Sexlab Aroused Redux December 05 2016

The only strange issues I've had are with canines, some of them. As I may have mentioned before in this thread, Vigilance had some really low figures, and despite tweaking timerate, it kept getting reset. Now I haven't gotten jumped by Stump in a long time (dog in Riverwood), and his timerate is at such a state that nothing could budge his arousal upwards. Whereas with the old Arousal, I could easily ignore actor X and still see some arousal on them much later. I guess halfing the arousal rate just screws over timerate for some actors, meaning they will never get aroused again.

Or, this fixed the arousal sexual preference which didn't seem to matter before and I should maybe just modify that.

There was a problem with versions below 11.  Download the new version 11 to fix your problem

Just installed SAR and have a question regarding the MCM. I noticed that the old cloak spell is still in the menu (this was an upgrade from the old SLA) so I assume it doesn't do anything now and can be ignored

You are correct, the old cloak spell does absolutely nothing.  I left it there just to confuse people.  (Just kidding)  I am going to redo the MCM menu soon and add another setting to allow you to change how frequently the scan happens and I'll remove the cloak spell option then.

Yes...

This would be appropriate..

It would be nice for all current users to list the mods they have used and know to work well.  I know about DDI, Sex Slaves, Lovers Comfort and Sexlab romance, but I am sure that other users have tried it with other mods and it would be very helpful if people just posted their load order containing mods they have had success with.

I'm hoping to replace the original SL Arousal with this one...

from what , I know, from personal experience, Sex occured CTD's happens frequently in some closed area's , church of Mara , in Riften , as an example.

whether  , I'm using match maker spell , or my all time favorite "Rape spell" , it 's always the same, at the same places.

From what I understand , the old arousal , is likely the culprit , in putting too much strain on the game engine.

I'm hoping , that ,by following this thread , I will learn , which mods are "safe Bets "  hence providing a much better adult gaming experience

Game of thrones like

Download the 1.59c version of Sexlab.  That fixed all my sex related CTDs on two machines.

J'Zargo doesn't appear to get aroused any more, no matter how hard I try *sniff*. Lydia's arousal is increasing. Does the new code take species into account? Do I need to pick another boyfriend?

As long as they are tagged as npc or creature, they get captured.  Here is Jzargo found and I check him/it out.  If he is a creature, try version 11.

I'm wondering: any idea if you think you can properly integrate the Sexlab Aroused Animations into this?  The only version Redneck put out was very much in beta, and while it's workable, it needs some finetuning, 'cause the animations when female characters are aroused override all animations, including walking--resulting in disconcerting and hilarious sliding-across-ground-while-fondling/covering-myself situations.

The only animations I ever saw in the code were masturbation one and I do not see how they are triggered.  If I find them, I will remove them and produce a dependent mod to replace them.  Aroused is just supposed to be a core mod and others use it to do thing.

K.... Been running it for few hours but got a problem.

It seems like Arousal never being increased for NPC due to some reason, even though I've increased exposure rate to 10.00 as default for all.(PC arousal Increases as well as it did before)

-Noticed that arousal increased to 39 to 43, and reverted back to 39 again after few second.  sounds like there's something preventing it to work properly...

[edit]

Arousal is increasing properly. just except the fact that it needs to change configuration like 10.00 to all exposure rate,decay rate,time rate to work similar to original SLA default settings.

I had to make sure the cloak spell was on in the mcm menu, or npc's would not gain arousal (they start with a random amount that would never increase). Not sure if that i supposed to be how it works or not but it fixed the issue for me.

Cloak spell does nothing.  Your fix was because of something else.   The cloak spell is completely disabled.

Hey fish when you get around to looking at SL Romance/Spouses Enhanced, might wanna delete any references to Marriable Serana, the mod author literally took dependencies from that mod and hooked them into his, god knows why ( i guess that was his method of making them compatible; but i do know if you don't have both in the right order you'll end up with 90 meg papyrus logs.

J'Zargo doesn't appear to get aroused any more, no matter how hard I try *sniff*. Lydia's arousal is increasing. Does the new code take species into account? Do I need to pick another boyfriend?

As long as they are tagged as npc or creature, they get captured.  Here is Jzargo found and I check him/it out.  If he is a creature, try version 11.

There is no reason why Jzargo should not get aroused unless he doesn't like the your gender.  Just checked in CK and he is ActorTypeNPC which is fine for SAR.

If you tell me where you find him, I'll do an ingame check.

Thanks for your hard work with 'Aroused' redux :D  The code is working well and I know you have had many people ask about the version number in the MCM. Now that you have updated this, other mods are now complaining. For instance, on every load a dialog box pops up with this,

An error has occured with your installation of Devious Devices. Please check the log for more information. Error Text: Incompatible version of Aroused detected! version 2014124.000000 or newer required, current version is 11.000000

The code probably works fine with the Devious Devices code, but the version format is not recognised. Maybe you could adopt a similiar format to the original code. I know that it's really down to the guys on the other mods to update their code.

You fix one problem and it causes another... Isn't that always the way.

Thanks for you hard work with 'Aroused' redux :D  The code is working well and I know you have had many people ask about the version number in the MCM. Now that you have updated this, other mods are now complaining. For instance, on every load a dialog box pops up with this,

An error has occured with your installation of Devious Devices. Please check the log for more information. Error Text: Incompatible version of Aroused detected! version 2014124.000000 or newer required, current version is 11.000000

The code probably works fine with the Devious Devices code, but the version format is not recognised. Maybe you could adopt a similiar format to the original code. I know that it's really down to the guys on the other mods to update their code.

You fix one problem and it causes another... Isn't that always the way.

Yup i get the same message.

I suspect that my problem, somehow, is related to the SD+ mod, since it only occurs during the SD+ thug quest inside Mistwatch Keep, and I can't recall having had a sex scene-related CTD or game freeze until I got there.  But, someone in the SD+ thread suggested that this mod might fix that problem.  I wanted to get you folks' opinion before I ruled that out as a possibility.

Does that make sense to anyone?  I'd just go ahead and try this, if it were just a new version of an old mod that wasn't being maintained, anymore.  But, I read in this thread how the arousal rate gets cut to 50%, which seems like "cheating" to me, especially during the quest to get out of the chastity belt.  It also seems (to me) that it might cause other, unforeseen problems-- and I'm an unnatural magnet for game-wrecking bugs.  My luck is so bad, in general, that I suspect that I must be paying off the karma for serving in Unit 731, or being Adolf Eichmann or something like that in a previous life.  Moreover, the instructions advise against using the mod if you aren't experiencing any problems-- and, I'm not sure that I am experiencing problems that this mod addresses-- but, I'm trying to get people's opinions here.

I could probably count the total number of people in Mistwatch Keep on my two hands (I certainly could if I threw in a foot).  And, the people I encounter in Mistwatch Keep going into it could be counted on one.  Furthermore, the first time I went there, in my previous game (I tried to fix the problem this time by upgrading to the latest version of Sexlab, then found out that that didn't help when I tried SD+, again, in this game), I used the mod feature allowing me to skip the trip there; so, I only ever encountered two people in the whole place.

If the problem that this mod is correcting is too many scripts running at the same time, it seems to me that this mod won't help my only problem-- in Mistwatch Keep, playing SD+.  I can't recall any crash in Rifton or anywhere else during a sex scene until I got to Mistwatch Keep; and, even then, it didn't happen until the relationship started to improve and a different set of animations would have begun (I think-- I'm not an expert on the SD+ mod). 

If it helps any, I did often CTD if I tried loading directly to my own saves when I started the game-- I often had to load from several saves down, or even skip all the way down to the last automatic save, before going back up and loading the save I actually wanted after the game started.  I have NO IDEA what that's about; and it happened in the middle of nowhere as often as it did in the middle of a town.  I'm just throwing that in, since it isn't as though I never CTD-- I did it quite often, but only when I started my game from the desktop.  I'm sure that I've gotten the occasional freeze or CTD; that's why I save often.  But, that seemed to happen when I had many things attacking me at the same time, there were explosions and things collapsing all around me and my companion, and my 'toon was moving violently and casting spells at the same time while all of that was going on... and I'm pretty sure that that's because I'm running on the highest resolution settings and not playing on a Cray from my dad's old lab.

Proof-reading this, I noticed that I often used the past tense.  That's probably because I've about had it with Skyrim, at least until I get a break from it.  SD+ is the only mod I never played all the way through, basically because I kept running into problems with it.  But, until now, I always had some excuse to put at least some blame on myself for it not working; or, I had other Skyrim quests left to complete while I waited for an improved version to be released. 

But, I don't have any challenges left in Skyrim, anymore, until someone comes out with a new mod or makes significant changes to an old one.  Hence, it's very important to me to fix this problem.  I similarly played FONV to death before moving on to Skyrim... I may have to learn to use the current generations of the Sexout mods and see if that game seems fresher, again, if I can't find a solution to this problem.  *Sigh* 

I'm wondering: any idea if you think you can properly integrate the Sexlab Aroused Animations into this?  The only version Redneck put out was very much in beta, and while it's workable, it needs some finetuning, 'cause the animations when female characters are aroused override all animations, including walking--resulting in disconcerting and hilarious sliding-across-ground-while-fondling/covering-myself situations.

The only animations I ever saw in the code were masturbation one and I do not see how they are triggered.  If I find them, I will remove them and produce a dependent mod to replace them.  Aroused is just supposed to be a core mod and others use it to do thing.

he is talking about SexLabArousedAnimations.esp that's the one that handles the animations which is a secondary mod dependent on Sexlab Aroused. It's a different mod and it probably requires a different approach to fix and probably a good working knowledge of FNIS.

Fixed the version

Yes I am getting the Devious Device version message also

Yep me too.

Ok holding off until there's a quick fix I guess. :(

I think that this is because of version change in SAR and DD mod should be updated to support SAR..

Fixed the version reporting to use the old number for DDI.  Hopefully, someday, these guys will not be so picky

Fixed the version

Yes I am getting the Devious Device version message also

Yep me too.

Ok holding off until there's a quick fix I guess. :(

I think that this is because of version change in SAR and DD mod should be updated to support SAR..

Fixed the version reporting to use the old number for DDI.  Hopefully, someday, these guys will not be so picky

Its probably a hold over from when aroused was still being developed by the original author