Paid mods and Bethesda announcement on the E3

if something will happen to LL (about LL i don´t panic so far), or nexus (the nexus´ censoring is discouraging me from "productive use" of that page), some people may at once open a next www page to keep modding free...this few bucks every year, will never be a problem - it´s very fine, that skyrim is for years now old and probably off-focus. A propos steam: Take care and protect yourself against auto updates for skyrim !!

Already got informed that the prominent free mod sites intend to avoid any critical confrontation with Bethesda. I don't criticize that, every good man is free. However, that won't keep them on the bright side of life should Bethesda change the Eula of upcoming games in Stage 2 (in case the CC doesn't turn out to be a non-starter), declaring any new mod that has no approval by the CC for illegal under US/UK jurisdiction. And that'd give way for devastating court rulings, thus existential threats against most free mod sites that won't live by outdated Bethesda games alone. So, choose your future provider, server and forum software company wisely before you invest money and time into such a project...

YOU'LL BUY TOO

:-/

I think I might go outside for once.

You wouldn't do that if this was your girlfriend! Girl gamers don't go outside either! Everything that's good in life- right at your fingertips. My god pc gaming and a hot girlfriend that loves playing games as much as guys should be the definition of paradise!! Oh, and CC still needs to die!

sexy-gamer-girl.jpg

271168_880x660.jpg

Yeah... The myth of the sexy as hell girl gamer babe... :dodgy:

Anyhow, bethesda can do whatever they want with their products and burn as many bridge as they can. But it isn't the place of third party website to tell bethesda how to do business, that ain't how you build a relationship.

From now on there is a need to have a consumer reaction to how bethesda does business, and sadly the console plebs don't really give a shit about buying micro-dlc. Not because they're dumb or anything, but because they don't have another choice; I mean outside of not buying stuff.

Do the right thing and don't buy bethesda products anymore. At all. I did this for Ubisoft years ago, it took some resolve because some of their games look damn entertaining, but looking back I'm quite proud of it as I managed to save some money to spend on better games.

Yeah... The myth of the sexy as hell girl gamer babe...  :dodgy:

Awww come on, they exist. In numbers only slightly higher than unicorns and they're completely out of your league, but they exist  :D

Only way they'll listen is if we stop buying their stuff & make an impact as big as ppl did the first time they tried doing paid mods. The shit-ton of bad reviews on FO4's steam page is just one way to get the job done but it won't be enough this time, especially since this affects console players too.

As much as I enjoy seeing the sea of negative & hilarious reviews on their Steam page, Bethesda don't care and the console babs* outnumber us 100:1

They have given up on PC as a source of income and this is their endgame at stake here.

If they can establish a self-propelled mod marketplace where they can passively skim off user-made content, they'll never have to make another real game ever again. Just like Valve. Mah boi, this cashflow is what all true corporations strive for!

* Full disclosure: I am a partial console bab

YOU'LL BUY TOO

:-/

I think I might go outside for once.

You wouldn't do that if this was your girlfriend! Girl gamers don't go outside either! Everything that's good in life- right at your fingertips. My god pc gaming and a hot girlfriend that loves playing games as much as guys should be the definition of paradise!! Oh, and CC still needs to die!

Its like the reverse version of the frog prince. Most of these girls post pictures and videos of themselves playing games for a little extra cash (Not that I blame them).

52947ab8ca3dcd753c838df4375e5dd9.jpg

Anyway. Stupid shit was going on outside so guess who came back inside.

I can me not correctly articulate, you all know English equal to zero.

only so much that makes Todd with the people!  ;)

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=724111354&searchtext=

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/r7AgLSWFz9k/maxresdefault.jpg

Sometimes, internet is a wonderful place. And sometimes it's absolute cancer. This time, it's the former.

Some of the comments under the mod page gave me a big fat smile across my face  :lol:

I can me not correctly articulate, you all know English equal to zero.

only so much that makes Todd with the people!  ;)

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=724111354&searchtext=

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/r7AgLSWFz9k/maxresdefault.jpg

Sometimes, internet is a wonderful place. And sometimes it's absolute cancer. This time, it's the former.

Some of the comments under the mod page gave me a big fat smile across my face  :lol:

:lol:  ;)

Todd_dbac13_5446678.jpg

Todd_666d41_5446678.jpg

Todd_341d97_5446678.jpg

replace the word chess with chees.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

data-laugh.gif

<snip>

As much as I enjoy seeing the sea of negative & hilarious reviews on their Steam page, Bethesda don't care and the console babs* outnumber us 100:1

They have given up on PC as a source of income and this is their endgame at stake here.

If they can establish a self-propelled mod marketplace where they can passively skim off user-made content, they'll never have to make another real game ever again. Just like Valve. Mah boi, this cashflow is what all true corporations strive for!

* Full disclosure: I am a partial console bab

Agreed. The real money is in console users (which I partially am as well, though that's decreasing yearly). It would actually be easier to take if Bethesda just up and said they were abandoning the PC market.

Can you show me your Creator's Club™ ID, citizen?

toddlol.jpg

:D

Whoever is in charged of this abomination, should be gassed. I watched a video regarding the game Assetto Corsa a few days ago.

Which is a racing simulator. One of the better ones even. It was a video about top ten mod tracks or something.

I was completely blown away by the quality and the scope of some of them. Granted, it's a much never game, so that is to be expected.

But today, I was curious about the modding scene. I used to mod the game when it was fairly new, so at the time there wasn't that much around.

A few tracks, a few cars and a few UI utilities. But now, it has grown quite a lot. 

Anyway, I went to the steam page and I found this statement from the developers:

MODDING & CUSTOMIZATION:  

Assetto Corsa will allow for considerable customisation and modification, in order to satisfy the expectations of professional simracers, gamers who prefer to approach the driving experience more progressively, and hobbyists who just like to reproduce and share their cars and tracks, taking advantage of the same editing tools developed and used by the developers of the game.

No string attached, no hidden fees. Complete freedom.

The beauty of it is also, you don't need a mod manager. You unzip the archive, place in the folder called "mod" and then you go.

No need for millions of tools to sort out load order and such. Sure, some conflicts may occur if you download mods that make changes to the exact same files (i.e already existing file). But most mods are from scratch, so chances are, it will not happen.

Unless you download, as I just mentioned a mod that make changes to the already existing file.

That is how I remember it back then anyway, it may have change today and might not be a problem anymore.

I leave that open for now.

And then I thought back on this cancer with the CC. And what kind of mods they had for sale when they launched it.

FUCKING RE-SKINS and one promotional armor for the game Prey. And there was also no credits given to the mod authors either.

Not to mention that they force the files upon your computer, without your consent.

Which I heard would be re-worked, so if that is true, thats always something. 

I'm not a fan of Jim Sterling in general. Unless he does what he is supposed to do. Calling out the shady and upright rotten business model some of the corrupt game companies uses. Like masking something for what it is. I love the phrase "pain mods that aren't paid mods but are paid mods" because the phrase is so incredible telling how fucking retarded all this is. How anyone can support this cancer, is beyond my understanding.

There are games that is older than Skyrim, like GTR2 who still has a quite healthy modding scene, and the company also encourages modding of their games, without charging anyone for it. The company today is dead, but many of the teams, formed a new one and they even made their last patch of the game not long after that. And then basically "said" do what you will with the game. Keep it alive. They also are were so passionate so they even fixed an error a few servers had (for the online part) although they officially stopped supporting the game long before that.

I think that speaks volumes that will echo through space and time for a long time.

I really really really really wish this with the CC will completely backfire much harder than it already has.

Remember, you speak with your wallet. Stop supporting these idiots who pretends they care about you. 

They don't. They only care about how they can rip you off in the best possible way. 

God fucking dammit. How can this even be legal.

And there was also no credits given to the mod authors either.

Heheh they probably don't want credit assuming they're well known in the community. They're not doing this for the prestige.

I still haven't forgotten Jim Sterling's dogpiling in on Gamergate and its amusing to see those double standards of his come out anytime a SJW protected class comes up. He's a cretinous piece of shit but he has a large audience and is usually aimed in the right direction. His skits really blow though, wish he'd just stick to talking about video games.

CC is going to be a total disaster, I don't have any hope that people are going to 'speak with their wallets' in a way we'd prefer. And even if it fails this time Bethesda will never ever stop trying. Because to them this represents infinite money for zero effort.

And there was also no credits given to the mod authors either.

Heheh they probably don't want credit assuming they're well known in the community. They're not doing this for the prestige.

I still haven't forgotten Jim Sterling's dogpiling in on Gamergate and its amusing to see those double standards of his come out anytime a SJW protected class comes up. He's a cretinous piece of shit but he has a large audience and is usually aimed in the right direction. His skits really blow though, wish he'd just stick to talking about video games.

CC is going to be a total disaster, I don't have any hope that people are going to 'speak with their wallets' in a way we'd prefer. And even if it fails this time Bethesda will never ever stop trying. Because to them this represents infinite money for zero effort.

Lol, you're probably right. 

And Jim is a strange one. On one hand he criticize games and game companies heavily and is not afraid to call out the bullshit by developers and alike.

But on the other hand, he is as you say, a cretinous piece of shit. But also a retarded sjw, who has no problem being a hypocritical cunt, when it suits him.

As I understand it, long time ago Jim used to be a real "shitlord." You see this a lot with the most zealous privileged white male* SJWs (who like to speak for the downtrodden who are too deluded to speak for themselves obviously.) They know they're shitty people. Shame and guilt drive them. But they can't stop being shitty people no matter how their politics change because it's just who they are. Inherently shitty people. The devil on their shoulder always wins.

The Catholic church doesn't do inquisitions and witch hunts anymore but the SJWs sure do. It attracts a certain sort of person.

Jim's in a funny position now because he outed himself as a gamer-hater but Gamergate wasn't a decisive win for the SJWs and now he has to carefully play both sides or his Patreon money dries up. I almost feel bad for him.

* only pointing this out for the hypocrisy and absurdity, I'm colorblind

New content is apparently available for the Fallout 4 creation club now (according to the main menu advert and a pop-up message that briefly interrupted my game this afternoon.) Nothing downloaded and no F4SE-breaking update pending though, so while that in-game pop-up ground my gears they do at least seem to have taken half a step in the right direction.

Yeah, well guess what, another F4SE breaking update just dropped, GD Bugthesda!

This was expected.  With the last update, the internal load order got putzed (if I remember correctly, this happen with one of the previous updates too).  It was loading mods according to it's own internal load order (basically alphabetically) and causing things like the UFO4P to load in the esp section rather the treating it as an esm.  Basically ignoring the users specified load order.  So it was known an update was coming to fix this issue.  And they also stating something about handling the distribution of the creation club assets, hopefully removing them and only adding the files when actually purchasing their "useless bullshit" (the name I gave it using the Translate file).  And of course since f4se is directly tied to the game version, it will now have to be updated (and any mod with an f4se plugin as well).

Archived