4 hours ago, Redswift said:

SMP has actually been unofficially updated by Andreis. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post it here, but you can find it in either Doc & Jeir's discord server, or in the Nordic (or Yashed) Guide's discord server.

Hol'up - you're saying an "Andreis" released a fresh version of SMP to accommodate the recent Skyrim version number patch? Does this mean SMP's source code is out in the wild, or at least in the hands of someone other than Hydrogen? I've been waiting for that news for years, and we're way past the six months the code cleanup was supposed to take...

Can you/anyone please provide more details, or at least craft some invites to these Google-resistant Discord channels? Many thanks for keeping us looped in! 

10 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

Pls see my post directly above this one to understand why Tasairis poked fun at your nomenclature. :classic_tongue::classic_biggrin::classic_laugh:

Oh, right. I assumed the pack I downloaded included PE as well but as you said HDT-PE wasn't ported to SSE.

I remember installing a clothing mod that required SMP and PE to be installed at the same time, but looking back I think it was just for LE.

9 hours ago, Redswift said:

SMP has actually been unofficially updated by Andreis. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post it here, but you can find it in either Doc & Jeir's discord server, or in the Nordic (or Yashed) Guide's discord server.

Do you have links to those discord servers?

10 hours ago, degenernate said:

Hol'up - you're saying an "Andreis" released a fresh version of SMP to accommodate the recent Skyrim version number patch? Does this mean SMP's source code is out in the wild, or at least in the hands of someone other than Hydrogen? I've been waiting for that news for years, and we're way past the six months the code cleanup was supposed to take...

Can you/anyone please provide more details, or at least craft some invites to these Google-resistant Discord channels? Many thanks for keeping us looped in! 

6 hours ago, axz2 said:

Do you have links to those discord servers?

Here's where you can find a download (Look under the #Files section) https://discordapp.com/invite/fuhsnph

As to how or why Andreis had access to SMP's source code, I have no idea. He originally posted the update in Doc & Jeir's server, which is currently restricted, so if you want to to get in contact with him there, you'd have to ask docteur87 for an invite.

I find it hard to believe that:

A: there is an open source of SMP available, please do supply a source so we can all benefit.

B: Andreis is capable of making a new version of it. (he asks me for advice on bone rigging for SMP outfits so it's highly unlikely he can do this)

21 minutes ago, Yinkle said:

A: there is an open source of SMP available, please do supply a source so we can all benefit.

B: Andries is capable of making a new version of it. (he asks me for advice on bone rigging for SMP outfits so it's highly unlikely he can do this)

A: I've already provided a source.

B: Bone rigging an SMP outfit and recompiling a DLL are two entirely different things. Being able to do one has completely ZERO relevance on being able to do the other.

image.png.8f9966018c8f8f6deed5c29e2bffc425.png

1 minute ago, Redswift said:

A: I've already provided a source.

B: Bone rigging an SMP outfit and recompiling a DLL are two entirely different things. Being able to do one has completely ZERO relevance on being able to do the other.

A: Am I missing something here? You provided a link to SMP source code?

B: Yup indeedy but the latter would likely negate the former.

11 minutes ago, Yinkle said:

A: Am I missing something here? You provided a link to SMP source code?

B: Yup indeedy but the latter would likely negate the former.

A: How can I provide a link to something I don't have? I never said SMP went open-source. What I said is Andreis somehow got access to it. Again, no idea how or why, but the fact of the matter is, he did provide an update which works with the latest SKSE version.

B: No... Just no. I don't have the faintest idea about SMP but there's a good chance I'd be able to do the update myself as long as I had the source code, since from my understanding, it's just a matter of changing a SKSE version check. You know what, scratch that, I don't want to sound conceited, having no idea what smp's source code looks like, but the argument still stands.

1 hour ago, Yinkle said:

B: Andreis is capable of making a new version of it. (he asks me for advice on bone rigging for SMP outfits so it's highly unlikely he can do this)

I think what Andreis did was change the SKSE version check in HEX inside of the last SMP. Apparently the new Skyrim exe hasn't changed much if at all. Don't quote me lol

10 minutes ago, Vortec said:

I think what Andreis did was change the SKSE version check in HEX inside of the last SMP. Apparently the new Skyrim exe hasn't changed much if at all. Don't quote me lol

ahh that would make sense! Sorry all I didn't want to make a fuss, it just all seemed a bit unclear is all...

3 hours ago, Redswift said:

Here's where you can find a download (Look under the #Files section) https://discordapp.com/invite/fuhsnph

As to how or why Andreis had access to SMP's source code, I have no idea. He originally posted the update in Doc & Jeir's server, which is currently restricted, so if you want to to get in contact with him there, you'd have to ask docteur87 for an invite.

Really thanks! tested and worked without Issues, do you know by the way, if him in any case did the HHeel? if not no problem tho, the game works anyways haha, no crashes

I considered it implausible that anyone (outside of the SKSE team) would have the hyper-specific, high-level skillset necessary to pull off an SMP hex edit, so much so that I wrote it off as a means of getting my coveted VR SMP DLL. However, I never considered it impossible. If some random modder did it (and thanks for verifying, @panchovix), suddenly SMP's source code may no longer be strictly necessary to my ends. Nevertheless, the release of this file in advance of the official DLL is further evidence that SMP's source code is crying out for public release, and I urge anyone in contact with Hydrogen to bring up this point.

Thanks again for the heads-up, @Redswift! This is huge news regardless of what's actually going on. I will attempt to get to the bottom of this today, and report back.

P.S.: @Vyxenne, I got straight in, but I was also logged in and do most of my Discording through the browser. Sounds like a networking fluke. If you have further difficulty I'm sure any number of us would be happy to sort you out.

5 hours ago, panchovix said:

Really thanks! tested and worked without Issues, do you know by the way, if him in any case did the HHeel? if not no problem tho, the game works anyways haha, no crashes

You're welcome. Unfortunately, I don't think he has updated HHeels, no.

3 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

Link is broken- "Error 1105 discordapp.com site is on a Cloudflare network" or some similar verbiage. Maybe you need to already be invited to that Discord server before that link will work?

That link was a public invite provided in the Yashed Guide's nexus posts section, so I don't think that's the case, no. If you use the discord app, you could pressing the "Add a Server" button under your list of joined servers, and pasting the link there. Either way, I'll upload the update here as Andreis has given me permission.

HDT SMP 1.5.80.7z

8 hours ago, Redswift said:

It will be likely restricted forever due to reasons, so if anyone is interested to join, just PM me. Thanks.

10 minutes ago, Redswift said:
5 hours ago, panchovix said:

You're welcome. Unfortunately, I don't think he has updated HHeels, no.

I've been using the same HDT-HH file through 3 SKSE64 versions. Not sure if it's necessary to update it. Also not sure that it's not. :classic_wacko:

TL; DR: Not sure... :classic_tongue:

13 minutes ago, Vyxenne said:

I've been using the same HDT-HH file through 3 SKSE64 versions. Not sure if it's necessary to update it. Also not sure that it's not. :classic_wacko:

If I remember correctly, HHeels was actually being updated alongside the SMP DLLs by Hydrogen. I'm not sure either though...

1 hour ago, Vyxenne said:

It says mostly at the start of playing that the .dll could not be found or loaded, but the game not crashes when you see a HH armor for example lol, it doesn't work as expected tho, but it isn't crucial either ? 

2 hours ago, srea said:

There were no changes to the exe's data segments (where code lives) so the dll doesn't need an actual update.

Ah, no wonder SKSE updated so quickly.

This would mean other plugins could be as easily edited to work...

Just confirmed that Andreis used a hex editor to give us that updated SMP file. He is also a VR player and says (short of getting source code) "the only solution will be CBP." I infer this means actual changes to the game's .exe would make what he did here impossible. Drat!

I understand the struggle of losing interest in a once-beloved project, and I don't wish to rush Hydrogen if the SMP code cleanup is proceeding toward a conclusion any time this year. What worries me is (according to Hydrogen's own assessment) we were supposed to have the cleaned-up code in our hands by March, and now other modders are releasing DLL updates before Hydrogen can. Have official DLLs for the current Skyrim version even been released yet? This is not a great look for the author of a core-dependency mod.

At this point, it would not be terribly difficult to locate a more enthusiastic steward to carry Hydrogen's incredible work into the future. Uncommented jumbles of code would eventually be teased apart given a wide release, and no one would think less of Hydrogen for not fixing every dirty hack Bullet demanded. Experts would emerge, new features would be added, and while all this would be considerably less painful with Hydrogen around to answer the thorniest questions, it could continue with zero further contact.

We are, of course, entitled to nothing. Given what a tragedy it would be to lose SMP, it does not seem unreasonable to again ask:

Is there any news or a new timeline for the SMP source code release?

On 6/19/2019 at 2:20 AM, Vyxenne said:

There's a lot of "loose terminology" and misinformation here lately, a lot more than usual. I don't know much, but I do know some things:

• No physics engine in SSE has the initials "PE" anywhere in its name. It means "Physics Extensions" and is commonly used only as part of Oldrim's primary physics engine, Havok-based HDT-PE, which is completely incompatible (due to the xml's) with SMP. So the acronym "SMP-PE" is pretty much nonsensical gobbledygook even though you could make the argument that the PE refers to generic physics extensions as opposed to HDT-Physics Extensions. HDT-PE extends the Havok physics engine, which now belongs to Microsoft and so we are not allowed to use it any more because Microsoft. :classic_angry: SMP relies on Bullet physics.
  • Oldrim HDT-PE mods will (generally) work OK in SSE but the xml's have to be rewritten from scratch. This is a rare skill, which is why you do not see many Oldrim HDT-PE mods converted to SSE, or many new or repaired wig mods being produced. :classic_ohmy:
  • Any HDT-PE or SMP mesh from Oldrim will probably work fine right out of the box. It is best practice to convert them to SSE specs with Nif Optimizer as Kokan suggested.
  • Any SMP mod from Oldrim will probably work fine right out of the box- the Oldrim SMP xml's should work fine in SSE. The trouble is that SMP only became "a thing" in Oldrim not long before SSE launched for free and droves of players abandoned Oldrim for SSE. This is why there are so few SMP mods in Oldrim.
  • @Shizof, the author of the alternative CBPC Body Physics/Collision engine, which inflicts a much less burdensome fps penalty on our computers than HDT-SMP does, has said that he hopes to make CBPC work with cloth physics (equippable items like wigs, capes, earrings, gowns, skirts, etc.) as well as body physics. Further, he hinted that his goal was for CBPC cloth physics to work with SMP and Oldrim HDT-PE mods with no modification whatsoever of their xml's! If he succeeds, a new day will dawn in SSE. :classic_biggrin:

So you are saying, that if the day will come that Zarantha and me got the heretic stuff from DD finally working correctly in SE the whole work was for nothing? Iwill have to thank Shizof.... and then kill him. 

6 minutes ago, Pfiffy said:

So you are saying, that if the day will come that Zarantha and me got the heretic stuff from DD finally working correctly in SE the whole work was for nothing? I will have to thank Shizof.... and then kill him. 

may i suggest roasting over a coal fire to extend the torture element to days instead of a swift clean kill?

2 hours ago, jaeos said:

may i suggest roasting over a coal fire to extend the torture element to days instead of a swift clean kill?

No... Pain is not what he deseves... Well, if he gets it to work compatible with the old XML's, it would make things much easier.