Skyrim so... )))

I'm completely can't understand why can't be electronics key-lock on corsets too also there can be mechanical key-lock on springs timer.

Also in Skyrim are timelock on chastity bra and belts so ... why?

The same logic is in Skyrim so... )))

I'm completely can't understand why can't be electronics key-lock on corsets too also there can be mechanical key-lock on springs timer.

Also in Skyrim are timelock on chastity bra and belts so ... why?

No, in Skyrim if you sleep the timer will go away if you sleep long enough. Not all chastity belts and bras in Skyrim have timers, just tested on several I have stored. Electronic lock on corset and other items that are not slave collars don't make sense to me, not for Fallout, for Skyrim it's different because of magic. But no not everything in Skyrim has a timer, I just tested about 20 devices including a few chastity belts and bras with no timer, as with some armbinders, corsets, hobbleskirts, straightjackets, so not everything has a timer there, only very specific things do. A spring timer for a chastity belt maybe, but that would be about it for anything other than a slave collar. Just my opinion tho take it as you will.

2 hours ago, naaitsab said:

Full RC8 upload. Will be the last thing I do for a while or even permanently as I'm moving back to Skyrim for the time being. So if anyone wants to take over that would be great.

This requires no other files from previous patches. No NPC support so use at own risk.

-Added tentacle device with custom script

-Added gag graceperiod for npc

-Added mcm button to refresh bound effects

-Added mcm setting for first person hobble slow effect

-Some materials edits to differentiate leather and latex items more

https://mega.nz/file/6bx2jSzA#EZXcVKg04VSvudHURBzRuK_8nA4pidydpfUV9dGIPP8

Should we uninstall RC7 and older stuff first, or just update overtop of it with RC8? Which is better way to do this particular update?

On 11/13/2021 at 3:06 AM, Elsidia said:

@Martok73

Now pipad works fine.

Tried that, and it works for a few items, but not the armbinders, straightjackets, and mittens from what I can tell. It does work for things like the cuffs, wrist irons, shackles. Not sure how to make it work for when wearing armbinders, straightjackets, and mittens... Still gives error about not being able to equip items while hands are sealed and pip-pad is invisible when hitting tab. works for some wrist restraints now, just not all.

29 minutes ago, Martok73 said:

Still gives error about not being able to equip items while hands are sealed and pip-pad is invisible when hitting tab. works for some wrist restraints now, just not all.

That means you added not currently equipped pippad.  Open a pippad when you are without restraints, check what id of pipad is equipped in console (better free your inventory for easy find) and then add this id in fo4 to this list.

38 minutes ago, Martok73 said:

Should we uninstall RC7 and older stuff first, or just update overtop of it with RC8? Which is better way to do this particular update?

No changes are made to quest alias scripts so a overwrite should be fine. But if you are coming from older versions a clean save is mandatory due to the 'database' rewrite.

8 minutes ago, Elsidia said:

That means you added not currently equipped pippad.  Open a pippad when you are without restraints, check what id of pipad is equipped in console (better free your inventory for easy find) and then add this id in fo4 to this list.

I'll check it, but I went thru the mod esp and added the id's I could find that point to the actual in game model. I'll check in game and see if it's different from what I added or not.

3 minutes ago, naaitsab said:

No changes are made to quest alias scripts so a overwrite should be fine. But if you are coming from older versions a clean save is mandatory due to the 'database' rewrite.

I started with DD 2.0 I think, then went to RC3, then to RC7, and I'm on 7 now. I don't think I used a clean save for any of them tho tbh.