I just installed the RC8 and when I go into MCM, the cursor when I select the settings, they don't show up or the selection is not possible.  I re-installed MCM (and RC8) just in case, but was wondering if anyone was seeing glitches in the MCM for Devices .... the 2nd level for the events shows up correctly, it is just the settings one.

7 minutes ago, MrCruelJohn said:

I just installed the RC8 and when I go into MCM, the cursor when I select the settings, they don't show up or the selection is not possible.  I re-installed MCM (and RC8) just in case, but was wondering if anyone was seeing glitches in the MCM for Devices .... the 2nd level for the events shows up correctly, it is just the settings one.

Yeah, there's something off with the settings category. If you select the events then back to settings it will, on occasion, make the options show up.

@naaitsab

1 hour ago, izzyknows said:

Yeah, there's something off with the settings category. If you select the events then back to settings it will, on occasion, make the options show up.

@naaitsab

Thanks!  I thought it was just me.

I also noticed that my bat file, which does a lot of settings of SA SH Violate isn't update the MCM settings either.  Perhaps this MCM issue is messing with some of the foundation?

Thanks again.

John

2 hours ago, izzyknows said:

@naaitsab

Yeah the MCM implementation on FO4 is not as good as in Skyrim :P The update call is not working correctly if the page is open because there is no working refresh option. Known issue, can't fix it.

1 hour ago, MrCruelJohn said:

Thanks!  I thought it was just me.

I also noticed that my bat file, which does a lot of settings of SA SH Violate isn't update the MCM settings either.  Perhaps this MCM issue is messing with some of the foundation?

Thanks again.

John

All calls are registered to the DD menu only. But as said the MCM is not as stable as the SkyUI variant so weirdness is to be expected.

11 minutes ago, naaitsab said:

Yeah the MCM implementation on FO4 is not as good as in Skyrim :P The update call is not working correctly if the page is open because there is no working refresh option. Known issue, can't fix it.

All calls are registered to the DD menu only. But as said the MCM is not as stable as the SkyUI variant so weirdness is to be expected.

Oh, I understand.  Just pointing it out and hopefully I wasn't the only one with a small issue.  It's workable.  And I get further disappointed with "it just works"... lol.

16 hours ago, naaitsab said:

there where 2 functions added

I also happen to have the issue mostly (why mostly - see below) with RC8 MCM config. Maybe the issue appears when the MCM page reaches certain length to require scrolling?

Mostly - because sometimes it required to scroll the MCM page for "Hide Pip-Boy" section to render correctly - even before RC8.

17 hours ago, naaitsab said:

The JSON of the config is correct, there where 2 functions added. If you only use the MCM config from RC3 do the same issues appear? File is in Devious Devices\MCM\Config\DeviousDevices\config.json

hello naaitsab and TY for your answer

RC3 is ok for me all fonctions work !

cordially

Yup, having a similar problem.

Also: I keep getting the "DD AAF api not found message" which I think might be related since I know the API is the way the MCM actually accesses the mod settings. Might just be installed in the wrong place by my mod manager though since I doubt you guys didn't include it.

Also also: the bit gag looks awesome.

Edited for clarity. Installation issues are not the fault of the mod makers.

Edited by Wonko486