Paid mods and Bethesda announcement on the E3

ultimately who is the responsible asswip for cc? pete or todd? just wanna know who i need to wikiwiki voodoo so they get an incurable disease soon.

Pete Hines works in Marketing and is the one most ardently defending this venture in social media. I would say it's Petey boy who most deserves to be eaten alive by rabid white mice. No clue what part, if any, Todd Howard is playing in this.

I'm not particularly interested in the breakfast cereals of every Todd, Pete and Harry at Bethesda Softworks, thus I'm asking the question - is the position of free-mod hosting sites in the matter already known or are they still indecisive or perhaps even paralyzed?

I'm not particularly interested in the breakfast cereals of every Todd, Pete and Harry at Bethesda Softworks, thus I'm asking the question - is the position of free-mod hosting sites in the matter already known or are they still indecisive or perhaps even paralyzed?

for me, these gentlemen are all the same, for they applies only that!  ;)

a-lot-of-money.gif

I wish they would from that smother!

[snip]

Correct, but right now they are counting money they haven't yet collected but are just dreaming of, most likely already increasing their debts in a thrill of anticipation.

Should my question remain unanswered, well, then I guess the administrations of free-mod hostings sites have better things to do. Maybe in such a case I should follow their example and play with my pussy instead of new Beth games.

ultimately who is the responsible asswip for cc? pete or todd? just wanna know who i need to wikiwiki voodoo so they get an incurable disease soon.

Pete Hines works in Marketing and is the one most ardently defending this venture in social media. I would say it's Petey boy who most deserves to be eaten alive by rabid white mice. No clue what part, if any, Todd Howard is playing in this.

Can't, or shouldn't at least, blame a man for doing his job.

You know, last time they were saved by the bell when Valve pulled the plug to their surprise. This time they will take this to bitter end, whatever that may be.

Regardless :popcorn:

You know, last time they were saved by the bell when Valve pulled the plug to their surprise. This time they will take this to bitter end, whatever that may be.

Regardless :popcorn:

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

4ca6d5ecb543a3f929a1b086988a687497f06de6

You seriously can't get old Skyrim anymore? That's fucking stupid. It's still available for installing if you already own it, right? Be damned if I'm moving to SSE if I ever lose this PC.

For about five minutes the other day, it occurred to me that I might want to sign up for CC and sell mods that I give away for free to PC users on Nexus, as a fuck you to console players and their toy computers. "If you like modding your games, support PC gaming where it can be done right." Then I remembered their "must be original content" terms and now I wonder if that's exactly why they worded it that way.

Who said that? The store page on Steam is still up... :huh: 

http://store.steampowered.com/app/72850/The_Elder_Scrolls_V_Skyrim/

Beth said that. Now try to buy it and watch where you get redirected and concern trolled.

Also go to the page from steam search, not directly, and look where you go.

I really don't see a problem here...

...also there are other sites that still sell the Legendary Edition of Oldrim

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-legendary-edition

https://www.bundlestars.com/en/game/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-legendary-edition

I sincerely doubt you're that naive.

tysonreaction.gif

Look...Rooker asked: "You seriously can't get old Skyrim anymore?" I only proved you STILL can get it either on Steam if you can use the goddamn google..even though the price is jacked up as fuck (see the screenshot with Oldrim + DLCs in cart ready to be bought/gifted), Humble Bundle or Bundle Stars (both are renowned steam key vendors).  <_< I'm sure they will close the Oldrim store page for good sooner or later same as Sleeping Dogs, Darksiders 2 etc... but it hasn't happened  yet...so you can take off that tinfoil hat and stop being paranoid for now.

[snip]

Correct, but right now they are counting money they haven't yet collected but are just dreaming of, most likely already increasing their debts in a trill of anticipation.

Should my question remain unanswered, well, then I guess the administrations of free-mod hostings sites have better things to do. Maybe in such a case I should follow their example and play with my pussy instead of new Beth games.

Umm...could you take pictures?  :D

But, seriously they have too many fanboys/girls this time around. People are actually defending this shit wholeheartedly! Statements to the tune of "it ain't that bad" or "It will get better" are out there and makes me wonder what these idiots are seeing that I am not. No official DLC in the works, the content they have is a blatant rip-off of existing mods, the download of shit to your hard drive that Steam will insist on, the evasive answers to any criticism, the denial that these are mini -dlc to avoid giving it free to season pass holders, ect. This is not a joke!! They will push this until they have monetized the majority of mods that are free now. Despite their statement of intent to just introduce "new" material. Yeah, it will be your mod with "new" paint or whatever! And they have been confronted on this already and state that "Those already belonged to us!". This is the argument that they will use every single time! Like I said, this is the beginning of the end for modding of Beth games. You were right about dissension in our ranks.

They have watched us for a long time;1947838_300.jpg

Edit- Now the cry is that we need CC because free modding is dying! HaHaHa, what will they think of next?

But, seriously they have too many fanboys/girls this time around. People are actually defending this shit wholeheartedly! Statements to the tune of "it ain't that bad" or "It will get better" are out there and makes me wonder what these idiots are seeing that I am not. No official DLC in the works, the content they have is a blatant rip-off of existing mods, the download of shit to your hard drive that Steam will insist on, the evasive answers to any criticism, the denial that these are mini -dlc to avoid giving it free to season pass holders, ect. This is not a joke!! They will push this until they have monetized the majority of mods that are free now. Despite their statement of intent to just introduce "new" material. Yeah, it will be your mod with "new" paint or whatever! And they have been confronted on this already and state that "Those already belonged to us!". This is the argument that they will use every single time! Like I said, this is the beginning of the end for modding of Beth games. You were right about dissension in our ranks.

[snip]

As a teenager I'd have done that w/o much fuss but today as a matriarch, I don't know, guess not. Just cleaned the bar, babe. Get ya anything else? A banana milkshake perhaps? You bring the banana and I do the shaking *coughs* :P

/signed. Somehow we're fucked up beyond all repair. Known second-rate modders are already quitting service. Hard to say whether it's b/c they disagree with the new paradigm or b/c they weren't called by Beth in the 1st wave.

[snip]

As a teenager I'd have done that w/o much fuss but today as a matriarch, I don't know, guess not. Just cleaned the bar, babe. Get ya anything else? A banana milkshake perhaps? You bring the banana and I do the shaking *coughs* :P

/signed. Somehow we're fucked up beyond all repair. Known second-rate modders are already quitting service. Hard to say whether it's b/c they disagree with the new paradigm or b/c they weren't called by Beth in the 1st wave.

Or maybe a Colonel Dickerson- you know the one where I add some hot cream to some packed fudge! Not sure how much alcohol that needs. ;)

Apparently Bethesda marketing thinks shit eating is the new shit. Heh! I'll give Bethesda my fecal matter for free(since I'm so nice). Now that's a lot of shit.

*No offense to people that are into shit eating but I am not one of them especially if I have to pay for the consumption of human byproduct*

<snip>

Anyone who's ever worked in the corporate sector would likely disagree about "doing their job" when it comes to Marketing. There's a difference between marketing a finished product and setting an arbitrary deadline that the people actually making the product have to meet even if it means releasing an inferior product--or promising things that the production team can't actually provide despite repeatedly trying to explain why their claims are completely off base, have no grounding in any sort of reality, and at times are just plain impossible given the state of technology or even the laws of physics. I'm talking from rather painful firsthand experience, too. Bitter? Over being fired because the scrubs in Marketing promised the clients something that was actually completely illegal and thus couldn't be done? No, I'm not bitter towards Marketing!  :@

Mostly it would be Pete's idea, he is the PR guy appointed by Zenimax, his job is make sure how to get people pay up for the stuff when he see fits to charge.

And Todd disappeared form two times in a row of the BE3 I would likely be guessing it was Todd refuse to co-operated or even been forced to be silent after he objected the idea. So no star-field 2017 unless Todd submit to the paid mod idea...Todd is famous of being pirate on modding, he would never do the idea of paid mods, it is just his nature to be impossible on agreeing of the topic.

Mostly it would be Pete's idea, he is the PR guy appointed by Zenimax, his job is make sure how to get people pay up for the stuff when he see fits to charge.

And Todd disappeared form two times in a row of the BE3 I would likely be guessing it was Todd refuse to co-operated or even been forced to be silent after he objected the idea. So no star-field 2017 unless Todd submit to the paid mod idea...Todd is famous of being pirate on modding, he would never do the idea of paid mods, it is just his nature to be impossible on agreeing of the topic.

I would like to think that too, but i don't believe Todd is against this, in the end, his team had to make the update to put that crap CC, and was his team that make the 2gb download that everyone had to get, so Todd is one the guys behind all this...

Star-Field could be a nice way to make CC less visible, and they need this.

<snip>

Anyone who's ever worked in the corporate sector would likely disagree about "doing their job" when it comes to Marketing. There's a difference between marketing a finished product and setting an arbitrary deadline that the people actually making the product have to meet even if it means releasing an inferior product--or promising things that the production team can't actually provide despite repeatedly trying to explain why their claims are completely off base, have no grounding in any sort of reality, and at times are just plain impossible given the state of technology or even the laws of physics. I'm talking from rather painful firsthand experience, too. Bitter? Over being fired because the scrubs in Marketing promised the clients something that was actually completely illegal and thus couldn't be done? No, I'm not bitter towards Marketing!  :@

Well that sounds like a pretty poorly run company. The one i'm working for is so small that my boss does the marketing, some of the things he promises to clients do make for some interesting moments :lol: Though never something impossible or illegal, just things that take a lot longer to code than he imagines.  Luckily, due to aforementioned small size, i am (in the short term) IRREPLACEBLE :cool:

Still in Hines' case, trying to save face for his employer is expected of him, i'd imagine.

EDIT:

1vp7ei.jpg

:lol:

<snip>

Well that sounds like a pretty poorly run company. The one i'm working for is so small that my boss does the marketing, some of the things he promises to clients do make for some interesting moments :lol: Though never something impossible or illegal, just things that take a lot longer to code than he imagines.  Luckily, due to aforementioned small size, i am (in the short term) IRREPLACEBLE :cool:

Still in Hines' case, trying to save face for his employer is expected of him, i'd imagine.

<snip>

I point you to every Dilbert comic strip featuring folks from Marketing as examples of what I'm talking about. Also the three tools from Marketing in the short-lived Dilbert cartoon. The resemblance to the reality is uncanny!

When it comes to Hines, I'm also looking at past social media posts he's made. At times he's come across as downright hostile to Bethesda customers in his choice of vocabulary and context. Then again it's impossible to say for certain what was actually meant from text alone.  :s  (Nice pic, BTW)

<snip>

<snip>

I point you to every Dilbert comic strip featuring folks from Marketing as examples of what I'm talking about. Also the three tools from Marketing in the short-lived Dilbert cartoon. The resemblance to the reality is uncanny!

When it comes to Hines, I'm also looking at past social media posts he's made. At times he's come across as downright hostile to Bethesda customers in his choice of vocabulary and context. Then again it's impossible to say for certain what was actually meant from text alone.  :s  (Nice pic, BTW)

Man, that Marketing department of yours sounds like a nightmare to deal with. It's times like this I'm glad I work at a dev centric company. Not to say our Sales department don't over promise, but they actually have to run shit by our Dev leads and get an explicit "yeah, we can do that" or "no, this is a stupid idea and you should feel bad" before they can formally take it to the customers :cool: . Also, it helps a lot of our customers would actually reach out straight to us devs and ask, "so, I heard your sales rep mention xxx, now tell me in actual technical terms what that really means. :dodgy: "

The thing about Hines is that he's in a pretty senior position. I would be honestly shocked if he had no say in the CC decision making process. I'm not saying that he's the main person responsible for the idea, only that I suspect he at least advocated for it. It might also explain why he's so strongly defending this thing - once you taken (partial) ownership of an idea, attacks on it can feel like personal attacks.  

You can't argue away the at least for free mod site owners with limited game palette on offer threatening problem, esp. not by diving into the totally irrelevant, and arguing about the speculative motives, the weighting of roles possibly played by actors at Bethesda from the outside is just that - irrelevant. It's a game of chess. They have made the opening move, a simple Queen's gambit, now it is up to us to either accept or decline the offering in our countermove. Not moving at all, and that's what the com is doing right now for being split and thus paralyzed when it comes to decision making, means nothing but time's up immediately, the clear anticipation of a checkmate, the early surrender, game over.

So, it's high time to get our asses in gear and take up position either way as a com and not as individuals. We have to do this to be taken seriously by Bethesda and no longer as a silly kindergarten or pure debating club w/o any impact on anything. If we fail to do so as a com, well, then everyone for himself and that, folks, is not what community means, it's the exact opposite.

We need an administrative poll to know where the com as a whole actually stands in the matter, the only legal justification for a communal countermove, whatever that may be, pro Bethesda or con...

Until then I'm outty.

Taken seriously by bethesda?

Sorry but if it was that easy to make this "stand" of you'res any game company that pulled horrible crap, some that was even worse than this would have been put in there place years ago. Hell putting indie companies like Digital Homocide in there place wasn't that easy and they pulled worse crap than Bethesda even going to court. Of course Jim won, the court battle and just the battle all together.

The only thing that smartens up a company USUALLY, is when they mess up to the fullest extent. Creation club isn't even that bad in the sense of what they could mess up and get away with, so if you think a bunch of people taking a "stand" and saying NOPE NOPE NOPES is gonna solve anything its not. They are simply gonna shrug it off. I mean for god sakes, I love modding, I love modding bethesda games but do you really think they take people that take a buggy mess of a game despite how good it is and fix it for them seriously that much?

Obviously not, because we have the creation club. 

Its here, its probably gonna stay unless they smarten up, the only true thing to do now is to wait and see what other things they screw up until finally, they let themselves burn. I mean, we already dealt with the payed mods crap and guess what, its back.

Taken seriously is not about equal footing but the result of an unexpected impact caused by a group of people acting as one. Until we do we remain invisible, a babbling ghost in the bottle w/o importance that doesn't impress anybody, let alone Bethesda. No administrative poll here and/or on other free-mod sites involved, no communal, i.e. collective action, thus no impact. No spoke in their wheel and the train has inevitably left the station, once and for all. This is not Bethesda's bb gun firing salute.

Get the impression that some of us are afraid of the result of such a poll by Ashal...

Taken seriously is not about equal footing but the result of an unexpected impact caused by a group of people acting as one. Until we do we remain invisible, a babbling ghost in the bottle w/o importance that doesn't impress anybody, let alone Bethesda. No administrative poll here and/or on other free-mod sites involved, no communal, i.e. collective action, thus no impact. No spoke in their wheel and the train has inevitably left the station, once and for all. This is not Bethesda's bb gun firing.

Get the impression that some of us are afraid of the result of such a poll by Ashal...

Whaaaat...

Yea, uh, you go sister, fight the good fight and all that good stuff...yea..

Taken seriously is not about equal footing but the result of an unexpected impact caused by a group of people acting as one. Until we do we remain invisible, a babbling ghost in the bottle w/o importance that doesn't impress anybody, let alone Bethesda. No administrative poll here and/or on other free-mod sites involved, no communal, i.e. collective action, thus no impact. No spoke in their wheel and the train has inevitably left the station, once and for all. This is not Bethesda's bb gun firing salute.

Whaaaat...

Yea, uh, you go sister, fight the good fight and all that good stuff...yea..

Ya see, ya see? Gotcha by the balls, Billy!  :lol:

No, I just realized there is no point in arguing and to let you do you're thing.

I completely stand by what I said before, Some things can be changed by force and all that other good stuff you mentioned but at the same time, some can't. Most of what you mentioned will most likely end up in Bethesda suing.

Gamers can't even properly boycott anything  :shy:  As a demographic we're largely stupid, useless and easily manipulated.

Bethesda hasn't even done anything illegal so there's no recourse other than making angry faces at them and memeing on Pete Hines. Which won't stop them just like the negative response to horse armor didn't stop them. When money is involved any corporation will be persistent beyond belief.

If anyone wants to take the fight to Bethesda, good on you and Godspeed. But so far all I see is rabblerousing of the "you go first" variety. At this point with SKSE64 finally happening, we should just accept that Skyrim is the last proper Elder Scrolls game we'll ever get and make the best of it.

Archived