What's on your mind?

I fail to see.

Literally.

Took my glasses off for shower and spent five minutes looking for them afterwards :classic_laugh:

Should probably have my vision checked sometime soon again.

And could get some custom lenses with the fresh recipe for my VR set too.

17 hours ago, GimmeBACON said:

Already on it, thanks... sadly diarrhea is one of the side effects of the antibiotics so it's gonna happen regardless.

Another thing is you can eat lots of bacon! (lol) Joking.. meat and cheese often can help slow things down. Avoid fiber for awhile (some do well with the added bulk but many don't. and only those pills and such that fill you up with your daily doce of fiber.

Playing MGSV again, dealing with an anxiety attack so mind is in overdrive. And I had a hypothetical question regarding the story. Spoilers ahead for those who haven't played it. 

Spoiler

Would Big Boss, the REAL Big Boss, have spared Huey like Venom Snake did? Venom Snake seems far more collected and calm compared to the real Big Boss. So I wonder if the result would have been the same.

12 hours ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Inferno hot food.....and how Aubrey is much tougher than I am.

Dunno what it is about her but I instantly start to grin every time I see her.

Guess she just tickles my funny bone without even trying.

But she's also pretty great at freestyling the most ridiculous made up bullshit.

Sigh ... Aubrey ?

While youtube strangely has stopped banning these videos (they do still push them to the bottom of recommendations and searches), twitter and facebook are still deleting them.  At this point it is beyond ridiculous behavior.  We need to get you know who re-elected and turn congress red, then demand that 230 protections be removed.  I'd like to see congress force twitter and facebook into being sold or closed down due to their blatant violations.  Open those platforms up to competition.

3 hours ago, gregathit said:

While youtube strangely has stopped banning these videos (they do still push them to the bottom of recommendations and searches), twitter and facebook are still deleting them.  At this point it is beyond ridiculous behavior.  We need to get you know who re-elected and turn congress red, then demand that 230 protections be removed.  I'd like to see congress force twitter and facebook into being sold or closed down due to their blatant violations.  Open those platforms up to competition.

As a liberal (actual liberal, not colloquial term for leftists) it saddens me to think about removing protection of platforms... but once they start censoring, and removing one side of the argument, then they become publishers and not free platforms. At that point they all but openly accept bias, and when they promote not only lies, but incendiary ones... yeah, sue them to oblivion.

A friend of mine told me today that I changed, that I used to be anti-establishment, and now I'm a corporate shill...  First of all, I was never "anti-establishment" I just live by a "live and let live" lifestyle; secondly, who's (public) opinion align perfectly with the companies, politicians, media, and tech giants?  ?

17 minutes ago, GimmeBACON said:

A friend of mine told me today that I changed, that I used to be anti-establishment, and now I'm a corporate shill...

That friend, I'm sorry to say, is behaving like an idiot.  How can you be a corporate shill when your fine with those platforms acting like publishers being sued to hell and back.  Seems to me "they" are the ones doing the shilling.  Talk about saying that up is down.

We all need to learn to examine the motives of people and to also follow the money.  Folks saying one thing and doing another can't be tolerated anymore.  Regardless of who they are, or which side they are on, they need to fired.  Folks who lie need to be held to account.  Doesn't matter if they are left, right, up or down or whatever.  Facts matter.  Truth matters.  

17 minutes ago, gregathit said:

That friend, I'm sorry to say, is behaving like an idiot.  How can you be a corporate shill when your fine with those platforms acting like publishers being sued to hell and back.  Seems to me "they" are the ones doing the shilling.  Talk about saying that up is down.

We all need to learn to examine the motives of people and to also follow the money.  Folks saying one thing and doing another can't be tolerated anymore.  Regardless of who they are, or which side they are on, they need to fired.  Folks who lie need to be held to account.  Doesn't matter if they are left, right, up or down or whatever.  Facts matter.  Truth matters.  

The problem is bad actors take advantage of useful idiots, and California is full of both of those. 

Spoiler

But yeah... she's not the sharpest tool in the shed.

That the search engine designed to learn from your input is also profiling you for gender/race specific ads for jobs, housing, bank loans, etc. On the one hand I guess I should be happy I'm prolly getting the best opportunities because I like Heavy Metal, but on the other hand I can see how wrong that is and that the there indeed is racial/gender inequality in some areas. Guess I'd always assumed everyone was getting the same opportunities as me. Still, tearing down the whole thing is certainly not the answer. Always comes down to the holy dollar.

8 hours ago, Bazinga said:

Dunno what it is about her but I instantly start to grin every time I see her.

Guess she just tickles my funny bone without even trying.

But she's also pretty great at freestyling the most ridiculous made up bullshit.

Sigh ... Aubrey ?