8 hours ago, degenernate said:

This is not a great look for the author of a core-dependency mod.

A great look would be using a finalized platform for any dependency changes/ fixes or refactoring and then publishing that with any other engineered code instead of fighting with bethesda every three months because why not and then complaining about how having to fight with bethesda every three months makes you have "no energy"

tenor.gif?itemid=9901919

Somehow.... I've broken my SMP.  For a while I had everything working but now ... boom... can't get it working again.    Updating this post because I've fixed it !  Here's how I did it:  (I can expand the details if anyone else is having problems in this area or if you have a better solution, please let me know)

1. Got rid of NMM and switched to Mod Organizer 2.2  (NMM was causing my game to fail to load and I couldn't work out why so was having to rebuild from scratch over and over)
  2. Used a stored copy of a completely fresh game downloaded from Steam
  3. Replaced the Skyrim.exe with an older one and corresponding SKSE so I'm on Skyrim 1.5.62.08 and SKSE 2.0.12
  4. Installed HDT-SMP using this guide:  HDT-SMP Short Tutorial
  5. Installed some SMP clothes and AddMenuItem to test in game (all good)
  6. Installed SexLab - animations worked but not collisions...more work to do
  7. Installed CBPC - caused SMP clothes and hair to "drop through the floor"
  8. Went into Mod Organiser files and directly edited the file mods\hdtSSEPhysics\SKSE\Plugins\hdtSkinnedMeshConfigs\defaultBBPs.xml to rem out the xml - so it reads like this  now: 

Spoiler

<default-bbps>
    <!--    <map shape="CBBE" file="SKSE\Plugins\hdtSkinnedMeshConfigs\cbbe-tbbp.xml"/>
      <map shape="DG Body" file="SKSE\Plugins\hdtSkinnedMeshConfigs\dg-tbbp.xml"/>  -->
      <!--<map shape="Feet" file="SKSE\Plugins\hdtSkinnedMeshConfigs\cbbe-feet.xml"/>-->
        <!--<map shape="CalienteHandFemale1st" file="SKSE\Plugins\hdtSkinnedMeshConfigs\HandsCollide.xml"/>-->
    </default-bbps>

10. Again, working directly inside Mod Organiser files...went into mods\CBPC - CBP Physics with Collisions\SKSE\Plugins and renamed cbp.dll to zcbp.dll

So until I break it again... it's working again.  SMP clothes and CBP collisions.

19 hours ago, BazsiHUN said:

Btw, any news how [ @Shizof's work on cloth-physics by CBPC] goes? Any progress?

Yes! It will be completed, coincidentally, on the very day Shiz releases it on the Nexus and Lubber's Lube. :classic_biggrin:

Is he still working on it? Read this. If he wanted to announce progress, or a deadline, I'm sure his keyboard skills are up to that task. :classic_tongue: Since he has not done so, I figure pestering him about it is rude.

In other words, unlike people posting on his CBPC page on the Nexus, I'm not going to nag him for progress reports. It'll be done when it's done. Or not. I can't wait for him to succeed, but in the grand scheme of things, it really won't be a seismic life event either way. :classic_wub:

If you want a 1.5.80 ddl for HH, you will need to download the one for 1.5.73, open it in the hex editor, and do the following.  I used FlexHEX.

1. Search for the first instance of 90 04 using find function.

2. Replace this value with 00 05

3. Save the updated file

That's all there is too it.

8 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

Yes! It will be completed, coincidentally, on the very day Shiz releases it on the Nexus and Lubber's Lube. :classic_biggrin:

Is he still working on it? Read this. If he wanted to announce progress, or a deadline, I'm sure his keyboard skills are up to that task. :classic_tongue: Since he has not done so, I figure pestering him about it is rude.

In other words, unlike people posting on his CBPC page on the Nexus, I'm not going to nag him for progress reports. It'll be done when it's done. Or not. I can't wait for him to succeed, but in the grand scheme of things, it really won't be a seismic life event either way. :classic_wub:

I dont want to nag him either, thats why i've asked you, because you allways have more info... ;)

Thank you for the answer!

17 hours ago, BazsiHUN said:

I dont want to nag him either, thats why i've asked you, because you allways have more info... ;)

Thank you for the answer!

Nag me, bag me and shag me? I like where this is going! And of course, you're welcome! ?

20 hours ago, Umeradith said:

If you want a 1.5.80 ddl for HH, you will need to download the one for 1.5.73, open it in the hex editor, and do the following.  I used FlexHEX.

3. Save the updated file

Any chance you could post the updated dll for us Luddites who neither have nor know how to use a hex editor? Or PM it to @Gromilla so he could link it in his Archives?

22 hours ago, Umeradith said:

3. Save the updated file

I love you, this worked without issues

On 6/25/2019 at 12:07 AM, Umeradith said:

3. Save the updated file

By the way, I just patched the GoToBed dll's using these instructions, as the mod hasn't been upgraded yet.  They now work.  Thanks.

49 minutes ago, jimmywon34 said:

so now that SMP is dead, or the author is apparently not coming back, the DLL's can still be updated by the community to work each time SSE updates its game version though correct?

Not necessarily- "we" got lucky this time in that the code area of SkyrimSE.exe was not changed and so only one address needed to be updated. Most other updates have been far more destructive and could not easily be fixed without the HDT-SMP source code, which we still do not have.

4 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

Not necessarily- "we" got lucky this time in that the code area of SkyrimSE.exe was not changed and so only one address needed to be updated. Most other updates have been far more destructive and could not easily be fixed without the HDT-SMP source code, which we still do not have.

ok thanks for the info, guess we're at the mercy of hydrogen then to release the source code then if there's any hope for SMP staying alive.

2 hours ago, Vortec said:

more clues that Skyrim SE is abandon ware.

SSE is growing every day- look at the daily mod counts on Nexus for proof.

HydrogensaysHDT said months ago that he was tired of Skyrim and wasn't going to update SMP for it any more when Bethesda broke it. Despite that, he did in fact update it each and every time Bethesda broke it. He also said he would release the source code, but sadly, he has not yet done so.

On a more positive note, @Shizof has been working on expanding CBPC to provide cloth physics in addition to body physics. When he succeeds, it will fill the gap in case "Sister Hydro" decides he's had enough of Bethesda's game-breaking nonsense but nonetheless continues to refuse to release the SMP source code.

So while "Sister Hydro" may in fact be "abandoning" SSE (and SMP development for SLE as well), others are working to fill the void. Meanwhile, just block updates and enjoy the game until such time as SMP Physics is updated or CBPC becomes CBPCC (the extra C stands for Cloth Physics) :classic_tongue:

53 minutes ago, Vyxenne said:

Thanks for this. I think @Gromilla also has all 3 files in his linked archives.

Oh did he?  I got HDT & Framework from there, but didn't see HH.  I also didn't see a fullpackage of HH anywhere, so figured I'd add that, throw on the new dlls and wrap it up all pretty for anyone who is just now updating.

Also thanks for more succinctly explaining the situation.  I knew Sister Hydro's leaving was unrelated, but I'm glad to hear that an alternative is being pursued.