What's on your mind?

6 hours ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Here's our future I think while hooked up to a VR and letting the super advanced A.I. run everything. So they horde all the resources for themselves- who cares? Human innovation will be non-existent at that point in favor of never ending pleasure, lol. I'd like to say I would complain, but seriously....I wouldn't. :classic_biggrin:

Bound machine. Best XXX FREE image. Comments: 2

Fucking machines mega collection

Maybe, maybe not.  It depends.  There's a saying: G. Michael Hopf — 'Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.'

It's a cycle.  The question is one of how far it will go, and will it go far enough to break the cycle.  Personally, I think George Carlin was right about it.  The country, and now world, has been turned over to those with far more resources, power, and influence than any one person or group of people should have, and once it's gone that far, there's simply no turning it around.  And it's been generations, and hundreds of years, in the making.  When, as you point out, the vast majority simply rolls over and accepts the soft, easy life, even when they're getting fucked, it's over.  There are too few who understand the value of the pain and suffering that doing stuff for yourself brings on, and the feeling of accomplishment, and ability building, etc. it brings.  When I look at even 200 years ago, all those skills that were required of high schoolers,  REAL skills, skills to LIVE, to hack out an existence on your own, by your own hands, your own effort.  That's what doesn't exist anymore, except for those ridiculously rare free-thinkers who can break free of the system and see what's really going on before they end up like the female in your picture: Strapped in and literally unable to get free, even if they wanted to (which, let's face it, getting fucked right is pleasurable, so most wouldn't want physical release, even though they know they're getting fucked, because it's pleasurable).  Oh, AND, while I'm at it, the acceptance of mediocre due to being to scared to pursue excellence.  'Yeah, being fucked by a machine is okay.  It could be better, but it's better than nothing, so meh.'  We see that in relationships regularly.  Staying with 'meh' because we HAVE it, rather than admitting we could be doing so much better for ourselves.

3 hours ago, AKM said:

More like worst 3 minutes of his career.

There was a time when I liked George Carlin but I'm over that now.

What a intellectually lazy outlook on humanity and on the world.

Something's off? Must be a conspiracy. My vote doesn't matter? Not a problem with the voting system or with how political parties and politicians are funded, no, it's the reptiloids.

He was a bitter old man and he was wrong.

Someone on Quora already said what I think about him, so I'll just quote that:

George Carlin’s worst quality was his penchant for conspiracies. Anytime something in culture seemed off to him, whether minor or major, he would imply the existence of an insidious plan behind that phenomenon. A purposeful and human intent to steal and erode, to destroy one group so as to benefit another. In fact, the vast majority of the amateur philosophy he dressed up as comedy revolved around mocking the concept that anything other than intentional human planning could have created such an imbalance.

This relationship with intent is precisely why he was and still is so popular among the masses. The wit and well-written rejoinders were just icing on the performance. People largely want to believe they are being fucked over by a person or group: nigh-omnipotent in ability, yet inferior to them in ethics. Creates an extremely safe enemy to hate from afar that is almost completely divorced from the details of life, with the exception of names and a few simple ideological concepts. It’s really only fellow writers that primarily appreciate the style of words at play; his millions of fans were there above all else to hear him rant about The Establishment again.

Carlin only ever got worse with this over time. What started as lighthearted moments of poking fun at coincidence, turned into explicitly political and formally structured arguments superficially labeled comedy, which in turn became bitter self-parody of much earlier critiques on religion and social convention. Every single time, it was the fault of the shadowy American oligarchical corporate masters; no one else’s, except perhaps human stupidity itself, which would always be tied back into the aforementioned conspiracy in a twisted feedback loop. It’s no mystery why this happened, even if you vaguely study his career — Carlin started doing it for fun, then he found incredible success and reveled in it, and then he realized that neither his success nor the innate quality of his work was ever going to change anything substantial about the fallible nature of human beings, so he allowed a growing resentment to translate into an attempt at misanthropic commentary. I have little doubt that he was indeed a misanthrope towards the end of his life, but his fans tend to forget that such a thing refers to hatred of humanity, not indifference, thus revealing the grand underlying bitterness of it all.

Carlin was undeniably funny, and he was even one of my first heroes as a kid. But he was also intensely biased. I’m not sure whether he ever knew that or not. It’s perfectly fine for an entertainer to be biased, but the line does get immensely blurred when the entertainment of your performance requires your explicitly political commentary to be accurate on some degree.

The omnipresence of the conspiracy in his thought process is what kept his work from being even better. Some of it is profoundly brilliant, but it’s also factually wrong, because of this factor.

1 hour ago, Bazinga said:

He was a bitter old man and he was wrong.

Most people didn't care if he was right or wrong as long as it was halfway funny- which it usually was. Still, some of what he had to say was absolutely spot on. He understood that people are basically cynics in their views of the world and that they get off to being told what a piece of shit they are. Not a strictly American thing either since I remember seeing Japanese apps years ago that did the same thing. Self loathing can be pretty entertaining if you don't dwell on it.

https://apps.qoo-app.com/en/app/7081

55 minutes ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Most people didn't care if he was right or wrong as long as it was halfway funny- which it usually was. Still, some of what he had to say was absolutely spot on. He understood that people are basically cynics in their views of the world and that they get off to being told what a piece of shit they are. Not a strictly American thing either since I remember seeing Japanese apps years ago that did the same thing.

https://apps.qoo-app.com/en/app/7081

So ... basically an adventure game for cucks and other masochists? People are weird. ?

about Carlin:

Never said he wasn't funny. He was, very much so.

I'd argue that in most cases people in his audience didn't feel like he addressed them with his cynical remarks, but the people surrounding them.

Bitching about the idiots that keep you down, never gets old.

25 minutes ago, Bazinga said:

I'd argue that in most cases people in his audience didn't feel like he addressed them with his cynical remarks, but the people surrounding them.

Yeah, he was always careful about that. He would point to "those others" or the establishment, basically giving the crowd a sense of immunity- even though they really knew he was talking about them. And yeah, it is very weird. It's like they're saying "Yes...Yes! Treat me like the dirty whore that I am!". Afterwards they can walk out feeling absolved of guilt because they have served their penance. :classic_tongue:

5 hours ago, Bazinga said:

Someone on Quora already said what I think about him, so I'll just quote that:

Not sure where you found that quote, but I tend to disagree with the statement that hatred and indifference are two different things.  They are inherently the same.  If you don't care whether there is a positive or negative outcome, with no regard for taking action toward a positive one, that's hatred, pure and simple.  You can't not hate something and be okay with just letting a negative outcome happen.  Sure, you might just not be okay with it on an emotional level, and never go so far as to actually do anything about it (puppy mills, anyone?), but that still, at it's basest level, means that you hate puppies, or at least dislike them.  A "meh" response truly is a negative response in this case.

9 hours ago, KoolHndLuke said:

He would point to "those others"

This type of joking was referred when dating someone new and trying to create a sense of intimacy.

Don't joke about yourself to her/him: It makes you look bad and creates distance between you.

Don't joke about her/him: It creates distance between you by alienating them.

Instead joke about others: If done properly it puts you together in a sort of 'us vs them' scenario, forming a type of bond and closeness.

>Is gossip really a passing of information, or a social tool used to reinforce a bond?

Just a thought...

I don't know, if the networks, bloated corporate pigs that they are, banned negative political ads you'd rarely see more than one political ad a day, very few of them can say anything positive about themselves.

Maybe if they charged double for negative ads, they'd still make money and we'd have to listen to fewer of them.

On 10/1/2020 at 3:47 PM, gregathit said:

Actually, your 5% guess is WAY too high.  That would be 821.25 murders per year covered on the national news per year.  The reality is more like 12 to 20 make the major news per year.  That equals only .0012 of the 16,425 murders get major news coverage.  Clearly the ones that make the news either are horrific in nature or fit a narrative that the news is pushing.

The 5% figure is probably more accurate in the local news coverage.  All of this is very, very sad.  I'm not referring to the coverage so much as what clearly is the distain for the preciousness of human life that folks all over the world clearly have.  The good news is that until the recent refusal to put and KEEP criminals in jail (and put those that deserve it away also) the murder rate was falling in most places.  If we can get these A-hole judges and DA's straightened out, we can get back on track to reducing this.

For mainstream news.. it is always the NARRATIVE....  what sells or will give them ratings.

On 10/2/2020 at 3:37 PM, gregathit said:
  Hide contents

unnamed (21).jpg

Like you have to ask.  Golly.

I remember that bacon was something to add on the side maybe a slice or two when I was young. IT was something not eaten much... 

On 10/2/2020 at 4:00 PM, Tyrant99 said:

Could a super-intelligent AI apply the same rationalization to killing humans that we use for killing pigs?

How does one evaluate the value of a lifeform's life?

Two Words...

ANAL PROBES

1 hour ago, nikoli grimm said:

Just a thought...

I don't know, if the networks, bloated corporate pigs that they are, banned negative political ads you'd rarely see more than one political ad a day, very few of them can say anything positive about themselves.

Maybe if they charged double for negative ads, they'd still make money and we'd have to listen to fewer of them.

The problem is if they charged more for a group than another they might get sued. 

6 hours ago, GimmeBACON said:

Personally, I think we need more of this... the left wing has been using demonization and character assassination for so long, the right wing needs to "go for the head"

In a perfect world, it shouldn't be done at all.

Aiming for the head is nothing new.

Even that post is giving me serious déjà vu.

1 hour ago, Darkpig said:

Aiming for the head is nothing new.

Even that post is giving me serious déjà vu.

Adam Conover causes ass cancer... and not even 15 seconds in, Adam lied... the political discourse was nasty far before Trump; democrats accused every Republican president since Nixon (and probably before) of being racist. People just weren't paying attention.

By the way... didn't you complain about using youtube personalities as source material instead of "accredited sources"? ?

4 minutes ago, GimmeBACON said:

Adam Conover causes ass cancer... and not even 15 seconds in, Adam lied... the political discourse was nasty far before Trump; democrats accused every Republican president since Nixon (and probably before) of being racist. People just weren't paying attention.

By the way... didn't you complain about using youtube personalities as source material instead of "accredited sources"? ?

Everything causes cancer. I say a lot of contradictory things and so do you. "youtube personalities" That is what you did. Right??Democrats are not some great evil like seen in the Lord of the Rings or if they are sign me up. Politicians were and I guess still are awful people. Lets not repeat history or do. It is your choice really.

2 minutes ago, Darkpig said:

Everything causes cancer. I say a lot of contradictory things and so do you. "youtube personalities" That is what you did. Right??Democrats are not some great evil like seen in the Lord of the Rings or if they are sign me up. Politicians were and I guess still are awful people. Lets not repeat history or do. It is your choice really.

Fair enough, but, if the choice is mine...

519TnuaDjXL._AC_SX425_.jpg.a812305ac273a9d2f8323d0361cd141b.jpg

22 minutes ago, GimmeBACON said:

Politicians used to kill one another in duels of honor or have each other assassinated. Modern politicians are as relatively soft compared to their forebears as the general populace is. It is odd that anyone would think that anything has become more coarse in terms of political discourse (if they are not just putting on airs to accuse others of impropriety for social advantages).

2 hours ago, FauxFurry said:

It is odd that anyone would think that anything has become more coarse in terms of political discourse

It's not odd when you consider that: 

2 hours ago, FauxFurry said:

Modern politicians are as relatively soft compared to their forebears as the general populace is.

The threshold for what amounts to coarseness has gotten lower. The age of information and a misinformed population. Willful ignorance at the face of reality. This is what you get when people are too lazy to see and listen.

5 hours ago, FauxFurry said:

Politicians used to kill one another in duels of honor or have each other assassinated. Modern politicians are as relatively soft compared to their forebears

It's always easy for myself to jump back to Roman times when looking for examples of many things.

In this particular case if a similarity held true, then the Secret Service would be directly involved in this such as were the :

th?id=OIP.CBIUvU6dpwiU0nkzO4IY4AHaEK%26p

Spoiler