Hey Yall I Have a question for the other folks helping with the SSE conversion has anyone had any problem with invisible statues of Mara? I've been working on that particular issue for a while now but nothing seems to work, the statue is physically there but it just cant be seen. various forms of nif optimization aren't working and using Nifskopes "add tangents and update" spell option does nothing either. add tangents was recommended in another forum.

20 hours ago, daniello8 said:

I have a slight problem with the mod... It just triggers my slight OCD. Paws of every actor slightly sink into the ground pretty much all the time (usually its left paw). I am using digitigrade version. Any possible fix?

If it's just slight, and if it's on flat surfaces like docks, there's actually a thing about the vanilla standing idles that pushes one foot just a bit lower than the other. On rocks and ground the surface the characters stand on is generally just a bit above the visible surface, so you don't see it. On docks, the surfaces are exactly together and it's noticeable. 

There's not much to be done about it, within reason. I decided to believe the lower foot was the one with weight on it and it was just being compressed a bit.

1 hour ago, Bad Dog said:

If it's just slight, and if it's on flat surfaces like docks, there's actually a thing about the vanilla standing idles that pushes one foot just a bit lower than the other. On rocks and ground the surface the characters stand on is generally just a bit above the visible surface, so you don't see it. On docks, the surfaces are exactly together and it's noticeable. 

There's not much to be done about it, within reason. I decided to believe the lower foot was the one with weight on it and it was just being compressed a bit.

Blaze69 already helped me, apparently I needed RaceMenu mod (it wasn't listed as required anywhere, or at least I didn't see it). Installing it fixed the problem. Paws still sometimes sink, but just slightly and is not as wisible so it's all good.

I'm not sure what it is, but it seems as if the female Redguard/Hyenas have a tint mask that cannot be removed. 

HyenaTintmask1Color.png.2537b430fde9f846f81f1c01617d62e5.pngHyenaTintmask1NoColor.png.788cd581969140495928b0885ccae6df.png

The Cheek Color slider does change the color, but even without a color, it still stays there. 

Also, have you thought about doing a pseudo-penis addon for female Hyenas? Not something to replace the existing sheath addon for the race, but something set as more common for it, than the sheath addon - maybe say a ratio of 10% for the sheath, 30% for the "No Schlong" addon, and 60% for the pseudo-penis addon, if made.

11 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

Not sure what a pseudo penis would be, if not the sheath they have now?

The "idea" may be the same, but the actual design itself is pretty different; I mean, it may look like a dick for... whatever reasons nature decided to go for that, but it's still female genitalia, so it's bound to be different since its function is kind of the opposite (or complementary) of that of a penis.

According to my, huh, research, a realistic(ish) pseudo-penis would have smaller and less defined "testicles", and the shaft itself would be uniform and cylindrical (without a knot) with a large-ish flat tip with a big orifice in the center. You can simply check out the references over at E6 to see what most depictions of pseudopenises look like.

The most relevant thing is, they seem to have a very particular look when retracted/"flaccid" (as depicted here, for example: omesore) that is different from the current sheaths, and it would be interesting to try to replicate that look ingame.

As an interesting fact, from what I've gathered from the comments (assuming E6 comments are a valid source of anatomical information), female hyenas actually keep them retracted when having sex (because otherwise it would be impossible for the male to penetrate), so if you were to actually make such a thing, it could be set up to work like the "No Schlong" works with the strapon meshes right now. Meaning, the "erect" variant only gets equipped if an actor is top/giver in the anim but otherwise the "flaccid"/base mesh is kept if they are bottom/receiver. Just throwing random ideas around, though.

Spoiler

Thanks for coming to my TED talk on hyena faux-dongs. Next week we'll introduce the topic of shark genitalia and why double the schlong means double the fun!

(Jk, but not really at this point, lol. Who knows :classic_blink:)

3 hours ago, Pleasemadam said:

Is that Devious Device Beast Refit patch still floating around? I didn't see it on the Drive folder.

Must have gone missing while uploading all the new 5.x+ files. Here you go:

YiffyAgeDeviousDevices.7z

Should still work more or less fine with YA, though as stated before most items will have some clipping on some of the races (mainly canines, so better stick to cats). Also note that the Cursed Loot patch will be outdated and may or may not be broken altogether, as the Beast Race Refits mod hasn't been updated in a while but DCU has been updated several times in the meantime.

1 hour ago, Bad Dog said:

Where are the masters for that file? If I was to convert DD, would these be all I'd have to worry about?

My patch is basically the original Beast Race Refits plugins (as linked by poblivion) but with the Khajiit meshes enabled for all non-Argonian races (Argonians keep their own custom meshes from the mod as well).

If you wanted to make a proper YA patch for DD you could use the Beast Race Refits plugin and assets as a base, but since there are several items that weren't covered by BRR or have been added in new DD updates since BRR was posted, you will probably have to add a ton of new items to the package. The actual DD files that you would need to check to find the meshes to convert (and the Armor records to add the new AAs to) are Devious Devices - Assets, Devious Devices - Integration, and Devious Devices - Expansion. Also make sure to check Devious Devices For Him for male meshes for some of the devices, but it's incompleted and outdated as well so most items won't have male assets available.

Gameplay protip: Mods like Immersive Armor actually will work (less terribly) with YA, after a bit of jury rigging.

If the mod in question has headgear meshes specifically for khajiit or argonians, paste them over the regular headgear meshes. Your mileage may vary, and it will never be as good as it could or would be if it were proper canine headgear done by hand, but it's (sometimes much) better than nothing. Khajiit is better than nothing, but muzzles might clip, depending on the specific design. Argonian can clip with the back of the head, but won't clip with muzzles; will generally only work with certain heavy armor or hood headgear. Use your own judgement, previewing them each with NifSkope and comparing them with each other and with the regular human/elf headgear you're replacing, to decide which to use.

Afterwards, you'll have completely YA-compatible headgear if you're lucky, or at least slightly less awfully clipping headgear if you're unlucky.

Spoiler

Pictured: Einherjer hooded helmet from Immersive Armors.

20190505190856_1.jpg.b9b1f578e8a95c975cb6d021d36fca93.jpg

As far as I know, if you like using the digitigrade feet patch and a mod has footgear you're out of luck, though.

Which is part of the reason that I, personally, don't use it. Honestly, those paws are great enough they don't need to be digitigrade anyway.

I don't remember who originally said it, but they weren't kidding when they said those new paws are good enough to give you a paw fetish.

I mean, they certainly gave me one.

7 hours ago, Ramare said:

Gameplay protip: Mods like Immersive Armor actually will work (less terribly) with YA, after a bit of jury rigging.

If the mod in question has headgear meshes specifically for khajiit or argonians, paste them over the regular headgear meshes.

Alternatively, you could edit the plugin to add all vanilla non-Argonian races to the Khajiit ArmorAddons (and remove them from the human AAs).

Or, if you want to go all-in, load up the Khajiit meshes into Outfit Studio with one of the canine heads as reference, fix them up so they look good on the dogs, and then overwrite the human meshes with those edited ones. You will probably still need to edit the AAs to remove elves (cats) from the human AA lists and add them to the Khajiit ones so they have a proper match for their heads, but human races should automatically get the edited k9 meshes and avoid clipping with muzzle/face covering gear.

As far as I know, if you like using the digitigrade feet patch and a mod has footgear you're out of luck, though.

Which is part of the reason that I, personally, don't use it. Honestly, those paws are great enough they don't need to be digitigrade anyway.

Yeah, not much to do about it. If the shin guards/greaves can be separated from the actual foot/shoe part, you could try taking only the greaves and slapping the paws on them to get them to work as, well, greaves, but that's as far as it goes. We don't have any digi footwear meshes that cover the actual paws yet and I don't know if we ever will.

I don't remember who originally said it, but they weren't kidding when they said those new paws are good enough to give you a paw fetish.

I mean, they certainly gave me one.

That would be me, lol. :classic_rolleyes:

Some background: I made a passing mention of it back in that post, but I had recently started reading TwoKinds and one thing that surprised me is how... noticeable paws are there. Like, way too noticeable. I was wondering whether Tom really had such a blatant paw fetish that I would notice so readily, but then I read KestrelSky's mention of the new paws being so unf-worthy and realized maybe the one with the paw thing could be me instead, thanks to those sexy-ass "clawy clompers" (like that name for them, lol). The fact that the new Selachii feet cause a similar reaction would support this theory as well.

So yeah, Bad Dog did such a good work on those paws that I'm preeetty sure they gave me a paw fetish, lol. :classic_blink: Not surprised to see I wouldn't be the only one.

As for the TK thing, I'm starting to think it's a little column A, a little column B. Chances are I noticed due to YA getting me into it, but the paws are too well drawn with respect to the rest of the characters in the first chapters of the comic for it to be a coincidence.

Now that I've both broken my mask, becoming a non-lurker, and figured out how to properly image, it's finally time for my inaugural furry lewd post.

Considering both the noticeably disproportionately large amount of queer folks in the furry fandom and the smaller but still noticeable hermaphrodite kink presence (Redguard, anybody?), I shouldn't have to warn you, but I still will anyway: Avast! There be a surplus o' penis in that thar spoiler, matey.

Spoiler

Pictured: When you don't want to lie and end up ruining someone's relationship aspirations, feel bad about it, try to make it up to them with a little surprise and end up replacing their target of affection. All according to plan.

20190506032539_1.jpg.3cc99c2fcdf211460abb3e4d0e529313.jpg

20190506031008_1.jpg.8cb995a56164f64c9968e580ba547b09.jpg

20190506032804_1.jpg.5d6f39b90a998fed1f74cc762969441b.jpg

20190506032913_1.jpg.c00e1d16788282f3917f0432efb3fa3c.jpg

This lewd post brought to you due to emergent gameplay thanks in large part to the M2M animations pack and SL Eager NPCs.

I'd also like to take a moment to point out that the way her paws bend in that last screen looks fucking amazing. Unintended, but topical!

13 hours ago, Ramare said:

LOL thanks.

Hey: With my new mods (birds, lykaios) I have the digitigrade patch set up so the characters take boots off if you try to put them on. If I used that in YA, you'd be able to use any armor mod and ignore the boots.

Downside, you lose any buffs the boots would have. Alternatively, I might be able to use the same script but instead of just uninstalling the boots, change the armor mesh to something invisible. That would affect all instances of those boots--but for YA, where all the races are digitified at once, that would be okay. 

Worth doing?

@Ramare, glad to see you're having... fun with the mod. Apologies to anybody whose paw fetish is interfering with their online life.

44 minutes ago, Bad Dog said:

Hey: With my new mods (birds, lykaios) I have the digitigrade patch set up so the characters take boots off if you try to put them on. If I used that in YA, you'd be able to use any armor mod and ignore the boots.

Downside, you lose any buffs the boots would have. Alternatively, I might be able to use the same script but instead of just uninstalling the boots, change the armor mesh to something invisible. That would affect all instances of those boots--but for YA, where all the races are digitified at once, that would be okay. 

Worth doing?

Wouldn't that be a bit script heavy, though? Or if not exactly script heavy, it would be wasting system resources. AFAIK it would have to be done by attaching a spell with a script effect that ran a "OnEquip" even that checked what was equipped and unequip it if it's a feet item, right? That's bound to send out a ton of events at some points, and that can't be good. If it's just a handful of custom-race NPCs it's fine, but when 90% of the Skyrim population has the script running on them... :classic_unsure:

The model-swapping could be an option instead, but how does it work, exactly? Are there proper script functions to change what model is used by a certain item? Or to tinker around with ArmorAddons on runtime? I'd say it may be worth doing depending on the way the scripting would work for such a thing.

44 minutes ago, Bad Dog said:

Apologies Apawlogies to anybody whose paw fetish is interfering with their online life.

FTFY :classic_ph34r:

(I'll see myself out now...)

23 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

The model-swapping could be an option instead, but how does it work, exactly? Are there proper script functions to change what model is used by a certain item? Or to tinker around with ArmorAddons on runtime? I'd say it may be worth doing depending on the way the scripting would work for such a thing.

it's just a case of making 10+ ArmorAddons for every boot (a mesh for every race) and setting up the boot's Armatures list.

21 minutes ago, MadMansGun said:

it's just a case of making 10+ ArmorAddons for every boot (a mesh for every race) and setting up the boot's Armatures list

Ya, I'm trying to avoid that so people can load stuff like immersive armors that I don't have a patch for. 

It would be script-heavy, but the script would be short. A big hit when you walk into a populated area, perhaps. I'm not sure how to do it, but there are a few options. Simplest might be to take all the slots off the armor, or set the slot to something not foot-related so none of the armor addons apply. The spell would be on the race, so there'd be no need for a cloak or anything like that.

Unequipping boots would likely not play nice with mods such as Ordinator that use set bonuses for armor. I'm perfectly happy with invisible boots, but tweaking every single boot to be invisible by hand seems tedious at best. I'm also not experienced enough with scripting or skyrim mods to create a script to do it for me. 

EDIT: not knowing how keywords or how Ordinator checks for scripts, it might be possible to just create *one* invisible boot, and force that to be equipped once. Then, again without knowing anything about keywords or the like, could slap devious device keywords on it to prevent DD from stripping it during scenes.

4 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

Ya, I'm trying to avoid that so people can load stuff like immersive armors that I don't have a patch for. 

Instead of messing around with scripts on runtime and all that, why don't we automate the process of patching mods? Like with the Furrifier script.

So, the idea would be to have a xEdit that would:

1. Run through the target plugin/records to find the ARMO records that include Slot 37 - Feet.
  2. Run through the AAs of said ARMOs to find the ones that include Slot 37 in turn (for compatibility with multi-slot items). Probably should exclude unplayable items or ones with an empty Name field to skip NakedSkins and those kinds of records.
  3. Delete all furrified races from the AA races list (aka NordRace, RedguardRace, HighElfRace, etc.) leaving only DefaultRace and any other that may be there but isn't playable/furrified (some headwear include DraugrRace and SkeletonRace, for example; not sure if any feet item does as well but it wouldn't hurt to account for the possibility).
  4. Return to the original ARMO record and add the existing "FeetBootsXXXX" ArmorAddons from the main YA plugin.
  5. (Optional) Allow the user to choose whether to save the changes to the original plugin or to a separate one (the Furrifier already does this).

That way the item still looks as intended on any race that uses DefaultRace as its armor reference (like the sharks), but furries get the paws. And since this kind of data doesn't get baked into the savegame or anything like that, you can just update your custom "YiffyAgeDigiModBootsPatch.esp" whenever you add or remove a mod that adds armor/clothes and that's it.

Never looked into actual xEdit scripting so I don't really know how feasible it is, but sounds like something that could indeed be scripted and IMO it would be better than an actual ingame Papyrus-scripted constantly running solution. Only "downside" is that it requires a tiny bit of xEdit knowledge (like, just getting it to load, that's it), but anyone that wants to properly mod any Bethesda game should be familiar with xEdit by now anyway, so it doesn't count.

EDIT: as for DD items, ideally they would be converted to work on the paws (again, ideally). But since I'm pretty sure most DD feet items would be very hard or outright impossible to replicate with paws (even if we only fine-tune them for plantigrade) and it's not even sure we will get a DD conversion of standard/head items in the first place, this should work for it in the meantime. Either this or not touching them at all so they do show up as they are, of course.