What's on your mind?

2 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

I'm thinking.. it's weird how I still have so much energy.. I should be bricked but I'm still going..

>Be ass't manager of something or the other food joint

>Closer calls in sick on a Friday, work 'til 3:30 AM (You've been there since Noon)

>Turn around and open the place up again at 10

7 minutes ago, Pork Type said:

>Be ass't manager of something or the other food joint

>Closer calls in sick on a Friday, work 'til 3:30 AM (You've been there since Noon)

>Turn around and open the place up again at 10

I'm IT teamlead of 30 people in a medical sciences division. It's been a bit hectic after a lot of unique and expensive equipment was stolen.

The police don't have a clue and we've been rebuilding for two weeks now, an average of 4-6 hours of sleep very night, literally rolling into bed from work, and out of bed to work with 1 or 2 days of pause in between.

It's not my record, but I'm getting close. The longest stint I did in one go was 38 hours of non-stop work during a major incident. I was (terribly) sick for three weeks after that.

34 minutes ago, Reginald_001 said:

I'm IT teamlead of 30 people in a medical sciences division. It's been a bit hectic after a lot of unique and expensive equipment was stolen.

The police don't have a clue and we've been rebuilding for two weeks now, an average of 4-6 hours of sleep very night, literally rolling into bed from work, and out of bed to work with 1 or 2 days of pause in between.

It's not my record, but I'm getting close. The longest stint I did in one go was 38 hours of non-stop work during a major incident. I was (terribly) sick for three weeks after that.

Ain't that some shit. At least I actually got Overtime pay (on top of $3.75/Hr)

4 hours ago, Pork Type said:

Ain't that some shit. At least I actually got Overtime pay (on top of $3.75/Hr)

Ok, so I have spent the past week (used vacation days) to repair several electrical issues, install a ceiling fan, put in a window and finish plumbing issues as we prep a house to sell.   I oddly got more satisfaction doing that then at my regular job (where I sit all day and read reports and "analyze" stuff).   I thought it was because I was physically and mentally drained at the end of the day doing all that manual labor, but.........I would never want to go back to the days where I worked in food service, the most demanding and grueling work in my experience.

My sister once told me that people will never be truly satisfied or fully appreciative of hard work (or appreciated because of hard work) until they run their own business.  Too bad I didn't listen.

12 hours ago, Darkpig said:

Did they say it in German? If so then perhaps we shouldn't go around saying Schneeflocke.

I don't.

I love veggie burgers. Mine is made of human beans whatever that is.

From the images provided to me I realize this is mostly a complaint from a conservative point of view but does this apply to all conservatives? I think not or else I fear the cultish nature of politics. Anyway they don't represent the republican party so I stand by my previous statement:

Of course as people and their children get more technologically advanced so too will their desire for entitlement. It is just a never ending cycle that will continue regardless of a person's actions so don't worry or just creepily stare at parents long enough to get what you want.

I get that children are scary. There is even a word for it:

Pedophobia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fear_of_children

I think I understand now. Calling people Snowflake is the a symptom of Pedophobia?.

If one insists on application of the increasingly meaningless suffix Phobia to an expanding array of words, the cobbled together monstrosity Kinderphobia has more of a ring to it and is that not the most important thing of all? To sound good without meaning anything?

No, all observations point towards a sense of reservation or outright contempt for parenting methods and the parents who utilize them. The rugrats are collateral damage in that cultural kerfuffle at best.

This really isn't a rant, but more like I don't get it.

So every once in a while, I either have to ask my Fiance something or need to grab something from the bathroom. Sometimes I just like to mess with my fiance while she is in the bathroom using it. She gets frustrated with it, for little reason because I don't really even do much to mess with her. So, today, like a lot of other days, she went to the bathroom, while in a discord call with people she barely knows and is talking to them. Sometimes it's not much, other times, she doesn't think I hear it, but I do. So, here is where it's not making sense in my mind. She isn't comfortable with me doing one of those three things, mind you we have been living together for practically a year. Yet, she is comfortable to talk and be in the middle of conversation on discord while doing her business? To me, I know it sounds extremely insecure or paranoid, maybe a mix of both, but like really? So, I wasn't mad, I tried to talk to her about it and she made up an excuse saying she wasn't saying much. I just shook my head and closed the door. I go out for a smoke, and she comes out afterwards and literally she didn't even try to talk about it. So I try to talk about it again and she gets upset with me about it still making up excuses. Where it annoyed  finally was this point. It's like, stop lying cause I know you do. However, she is 6 years younger than I, I don't use social media anything and while I do use discord, it's for modding and etc, occasionally just chit chat, but it doesn't get carried to the bathroom or when I am smoking or etc. Two different time era's I guess.

I wonder if I have what it takes to become a 3D animator. In one hand, it would give me incredible creative freedom. In the other hand, no matter how much I practice, I may find that I lack the talent it requires. It's quite tempting though.

19 hours ago, FauxFurry said:

If one insists on application of the increasingly meaningless suffix Phobia to an expanding array of words, the cobbled together monstrosity Kinderphobia has more of a ring to it and is that not the most important thing of all? To sound good without meaning anything?

No, all observations point towards a sense of reservation or outright contempt for parenting methods and the parents who utilize them. The rugrats are collateral damage in that cultural kerfuffle at best.

Same difference. You have heard the word kaiju right? Godzilla (metaphor for children) was made by humans (metaphor for parents). It is about parents making monsters. Of course if this were about the inhumane treatment of children then I would agree with this sentiment nvm inhumane is relative. Since they were talking about children then clearly they do fear children. If they are calling parents snowflakes then I am wrong about the whole thing.

Windows 10 bricked my new mobo, it's freaking inconceivable.

I thought I was prepared with cloning stuff, and it's not like I hadn't done it before.

And (I thought) that's what BIOS-reset is for, but it's dead, insert clever phrase here.

My 7 year old mobo appears to be working fine.

It also has an early version of UEFI. It never heard of m.2.

It also doesn't know about TPM's or secure boots.

So that's all well and good but to not even boot is ...

O. I googled if it ever happens. 

24536747_youallsuckdonk3ys.png.1efdbf783a3250919da4705d38c4bb36.png

1 hour ago, 2dk2c.2 said:

Windows 10 bricked my new mobo, it's freaking inconceivable.

You're right, it's inconceivable, because Windows 10 is incapable of bricking a mobo. It's FULLY capable of having a boot disk kernel that's unrecognizable to your new hardware (chipset swap to AMD or vice versa,) but that's about it.

1 hour ago, 2dk2c.2 said:

My 7 year old mobo appears to be working fine. 

And appears to possess a chipset fully supported by Windows 10.

Are you familiar with the concept of "slipstreaming?" or just "starting over?"

If you're swapping mobo chipset brands, or making severe upgrades within the same brand stream, you really may just have to reformat your shit. But your mobo ain't bricked.

10 hours ago, Darkpig said:

Same difference. You have heard the word kaiju right? Godzilla (metaphor for children) was made by humans (metaphor for parents). It is about parents making monsters. Of course if this were about the inhumane treatment of children then I would agree with this sentiment nvm inhumane is relative. Since they were talking about children then clearly they do fear children. If they are calling parents snowflakes then I am wrong about the whole thing.

The Children of Atom are children of a sort (brain children of engineers and of the devices which they created) so that observation bears a seed of truth.

As for the rest, the accompanying concepts of Helicopter Parents, Bulldozer Parents (or Snowplow Parents, perhaps most fittingly) and Munchausen by Proxy (something which, incidentally, is officially recognized as a mental illness for the time being, for what that is worth) do address the ones who spoiled their children rotten spoils a bit of the rest of the fun of your statements.

Why is Munchausen by Proxy related to this phenomenon, one might ask? Well, a group who uses afflictions they are affected with, both real and imagined which are either faked or self induced to seek attention are often started down this path by their parents, shifting from proxy to principal actor. They now seek to show the world how unique their particular problems are compared to everyone else. There is blame enough to go around for parents and children and many people out there don't seem bashful about sharing it far and wide.

Whatever happened to those old timey curses that cover multiple generations to families, anyway? They could avoid the cute labels and just throw out a few of these from time to time.

I keep going through episodes of depression, and it seems to be happening more often. maybe i am bi-polar?

I find my self writing "kill me" and "I want to die" on any piece of paper i find on my table at home (sometimes i feel like i can't even control it), good that most people in my family don't notice. at one point i even wrote "kill me" on my work clothes, while i was at work, but i wrote it upside down and kept it hidden so co-workers don't notice.

The only reason i don't kill my self is because my family is still around, if suddenly they weren't around, i would of quickly killed my self without a second thought.

there are times i feel so empty, hollow and dead inside. i could say more but it will be an even bigger wall of text.

i just felt like posting these thoughts here, i don't feel comfortable speaking about this with anyone i know personally or to speak with anyone face to face.

18 hours ago, Darkpig said:

Just for added fun times: When the term Snowflake is being used as a pejorative these days, it tends to be directed at adults who are the perceived failed results of Snowplow Parenting rather than children under the age of majority.

I know that this ruins one of the rare opportunities to call someone a pedophobe rather than a pedophile on the Internet but there it is.

4 hours ago, theposhmudcrab said:

I keep going through episodes of depression, and it seems to be happening more often. maybe i am bi-polar?

That sounds like straight depression more than bipolar, it can come and go. I would really suggest trying to find a therapist or a hotline or something, it’s worth your life to try it. 

Perhaps that and what I’m about to say are not shocking new information to you, but once you’re dead, you’re dead for forever. There’s no more possibility for positive change. But while you’re here there is, and compared to eternity, the maximum time you could spend waiting for that change is incredibly small. 

Now I know my input will never hold a candle to what a psychologist, or even just someone else who’s made it out of your situation could tell you, but just hang in there. Look for things that bring you enjoyment (or that can hold your interest if the former is too much) or even just places to talk like this. There are people that care, even if you can’t see them from where you are now.

14 hours ago, Pork Type said:

You're right, it's inconceivable, because Windows 10 is incapable of bricking a mobo. It's FULLY capable of having a boot disk kernel that's unrecognizable to your new hardware (chipset swap to AMD or vice versa,) but that's about it.

And appears to possess a chipset fully supported by Windows 10.

Are you familiar with the concept of "slipstreaming?" or just "starting over?"

If you're swapping mobo chipset brands, or making severe upgrades within the same brand stream, you really may just have to reformat your shit. But your mobo ain't bricked.

It was a thought not a request. I'd be in a way different forum 4 that.

Both are dead. 

Imaging Recovery killed one, and the other the memory wasn't right, then it wasn't there.

I could rant to my power supply 4 all the could it'd do but not touching stuff and also leaving Microsoft blameless (no collusion) it'd the only other suspect.

3 hours ago, FauxFurry said:

Just for added fun times: When the term Snowflake is being used as a pejorative these days, it tends to be directed at adults who are the perceived failed results of Snowplow Parenting rather than children under the age of majority.

So snowflakes are calling other people snowflakes as an insult. Logic... fail

I know that this ruins one of the rare opportunities to call someone a pedophobe rather than a pedophile on the Internet but there it is.

When you get to a certain age they are all children. Just avoid the corn fields of Nebraska and you'll be fine.

----

Edit: I just barely read your post before this one and people got problems. Join the club.

Phew, a car just slammed headlong into the guard rail along the road across from my house. I heard a vroom, but then the BANG! Sounded like a pipe bomb going off.

Some drunken dipshit (not me!) plowed into that guard rail hard enough to tilt all of the ground pillars about 20 degrees, and tear the entire front right suspension assembly from the car.

Wait, what. Pedophobia? I leave you folks alone for 22 hours, and... what

(Seriously, though... I think I know what you mean. My generation had terrible parenting skills)

But, wait... THERE'S MORE!

Ruminating upon Frank Zappa's profound contribution to the overall zeitgeist, I remembered...

Hungry Freaks, Daddy!

We're just running around in circles.

8 hours ago, 2dk2c.2 said:

It was a thought not a request. I'd be in a way different forum 4 that.

Both are dead. 

Imaging Recovery killed one, and the other the memory wasn't right, then it wasn't there.

I could rant to my power supply 4 all the could it'd do but not touching stuff and also leaving Microsoft blameless (no collusion) it'd the only other suspect.

Look, now... You're posting about your technical woes, on a forum dedicated to rectifying technical woes, and solving them. Albeit of a mostly

different variety (ie. How do I add sex toys to Skyrim??)

I don't feel too presumptuous about calling this community, a community of helpers. I was just trying to help.

OK?

There's one of those explicit game ads that appears regularly here in LL that has a scantily clad gal in a cowboy (cowgirl?) outfit asking another cowboy to "show her his rattlesnake". The ad is animated and it moves on to her being railed by what I assume is the cowboy she was talking to.

Each and every single time I see that ad, I can't help but picture an alternative scene where he actually has a pet rattlesnake (or even better, a pet nightstalker puppy), he shows it to her, and she goes "aww, it's so cute!". And that's it, no explicit stuff whatsoever.

May be just because of the bait-and-switch effect it causes, but I would find that much more amusing and interesting than if they just had sex.

7 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

There's one of those explicit game ads that appears regularly here in LL that has a scantily clad gal in a cowboy (cowgirl?) outfit asking another cowboy to "show her his rattlesnake". The ad is animated and it moves on to her being railed by what I assume is the cowboy she was talking to.

Each and every single time I see that ad, I can't help but picture an alternative scene where he actually has a pet rattlesnake (or even better, a pet nightstalker puppy), he shows it to her, and she goes "aww, it's so cute!". And that's it, no explicit stuff whatsoever.

May be just because of the bait-and-switch effect it causes, but I would find that much more amusing and interesting than if they just had sex.

Funny you mentioned that. I remember an ad here where some guy was fucking a fairy where I can't help but picture the fairy being a leech like creature consuming the blood of its prey.:classic_laugh: