Paid mods and Bethesda announcement on the E3

Yeah, because why the fuck would you want to launch your new controversial service with as much feature rich content as its humanly possible..

Well, Bethesda has always had an issue with premature... releases ;)

Somehow i still i want to believe they just wanted get this out as soon as possible, and everyone would happy. You know, means good, but ain't too bright.

Meanwhile, in the real world, this most likely is a test so the system is ready for the big releases. Spoilers: knowing Bethesda, it won't :P

Its not a matter of premature release.

Because premature release would at least have SOME worthwhile content - some huge quest, maybe an NPC with some New Vegas VA as a little nod to the previous installment ? Some small location quest like Project Lunar, maybe some Underwater City, Oil Tanker infested with ghouls that you have to secure for a Brotherhood, some stranded warship, NCR expedition etc. SOMETHING anything actually worth real money.

I dont ask for Skyrim Nexus level of mod selection but fuck at least five actual mods not fucking reskins. 

Instead we got skins for a pipboy, shitty PA inferior to the free Nexus one and shitty inferior backpack/furniture collection.. 

Its fucking laughable. 

ESPECIALLY that the Bethesda KNEW full well how controversial their idea is and how hostile the community is against it.

Its like Jim Sterling said ( and i hate that fat sjw cunt but he is often on point when it comes to shitty developers and AAA practices ) - its not that CC launch is underwhelming, its that you cannot possibly think of anything better to do if your aim was to drive the customers away and confirm their worse fears and suspicions. 

You seriously can't get old Skyrim anymore? That's fucking stupid. It's still available for installing if you already own it, right? Be damned if I'm moving to SSE if I ever lose this PC.

For about five minutes the other day, it occurred to me that I might want to sign up for CC and sell mods that I give away for free to PC users on Nexus, as a fuck you to console players and their toy computers. "If you like modding your games, support PC gaming where it can be done right." Then I remembered their "must be original content" terms and now I wonder if that's exactly why they worded it that way.

By original content, they meant original Intellectual Property content. There is a dual talk coming from zenimax.

(Free modders), you exist because we allow it,

and you will end because we demand it!

___ Harbinger in Mass Effect

We have created you and we will destroy you!

___ Nikolai Gogol, Taras Bulba

It doesn't matter anymore what they say since the endgame they are aiming at is clear as the day - the Reconquista of former colonial control that got lost over time due to a common public shift from the game in vanilla as such to the mods that deal with it. They are fully aware of the mod revolution they once gave birth to and today they see it as a financial loss. In simple terms: people play a Beth RPG almost exclusively because of the mods not despite of. The game has become a mere platform for mods, no more, no less. Being not in control of the harvest the Reapers hate most, you better believe it.

To reconquer for the time being actually just fictive market shares they had to gain legal ownership of all of it by an EULA that holds no water in courts outside of the United States of Banana and on Mars, of course. Unfortunately the whole operation runs against the grown communal mod tradition to share for free which smells of piracy to them. How to change that? Well, by assuming direct control. Within living memory there is always a minority of community members w/o much of a say in the matter that pretty much would love to get paid for their communal work. In a natural environment the minority bows in front of the majority - that's a basic principle in democracies, but not in repressive regimes.

So, Beth does what the already mentioned successor of the old European colonial powers does since release of colonial states into independence - they openly fully support and arm a weak minority to topple the majority to regain control and in this case, to get (now real) money from mods by lining us up for the fleecing. The putsch. To make it work repression of the majority that still remembers the days of yore is required. Dare you, pops! To do that they'll either blackmail the site owners and thus the administrations to change fronts or they nuke them as a whole by cutting them off from the market by declaring any mod not authorized by them for illegal from now on Mars & co. And the CK is gone as well. Endgame won. Wow!

But when that happens, most of us have abandoned the sinking ship already. All they'd hear from a distance is a final salute of Beth's canons and then... nothing but the sound of the sea. Yow ho, mi 'earties!

And your citation for that is....?

If big quest mods are fully possible, where are they?

You'll have to do better than that to play apologist for Bethesda.

Trainwiz said several times on reddit that bigger things are in the works - that's why he's been contracted to begin with, the guy's mostly known for his quest mods. And his train obsession I suppose. That being said, Fallout 4 has a lot more technical restrictions than Skyrim SE so it's possible that the more substantial offerings will be Skyrim-only.

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/6ymfla/i_didnt_realise_these_paid_mod_creators_get_paid/dmpdzeb/

https://www.reddit.com/r/FalloutMods/comments/6yjda4/fo4_how_bethesda_monetized_the_mod/dmnvqlw/

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/6x5lo3/attempt_at_interference_to_the_modding_community/dmdeos3/

^ A few of his comments I found with a quick search. Of course you're free to believe that he's lying, not really hired by Bethesda, or that the account is not his and I'll be equally free to think you're a tool parroting click-bait Youtube videos.

Given people working for Bethesda under this CC have to sign an NDA, I'm doubtful whether anyone in the know could even say that much.

More to the point it's not exactly surprising that one of the greedy avaricious sellouts would try to maintain that the CC is capable of more in the short term to keep people interested. You can think what you like of me, I'm not the one trying to con you out of money by turning mods into microtransactions.

Will depend on lot of different parameters, to get a real game of it...creating that stuff like "all alone" is here been a crazy fine job so far. If i would be younger I d ask to participate, i´d create soundtracks and could take care of all audio...and if there should be also artists for creating specific game contence, I could also help....but this is EXACTLY for younger people a fantastic chance, to proof themselves, where they are with their profession. Very interesting-I would buy it in such a stadium to support the development.

After skyrim, that became the top-title of bethesda, it´s very, very hard for them, to keep the status quo. And this is meant in every aspect, from the private employees, who could perhaps loose the job, up to the COD´s. And with nonsense like the  creation-club, they don´t spare any efforts to achieve their objectives.

There´s a strong market with lot of major companies and this will increase more quick and more in amount. Investigations into the wrong directions may result into the ending of the glory times of companies like them. They have still enough $$$ but I think, that bethesda will not be able to top their sky rim with another game for all time.

Why didn´t they stay on that title, that has been successful???, like rockstar has done with GTA ??? They could have made it for first also an online game, spread the territory with the older titles and add always new quests, rewrite the graphics-engine for 64 bit (like SE ), but far more better graphics and overworked world with serious-distance-view and more high density of the game world and more stuff and REAL havoc and...and...and) and at once again to spend the modding tools (exporters, animation-helpers, script-helpers) for professional offline use. The online game could be obtained for the gamers, who wanted so much play the game together, or against each other...lot of different variations would be possible. But instead they are trying titles like fallout...okay:-(

If in future, game developing may be accessible by people who are living far away from each other, this will change a lot. Foundations, like those firms will get a massive concurrence from "hobby-game creators" and people, who discovered their new wish to create games and who could now take part of game-creation projects, fulfill their personal dreams together with developers, that are spread all over the world. It is a coming up new dimension of team-work, with HighQuality-coordination. ...and this will be the problem for such "majors" in future.

This trend will become in future more and more. And that´s very much needed to see also the work of people, who had NO chance in the past, to work as an artist in such a way.

A lot of small devs and even big devs look the sucess of skyrim and are trying to make a competitor to it, and i hope someone succeed.

One game that i am looking forward is this

http://cobaltudk.blogspot.com.br/

All indie devs, but i see a great future on this one, they are using unreal engine, so is mod friendly too.

I showed this in an earlier post and thought no one else paid attention. It looks very promising. It will be interesting to see a finished game as it definitely has LL written all over it!! :D  

You seriously can't get old Skyrim anymore? That's fucking stupid. It's still available for installing if you already own it, right? Be damned if I'm moving to SSE if I ever lose this PC.

For about five minutes the other day, it occurred to me that I might want to sign up for CC and sell mods that I give away for free to PC users on Nexus, as a fuck you to console players and their toy computers. "If you like modding your games, support PC gaming where it can be done right." Then I remembered their "must be original content" terms and now I wonder if that's exactly why they worded it that way.

Who said that? The store page on Steam is still up... :huh: 

http://store.steampowered.com/app/72850/The_Elder_Scrolls_V_Skyrim/

However, at least for me, searching for Oldrim on Steam only brings up the special edition. Tried searching for "skyrim", "elder scrolls v" "legendary edition" etc and nothing.

While it may still be on sale it seems to be.. hidden.

However, at least for me, searching for Oldrim on Steam only brings up the special edition. Tried searching for "skyrim", "elder scrolls v" "legendary edition" etc and nothing.

It only seems to appear if you google it, i did a search for skyrim in steam and only the special edition appeared for me too.

It still seems to be available on Amazon.com in both digital download version and the physical disc version.

It's "hidden" on steam now, but if you owned the previous versions you can still install then with no problem, just did that yersterday after formating my pc

Will depend on lot of different parameters, to get a real game of it...creating that stuff like "all alone" is here been a crazy fine job so far. If i would be younger I d ask to participate, i´d create soundtracks and could take care of all audio...and if there should be also artists for creating specific game contence, I could also help....but this is EXACTLY for younger people a fantastic chance, to proof themselves, where they are with their profession. Very interesting-I would buy it in such a stadium to support the development.

After skyrim, that became the top-title of bethesda, it´s very, very hard for them, to keep the status quo. And this is meant in every aspect, from the private employees, who could perhaps loose the job, up to the COD´s. And with nonsense like the  creation-club, they don´t spare any efforts to achieve their objectives.

There´s a strong market with lot of major companies and this will increase more quick and more in amount. Investigations into the wrong directions may result into the ending of the glory times of companies like them. They have still enough $$$ but I think, that bethesda will not be able to top their sky rim with another game for all time.

Why didn´t they stay on that title, that has been successful???, like rockstar has done with GTA ??? They could have made it for first also an online game, spread the territory with the older titles and add always new quests, rewrite the graphics-engine for 64 bit (like SE ), but far more better graphics and overworked world with serious-distance-view and more high density of the game world and more stuff and REAL havoc and...and...and) and at once again to spend the modding tools (exporters, animation-helpers, script-helpers) for professional offline use. The online game could be obtained for the gamers, who wanted so much play the game together, or against each other...lot of different variations would be possible. But instead they are trying titles like fallout...okay:-(

If in future, game developing may be accessible by people who are living far away from each other, this will change a lot. Foundations, like those firms will get a massive concurrence from "hobby-game creators" and people, who discovered their new wish to create games and who could now take part of game-creation projects, fulfill their personal dreams together with developers, that are spread all over the world. It is a coming up new dimension of team-work, with HighQuality-coordination. ...and this will be the problem for such "majors" in future.

This trend will become in future more and more. And that´s very much needed to see also the work of people, who had NO chance in the past, to work as an artist in such a way.

The glint of some shiny coins under the rug and in the cracks of the floorboard have Beth/Zens attention right now. FO4 and Skyrim to a smaller extent demonstrates that they are not interested in making good games anymore. They are only interested in cashing in on past glory. Complacency is the beginning of the end for any game dev. They may not be gone for a long time, but I don't think anyone will ever see something that special out of them again. They seem to be content with riding the middle highway between shit and "meh". CC is only going to destroy the very thing that has been keeping their games in the public eye for much longer than they had ever thought and I do not see any way to stop this. Free modding will not just survive this corruption- it will flourish with new games. Some would say this is running away from a fight. I say it is turning my back on the divines just as they have turned their back on me. The best way to ensure that mods stay on top of things is to embrace every Indie game or one made by smaller dev houses that are just trying to make a good game. Then if any one gets greedy - they get cut off and wither away. For the modding community to remain flexible and keep growing great mods like Sexlab -and those associated with it- need to be in as many games as possible. 

BTW- Robert A. Altman is current Chairman and CEO of ZeniMax Media. He should be the target of hate mail if we expect this shit to stop!! Fuck their mouth piece Pete. If you want something done you go straight to the top and ignore the underlings.

Check the reviews under the special edition. Some people posted the link to the hidden, old version. Still a dickmove though

Check the reviews under the special edition. Some people posted the link to the hidden, old version. Still a dickmove though

New low for master of dick moves that is Bethesda... 

Beth said that. Now try to buy it and watch where you get redirected and concern trolled.

Also go to the page from steam search, not directly, and look where you go.

Beth said that. Now try to buy it and watch where you get redirected and concern trolled.

I really don't see a problem here...

post-25256-0-18996200-1505043553_thumb.png

...also there are other sites that still sell the Legendary Edition of Oldrim

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-legendary-edition

https://www.bundlestars.com/en/game/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-legendary-edition

ultimately who is the responsible asswip for cc? pete or todd? just wanna know who i need to wikiwiki voodoo so they get an incurable disease soon.

Pete is just the PR guy. He is a smarmy snake oil salesman, but that's all he is. He just defends Bethesda's actions because that's his job.

Nobody knows what Todd Howard's involvement is. It might be none at all; this is primarily a business venture from Bethesda's publisher side and Zenimax, it even has the exact same funbucks options as ESO.

I really don't see a problem here...

...also there are other sites that still sell the Legendary Edition of Oldrim

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-legendary-edition

https://www.bundlestars.com/en/game/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-legendary-edition

I sincerely doubt you're that naive.

ultimately who is the responsible asswip for cc? pete or todd? just wanna know who i need to wikiwiki voodoo so they get an incurable disease soon.

Neither. Neither are even the final authority.

Archived