What's on your mind?

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Doctor Cadaver said:

Had to buy some new shoes today.  The sole on one of the old pair was falling off after a big downpour.  And my feet got soaked.  And they only lasted me for a few months!  I will never buy New Balance shoes, ever again!

Must of been a bad shoe..
I have a pair of New Balance shoes and I used them quite often (now at work for more than three months .. full time on the floor) and haven't shown me a single issue. I just walked in a downpour just a few minutes ago before posting this and no water ... well other than when I stepped into a puddle I shouldn't have :( lol.

The classic converse canvas shoes have been my best lasting shoes in the past... all the time no problem from decades ago to now.  Not much support though.

3 hours ago, GimmeBACON said:

Rewatched Infinity Wars again, and all I can think is... Why didn't Dr.Strange cut off Thanos's hand when they put him to sleep?! Even if he could kick their asses with one hand, he couldn't activate the gauntlet.

Also ... they could have just broke the time stone earlier and called it a day instead of giving him one of the most powerful artifacts of the collection... after all he is sorcer and knows first hand how powerful it was.

I agree. he should have just cut off the hand like that other Hulk type creature.

19 hours ago, Doctor Cadaver said:

Yeah, I suppose so.  But the funny thing is my last pair of shoes were also New Balance's.  And they lasted me for over a year.  I guess shoes, like so many other things, aren't created equal.

Friday's batch likely.. ;)  That or Monday's. one... usually the cause of lower quality.

5 hours ago, redapocalypse said:

Why does this kid cry over her classmate taking her eraser as an accident? She has a spare one she can take, why cry over it? Why are you crying GDI Chloe, it's just an eraser! I don't get paid enough for this.

Take both... give her some real reason to cry... then educate her on important things (for crying) Parents are making their children to entitled these days.

13 hours ago, redapocalypse said:

Nowadays parents don't raise their children, teachers do. And if the teacher punishes the student for misbehaving, parents go nuts and like "WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO MY PRECIOUS CHILD".

Then punish the parent... !!!! ;) If only....

I am a strong supporter that you have to pass an exam to have offspring. A tough competency exam or you can't have children.

As for parents going appshit... my mother would if a teach would try to punish me. ... She was to be told if I was misbehaving... then she would PUNISH ME... I'd prefer the teacher's punishment ;) if you know what I mean... That went for neighbors, or extended families or whomever.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/1/2018 at 8:05 PM, GimmeBACON said:

Rewatched Infinity Wars again, and all I can think is...

I feel like my ability to turn off my brain becomes more challenging as time goes on. I really do want to sit back and just be entertained, yet using this 'movie script' concept as an example it gets harder and harder. It's funny as playing games seems more competent than watching movies when it comes to suspension of disbelief.

While I never thought on the example you provided (am too angry at Starlord's thinking with the little head) other's have pointed out things like 'The Last Jedi' using jumping to lightspeed as a weapon. My personal one was from Wonder Woman - 'SHIELD' my ass.... If Miss Prince hit that shield hard enough to vaporize the church tower as shown in the movie, she would've driven those 'humans' into the ground like hamburger. Bah! enough of that.

I don't watch TV anymore - been many years. Cable shows like GoT, Westworld, etc. I find for the most part passable, but I'm worried about the trend of shows or movies nowadays just being self contradictory. Maybe it's just me, though when something worthy tries hard to fill in the blanks and cover the gaps, like 'The Martian', I realize, maybe it isn't.

11 hours ago, landess said:

I feel like my ability to turn off my brain becomes more challenging as time goes on. I really do want to sit back and just be entertained, yet using this 'movie script' concept as an example it gets harder and harder. It's funny as playing games seems more competent than watching movies when it comes to suspension of disbelief.

While I never thought on the example you provided (am too angry at Starlord's thinking with the little head) other's have pointed out things like 'The Last Jedi' using jumping to lightspeed as a weapon. My personal one was from Wonder Woman - 'SHIELD' my ass.... If Miss Prince hit that shield hard enough to vaporize the church tower as shown in the movie, she would've driven those 'humans' into the ground like hamburger. Bah! enough of that.

I don't watch TV anymore - been many years. Cable shows like GoT, Westworld, etc. I find for the most part passable, but I'm worried about the trend of shows or movies nowadays just being self contradictory. Maybe it's just me, though when something worthy tries hard to fill in the blanks and cover the gaps, like 'The Martian', I realize, maybe it isn't.

Welcome to getting older. ;)

what's on my mind? suicidal thoughts, i have been having them for a long time and they are always there. Even when i am not actively thinking about it, it is still there in the back of my mind. Too many bad experiences in life, mental pain/scars is worse than physical pain. You break a bone or skin, the pain goes away and the wound heals. The mind never heals the mind never recovers. The people who know me do not know that all my smiles, jokes and laughs are only a mask. 

After breaking open both the old Warcraft RPG and World of Warcraft RPG books (yes, there are differences between the two lines) and then looking at the current state of WoW both in terms of mechanics and lore, I've decided not to go back if and when they launch legacy servers. ?

I also don't want to go to bed. I'm afraid some fat guy in a red suit will try to break into my house.

The Dogma associated with 2 slang terms - PC master race and Console peasants.

These obviously are crude references to a persons financial or intellectual status without regard to any truth to the matter. Yet I believe these terms reflect more than a persons ignorance when a closer look is taken at the 2 demo-graphs involved.

First, let me start with the console owners as it gives me a better platform to explain my thoughts. Consoles are a smart addition to the gaming world. Self contained, they offer little in the possibility of problems when running programs. This suits the Developers well since they have less headaches, and a longer window in which to create and market. In essence, these gamers become 'The Good Citizens of the Gaming Empire'. They spend, cause less problems and are easier to manage.

Now for the PC users. A complicated piece of hardware with many applications beyond gaming. It's very nature encourages self education and a commitment to understanding the possibilities of the equipment involved. When applied to gaming, the continual advancement of the hardware lends itself well to experimental forms of game execution. This usually results in a superior experience with advanced graphics, sound, and content. VR, mods, control devices, all benefit from a cutting edge advantage which the PC makes possible. In essence, these gamers become the 'Rebels'. They cause issues for the Good Citizens by exposing them to a higher standard of gaming which the Gaming Empire is reluctant to fulfill.

If the Good Citizens make enough noise, then the Gaming Empire has 2 options: Attempt to fill those wants, or deny the Rebels the chance to make their Good Citizens upset. When a profit can be turned by fulfilling those wants The Gaming Empire shows mercy and allows new concepts like Mods, Streaming, HD graphics, to trickle into the Good Citizens hands. If the Gaming Empire fears the Rebels will cause problems which they would prefer not to address, they withhold the software from the Rebels so they cannot work their magic, and cause dissent among their Good Citizens. This is one tactic the Gaming Empire uses to attempt to bring Rebels back into their fold.

Many Gamers do indeed participate in both societies, since faith in the Gaming Empire isn't without suspicion. Now the Gaming Empire isn't stupid either. They continue to support the Rebels in a minor fashion. Partly due to the profit motivation, but since Rebels tend to push the envelope, they also do a lot of the legwork  which paves the way for improvements in the market which the Gaming Empire can then exploit, and bring to their Good Citizens in exchange for higher profit.

What all gamers should realize, is in exchange for entertainment, we are tools through choice of platform of an Empire which uses our freedom of choice, to maintain their ability to sustain, and improve their profit margins.

The concept of a platform 'Class-War' shouldn't ever be given vindication.

23 hours ago, landess said:

The Dogma associated with 2 slang terms - PC master race and Console peasants.

These obviously are crude references to a persons financial or intellectual status without regard to any truth to the matter. Yet I believe these terms reflect more than a persons ignorance when a closer look is taken at the 2 demo-graphs involved.

First, let me start with the console owners as it gives me a better platform to explain my thoughts. Consoles are a smart addition to the gaming world. Self contained, they offer little in the possibility of problems when running programs. This suits the Developers well since they have less headaches, and a longer window in which to create and market. In essence, these gamers become 'The Good Citizens of the Gaming Empire'. They spend, cause less problems and are easier to manage.

Now for the PC users. A complicated piece of hardware with many applications beyond gaming. It's very nature encourages self education and a commitment to understanding the possibilities of the equipment involved. When applied to gaming, the continual advancement of the hardware lends itself well to experimental forms of game execution. This usually results in a superior experience with advanced graphics, sound, and content. VR, mods, control devices, all benefit from a cutting edge advantage which the PC makes possible. In essence, these gamers become the 'Rebels'. They cause issues for the Good Citizens by exposing them to a higher standard of gaming which the Gaming Empire is reluctant to fulfill.

If the Good Citizens make enough noise, then the Gaming Empire has 2 options: Attempt to fill those wants, or deny the Rebels the chance to make their Good Citizens upset. When a profit can be turned by fulfilling those wants The Gaming Empire shows mercy and allows new concepts like Mods, Streaming, HD graphics, to trickle into the Good Citizens hands. If the Gaming Empire fears the Rebels will cause problems which they would prefer not to address, they withhold the software from the Rebels so they cannot work their magic, and cause dissent among their Good Citizens. This is one tactic the Gaming Empire uses to attempt to bring Rebels back into their fold.

Many Gamers do indeed participate in both societies, since faith in the Gaming Empire isn't without suspicion. Now the Gaming Empire isn't stupid either. They continue to support the Rebels in a minor fashion. Partly due to the profit motivation, but since Rebels tend to push the envelope, they also do a lot of the legwork  which paves the way for improvements in the market which the Gaming Empire can then exploit, and bring to their Good Citizens in exchange for higher profit.

What all gamers should realize, is in exchange for entertainment, we are tools through choice of platform of an Empire which uses our freedom of choice, to maintain their ability to sustain, and improve their profit margins.

The concept of a platform 'Class-War' shouldn't ever be given vindication.

PC Master Race was supposed to be a gag. Some people took the joke and run it into the ground by playing it too straight-faced for too long until they started to believe it themselves. 

I sold something on ebay.

I'm in NYC

the person who bought it is in South Florida.

I shipped that item on December 10th.

It's been 17 days, and the tracking status has been "in transit to next facility" for nine day.

The last location I have for it is shows it departing a "network distributing center" on 12/14...

A center located in LOS FUCKING ANGELES...

And that's not the part that's got me pissed. Oh no. That I could understand.

It's that no one at the United States Postal Service will talk to me.

I've emailed

I've called.

I've even tweeted them.

Nothing.

And the worse part is trying to call them.

You know when you call a company and you want to talk to a person, just hit zero, especially if you don't actually know who you need to talk to? 

Yeah, USPS doesn't have that option.

When I do get to the point where the STUPID computer system says "please stay on the line while I check on the availability of our agents…" 

IT HANGS UP ON ME!

I don't get it. I know it's just after Christmas, but I was trying to get in touch with them before Christmas and I still can't get through. 

I just really feel the need to scream at the top of my lungs. The person wants their money back now, and that means I'm going to be coming out of this routine at a complete loss as I listed it as free shipping because I just wanted to get rid of it an make a few bucks. I have to give them back the whole amount, and I'm out the value of the item.

All because someone couldn't figure out a package going from New York to Florida SHOULD'T GO TO FUCKING CALIFORNIA!

Kanye West, Kim Kardashian, Paris Hilton or any one of the hundreds/thousands of the untalented and filthy rich twats in the world could solve all the problems in my world by writing 4 little lines of text on a check. They wouldn't even miss the amount I need. I mean, it wouldn't even register on their consciousness, considering the insane amount of wealth they have. I am also convinced that I've worked more in the last 25 years, than any two of them combined in their entire lives.

Sometimes... when I truly realize this insanity, I lose faith in humanity.

We (the people) should take everything back from the 1%.. I mean, we really, really should.

What's worse is that there are people that have worked even harder than I have, and have ended up with even less..

16 hours ago, rb888 said:

Make sure you say lords prayer every night before you sleep. you never know. Neko on sales hurry grab them :D.

2018-12-28 12_25_25-Steam.png

For some reason Steam insists on having this whole collection show up on my "Recommended" feed in the store even though I'm pretty sure I haven't bought/played any game or done anything to suggest I'd be interested in almost-explicit VNs about anime catgirls. I mean, furry VNs? That I would understand (surprisingly enough, I haven't gotten a single one on my feed yet). But why anime?