What's on your mind?

20 minutes ago, theposhmudcrab said:

Not all of them are meth addicted

I never said that. Why did you project such a trope upon what I said? Seems like an unfair, bad faith assumption of me.

Oral (lack of) healthcare is an unspoken killer in American society. The health "care" industry treats oral disease as a "wear and tear" issue. Just like the auto insurance industry has weaseled itself out of covering parking lot damage (a shopping cart is a wheeled vehicle, therefore it's a collision, not a comp claim, if one hits your car) (Ask me how I know this) the health insurance industry separated out dental liability from its business model DECADES ago.

48 minutes ago, Pork Type said:

I never said that. Why did you project such a trope upon what I said? Seems like an unfair, bad faith assumption of me.

Oral (lack of) healthcare is an unspoken killer in American society. The health "care" industry treats oral disease as a "wear and tear" issue. Just like the auto insurance industry has weaseled itself out of covering parking lot damage (a shopping cart is a wheeled vehicle, therefore it's a collision, not a comp claim, if one hits your car) (Ask me how I know this) the health insurance industry separated out dental liability from its business model DECADES ago.

Just like insurance weasels out of everything.? This is a running joke amongst the politically unsatisfied 99% of Americans or at least I think it is.?

18 minutes ago, Darkpig said:

Just like insurance weasels out of everything.? This is a running joke amongst the politically unsatisfied 99% of Americans or at least I think it is.?

19 minutes ago, Darkpig said:

or at least I think it is.?

19 minutes ago, Darkpig said:

18 minutes ago, Darkpig said:

8 hours ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

If "smart technology" is computer-based, and computers are only as good as what's entered into them, is it really "smart" technology? Is it really that smart to rely on it?

I think it's only called "Smart" because it has more functions than it originally had Mr. Lemmingway.

(e.g: storing, sharing, communicating, entertainment, etc.)

3 minutes ago, NitroHamlin said:

I think it's only called "Smart" because it has more functions than it originally had Mr. Lemmingway.

(e.g: storing, sharing, communicating, entertainment, etc.)

That doesn't sound like the definition of "smart" at all. More like "integrated." Whomever coined that term needs to go back into first grade English. :classic_tongue: As for all the idiots who rely on it to think for them, I'll let Darwinism speak for me on that.

45 minutes ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

That doesn't sound like the definition of "smart" at all. More like "integrated." Whomever coined that term needs to go back into first grade English. :classic_tongue: As for all the idiots who rely on it to think for them, I'll let Darwinism speak for me on that.

People who use technology are often better equipped to deal with mundane tasks than those that don't. Think of humans as slightly evolved monkeys. Many successful people use programs like Excel and Microsoft Word to "think for them". Even with that said computers are still dumb as post but they work if used for the right purpose which you might have been suggesting.

1 hour ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

Indeed it does not, I could never call something like that a "SmartPhone" much less a "SmartTelevision" or hells even a "SmartHouse". I've noticed a trend within these devices, I've noticed they're ALL connected to the Internet (well obviously), but they are also merging other devices like those channel boxes to your TVs or your computer to your phone.

To me all this "Smartness" is just unnecessary, sure add more uses to your phone "Okay sure, I don't really care though", built in applications (Google, youtube, etc.) and internet access for your TV "Uhhm, I already have a device for that. That is really unnecessary", Implement internet access to your house so you can use your phone to cool your house down without getting up, or tell your house to add cucumber to your shopping list, "Go away Future nobody wanted you".

Spoiler

Well I'm done for the day, hey... Where did my Tablet g-

NitroHamlin was Bad Ended by his Ipad, merged and became one. Eventually he gained access to the entire internet and every device that could accessed via the internet, with this his Intelligence inevitably grew, Evolving to SmartHamlin...

Wherever you go, wherever you hide, Hamlin is watching, learning...

Hamlin is everywhere_

Game Over.

9 hours ago, Darkpig said:

People who use technology are often better equipped to deal with mundane tasks than those that don't. Think of humans as slightly evolved monkeys. Many successful people use programs like Excel and Microsoft Word to "think for them". Even with that said computers are still dumb as post but they work if used for the right purpose which you might have been suggesting.

Not that kind of "thinking." I'm referring to the people who rely solely on things like GPS to get around without learning how to read a map or navigate streets, who simply take whatever the urnalists posing as objective reporters post at face value, even the people who can't--rather, won't--pick up a book because it's easier to Google something. I see object examples of this whenever someone's mobile device runs out of power. They get that "deer in the headlights" look.

10 hours ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

Not that kind of "thinking." I'm referring to the people who rely solely on things like GPS to get around without learning how to read a map or navigate streets, who simply take whatever the urnalists posing as objective reporters post at face value, even the people who can't--rather, won't--pick up a book because it's easier to Google something. I see object examples of this whenever someone's mobile device runs out of power. They get that "deer in the headlights" look.

Okay I can see that. I'm not even going to go in to journalism cause fuck them or at least 90% of them who don't bother doing research. Google is a tool meant to be used like a dictionary so whatever. As for phones dying, 1. They should have charged it. & 2. Devices fail sometimes and one obviously has to improvise.

And yes after looking through the online Oxford dictionary "Smart" phone is appropriately named. Having devices with a vast database that can respond quickly either via typed word or spoken language it fits the "quick witted" description within the dictionary. Another definition which specifically fits devices such as these are " programmed so as to be capable of some independent action". Through some simple questions it does make actions independent from human interference.

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/smart

As for definitions of words, I don't really care. Language changes all the bloody time. Maybe it changed from when you looked it up.

13 hours ago, Darkpig said:

Okay I can see that. I'm not even going to go in to journalism cause fuck them or at least 90% of them who don't bother doing research. Google is a tool meant to be used like a dictionary so whatever. As for phones dying, 1. They should have charged it. & 2. Devices fail sometimes and one obviously has to improvise.

And yes after looking through the online Oxford dictionary "Smart" phone is appropriately named. Having devices with a vast database that can respond quickly either via typed word or spoken language it fits the "quick witted" description within the dictionary. Another definition which specifically fits devices such as these are " programmed so as to be capable of some independent action". Through some simple questions it does make actions independent from human interference.

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/smart

As for definitions of words, I don't really care. Language changes all the bloody time. Maybe it changed from when you looked it up.

Point taken on definition. But we're beating a dead horse here since I already defined what I was talking about. You're also making me hungry for bacon. Even evil bacon.

How can my feet smell if they don't have a nose? :classic_tongue:

All of these years later, I am still curious as to what Geese Howard was going to say here:

"Take you to dinner and a movie", "pay you to take a dive", "lose even more horribly next time", "fake stomach cramps"?

Maybe it was "Show up as a guest fighter in a Namco game"? Was it foreshadowing all along?!

Spoiler

On 2/13/2019 at 11:48 AM, Ernest Lemmingway said:

Real Story. My sister visited the UK a little while ago, and due to some mix-ups with her wireless service (or something,) was unable to hook up GPS with her rental car. So she pulled into a "motorist centre" (or whatever they call a Rest Stop in the UK these days) to buy a road atlas.

THEY DIDN'T HAVE ANY.

"Why do you need an atlas? They're obsolete. We all get around via GPS now" ?

Yeah, well... what if you piss off the Gov't or some influential private entity... and they just turn your shit OFF?

Where are you, then?

UK is Beyond the Rubicon

Weekend! Should I

• go out and have a nice day of family "quality time"
  • do the tax statements, pay bills, dive into the messy pile of papers on my desk
  • sort the attic and the basement
  • play the ongoing 5 quest in Skyrim
  • continue working on my Triss Merigold patch and get version 1 finally done
  • continue working on my (still secret) NPCs or locations or
  • start working in the CK on my "ancient education" mod idea for Skyrim

?

Gf got my name tattooed on her and revealed it yesterday... kinda irks me cuz I got a feelin she's gonna want me 2 do the same. Just cuz I'm a pig doesn't mean you can brand me like livestock. :unamused:

Other then that I've been thinking about Sanguine Rose, why is his reward a basic summon dremora staff... and more importantly, why has nobody done a mod to replace it with a "summon succubus" mod yet?

21 minutes ago, GimmeBACON said:

Gf got my name tattooed on her and revealed it yesterday... kinda irks me cuz I got a feelin she's gonna want me 2 do the same. Just cuz I'm a pig doesn't mean you can brand me like livestock. :unamused:

Get married. That is less permanent and less painful (No guarantees on the less painful part.)

Wait did you say livestock? Does that mean there is going to be a branding iron? I wanna see.

32 minutes ago, GimmeBACON said:

Other then that I've been thinking about Sanguine Rose, why is his reward a basic summon dremora staff... and more importantly, why has nobody done a mod to replace it with a "summon succubus" mod yet? 

people here are going to be devious with this one (No not that kind *crosses fingers* BEGONE CHASTITY BELT!!!). She will end up with an infinite duration and she is a succubus so obviously she is going to be playing with you forever and ever and ever and ever.?

Well, now i'm impressed. Anthem is getting even worse scores than Andromeda at launch. How is that even, physically, possible? :classic_blink:

So, Bethesda turned into a high-pressure douchenozzle, and BioWare are about to be executed. Who's left to make single player RPGs anymore? ?

On 2/21/2019 at 1:22 PM, ToJKa said:

Well, now i'm impressed. Anthem is getting even worse scores than Andromeda at launch. How is that even, physically, possible? :classic_blink:

So, Bethesda turned into a high-pressure douchenozzle, and BioWare are about to be executed. Who's left to make single player RPGs anymore? ?

We have to hope and wait to see if some indie/small company manages to rise from the ashes of all the AAA devs going full tard and the freemium multiple-player schlock trend that currently looms over the gaming community.

As for me I'm trying desperately to get an indie project of my own going. But I have to fight against the fatigue of real life, trying to get something going alone with limited resources (I want to rely on crowdfunding as little as possible) and my short attention span making it difficult for me to lock down on a specific idea among the many projects I could see myself working on. Ugh... ?

On 2/21/2019 at 1:22 PM, ToJKa said:

Larian, CD Projekt Red, Namco, and Falcom.

On 2/22/2019 at 5:22 AM, ToJKa said:

The Outer Worlds by Obsidian looks pretty promising.

9 hours ago, FauxFurry said:

Larian, CD Projekt Red, Namco, and Falcom.

I'm one of the three prople in the world who were so disappointed by DOS2 that i have never finished it.

Didn't care about Witchers but i'll give Cyberpunk a fair shake. If it ever gets released.

JRPGs? I suppose, but their stories tend to be quite linear and always have pre-set player characters.

9 hours ago, NitroHamlin said:

The Outer Worlds by Obsidian looks pretty promising.

Maybe. Worth keeping an eye out for. Pillars of Eternity though seemed to have it's focus set on being BORING! ?

6 hours ago, ToJKa said:

I'm one of the three prople in the world who were so disappointed by DOS2 that i have never finished it.

Didn't care about Witchers but i'll give Cyberpunk a fair shake. If it ever gets released.

JRPGs? I suppose, but their stories tend to be quite linear and always have pre-set player characters.

Maybe. Worth keeping an eye out for. Pillars of Eternity though seemed to have it's focus set on being BORING! ?

Witcher is and isn't liner... per say. It is kind of like Mass Effect where you do some changes and then it changes the game. Of course without the final ending being basically the same ;)

When you start Witcher III you have some options when questioned that makes changes in the game. Some of the choices made, makes changes in the end of the game and even some characters will die depending on those choices.

it isn't an open world in the way Fallout 3 or such is, (which is actually scripted to a point as well) but not as linear as say Crisis or similar games.

I enjoyed Witcher enough for my purchase price... even though I am not really into that type of game.  Cyber Punk game coming out from CD Project Red... is more along what I like.  It does look pretty linear by the demo game play but most games are. There are choices and based on my experience with that company, chances are there are real and meaningful alterations in the game that occur due to your choices.

I have no doubt for one second to think that I wouldn't have some complaints about the game once it is released. Not one doubt that I will find something / somethings that I won't like. However, I do believe it will be a game I will add to the collection at some point. The producer is one of the few (very few) companies that I will pre-order from. Sad to say, that I can't even trust the companies to released fully functional and reasonably glitch free / bug free games upon release. I know there will be issues, there were some with Fallout NV which I bought day one. Others for Fallout 4 as well (day one) but I was at least able to play the game properly unlike Mass Effect Andromeda. The level of quality of the game releases have been worse and worse to a point where the games can't even be enjoyed reasonably when released until mulitigig patches are made.