I got sick of being told that pleasure was being sent 'trough' my body, so I made some spelling and grammar fixes to the notifications in the RC8 DD_Library script. I have attached the corrected script source, which I hope can be merged in with whatever the next release is, if there is going to be one.

If anyone else wants the fix and doesn't want to wait, I have also attached the compiled fixed script I was able to produce. I don't entirely trust my knowledge of the F4SE papyrus compilation process (shoutout to vaultbait for the galaxy-brain suggestion to use Scripts\Source\User as the compiler working directory) so I'm not sure if anyone else should either, but it seems to be working for me so far.

To use, just overwrite DD_Library.pex with the attached version in the Scripts\DD directory of your DD RC8 install.

DD_Library.psc DD_Library.pex

9 hours ago, edinburg said:

I got sick of being told that pleasure was being sent 'trough' my body, so I made some spelling and grammar fixes to the notifications in the RC8 DD_Library script. I have attached the corrected script source, which I hope can be merged in with whatever the next release is, if there is going to be one.

If anyone else wants the fix and doesn't want to wait, I have also attached the compiled fixed script I was able to produce. I don't entirely trust my knowledge of the F4SE papyrus compilation process (shoutout to vaultbait for the galaxy-brain suggestion to use Scripts\Source\User as the compiler working directory) so I'm not sure if anyone else should either, but it seems to be working for me so far.

To use, just overwrite DD_Library.pex with the attached version in the Scripts\DD directory of your DD RC8 install.

DD_Library.psc 141.01 kB · 2 downloads DD_Library.pex 135.97 kB · 1 download

Yeah proofing and grammar was a bit low on the list. And might have been removed from the list in it's entirety ?

To be sure, here is the compiled script from the CK.

DD_Library.pex

Edited by naaitsab

Completely in LOVE with the new changes made to DD. You all Rock, and Roll. "All Day and Night. Sweet Susie."
Wanted to give back something so I kinda did a thing. Seems to be running smoothly in my heavily scripted game so far.
I've made it so any deviously equipped device can have a chance at being radioactive and leaking rads. I changed 1 value in the property manager in the Library quest. So no edits done to any device. Added to Config, Library and Restraints scripts from RC8 but no changes. Also added new page to MCM for options (it works fine, but its not right) and used new Library file above from edinburg. Nicely done.
I thought I should check if anyone has an objections, or even wants it, before I post it here tho? Compiled, compressed with source files and ready to install beside RC8 its 120kb.

Found a possible issue or user error on my end but when I was trying to remove the chastity belt even with the keys found in the wild wont unlock it now im still trying to complete the quest at the factory as we speak and the key hasnt shown up there either, Im guessing for the key persistence is in order or its well hidden away :)

1 hour ago, Celestria said:

Found a possible issue or user error on my end but when I was trying to remove the chastity belt even with the keys found

What chastity belt? Name? ID?

What key? Name? ID?

Sometimes in DD key unlock failed, coolldown time etc. Wait a necessary time and try again.

5 hours ago, Celestria said:

Found a possible issue or user error on my end but when I was trying to remove the chastity belt even with the keys found in the wild wont unlock it now im still trying to complete the quest at the factory as we speak and the key hasnt shown up there either, Im guessing for the key persistence is in order or its well hidden away :)

Was it applied through the Belted quest from Deviously Cursed Wasteland? If so, there is no key to unlock it, you have to finish the quest.

9 hours ago, Celestria said:

I am on the last stage of the Belted quest trying to find that key in the factory ive cleared it but still no key ill reclear it and recheck all bodies and cubby holes for the key again soon

There is no key. Dr. Jones unlocks the belt for you. The blank keycard John needs is at Red Rocket.

I think I'm done testing/fixing and I don't think I broke anything. Broke my scripts several times but DD didn't even flinch. My head hurts.
This does make DD a little bit weightier. However, running in a game already overloaded with scripts and mods, it had no problems or caused any.
I kinda have a hope that if this works well, maybe it could be added to DD one day? Assuming my scripting isn't complete crap. I don't want to dump more work on what is already a lot, so if it's liked I'll try to drop new patches whenever DD gets updates.
I've put too many details in spoilers below. Read at least the basics.

The Basics if you hate reading/like some surprises:

Spoiler

• 1.1A New version requires no esp file. Does have slower equip fix, but wont do anything unless it needed to.
  • No edits done to any device or quest.
  • Considering to be Stable but use with caution and keep a save
  • I believe only compatible with, and requires, RC8. No additional masters.
  • No new game required, install anytime.
  • Requires esp file to do damage. Load after DD and DCW if you have it. 1.1A requires no esp file.
  • Can be installed with Vortex and ??
  • Settings in MCM under Rads Control page. Including Rads On/Off.
  • Currently Non-Lethal. 90% rads max.
  • Devices rad settings should be permanent and unique per device.
  • No effect on currently equipped. Take it off, put it back on. Shocked if it happens in 1.1A
  • Should apply to all devices inc. Quest and maybe other mod Devices if they use DD.
  • Rads delivery is time based so affected by Timescale, fast travel, sleep, etc.
  • No effect on NPC's but notification about that devices rads.

Details, In Detail with some additional details:

Spoiler

WARNINGS! (why are they never at the start)
Rads are delivered based on the passage of time in game. Anything that changes timescale or advances time will have an effect on this patch.
This is a patch and it is not currently part of DD so if you have this installed and have a problem with a key/device/quest and usual fix doesn't work, I suggest reverting to an earlier save without this and try again. Maybe let me know too. I'll try to fix it if its the rads bit causing it.
I can't find any, but I can not be certain there are no unintentional interactions between original DD, Cursed Wasteland and this patch. Keep any eye out for that.

Basic Install Info

Download Devious Devices Rads Patch 1.1A

Can be installed with Vortex and ??. Make sure you manage these files to be after the devious ones. Or just extract into your data folder and overwrite.

Old version without number, just in case. v1.0 latest with all below. v1.0A contains fix for devices being equipped and showing equipped in inventory, but not locked on. Not caused by this rads patch but V1.0A fixes it. If you don't get this bug then just use V1.0.
Install anytime in a game. Recommend removing all devices before install, will have no effect on them also possible issues. Don't recommend removing Mid-Game.

Basic Use Info
Has no effect on NPC's. You will get a notification if equipped on an npc telling you if/how much its leaking.
Devices wont continue giving off Rads if character is already above 900. 90% Rads. Will again do Rad damage when below 900.
Time is in Game time. Rads are per hour and by default added about every 15 minutes. No effects or stagger, but a notification if turned on.
Sleeping, Fast Travel, waiting, etc. will all add the rads for those hours up to 90%.
It does not currently take into account any rads resistance. Natural or armor.
Currently cannot pick or choose which devices leak. Afraid its an all or nothing scenario.
Once a leaky device is equipped, the only way to stop absorbing rads from it, is to remove the device.
This goes great with cursed wasteland and rad morph redux. RMR can cause stripping if rads get above a custom value.
Keep in mind any mods you have that lock the character in restraints for extended periods of time. For example, the belted quest in DCW at start of game.

In the MCM.

Rads On
Turns On/Off whether a newly equipped device is checked to be leaking. No effect on equipped devices. A leaky device will always leak the same amount. A non-leaky device will never leak.

Rads chance.
Its the chance a device is leaking Rads. Up to 1000. So 100 = 10% chance.

Rads Min and Max.
Min and Max rads the device could be leaking and randomly chosen for each device. Setting to max equals about .01 rads a second. Also a little trap for you if you get them mixed up.

Rads Messages.
Slider with 0, 1, 2, 3.
0 = Turn off all Notifications.
1 = Vague Notifications when equipped only.
2 = Vague Notifications on equip and when damage done.
3 = Specific Notifications with exact rads on equip and damage done.
Vague notifications use 1 of 4 descriptive words based on current RadsMax. 0-25% "funny", 26-50% "tingly", 51-75% "warm", 76-100% "hot".

Rads Timer
Changes how often rads are applied between .05 and 1 game hour. It is not exactly accurate though. Usually slightly less than time chosen by a couple of game minutes. Will not change currently leaking devices until radiation is added. Afterwards device will be on new schedule.

Final Option
Paranoia about a save breaking way too many hours in made me do this, but I will almost be surprised if it ever gets used. While this is on, any device that tries to add rads will instead be "fixed". Any fixed device will no longer try to add rads until removed and re-equipped. Turn this on, wait until your problem device shows a notification and then turn off. Devices will continue to function normally.

Why would devices be radioactive?
Perhaps they belonged to the Children of Atom at some point and/or were near a strong source of radiation.
Maybe the mini cores have become damaged and are leaking just a little bit. I always imagined vibrators and powered sex toys would be nuclear powered with tiny Fusion Cores. Personally I think it would be nuts to stick a nuclear device inside you. In this world however, everything was nuclear powered!
Someone added a powered mod that's broken and now leaking.
Maybe someone had a Glowing One fetish and those restraints locked on you, used to be on it for a while? Would that work IRL? Go find a glowing one and test it.
Rope/Latex etc restraints have picked up some radioactive materials and its rubbing against your skin.

Bugs?
Advancing time makes timers line up. So when you stop/wake-up everything will add rads at same time.

Devices not detected as equipped while in Power Armor and stop leaking rads. - Fixed.

Rads not applied. Problem probably my fault.
No others found...

Conflicts
If a mod makes changes to how Rads work in game it may conflict with this. Adding additional/stronger radiation sources should be fine.
Other than that, should be none.

Some Technical-ish Notes
Cannot get fallout to tell me if device is equipped on player in Power Armor no matter what I tried. Had to remove checks for devices being equipped. Only needed if something removes devices incorrectly. Added Final Option to break any running rads scripts when timer runs. Wont do anything to the device itself, just any rads scripts that fail to be stopped. Hasn't happened at all, but better safe than broken save.
Adding the checks to the correct spot to get it run right was tricky. Seems to work, but I wont be surprised if I have missed something. However, it should be compatible with any future updates and changes without having to alter these additions. Maybe?
I was toying with tying in the Difficulty Modifier to the chance that some are radioactive. Higher difficulty, lower time for lockshield but greater the odds its leaking and/or leaking more. Not sure about that.
Script may need refining a little more yet with possible additions if its working smoothly. If anyone goes poking around and knows better ways I should be doing stuff happy to hear it.
Have not put hidden switchers in MCM. Not sure settings need to be hidden. Cant change what a device is leaking.
Also tried to add variables to scripts in groups that seem correct. I added ";FB - Details.. blah" to my additions to make all easy to find cuz I lose stuff.

Wow.. I wrote a damn novel there. Sorry. Still, if you have a question answer is likely there.

Anyone pickup on a noticeable slowdown as a result of this?

I hope this wasn't a terrible idea and Please Enjoy. ?

Edits/Whats new since you downloaded:

No ESP file needed!

Spoiler

Updated Decimal Limiter. Working well now I think.

Better notifications.
Changed notification in MCM from on/off to slider with 0,1,2,3.
0 = Turn off all Notifications.
1 = Vague Notifications when equipped only.
2 = Vague Notifications on equip and when damage done.
3 = Specific Notifications with exact rads on equip and damage done.
Vague notifications use 1 of 4 descriptive words based on current RadsMax. 0-25% "funny", 26-50% "tingly", 51-75% "warm", 76-100% "hot".

V1.0:

Script changes/tidying.
Added MCM option. Rads Timer. Adjust how often rads are applied to fit timescale/preference.
Found power armor bug! Devices not detected as equipped when in PA and rads stop. Device continues working fine.
Fixed Power Armor bug. Technically no longer checks if device equipped while in PA. Will do after exiting.
Added MCM toggle (because I got paranoid about breaking saves with permanent rads) that when on, stops rads script when it tries to add rads. Any equipped device will need to be removed and put back on before rads will work again. Haven't had any use for it, just in case. Also will not stop a device from continuing to function like normal.
Removed most of the decimal limiter. Should always now be 4 decimals.
Shifting to v1.0 and calling it stable. I'll keep previous version for a bit just in case.
v1.0A:
This one contains a fix I've been using for a bug I occasionally get where a device is equipped, shows equipped in inventory, but is not locked on. If you never get this bug, you don't need this one.
Disabled while player is in Power Armor.
Cause: Computer too slow for how big I made my fallout. ?Longer play time, more likely. Fallout too busy loading/scripts, when device equipped takes too long and misses custom event.
Fix: Added loop that delays custom event for up to 6 seconds, or breaks when device detected as equipped. Should not delay device without cause.
Why is it separate? Not my first attempt to fix, but first with no bugs that jump out at me. However, 6 seconds is a long time and I cannot test every possible interaction so... separate.
Other possible ways to fix it: Put fallout on a SSD. Reduce the amount of hi-res textures and/or maybe scripted mods. Give fallout a chance to load more before doing things. Reduce texture size on your body to reduce load when clothes removed. Anything else that makes fallout faster for you.

1.1A

No longer requires an esp file to do damage! Contains slower equip fix but it wont do anything unless it needed to.

Only file you need.. plus I think I broke the 1.0 versions folder structure stupidly.

Just the 3 scrips and MCM for controls now. No changes to anything else.

Afraid I am not able to update or make any changes to this anymore. If anyone wants to take over, edit/re-post it please feel free.

Also yes you can message me if you have any questions. I'll try to reply as soon as I can.

Devious Devices Rads Patch 1.1A.zip

Edited by feralbyte
Exciting New File. No more updates from me.. sorry.

Big thank you to all involved in pumping new life into this awesome mod! This gives me a reason to hobble on. Ha.

Quick question: How (or what mods do I need) to make "collar struggle" event or "trip" event happen. I've only been using these updates a few days, so maybe I just have not put on the right DD.

Possible bug I found (may already be resolved) was my inflatable butt plug would not actually deflate so I could remove it. Tried the valve, workbench remover mod, SH willpower. Finally just reloaded a save and didn't inflate again. Also I believe I read earlier someone mentioned a body morph for this DD. That would be great too.

Again Thank you for all your hard work on this update, you guys are the best!

BTW: I love the new moans and new orgasm animations. Just awesome.

33 minutes ago, bwagdog669680 said:

Big thank you to all involved in pumping new life into this awesome mod! This gives me a reason to hobble on. Ha.

Quick question: How (or what mods do I need) to make "collar struggle" event or "trip" event happen. I've only been using these updates a few days, so maybe I just have not put on the right DD.

Possible bug I found (may already be resolved) was my inflatable butt plug would not actually deflate so I could remove it. Tried the valve, workbench remover mod, SH willpower. Finally just reloaded a save and didn't inflate again. Also I believe I read earlier someone mentioned a body morph for this DD. That would be great too.

Again Thank you for all your hard work on this update, you guys are the best!

BTW: I love the new moans and new orgasm animations. Just awesome.

Both effects run in a random timer. So if you wear a matching item it can just start.

The plug thing is a bit finnicky, it runs on actorvalues but for some reason sometimes they do not change. A possible solution would be to convert them to global variable as they only work on the player as NPC support is visual only at it's current state.

On 11/30/2021 at 12:33 PM, naaitsab said:

Both effects run in a random timer. So if you wear a matching item it can just start.

The plug thing is a bit finnicky, it runs on actorvalues but for some reason sometimes they do not change. A possible solution would be to convert them to global variable as they only work on the player as NPC support is visual only at it's current state.

Okay, trip event happened as soon as I got slave ring heels. So I guess I just need the right DD for the events. Handcuff struggle works, plug/vibrator sounds and animations work (Thanks again for the new animations), trip works (and is hilarious! Love it.). I haven't triggered armbinder or collar yet.

Oh yeah, I did have an instance where I was playing with the hobble dress and the hobble speed. 1st person, 3rd person, pulled gun, etc. After I took it off, (no DD equipped) my speed was still slow. Like I was still hobbled. I think the pulling my gun out messed something up.

I'll keep ya posted if any bugs or other issues pop up.

Thanks

Quick update: Chain bell Vaginal plug: sounds work, Butt plug: no sounds. (I'm using Fusion Girl BTW)

Also, I'm a little slow, I just found the strange body in the road between Sanctuary and Red Rocket. Wait, I think that's from Deviously cursed wasteland. NVM.

Can I disable mods like DD face morphs and blind fold effect remover? They seem to be covered by these updates. Or does it just get overwritten? Trying to keep my load order as clean as possible.

Thanks

53 minutes ago, bwagdog669680 said:

Can I disable mods like DD face morphs and blind fold effect remover? They seem to be covered by these updates. Or does it just get overwritten? Trying to keep my load order as clean as possible.

Yes, they're redundant.

On 12/2/2021 at 6:09 AM, izzyknows said:

Yes, they're redundant.

Thanks izzy. I've removed them and face morphs still work. I just hate mod conflicts, takes a lot of time to find the problem.

I added the high heels system yesterday, ran the slave heels through body slide and outfit studio. They work fine. Only issue I've found is that reloading a save while I'm in game tends to crash back to the desktop. I say tends, it only happened twice.

Bear with me, I'm a bit slow, it seems that if you want the "trip event" to happen you have to be at a certain level of being restrained. Example, leg cuffs + slave heels = trip event can happen. Hobble dress alone = same. Restrictive boots + leg cuffs = same. Is this correct? (just want to make sure I understand)

Last comment: jumping while in "Hobbled" state seems to work as if not hobbled. Although you do that T-pose thing in the air. You move at jogging speed in the air and resume bunny hop/hobble movement when you land.

Last last comment: I'm about to start my game over to try more testing. Good day to all!

1 hour ago, deathmorph said:

I am using vortex. Where do you have to add the file there? Named folder is empty.

I use vortex also. The path I used was > Cdrive > Program files (x86) > steam > steamapps >common > Fallout 4 > Data > MCM > Config > DeviousDevices. Then just drag and drop the config.json file and replace the older one.

Hope that helps.

Deathmorph, sorry I meant to say also that you pull the config.json file from your downloads folder. The config.json file doesn't get dropped into the drop box on the mod page in Vortex.

There also should be the full RC8 download that you CAN drag and drop in the drop box in Vortex.

I may be wrong, but I think that is how I did it. 

19 hours ago, Oldwolf58 said:

Are all these changes/fixes/correction incorporated into the RC8 download now or do they have to be downloaded from here and added to the install of RC8?

I'm still testing, but what I did was downloaded RC3, RC7, then RC8 (+ the config.json file, which I manually put in the folder see above). As I understand it, you will no longer need the DD mod itself, plus a lot of the patches are included. Face Morphs for the gags, the bunny hop & blindfold effect remover mods are all included and you can set them in the MCM. The RC3 and RC7 might not even be needed. But I had them and it runs pretty good. I've found a couple issues, but no deal-breakers yet.

Also I am NOT an expert by any stretch. But you're in the right place for help. There are bunch of people here who I'd take their word/advise on fixes. Izzyknows, Naaitsab just to name a couple.

Different topic: I found that the new RC updates will mess with the "Belted" quest from deviously cursed wasteland. After getting outta the cryopod I didn't have the wrist cuffs. The quest wouldn't recognise that I picked up the first hairpin and John in the Dugout Inn wouldn't talk to me. I saw in an earlier post that you can console command John to talk to you. I disabled the RC updates before I got into the cryopod, then enabled them after I got outta the vault. That seems to work, and makes it easier to kill the radroaches without getting hurt, and triggering the combat surrender when you get the hobble dress off. 

I know you can get through this stuff multiple ways, so I'm just sharing the one I used.

26 minutes ago, bwagdog669680 said:

I'm still testing, but what I did was downloaded RC3, RC7, then RC8 (+ the config.json file, which I manually put in the folder see above). As I understand it, you will no longer need the DD mod itself, plus a lot of the patches are included. Face Morphs for the gags, the bunny hop & blindfold effect remover mods are all included and you can set them in the MCM. The RC3 and RC7 might not even be needed. But I had them and it runs pretty good. I've found a couple issues, but no deal-breakers yet.

RC8 is a complete archive, so you don't need RC3 and RC7 any longer.