Sexlab Aroused Redux December 05 2016

The new version is definitely a lot better. Have you started using the C++ function yet? Or is that still in the pipeline?

I am waiting on Ashal to see what they are going to do.  According to him and others, they are a long way into the planning phase and they even had some mockups that they shared with me.

The problem here is that there are so many mods dependent on Aroused that one has to be especially careful.  As it stands now, my testing shows that Aroused Redux takes 5 seconds to scan a 1024 area and only 1.5 of that is in Papyrus.  I cannot reduce the 3.4 seconds because 3 of the 3.5 is spend just waitiing and if I reduce the wait time, it fails.  However, during the wait time, the papyrus engine in doing something else.

So, there is only 1.5 seconds in a fairly populated cell to try and optimize, but all of that is in papyrus.  I expect I can get this down to .5 seconds if I just use the Sexlab existing calls, but that is fairly major surgery that I don't want to undertake unless there is a good deal more interest (only 1200 downloads and 13 likes so far and there are hundreds of thousands of downloads for the original).

As it is, it is very useful and I personally use it 100% of the time now.

I think probably many people like myself are still on the sideline because how your mods, for lack of a better term, marketed.  It's a critical mod and with new versions coming out fast and furious we have no idea what state of completeness it is at.  I hope you don't take this the wrong way but version 8, 9 10... is really not helpful for a beta.  I would like to see in the OP of change log of 0.8, 0.9 etc, and most important what the author intends to accomplish in public release version 1.0.  This is the primary reason I haven't had the pleasure of trying any of your mods.  I simply have no idea where they are and where they are going.

I have written software for way more years than I care to remember and personally hate .xxx beta numbering system.  As for when it is production ready, I would say that it is probably now.  I have been using this continuously for a couple of weeks and a dozen posters with way more load have reported the same thing.

On the other hand, there are a great many mods out there that are dependent on Aroused and I am certain that there will be some compatibility issue found somewhere that will require a patch sometime in the future.  Rest assured that if an update is required, what was done and how to upgrade will be detailed in the main page.

Hmm, this might have something to do with why I'm not seeing any devices applied from Deviously Cursed Loot:

[10/07/2014 - 09:59:44PM] ERROR: Cannot call GetActorArousal() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
    [ (A8002850)].dcur_onactivatecontainer.dcur_calculatecursedloot() - "dcur_onactivatecontainer.psc" Line 1736
    [ (A8002850)].dcur_onactivatecontainer.OnUpdate() - "dcur_onactivatecontainer.psc" Line 1908
[10/07/2014 - 09:59:44PM] Warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp313"
stack:
    [ (A8002850)].dcur_onactivatecontainer.dcur_calculatecursedloot() - "dcur_onactivatecontainer.psc" Line 1736
    [ (A8002850)].dcur_onactivatecontainer.OnUpdate() - "dcur_onactivatecontainer.psc" Line 1908
[10/07/2014 - 09:59:56PM] slaScanner start time is ....11195.527344

dcur_onactivatecontainer.psc is a part of the Deviously Cursed Loot mod.  I have version 1.7 of that mod installed.

Been busy beta testing different mods... so I forgot to come in and say.

Damn nice work, I haven't had a problem with SAR since I installed it (which was right before I installed discworld v.5 on saturday I believe).

I pulled the original aroused out of my load order, then added SAR in and went with a new game and ran from there.... have had no issues with any sexlab based mods as of yet.

But now that I think about it, I need to run through QAYL's beta again and see how these 2 affect each other (as one of the slavetats that QAYL sets up puts you at a constant 100% arousal for devious reasons).

So yeah, just stop'd by to say... good job and keep up the good work.

I've been waiting for a stable/finalized version, since the story mods that use Aroused are works in progress anyway.

This is a great idea and a very welcome addition to my collection of Skyrim mods. Now I might actually dare to level up some with SAR attached to a savegame.

Is SOS integration option in the MCM menu works well too? Anyone using it?

As far as I know, SOS integration works as usual. I am using it and haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary.

If something was changed then it haven't yet been apparent in my game.

Would add a LIKE but don't know how. 5 years on NEXUS but only 1 year on LL. Need to learn.

Liking for a post: Use the green arrow in right bottom of the post.

Ranking a mod: Go to download page of the mod. You will see set of stars below the name. Choose the amount of stars - from left to right - and click to rank the mod.

Thank you for this. Like many other replies here, the performance improvement is really noticeable. For me, SAR make me feel like when I installed Safety Load, then I can load an exterior cell save, or sheson mempatch which reduce my CTD, it make my heavily modded Skyrim more stable.

I'd strongly recommend ignoring people that bitch about your posting method, its your mod and its your mod thread so post how you like, if they have a problem with that they can always leave the thread

Ah yes, the tried-and-true method of deflecting criticism by telling anyone who criticizes you to get out. You know if you don't like seeing people "bitch" about posting methods you could always... leave the thread. See what I did there?

That's very true although you will notice that i didn't actually say it bothered me, i pointed out how others were being pointlessly anal about stuff that doesn't matter

Pretty much like your post :)

But after a bit of consideration yes I do actually think it is rude and ungrateful to demand someone who has taken the time to make something for free, host it on the internet, describe in detail on the mod page and even answered pretty much every single question posed that they conform to your posting habits in their own mod support thread.

No where on this site have i ever seen a rule saying you can not reply to each post directed to you

Every mod i've seen on this site is either continuously being improved/updated or has been abandoned so please direct me to the "complete" mods where the author has said it is complete and will work with every possible configuration and future update of any dependancies

You clearly don't understand the concept of "complete" when referring to software.

And yet you did not enlighten me, when people say you are wrong but then don't provide any more information they are generally talking shit

So please enlighten me as to what is considered "complete" i'd like an official definition please not your personal one as your personal one is an opinion which has about as much relevance as my cats so feel free to post the url for the universally defined definition of complete when speaking about software (oh and before you try it, do not try and quote any rules regarding commercial software as we are not talking about commercial software)

I'm 33 so any time in the next 60 odd years should be fine

Important Note

I wrote a test mod to test compatibility with other mods using the old Sexlab aroused.  After considerable testing, I have determined that if you use Devious Devices, you should NOT use savetool.exe to clean your save. 

I have modify the installation instructions to a much simpler method that works fine for DD and most everything else I tried.

Although I changed the main page, version 10 remains the current stable version, so you need not do a new download.

Important Note

I wrote a test mod to test compatibility with other mods using the old Sexlab aroused.  After considerable testing, I have determined that if you use Devious Devices, you should NOT use savetool.exe to clean your save. 

I have modify the installation instructions to a much simpler method that works fine for DD and most everything else I tried.

Although I changed the main page, version 10 remains the current stable version, so you need not do a new download.

Would SKS INI-tweak help the process?

By this tweak I mean the popular tweak in ...SteamApps/Common/Skyrim/Data/SKSE\skse.ini:

[General]

ClearInvalidRegistrations=1

http://wiki.step-project.com/Skyrim_Script_Extender

Important Note

Would SKS INI-tweak help the process?

By this tweak I mean the popular tweak in ...SteamApps/Common/Skyrim/Data/SKSE\skse.ini:

[General]

ClearInvalidRegistrations=1

http://wiki.step-project.com/Skyrim_Script_Extender

No, that would not help.  The problem is not in an errant OnUpdate (which is all that tweek does).  The problem is that a reference to Sexlab Aroused is stored in the save.  If you delete the save scripts with savetool.exe as I originally suggested, that reference is trashed and DD related mods which depend on it would not work because the reference was removed.

A final note.

If you are using SAR, it would be very helpful if you could post the Sexlab Aroused dependent mods you are using. 

I have tested it with Alicia and Sexlab Sexslaves.  Please add any others that you are using and know them to be working well with.

No, that would not help.  The problem is not in an errant OnUpdate (which is all that tweek does).  The problem is that a reference to Sexlab Aroused is stored in the save.  If you delete the save scripts with savetool.exe as I originally suggested, that reference is trashed and DD related mods which depend on it would not work because the reference was removed.

I wasn't actually even thinking the SaveTool fix, when I asked this, just general ones.

Still, thank you for your explanation. I always like to know how stuff works, to avoid making silly questions like this in the future. :D

Thank you for the effort that you have placed to this mod.

Haven't tested this yet as I'm a bit worried about the above mentioned issue with Deviously Cursed Loot, however, some idea(s) as this mod is actually being developed.

How about a minor arousal modifier that gets converted into arousal once enough of it builds up. Let's call it I don't know, excitement.

The state changes would be toggleable depending on how you imagine your PC would react, but, you'd have the option to get 'excitement' from say the following: Opening a container and gaining X amount of gold/pricy object. Doing X amount of damage (very very small increments I'd imagine). Getting hit for X amount. Riding a horse. Being around creature X. And so on.

EDIT: oh and an option to have arousal states represented as just text or a gauge. And more text info in general - not just a message stating: I need to have sex.

For anyone concerned with the issue I mentioned earlier about issues with Deviously Cursed Loot - I started a new game with SAR V10 and the same mod configuration I had been using before, and DCL worked fine.  No error messages from SAR in my papyrus logs.  The problem in my saved game was probably introduced when I used Savetool to delete scripts from it, as fishburger mentioned a few posts ago.

I'm going to try to dig up the save I made before trying SAR for the first time, and use the new installation instructions.  If I can find the save and successfully install SAR, I'll report back here.

Ok, I found my old save, and went through the new installation instructions (see the original post) and now Deviously Cursed Loot works again.  So the errors I've been reporting were most probably caused by the original instructions to use Savetool to delete the sla scripts. 

To recap: SAR works fine for me, improves performance noticeably with no problems with other mods.

Oh boy. Flame wars to make the vim vs. emacs debates seem like polite banter.

@fishburger I can't wait to try this this weekend. It's about time arousal (that drives behavior for a good 50% of SL mods) got some love. Better even if it was integrated in SL.. Ashal, if you read this... it's pretty important, please consider making it part of SL.

Now, re. the flame war... sorry, I know, don't feed the trolls etc, but asshattery beyond a certain level needs responding to.

And it annoys the rest of us when we get twenty new post alerts in the span of five mintues and they're all you. Nothing's stopping you from giving individual answers in a single post.

And nothing is preventing you from unsubscribing from the thread. You are being offered a free gift, and you have the galls to complain?

]You clearly don't understand the concept of "complete" when referring to software.

There is no such thing as "complete" when it comes to software. Unless, maybe, for nuclear power plant control software, which must be *proven* to be bug free. Generally, in this case, the feature set is minimal, and the cost... astronomical.

Well, two issues that aren't that big a deal. Installing this it first said Upgrading to 10 or something but the next one said Updating to 8. I'm assuming it's 10 though. Also the version in the MCM menu still says it's the old 20140124 one. But that said, noticing a big difference in latency. Some actions that went through certain scripts would lag out the audio cues, but now they're perfectly synced. Nice.

Gonna make the misc files a .bsa like old Arousal eventually?