What's on your mind?

15 minutes ago, Resdayn said:

I don't get the" back in my day", the kids play outside things, why is this a big deal?

Its one of those things the older generation always says about the younger. The older generation when I was young said the same about my generation. You'll probably notice your generation saying that about the new kids when you grow old. Endless cycle.

And you're right about them being full of shit. The younger generations may be glued to their smart phones instead of getting exercise outdoors but the previous few generations did the exact same style of loafing: in front the TV. Hell at least the damn phones are interactive to a degree.

The year is young, companies like ATVI and EA are consistently suffering net losses to their stock price, and they continue alienating customers. I'd love to see Blizzard break away from those parasites called Activision, but I'm not holding my breath. Zeni also drew their slave subsidiary Bethesda into yet another lawsuit over a copyrighted title for TES VI. At this point I'd rather see TES die than be further mangled by those fiends, ZeniMax Media.

The whole affair with Brie Larson's racist and sexist views and its fallout for Captain Marvel makes me laugh. Rotten Tomatoes is reporting that <47% of people who post there want to see it and that number is dropping. So what do Larson and her SJW defenders do? They lie, mangle the facts, and throw accusations. At this point they've proven themselves to be the real racists and sexists. So much so they can't even properly talk the talk anymore, let alone walk the walk! ?

9 minutes ago, MrEsturk said:

Its one of those things the older generation always says about the younger. The older generation when I was young said the same about my generation. You'll probably notice your generation saying that about the new kids when you grow old. Endless cycle.

Just remember they are full of shit. The younger generations may be glued to their smart phones instead of getting exercise outdoors but the previous few generations did the exact same style of loafing in front the TV. Hell at least the damn phones are interactive to a degree.

Yeah you right  even my one shit talks the few year older younger ones.

Ironic thing they shit talk the younger generation for using social media and phones, but actually all gen use it, even the gramps ones too, stuck to their phones, and kids still play outside.

Now starting question who are really not play outside..

I should really just stop caring about this kind of stuff.

17 minutes ago, Resdayn said:

I don't get the" back in my day", the kids play outside things, why is this a big deal? ?

Just annoying brats play outside, is that special?

They are outside today like before, don't pretend they are not. ?

3 minutes ago, MrEsturk said:

And you're right about them being full of shit. The younger generations may be glued to their smart phones instead of getting exercise outdoors but the previous few generations did the exact same style of loafing: in front the TV. Hell at least the damn phones are interactive to a degree.

I actually played outside as a kid. I wasn't glued to my and we did have video games, cable, and other motivations to do so. The real issue is "helicopter parents" and the whole idea of "safetyism" where adults try to protect kids from anything that might hurt them physically or emotionally. Things like "play dates" where kids aren't allowed to go outside, or they're kept confined to one yard. I'd go on, but I've ranted about both in other places.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure how to start this, with a literary flair (copied from movies) plain boring facts or nothing at all (Because I don't seem to match anyone's wavelength here)

OK first off, I am "building a new computer" but that doesn't explain the months, the lives lost, the incredible amount of money involved,

or my computer case (I swear, you've never seen the like)

It started as a lonely unassuming (overpriced) video card

in the store a couple small towns away.

Then began a series of wishlists I was almost sure I'd never be able to fulfill.

I bought the case, and ruined a hard drive trying to install it, bought a new one, and began to seriously wonder what the hell you've all been doing (PC-wise) for 

five years.

Ryzen Which?

Pinnacle whut?

Daahhh "M.2"??

I even wrote a (slightly clueless) blog entry about it.

Next month begins the final leg of my journey, if I can live on potatoes for a while:

A new power supply and an M.2 (don't ask me WHY "M.2", it's like asking why people buy christmas trees or iWatches)

No one'll ever know, and this thread will jump into cars or the Knicks before this'll ever get acknowledged, but I'll feel good,

I think I will, I hope I will when the thing is done.

And I'll play skyrim, what I've been doing for five years, but *maybe* by the time I'm done there'll be some newer game I'll like.

-----

I went off to look for quotes to spice this post up, but never found any (to cut and paste)

So from my head,

"I have tasted the Beauties of terror"

(see, this lady submits herself to her Lord "Satan" and performs all sorts of rituals, only to be eaten by crows, nevermind......

68412762_literaryreference.jpg.4006f74465255dc83d5d050f9a253414.jpg

38 minutes ago, 2dk2c.2 said:

Not sure how to start this, with a literary flair (copied from movies) plain boring facts or nothing at all (Because I don't seem to match anyone's wavelength here)

OK first off, I am "building a new computer" but that doesn't explain the months, the lives lost, the incredible amount of money involved,

or my computer case (I swear, you've never seen the like)....

Oh, I've been "building a new computer" since 2010. I bought a computer back then and every year or so have replaced a part with a newer, more powerful part. Eventually I replaced so much stuff I had shed an entire computer; the DVD drive being the only original piece left. I ended up reassembling the discarded parts into a fully function computer for my god son.

Funny enough despite being a 2010 store bought model that was taken apart slowly over the course of years, mix-matched with other parts in the process, then put back together the thing still works perfectly last time I checked.

I've also managed to maintain all my harddrive files since 1999. I'm something of a data file hoarder. The oldest of my files have a creation date of 1995 ?

On 3/6/2019 at 10:16 PM, 2dk2c.2 said:

or my computer case (I swear, you've never seen the like)

It started as a lonely unassuming (overpriced) video card

in the store a couple small towns away.

Then began a series of wishlists I was almost sure I'd never be able to fulfill.

I bought the case, and ruined a hard drive trying to install it, bought a new one, and began to seriously wonder what the hell you've all been doing (PC-wise) for 

five years.

Ryzen Which?

Pinnacle whut?

Daahhh "M.2"??

I even wrote a (slightly clueless) blog entry about it.

Next month begins the final leg of my journey, if I can live on potatoes for a while:

A new power supply and an M.2 (don't ask me WHY "M.2", it's like asking why people buy christmas trees or iWatches)

No one'll ever know, and this thread will jump into cars or the Knicks before this'll ever get acknowledged, but I'll feel good,

I think I will, I hope I will when the thing is done.

And I'll play skyrim, what I've been doing for five years, but *maybe* by the time I'm done there'll be some newer game I'll like.

Well maybe I can help you out a bit. I just recently retooled my computer (late January, because the PCI-E bus on my aging motherboard decided to take a dirtnap.)

I ended up with:

ASUS ROG Maximus X CODE Z370 motherboard. This set me back around $275. Pricey for a mobo, but you can flash its BIOS without a CPU installed. Also has a beefy M.2 heatsink. More on these features later.

Intel Core i5-9600K CPU, I tried to justify the extra $100 for an i7-8700K. Couldn't do it. I'm a Skyrim/FO4 player primarily, and only occasionally mess with video encoding. I don't really need Hyperthreading.

The 9K series CPUs have a liquid solder interface between silicon and heatspreader. I watercool, so Hell Yeah.

The 9k series CPUs aren't out-of the-box compatible with Z370 series mobos. Mobo requires a BIOS update. Mobo can receive BIOS updates w/o CPU! (see what I did there)

Mobo has a slot for an M.2 drive, which is shrouded by a huge, heavy (really, I'm not kidding) aluminum plate that is pre-equipped with a thermal pad. It's basically the heatsink for your M.2 drive, should you wish to install one (and if you're buying such a motherboard, you really ought to be stuffing that socket full of something. MAKE SURE IT'S PCI-E, NOT SATA!)

Got a Crucial 1 GB unit installed into mine. "only" set me back about $150. It's my dedicated "Steam Stick."

Video is a Radeon RX 480 8 GB. I've had this for a couple years. It's no slouch. No need to touch this, or money in the budget to do so. 1440P all day.

Running Windows 7. This is why I had to go Z370. Z390 explicitly does not support Windows 7. Neither does Ryzen, AFAIK. You'll have to research that; I have no idea.

I had to slipstream M.2 and USB3 drivers into my Win 7 installation media in order to obtain a 100% working starter platform. Every respectable mobo maker (ASUS, Gigabyte, MSI, et al) have tools on their websites for doing so. All you need to provide is an ISO burner prog. And a burner. And a blank disc. :)

wondering just how bad Australia's recession will be,while I'm semi retired ( thank god ) loading our exports onto China,then pissing them off wasn't the best idea, overvalued real estate  negative gearing, plus people worrying if they'll have a job next week,isn't the way a consumer based society works

Easy to see how it happened,at least Paul Keating knew what he was doing,when he pushed us into a recession...perhaps i shoudn't care at all after all our country is run by retards and i'm i'm too old to give a shit

On 3/12/2019 at 10:27 PM, NitroHamlin said:

I once made a Twitter account...

I got suspended within the hour of making it and I have no idea why.

You may not have done anything to be suspended but you probably were going to do something that violated the terms of services based upon patterns detected upon gathering your personal data. Precogs wouldn't be a patch on 'bots. Pre-crime units are here. The Future is now.

13 minutes ago, FauxFurry said:

You may not have done anything to be suspended but you probably were going to do something that violated the terms of services based upon patterns detected upon gathering your personal data. Precogs wouldn't be a patch on 'bots. Pre-crime units are here. The Future is now.

Come to think of it, Twitter did lock me out due to "suspicious activity" on my account. So something like that would make a lot of sense...

But at the time I didn't pay any mind to it, and a month later I made a new one but verified by number and it wasn't suspended. So much computer stuff I don't know?

On 3/12/2019 at 9:27 PM, NitroHamlin said:

I once made a Twitter account...

I got suspended within the hour of making it and I have no idea why.

22 hours ago, FauxFurry said:

Yet another reason I avoid sociopathic media.

After playing the 2018 Call of Cthulhu game...I wonder if I'm just some god-like being's dream, a madwoman's painting, and/or just a lemming that doesn't get enough sleep?

Will LL ever be stable again? Or stable enough that I can post my Musings? Not that there's been much to write about besides the cougars stalking the glen. And I don't mean the kind that hang around in bars near closing time.

2 hours ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

Yet another reason I avoid sociopathic media.

After playing the 2018 Call of Cthulhu game...I wonder if I'm just some god-like being's dream, a madwoman's painting, and/or just a lemming that doesn't get enough sleep?

Will LL ever be stable again? Or stable enough that I can post my Musings? Not that there's been much to write about besides the cougars stalking the glen. And I don't mean the kind that hang around in bars near closing time.

Yeah there's a reason why I literally put my Twitter account into the dumpster where it belongs and made a new account on Gab.  Twitter is far left dumpster fire that needs to be nuked off the map and have been VERY vocal that if you're a centrist or conservative type THEY WILL ROAST YOU!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtxoSpIjsrA

They're EXTREMELY biased toward left wing and social justice narratives.  The platform itself is nothing but toxic, your better off using Gab and Minds.com to be perfectly honest with you.

39 minutes ago, legendarytoyou said:

Yeah there's a reason why I literally put my Twitter account into the dumpster where it belongs and made a new account on Gab.  Twitter is far left dumpster fire that needs to be nuked off the map and have been VERY vocal that if you're a centrist or conservative type THEY WILL ROAST YOU!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtxoSpIjsrA

They're EXTREMELY biased toward left wing and social justice narratives.  The platform itself is nothing but toxic, your better off using Gab and Minds.com to be perfectly honest with you.

There is no side to idiocy or should I say idiocracy? Left is an unnecessary detail to a simple problem.

On 3/8/2019 at 1:52 AM, Pork Type said:

Well maybe I can help you out a bit. I just recently retooled my computer (late January, because the PCI-E bus on my aging motherboard decided to take a dirtnap.)

I ended up with:

ASUS ROG Maximus X CODE Z370 motherboard. This set me back around $275. Pricey for a mobo, but you can flash its BIOS without a CPU installed. Also has a beefy M.2 heatsink. More on these features later.

Intel Core i5-9600K CPU, I tried to justify the extra $100 for an i7-8700K. Couldn't do it. I'm a Skyrim/FO4 player primarily, and only occasionally mess with video encoding. I don't really need Hyperthreading.

The 9K series CPUs have a liquid solder interface between silicon and heatspreader. I watercool, so Hell Yeah.

The 9k series CPUs aren't out-of the-box compatible with Z370 series mobos. Mobo requires a BIOS update. Mobo can receive BIOS updates w/o CPU! (see what I did there)

Mobo has a slot for an M.2 drive, which is shrouded by a huge, heavy (really, I'm not kidding) aluminum plate that is pre-equipped with a thermal pad. It's basically the heatsink for your M.2 drive, should you wish to install one (and if you're buying such a motherboard, you really ought to be stuffing that socket full of something. MAKE SURE IT'S PCI-E, NOT SATA!)

Got a Crucial 1 GB unit installed into mine. "only" set me back about $150. It's my dedicated "Steam Stick."

Video is a Radeon RX 480 8 GB. I've had this for a couple years. It's no slouch. No need to touch this, or money in the budget to do so. 1440P all day.

Running Windows 7. This is why I had to go Z370. Z390 explicitly does not support Windows 7. Neither does Ryzen, AFAIK. You'll have to research that; I have no idea.

I had to slipstream M.2 and USB3 drivers into my Win 7 installation media in order to obtain a 100% working starter platform. Every respectable mobo maker (ASUS, Gigabyte, MSI, et al) have tools on their websites for doing so. All you need to provide is an ISO burner prog. And a burner. And a blank disc. :)

I went with Ryzen + windows 10. Cloned the data drive, but the system ssd I left as-is, and it picked up nearly everything.

Now (soon) I will install an m.2, that's for sure,

and later-on, buy a keyboard. Keyboards are not durable for me, no matter what I buy.

The mechanical-keyboard was a cheap one, and lately it refuses to type certain keys (They're still mechanical though)

I don't know which marketing department decided that keyboards should cost so freaking much, but I wanna curse them and their lousy keyboards.

The thing I'm not sure if I'll ever successfully do is to clone the SSD to the new M.2.

It might work, it *should* work, but I worry about windows picking up it's been cloned, and alignment issues.

I wonder if the alignment on an MLC-SSD is exactly the same as an MLC-M.2.

And if Parted-Magic is up to the cloning task (It *should* be)

and if windows will grouse or revoke my license.

I'm really leery on the future of the Conan franchise on TV/Movie...what with the rights being picked up by Marvel from Dark Horse Comics and the supposed to be upcoming new series cancelled by Amazon at the last moment...

how to make an SJWLGBTXYZFeminazi friendly Conan in 2019:

"Conan what is woke in life?

"Tolerate your enemies, see them brought into your neighborhood and #believe all your women!"

Yeah...no they can't do that so they shut it down...

I wish Starz would pick it up though, or any other TV company that has balls enough not to get squemish just because of some blood, gore and tits and still stay true to Robert E. Howard's created world...

Oh and please let Arnie be in it as old King Conan...

but then again the loud people will cry out "MISOGYNY!!!, VIOLENCE AGAINST WAHMEN!!! WHY IS CONAN A WHITE MALE?!!! WHY CAN'T BE CONAN MORE GAY??!!! REEEE!! etc.

So I'm just wishfully thinking here...

At least Dune is gonna have a remake...

16 hours ago, arpaschad said:

how to make an SJWLGBTXYZFeminazi friendly Conan in 2019:

At least Dune is gonna have a remake...

1980s Conan was already SJW friendly.

Actual Conan quote:  "I don't like black women."

http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks06/0600771h.html

The LGBT have gone too far

With their name. Seriously I just looked it up and it is LGBTTQQIAAP. Gee, have you included everybody yet? Just call it the queer community and tell people your goals in a summary possibly with a link to a volume if people want to get more in depth.