Sexlab Aroused Redux December 05 2016

I do seem to have an issue, afterall; somehow my PC's arousal level will not drop below 26, even after sex. I am trying to control when she gets equipped with DD through DCL, and it seems to be much better with SLAR, but there is that issue with a minimum arousal.

Sorry, but I don't have a Papyrus log to view, that I know of, at this time, but is there something I missed in the MCM that might help with this?

No to enable logging you need to add the following to skyrim.ini

[Papyrus]

fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=500.0

bEnableLogging=1

bEnableTrace=1

bLoadDebugInformation=1

Then you will get a papyrus log in \Documents\my games\skyrim\Logs\Script

Sorry, I should be more clear. I do have logging enabled, but I'm not sure that I have a log file that contains the issue I mentioned before. I hope this clears up the misunderstanding.

You can use the command dps on the console to generate a log if you have a issue that isn't causing a CTD which is when a log would be created automatically

It seems to work very well for most users. I have only the one issue, and I'm not even sure it's due to something in SLAR, but maybe something in another mods that doesn't interact rightly with it. It seems that my issue only began after I updated Sexlab to v1.59c. I have used the same version of SLAR with both Sexlab v1.59b and Sexlab v1.59c, and it works remarkably well with both versions, with only a minor issue for me, and it won't break my game.

See my comments in line

kind of noobish question here...

1.Seeing version update to 8, instead of 10 even though installed version is 10

>>>>Going to fix this soon

2.SLAR works with clock spell? or it has it's own way?

Clock spell somehow doesn't seem to work.  tried to get naked and stand in front of NPC but not really seeing any arousal increase...

There is no longer a cloak spell.  Instead, there is a timer that goes off every two minutes and updates all npcs within 1024 units.  Arousal rises slowely, (2 or 4  points (settable in MCM) each minute)  I have tested tthis extensively and it works fine. 

3.Arousal doesn't seem to increase like before.

I think I saw someone saying SLAR has smaller increasing in arousal then original somewhere, but even considering that arousal is not increasing like what i've set... say like, 1 arousal increase in 2-game-hour.

so I tried to modify timerate,decay rate, exposure rate but still not going as what I expected

By popular demand, arousal increases at half the rate of the original.  You can increase this in MCM

4.Keep seeing notification message "Sexlab aroused ready to use" after loading

This is as designed.

Methods I tried.

Savetool

1.Deleting scripts starting with SLA with savetool

2.Deleting old SLA

3.Installing new SLAR

4.Run the game

*somehow, there were configurations left out with this method, say I checked my armor considered as "naked" before editing with savetool.

after editing with savetool however with savetool edit the configuration remained as checked.

And also, it seems that clock spell isn't working properly.

Step-by-step installation

1.turning off clock spell in game

2.save and exit after 60 second

3.Deleting old SLA

4.installing new SLAR

5.Run the game

*it seems that clock spell isn't working properly for this method, too.

This is the method you should be using, ignore the previous savetool.exe method.

also, both of methods had problem like showing different arousal in notification message and through MCM, say 40 arousal in MCM puppet master, 70 arousal in notification message.

If all above are expected problem and totally normal, please let me know.

Strange things happened when I switched over to this:

1) Skyrim crashed to desktop two or three times before it worked.

2) I got in, and it said "upgrading to version 10" and THEN "upgrading to version 8"

That really seriously confused me. Is it meant to do that?

Gonna fix this soon.  It is a bug in the configuration that is only visual.  It has no affect on the mod whatsoever.

Hi fishburger,

Your mod is awesome !!

I switched from SLA to SAR a few days ago and my game freezes / CTDs reduced to almost zero :)

As You did such a great work improving SLA I just ask for a little thing that always bothered me in the original mod:

Is it possible to change the arousal reduction so you (PC and NPC) don´t drop from 100 arousal to 0 arousal just after 1 sexact?

I´d like to have my little nymphomanic slut "work" for her satisfaction, so a dropdown between 20-30 arousal levels after each act (consensual, rape dropdown to 0 seems logical) would be perfect :angel:

I also noticed that male NPC get satisfied just by foreplay animations, they seem to have no need to really go for the real thing :huh:

As I don´t know if theese changes are possible at all or how much work they would require, I will leave them just as a suggestion in this thread.

Anyway this mod gets a 5 star rating from me :)

I'll check and see if I can add this in an MCM menu change.

It seems to work very well for most users. I have only the one issue, and I'm not even sure it's due to something in SLAR, but maybe something in another mods that doesn't interact rightly with it. It seems that my issue only began after I updated Sexlab to v1.59c. I have used the same version of SLAR with both Sexlab v1.59b and Sexlab v1.59c, and it works remarkably well with both versions, with only a minor issue for me, and it won't break my game.

What is your minor issue?  I don't want anyone to have ANY issues, even minor.

Here you have it. If you do implement that thing where it takes multiple sex acts to reduce

I do seem to have an issue, afterall; somehow my PC's arousal level will not drop below 26, even after sex. I am trying to control when she gets equipped with DD through DCL, and it seems to be much better with SLAR, but there is that issue with a minimum arousal.

Sorry, but I don't have a Papyrus log to view, that I know of, at this time, but is there something I missed in the MCM that might help with this?

If you do implement that thing where it takes multiple sex acts to reduce the PC's arousal level to 0, then this becomes even more minor an issue, but it will still exist at a "lowest level of arousal possible," which, ATM, it is 26 for me; it will not drop below 26 for now.

In that case I will also tell you my minor issue lol. Sometimes some settings I modified in MCM menu of SAR simply does not save after I recheck them (especially ''is Exhibitionist'').

Is this mod safe to update and work? I have waited an arousal replacer for a long time.

Yes, it is safe.  I am going to put out one more update maybe like next week to fix some cosmetic MCM issues, but the base code is unlikely to change.

Thank you, I'm going to wait for that update then.

I'm a bit confused. Can I use SAR instead of SLA for mods that have SLA as a requirement?  :s

Absolutely. Sar is intended to replace, in a more papyrus efficient way, the old SLA. Follow the updating istruction on the description page.

Aight, thanks alot.

This may be bad news, but I have this problem.

attachicon.gifScreenShot15.jpg

I did something to screw it up. I think it may have happened when I deleted the old SLA scripts in Savetool.

It started with SLAR v9, but it persisted when I upgraded to v10; I figured v10 would replace any missing scripts after I uninstalled v9, but that appears to to be false.

I think I can fix that.  Those MCM menus were added after internal version 6.  I'll play with it and make sure I can get it to work for you before releasing an update.

I did something to screw it up. I think it may have happened when I deleted the old SLA scripts in Savetool.

It started with SLAR v9, but it persisted when I upgraded to v10; I figured v10 would replace any missing scripts after I uninstalled v9, but that appears to to be false.

I think I can fix that.  Those MCM menus were added after internal version 6.  I'll play with it and make sure I can get it to work for you before releasing an update.

Actually, while I was using v9, I had an operable MCM, but I lost it somehow.

Have you tried setstage ski_configmanagerinstance 1 on the console to reset the MCM?

If not its worth doing that whenever you update/remove mods

Just dropping by to thank the author. It's nice to see someone finally picking up this framework again, as almost every mod is using it.

Has anyone tried using SAR with Milk Mod Economy? I'm currently not entirely sure if it's working correctly. Supposedly, pain gain is reduced when highly aroused, but since I started using SAR, that feature seems to be broken.

Okay, at the risk of sounding like the total idiot I am, I need some help understanding the SAR settings.

First, let me say, I never had any of the old versions, so this was a clean install for me, and it seems to work perfectly.  Second, I'm so horrible at scripting that the one and only script I ever used in the mods I write, was actually written by a friend.  It's all of about 10 lines long, and I couldn't figure out how to do it, so a friend took pity on me.  What can I say other than, Dammit Jim!  I'm an artist, not a scripter!

Now for the questions.

On the Settings tab in the MCM, in the Arousal menu, are the Default Exposure, Decay, and Time Rate settings.  I've hovered the mouse over them and get a small description in the bottom of the pane.

But I completely don't understand the description.

What does the Default Exposure mean?  Or what does it do to the PC or NPC?  Yes, the description's there, but what does it mean in people-speak?

I get that "Decay" is a change over time, but what does that mean?  What is it changing, again in people-speak?

And I get that the Time Rate affects ... something.  Either or both Default Exposure and Decay.  But again, I don't understand what they mean.

If I set default exposure lower, are people hornier?  (sorry, I know that was a crude way to put it)

If I set the Decay lower, does something change faster, or slower, and what is it that changes?

Time Rate says it's added to the time rate after orgasm.  Does that mean if the number is lower, the player gets aroused again sooner?

I know, I know, these are truly nooblette questions.  But see above, I had trouble figuring out how to write a 10-line script, so I truly don't get what this means or how it affects what happens with the other mods I'm using, or what effect it has on my character as she staggers pony-booted and blindfolded through Skyrim.  (Devious Devices, DDI, DDX, DD Restrained, Deviously Helpless, Aroused Creatures, and PuppetMaster.  I'm pretty sure SAL doesn't do anything to SoS that I'd notice... I'm bosmer, everyone's equipment looks huge to me to begin with!)

Thanks!

If I set default exposure lower, are people hornier?  (sorry, I know that was a crude way to put it)

When you encounter a new NPC that hasn't previously had an arousal value the default exposure is the value they get (so if its set to 2 a newly encountered NPC starts at 2 for arousal)

Decay i'm less sure about so you might want to wait for fishburger67 for that one

I think I can fix that. Those MCM menus were added after internal version 6. I'll play with it and make sure I can get it to work for you before releasing an update.

Have you tried setstage ski_configmanagerinstance 1 on the console to reset the MCM?

If not its worth doing that whenever you update/remove mods

I did not about that one. Thanks again, Pinky.

Did not help.

Sorry this took so long to answer, I am hot in the middle of another mod.

See my answers inline

Okay, at the risk of sounding like the total idiot I am, I need some help understanding the SAR settings.

First, let me say, I never had any of the old versions, so this was a clean install for me, and it seems to work perfectly.  Second, I'm so horrible at scripting that the one and only script I ever used in the mods I write, was actually written by a friend.  It's all of about 10 lines long, and I couldn't figure out how to do it, so a friend took pity on me.  What can I say other than, Dammit Jim!  I'm an artist, not a scripter!

Now for the questions.

Keep in mind the following when answering your questions:

Your current arousal is based on how much sex and nakedness you have been exposed to (Exposure) * days since last orgasm * the time rate.

That's simple math to keep in mind when you read the comments below.

On the Settings tab in the MCM, in the Arousal menu, are the Default Exposure, Decay, and Time Rate settings.  I've hovered the mouse over them and get a small description in the bottom of the pane.

But I completely don't understand the description.

What does the Default Exposure mean?  Or what does it do to the PC or NPC?  Yes, the description's there, but what does it mean in people-speak?

Every 2 minutes, the sofware scans everyone nearby and computes their exposure (and ultimately arousal).  Exposure is how much nakedness they have been exposed to.  Total exposure is computed each time and  is based on this value times 1 or 2.  1 if it is for exhibitionism or seeing same sex person naked  or 2 if seeing opposite sex person (adjusted for homosexuality).

I get that "Decay" is a change over time, but what does that mean?  What is it changing, again in people-speak?

Decay is how fast your exposure goes away.

And I get that the Time Rate affects ... something.  Either or both Default Exposure and Decay.  But again, I don't understand what they mean.

Time rate affects both your current arousal and how fast your exposure goes away.  It does not affect Default Exposure, only current exposure.  Your current exposure is a computed value.  You set Default Exposure and it is an integer that determines how much your exposure rises each time you see something you like.

Opposite, heres the formula for computing current exposure: ((val as Float) * GetActorExposureRate(akRef)) where val is either 1 or 2 as above.

If I set the Decay lower, does something change faster, or slower, and what is it that changes?

Decay rate determines your current arousal (as opposed to current exposure)  Here is what decay rate mostly affects:

thistimerate = lasttimerate * Math.pow(1.5, - daysSinceLastSex / slaConfig.TimeRateHalfLife)  decay rate = TimeRateHalfLife, so as you can see, increasing this value decreases how fast people get horny.

Time Rate says it's added to the time rate after orgasm.  Does that mean if the number is lower, the player gets aroused again sooner?

Correct, Time Rate Change is rather badly named.  It is how much exposure you gain when you have sex.

I know, I know, these are truly nooblette questions.  But see above, I had trouble figuring out how to write a 10-line script, so I truly don't get what this means or how it affects what happens with the other mods I'm using, or what effect it has on my character as she staggers pony-booted and blindfolded through Skyrim.  (Devious Devices, DDI, DDX, DD Restrained, Deviously Helpless, Aroused Creatures, and PuppetMaster.  I'm pretty sure SAL doesn't do anything to SoS that I'd notice... I'm bosmer, everyone's equipment looks huge to me to begin with!)

If you are writing a script, keep your life simple and just use the sla_Aroused faction to get current arousal.  Most everything else is meaningless to you.

If your needs are more complex, post your questions here and I'll see what I can do.  You can also use the faction sla_Exposure  to get the actors current exposure level, but I can't imaging what that might be useful for except for computing arousal which is already done.  The sla_aroused faction rank is constantly changing as the game runs and is useful in dialogs as well as scripts.

Thanks!