5 hours ago, vaultbait said:

The restrictive boots include a replacement base body (by necessity as they use the body slot), though I'm not sure why they're adding hand meshes. The gloves already provide a replacement hand mesh, but it's possible there are two fighting with each other.

I'll see if they might benefit from a pass with the deform brush in Outfit Studio. Since they're not a full outfit, I can't take advantage of a body zap to hide the arms. Unfortunately, the arm position is applied in-game so it's hard to see clipping for them in the editor.

That's just how DD has always been as long as I've known it. The restrictive corsets include the restrictive boots as part of the outfit. A new version of those could probably be added excluding the boots, similar to the straitjackets with and without boots.

Note that it's really wdaigle's conversion, I merely updated it to work with FG 1.75 or later and made a few minor fixes.

That's what I thought about the boots as well, that for some reason they had a hand mesh or another body mesh or something.

As for the corset, there is a .nif file for both the latex and the leather corset already in the DD download that doesn't have the boots attached, only nothing in the esm or esp points to use it in game. So that asset and conversion files are there to be used, just have to have a spot in the esm point to them to show up in game.

RestrictiveCorsetLeather.png.27dad693125d98adde54694cc4766026.png

Whatever you did to the conversions was definitely an improvement over the original conversions, cause they look better than the first set of screenshots I uploaded. So you should get some credit at least. :)

On 8/12/2020 at 8:16 AM, izzyknows said:

Remove the gag dialogue with xEdit. It is really forking annoying!

hi, izzyknows i wonder if you could give me some directions i am a noob in messing with stuff like this. Ive got so far to download xEdit and got it working but i have absolute no idea what and where i can find that dialogue and how i delete it (without messing up the whole mod). 

51 minutes ago, Martok73 said:

Whatever you did to the conversions was definitely an improvement over the original conversions, cause they look better than the first set of screenshots I uploaded. So you should get some credit at least.

Well, you're still comparing different from-scratch conversions: bocefus's FG conversion vs my updates to wdaigle's FG+HHS conversion.

5 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Well, you're still comparing different from-scratch conversions: bocefus's FG conversion vs my updates to wdaigle's FG+HHS conversion.

Well, your updates still helped. :) Anyway, since the assets are there for the no boot version of the restrictive corset, it shouldn't be too hard to add references to them in the esm in order to have them used in game, or at least I don't think it should be too hard. The nif files for both the latex version and the leather version along with the bodyslide files are in not only the original 2.0 zip file, but I found them in the rc3 update as well, so y'all should be able to add them fairly easily, or at least that's the theory anyway.

17 hours ago, vaultbait said:

The restrictive boots include a replacement base body (by necessity as they use the body slot), though I'm not sure why they're adding hand meshes

Those not. But all DD items have first person look as two hands no matter what type of DD item is. And in pipboy uses first person look. I you haven't this, in first person you have spooky body deformations as was in boots when this first person nif wasn't included.

21 hours ago, Elsidia said:

Those not. But all DD items have first person look as two hands no matter what type of DD item is. And in pipboy uses first person look. I you haven't this, in first person you have spooky body deformations as was in boots when this first person nif wasn't included.

Those boots are the only thing that looks like that in 1st person, everything else is perfectly fine, so has to be something wrong with them specifically imho.

New problem, so how do I access the inventory of a slave or other npc to remove a gag when it keeps saying they can't talk with  a gag and it won't allow me to open their inventory at all? Can't remove the gag if I can't open the inventory, and can't open the inventory if I can't access the dialog menu.... So how do I get around this and take the gag off?

1 hour ago, Martok73 said:

So how do I get around this and take the gag off?

Only by using console. Open it and:

ff0084953.openActorContainer 1

The above command opens an interface that allows you to modify the inventory of the NPC with reference id ff0084953.

NPC reference can got by click in console with left mouse button on it.

If it on console upper corner shows 000000...14 - then you accidentally select player - player id is 14

And then command are openActorContainer 1

See screenshot:

Spoiler

ScreenShot28.jpg.0cd74c0eff2437d490d080304c5a1d5e.jpg

2 hours ago, Elsidia said:

Only by using console. Open it and:

ff0084953.openActorContainer 1

The above command opens an interface that allows you to modify the inventory of the NPC with reference id ff0084953.

NPC reference can got by click in console with left mouse button on it.

If it on console upper corner shows 000000...14 - then you accidentally select player - player id is 14

And then command are openActorContainer 1

See screenshot:

Reveal hidden contents

ScreenShot28.jpg.0cd74c0eff2437d490d080304c5a1d5e.jpg

1 hour ago, izzyknows said:

And grab Better Console to make your life easier.

Really??? Only way to take a gag off an npc is with the console, ugh, that sucks, guess I won't be using gags anymore.... crap.

13 minutes ago, Martok73 said:

Really??? Only way to take a gag off an npc is with the console

This is DD bug. For me i add the same gag dialogue as player. When first time you speak with gagged NPC - it say mpfpf! Then you have 30 sec. time to speak again and open a inventory or other dialogue successfully.

4 minutes ago, Elsidia said:

This is DD bug. For me i add the same gag dialogue as player. When first time you speak with gagged NPC - it say mpfpf! Then you have 30 sec. time to speak again and open a inventory or other dialogue successfully.

Ahh, ok, I was hoping it was a bug of some kind, I'll have to try it again, when I tried it I got the subtitle text saying they were gagged and would not be able to speak until the gag was removed, but gave no option to open their inventory to remove the gag. I'll try hitting E a couple times in quick succession with one and see if that lets me open the inventory or at least gives me the dialog option for inventory.

50 minutes ago, Martok73 said:

Ahh, ok, I was hoping it was a bug

Of course this is bug because original DD doesn't have success gagged dialog for NPC. You can hit e 1000 times with no success. For that need rewrite DD dialogue to fix it. At this moment without it only console works. This dialog is added only for player.

4 hours ago, Martok73 said:

Really??? Only way to take a gag off an npc is with the console, ugh, that sucks, guess I won't be using gags anymore.... crap.

This is one of many reasons why it's generally recommended not to put DDs on NPCs. You can, but be prepared for instability, bugs, and incomplete features if you choose to.

27 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

This is one of many reasons why it's generally recommended not to put DDs on NPCs. You can, but be prepared for instability, bugs, and incomplete features if you choose to.

Yeah, perhaps it's a good idea to show a popup one time to discourage usage on NPC's ? It's kinda broken and don't think anybody can fix it properly without rewriting the entire back-end. 

15 minutes ago, naaitsab said:

Yeah, perhaps it's a good idea to show a popup one time to discourage usage on NPC's ? It's kinda broken and don't think anybody can fix it properly without rewriting the entire back-end. 

Is it possible to simply disable the gag talk mechanic for NPCs? Personally I only use DD on NPCs for the cosmetics.

4 hours ago, AWHA2 said:

Is it possible to simply disable the gag talk mechanic for NPCs? Personally I only use DD on NPCs for the cosmetics.

Open Devious Devices.esm in FO4Edit

Open the Quest tab and DD_Library then "remove" all the stuff that is gag related. The highlighted stuff.

But... if you put a gag on an NPC, make sure you never plan on removing it.

Spoiler

2013894537_DesktopScreenshot2021_11.12-14_22_00_16.png.c6d23144f26c271769388207bd86f4ff.png

12 minutes ago, izzyknows said:

Open Devious Devices.esm in FO4Edit

Open the Quest tab and DD_Library then "remove" all the stuff that is gag related. The highlighted stuff.

But... if you put a gag on an NPC, make sure you never plan on removing it.

Reveal hidden contents

2013894537_DesktopScreenshot2021_11.12-14_22_00_16.png.c6d23144f26c271769388207bd86f4ff.png

Why is that? I thought the quest blocking access to inventory is the problem. Is there something else preventing removal?

1 hour ago, AWHA2 said:

Why is that? I thought the quest blocking access to inventory is the problem. Is there something else preventing removal?

DD was never intended to be used on NPC's. You will encounter bugs and issues. Sooo.. just expect shit to go south. ;)

17 minutes ago, izzyknows said:

DD was never intended to be used on NPC's. You will encounter bugs and issues. Sooo.. just expect shit to go south. ;)

That's unfortunate. I only intended to use it on NPCs so now I'm not sure if I want to install it at all.

So... it's awesome that the escape difficulty features were fixed and extended in the recent RCs (thanks for the hard work on that!), but... they seem to be far too difficult.

I have the difficulty modifier at 0 which is supposed to reduce difficulty by 75%, but nearly every device I happen across has a master level lock, so until a little while ago when I finally achieved master rank in the locksmith perk, I could never actually pick the locks on just about any of them. Now that I can attempt to pick their locks, with the lock-picking mini-game feature enabled, I get one bobby pin's try but it seems to want me to pick multiple locks?

I've got a yoke equipped, and the few times I was able to pick it with a single bobby pin it immediately presented me with a new lock to pick. Once I managed to pick both of those without breaking my one bobby pin and it gave me a third lock. Failing of course means the new timer feature kicks in and I can't try again for some random but not tiny number of game hours, which also don't decrease when sleeping or waiting. I've also been completely unable to struggle out of anything.

The end result is that on the very easiest difficulty, I pretty much just give up and use some alternative means of removing devices instead, which makes all the fancy escape logic pointless. It seems like there's either something wrong with the difficulty calculations and the lock-picking mini-game in my particular setup, or it's simply tuned to be far too hard. In DD 2.0, where the difficulty was broken, I was able to struggle out of a lot of things after a few tries, and could manage to pick locks on them without too much trouble as long as I didn't mind burning through bobby pins, and could also retry pretty much immediately after failing (one game hour delay between tries, I think it was?). It would be great if the lowest difficulty level in the new DD was basically equivalently easy as DD 2.0.

Is anyone else experiencing this degree of challenge with escaping from devices in the RCs, or is it just me?

Is anyone using RC7 with PipPad?  For the old version of DD I had to add the PipBoy keyword to the PipPad to get it to work. Using the PipPad with RC7 caused an endless cycle of equip/unequip.

is it:

• The keywords I added or
  • Should I set PipPad to a different body slot or
  • Something else?

Also. I merged the zips RC3-7 only. Are there other zips that need to be  added? 

Edited by jbezorg
22 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

So... it's awesome that the escape difficulty features were fixed and extended in the recent RCs (thanks for the hard work on that!), but... they seem to be far too difficult.

I have the difficulty modifier at 0 which is supposed to reduce difficulty by 75%, but nearly every device I happen across has a master level lock, so until a little while ago when I finally achieved master rank in the locksmith perk, I could never actually pick the locks on just about any of them. Now that I can attempt to pick their locks, with the lock-picking mini-game feature enabled, I get one bobby pin's try but it seems to want me to pick multiple locks?

I've got a yoke equipped, and the few times I was able to pick it with a single bobby pin it immediately presented me with a new lock to pick. Once I managed to pick both of those without breaking my one bobby pin and it gave me a third lock. Failing of course means the new timer feature kicks in and I can't try again for some random but not tiny number of game hours, which also don't decrease when sleeping or waiting. I've also been completely unable to struggle out of anything.

The end result is that on the very easiest difficulty, I pretty much just give up and use some alternative means of removing devices instead, which makes all the fancy escape logic pointless. It seems like there's either something wrong with the difficulty calculations and the lock-picking mini-game in my particular setup, or it's simply tuned to be far too hard. In DD 2.0, where the difficulty was broken, I was able to struggle out of a lot of things after a few tries, and could manage to pick locks on them without too much trouble as long as I didn't mind burning through bobby pins, and could also retry pretty much immediately after failing (one game hour delay between tries, I think it was?). It would be great if the lowest difficulty level in the new DD was basically equivalently easy as DD 2.0.

Is anyone else experiencing this degree of challenge with escaping from devices in the RCs, or is it just me?

Yep, it's not just you, even with the slider at 0 I still get 4 lockpicking mini-games to go thru before unlocking anything, everything is master level and if it wasn't for the lockpick bar mod I have I'd fail every time.  I have also been saved many times by the mod DD Unlock Bench as well, especially when having no lockpicks and no keys and overweight where I can't fast travel.

I would also happen to agree with some of the above posts as well, that the usage on npcs not being intended is sad and very disappointing. It is unfortunate that this version of DD does not work the same way it does on Skyrim, and yes I know two different games, but still, DD works flawlessly there and can be used on NPCs with no issues and no gag talk blocking dialog either. Even tho it's two different games perhaps someone can take a look at how gag talk is handled there and maybe possibly do the same thing here? IDK, it would be really nice if DD for npcs worked the same way here that it does over there. I don't know if it's possible or not but looking at how gag dialog on npcs and the player is handled and also how inventory is handled while wrists are restrained may lead to a breakthru here to improve on how things/events are handled by this version. Even tho they are two separate games the engine is very very similar as alot of things work almost identical. So I'm hoping that someone here that knows more about scripting and coding then I do can look at the innards of DD and DCL over on Skyrim and then look at the innards for DD here and see if anything at all can be done to possible incorporate the dialog functionality from there, over here.... I know from my experience in past jobs we've often looked at the code of other programs to get ideas and insight on how to improve or add new functionality to our own programs and code. (used to be a programmer years ago). Anyway I hope this will inspire someone to take a look and see what's possible because the mod is good now, but I believe it has potential to be so much more. Keep up the good work y'all.

5 minutes ago, jbezorg said:

Is anyone using RC7 with PipPad?  For the old version of DD I had to add the PipBoy keyword to the PipPad to get it to work. Using the PipPad with RC7 caused an endless cycle of equip/unequip.

is it:

• The keywords I added or
  • Should I set PipPad to a different body slot or
  • Something else?

Also. I merged the zips RC3-7 only. Are there other zips that need to be  added? 

I use RC7 with the pippad with no issue except for hen wrists are restrained it won't open, which makes getting out of bonds a pain in the ass and making the only way to remove without console is to open another container and use that to unlock/pick player restraints.

Yep, it's not just you, even with the slider at 0 I still get 4 lockpicking mini-games to go thru before unlocking anything, everything is master level and if it wasn't for the lockpick bar mod I have I'd fail every time.

Thanks for confirming.

I have also been saved many times by the mod DD Unlock Bench as well, especially when having no lockpicks and no keys and overweight where I can't fast travel.

Yeah, I use that too, though sometimes I've got enough willpower to use the willpower unlock feature in Sex Attributes, or will get lucky with a Harassment devious or flirt encounter removing them.

I would also happen to agree with some of the above posts as well, that the usage on npcs not being intended is sad and very disappointing. It is unfortunate that this version of DD does not work the same way it does on Skyrim, and yes I know two different games, but still, DD works flawlessly there and can be used on NPCs with no issues and no gag talk blocking dialog either. Even tho it's two different games perhaps someone can take a look at how gag talk is handled there and maybe possibly do the same thing here? IDK, it would be really nice if DD for npcs worked the same way here that it does over there. I don't know if it's possible or not but looking at how gag dialog on npcs and the player is handled and also how inventory is handled while wrists are restrained may lead to a breakthru here to improve on how things/events are handled by this version. Even tho they are two separate games the engine is very very similar as alot of things work almost identical. So I'm hoping that someone here that knows more about scripting and coding then I do can look at the innards of DD and DCL over on Skyrim and then look at the innards for DD here and see if anything at all can be done to possible incorporate the dialog functionality from there, over here.... I know from my experience in past jobs we've often looked at the code of other programs to get ideas and insight on how to improve or add new functionality to our own programs and code. (used to be a programmer years ago). Anyway I hope this will inspire someone to take a look and see what's possible because the mod is good now, but I believe it has potential to be so much more. Keep up the good work y'all.

Just to be clear, you're aware that both the Skyrim and Fallout 4 versions of DD were created by the same author, right? A lot of the shortcomings in this port of it are due to limitations in FO4 itself.