4 hours ago, MadMansGun said:

a lot of amphibians don't have webbed feet, in fact i don't recall ever seeing webbed feet on a Salamander.

If we are talking aquatic adaption, most reptiles or amphibians of the salamander kind adapted smaller limbs or short enough so they can be tucked in so they don't get in the way, and thinner yet taller tails to increase mobility. since small limbs can't be traded in, I think webbed feet is the obvious choice of adaption.

Some salamanders do develop webbed feet however.

Spoiler

See the source imageSee the source image

4 hours ago, MadMansGun said:

a lot of amphibians don't have webbed feet, in fact i don't recall ever seeing webbed feet on a Salamander.

Look, be amazed, and say hello to my little friends

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydromantes The web toed salamander

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bolitoglossa The web footed salamanders

It bears noting that neither of these species are primarily aquatic, neither of them have lungs either.

7 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

They breathe water. They have webbed feet.

Outside of Morrowind and debatably Daggerfall, Argonians in every game from Arena to Legends have human sized feet and toes. I literally just checked, this isn't from memory.

The smallest "microfin" flippers you can buy still at least double the surface area of the foot (smaller exist but those are for exercise not propulsion) and the smallest hand fin gloves have webbing that covers to the last joint of the finger. Also just looked this up.

All this means that any webbing an argonian may on their normal human sized feet between their normal human sized toes and totally separated fingers would have as much effect on their swimming speed as wearing condoms for socks and you won't even see "life hack" videos promoting something that silly.

56 minutes ago, NightroModzz said:

If we are talking aquatic adaption, most reptiles or amphibians of the salamander kind adapted smaller limbs or short enough so they can be tucked in so they don't get in the way, and thinner yet taller tails to increase mobility. since small limbs can't be traded in, I think webbed feet is the obvious choice of adaption.

Some salamanders do develop webbed feet however.

Reveal hidden contents

See the source imageSee the source image

Argonians from morrowind on are quite clearly based off of marine iguanas, just like Godzilla, a reptile with a powerful nearly prehensile tail it uses for swimming no webbing of any kind and really beefy arms and legs that sport rather nasty claws.

12 minutes ago, IA.Echo.Hotel said:

Argonians from morrowind on are quite clearly based off of marine iguanas, just like Godzilla, a reptile with a powerful nearly prehensile tail it uses for swimming no webbing of any kind and really beefy arms and legs that sport rather nasty claws.

Beefy yet "short enough so they can be tucked in so they don't get in the way." Tucked-in against the tail while swimming that is. Argonian legs are way too long to do that, and would get in the way of the tail.

51 minutes ago, NightroModzz said:

Beefy yet "short enough so they can be tucked in so they don't get in the way." Tucked-in against the tail while swimming that is. Argonian legs are way too long to do that, and would get in the way of the tail.

as they say in KSP: "just add more rockets tail"

And now for something completely different.

I tried self-converting the mod to SSE now that v5 is relatively stable, my CK crashes when I try saving the YiffyAgeConsolidated esp.

I loaded up the game anyway with the unsaved esps because, hey, I already made the executive decision to pull apart my install and graft YAS onto it, might as well see if it works. And it actually does work, as far as I can tell. I could preview every race in both genders and the only issue is that the snow elves had errors for tails. No crash there, can only imagine there won't be any crashes anywhere else for any reason since there aren't any (or at least many) lingering bugs in YAS v5 itself.

If there is any good reason to have a re-saved YiffyAgeConsolidated esp, though, I would like one because I can't make my own.

2 hours ago, Ramare said:

If there is any good reason to have a re-saved YiffyAgeConsolidated esp, though, I would like one because I can't make my own.

Well, thing is, SSE is supposed to be able to load most of LE's files just fine without any need for porting or editing; it's only stuff dependent on the exe like SKSE plugins that really needed to be updated/ported. Also a handful of legacy texture formats supported by LE don't work on SE, but they were barely used anyway (the loss of L8 Grayscale support is kind of a shame, though, because it allowed for uncompressed specular maps that were smaller than regular uncompressed RGB8 textures, but whatever).

It's just that people started assuming that using LE files in SE without porting the meshes and textures to the SE format or re-saving the .esp in the SE CK to set it to Form 44 (SE's format) would/could cause instability: I don't know if it's true or not, but if it seems to work for you, and seeing how much trouble Bad Dog and others are going through to get YA "properly" ported to SE, I'd say just carry on with it and see what happens.

5 hours ago, Voldearag said:

Okay, okay, but how about making tail holes in all of your clothing?

Don't think I haven't thought about it.

Wouldn't be impossible. Just do a khajiit/argonian variant of them all. I'd rather do that than boots.

44 minutes ago, Bad Dog said:

Wouldn't be impossible. Just do a khajiit/argonian variant of them all. I'd rather do that than boots.

You mean a clothing replacer that includes holes for the tails? Would be interesting, yes, moreso if you make it skimpy-ish (or at least better suited for YA) and give it your own design twist like the clothes from your Skimpy Clothes mod or the Ancient Falmer set from YA.

Just a small request: if you go ahead and do it, and assuming you intend to work on females as well (as I hope it's the plan), please don't be afraid to crank up the polycount a bit, specially in meshes covering areas like the breasts or butt, even if it's not strictly necessary. Someone will eventually (have to) make a Bodyslide conversion of those (probably me), and having a high polycount in those areas helps prevent meshes getting all blocky and ugly when you get them all slided. :classic_unsure:

8 hours ago, Voldearag said:

(Stitch voice) Okay, okay, but how about making tail holes in all of your clothing?

2 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

1 hour ago, Blaze69 said:

You mean a clothing replacer that includes holes for the tails? Would be interesting, yes, moreso if you make it skimpy-ish (or at least better suited for YA) and give it your own design twist like the clothes from your Skimpy Clothes mod or the Ancient Falmer set from YA.

didn't someone post a mod for that a few pages back?

edit: it may be a few 100 pages by now.....

Just now, MadMansGun said:

didn't someone post a mod for that a few pages back?

I think it wasn't so much "clothes with tail holes" as "clothes with part of the skirt cut from the rest so the tail can come from below them instead of through them", if that makes any sense. Also it was CBBE only and the clothes design was all vanilla.

Plus, it's been mentioned time and time again how people in the YA "universe" aren't as concerned as covering themselves up as in vanilla and clothes are more of a status symbol/decor than anything else, and it would be nice to have that represented ingame in a way specifically meant for YA (so with tail-friendly designs and all). I also like Bad Dog's clothing replacer designs, so this would be the perfect excuse to have more of them done too :classic_rolleyes:. Assuming he wants to give it a shot, I mean.

12 hours ago, Voldearag said:

(Stitch voice) Okay, okay, but how about making tail holes in all of your clothing?

Should I be happy or worried that I really read that with Stitch's voice in my head? xD (I would tend to happy though... ;D )

Aaaaanyways, If there will be a mod for tail holes in the future of this mod. I would really appreciate it if it's kept seperate as optional download and also gender-seperated. Would like to have adapted armors for my males, since there are pretty much no complete overhauls which aren't too skimpy for my taste. But on the other side I've already replaced everything female, which I really like how it is. ;D

Status report: Actually played around with character creation a bit, ran into some problems but as far as I know they could be part of YAS v5 and not due to my half-assed SSE port.

Female Dunmer don't have any alternate eye shapes.

There are some other similar parts where there are no options, but again that could just be due to all the new assets.

I crashed while scrolling left through female Dunmer hairstyles, at around the leftmost quarter of selections.

Other than that, it seems all is well. Live Another Life dumped me out into Riften as a beggar (lucky me) and if I can run around Riften looting all the valuable and/or useful trash from all the barrels without any crashes or (particularly egregious) low framerate problems, all during cloudy, thundering weather, I think we're all good.

Spoiler

20190423190509_1.jpg.5865ef16a50f9302006816d960e6351a.jpg

And in other news, I think I figured out to upload images properly.

The correct way was right in front of me the whole time and I was a fool and tried to do it the hard way. Whoops.

12 hours ago, Ramare said:

And now for something completely different.

I tried self-converting the mod to SSE now that v5 is relatively stable, my CK crashes when I try saving the YiffyAgeConsolidated esp.

I loaded up the game anyway with the unsaved esps because, hey, I already made the executive decision to pull apart my install and graft YAS onto it, might as well see if it works. And it actually does work, as far as I can tell. I could preview every race in both genders and the only issue is that the snow elves had errors for tails. No crash there, can only imagine there won't be any crashes anywhere else for any reason since there aren't any (or at least many) lingering bugs in YAS v5 itself.

9 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

Well, thing is, SSE is supposed to be able to load most of LE's files just fine without any need for porting or editing; it's only stuff dependent on the exe like SKSE plugins that really needed to be updated/ported. Also a handful of legacy texture formats supported by LE don't work on SE, but they were barely used anyway (the loss of L8 Grayscale support is kind of a shame, though, because it allowed for uncompressed specular maps that were smaller than regular uncompressed RGB8 textures, but whatever).

It's just that people started assuming that using LE files in SE without porting the meshes and textures to the SE format or re-saving the .esp in the SE CK to set it to Form 44 (SE's format) would/could cause instability: I don't know if it's true or not, but if it seems to work for you, and seeing how much trouble Bad Dog and others are going through to get YA "properly" ported to SE, I'd say just carry on with it and see what happens.

OK Using the port methods discussed before really isn't necessary at all in quite a few cases. But using them reduces the chances of things going horribly wrong because some guy has that one texture that isn't a compressed DDS. Like the Armors from Team TAL For LE. If you don't use the Asset optimizer on that particular mod it will work fine until you try to mouse over or select an armor/weapon with a gold texture on it, at which point the game immediately CTD's and you will have no idea why until you use nif optimizer's texture check or just use asset optimizer. Like right now I've tried both a straight install and a port on YA but neither of them show Mara Statues at all, they are physically there but invisible and some loading screens are missing the actor and only show the tail. so yea not something you (need) to do but it is useful.

Hi, I asked this question a couple months ago and didn't get a reply so I was still wondering; is there any plans on recreating the YiffyAge Apachii hair patch? (Mainly just for the player hair) I would do it myself but i'm pretty hopeless when it comes to making my own mods, I've tried a couple times they just never work. Sorry to ask twice, I just really like a lot of customization and YA is pretty much a primary mod in my load order. :^)

1 hour ago, poblivion said:

Hi, I don't want to create a new thread, and there's probably the best place to ask for this. 

Has anyone created a cougar race? If not, I could try to edit my old textures for Khajiit. 

Nope, there isn't anything like that so far. Closest we have is using the sabrelion assets with a normal mouth (aka without the sabre teeth). But that would still be a lion and not a cougar anyway.

It would be nice to have one available, though, so if you want to give it a shot yourself, that would be great.