Sexlab Aroused Redux December 05 2016

This looks very interesting indeed, good luck with the development

This is a stopgap only until Ashal gets aroused integrated into Sexlab.  Won't be doing much more with this except tweeks based on feedback from you guys. 

The sole purpose of this is to just reduce the Aroused induced CTDs and I am not sure it will even do that.  Depending on you guys to tell me.

LOLl, I downloaded your original version earlier this morning, (GMT). Then started new game did the normal 15 minutes of configuring, unloaded, looked back at site and you'd loaded a newer version with the less dodgy MCM.   :lol:  Loaded 'b' version over top of the original. Anyway about 2 hours into the new game this afternoon and nothing has popped out so far in a CTD fashion and arousal does increase so I assume it's doing it's thing.

Is a basic alternate start escape prison option, trudge up to Whiterun then Riverwood then Helgen and back to do the barrow, (with LL food money options used, (i.e. RP),  because it's a You Hunger/Scarcity/Don't Steal My Crops setup). Only weird thing was that Sigrid & Hadvar decided to follow me around after talking to Alvor, I suspect this has nothing to do with this Mod though - Mind last time I started a new game I found Sigrid dead in Embershard Mine equipped with chastity belt and plugs.

This mod would have nothing to do with any individual NPC except to increase their sla_Aroused faction which the old one did as well.  The only difference is that arousal should be increasing at 1/3 the rate of the old.

I didn't think it did. Anyway another three hours in and nothing has gone out of the ordinary. So good job to the modder, sorry, yourself as it seems to do it's thing. (Well, apart from Sofia wanting to pleasure herself a few times per dank dungeon intrusion at inappropriate points- not sure this has anything to do with this mod though, (although is aruousal based I think). Also Hadvar isn't following anymore, but Sigrid turned up in Solitude, (after a gap of not seeing her around), and is following again - weird.). Not anything to do with the mod I think, but just testing and pointing out any weirdnesses, (whether they are applicable or not), just in case they might be a pointer to future issues. Anyway no CTD yet, (but have a fairly competent setup - but it is 254 mods, so a reasonable test).

Just to provide the author some  info on the results - installed into a game that was using the previous version of aroused and played for about 2.5 hours. No stability issues, and the other plugins I am using all seem to be behaving normally. (Hopefully an "absence of detected bugs" report is useful....) 

Thanks for taking this project on. 

If I were going to use a brand new game, do I need to do the steps beforehand? (Which would make no sense, since SA never installed in the first place)

Are there different steps?

When using for a new game, you just need to make sure that the previous Sexlab Aroused is disabled. 

Basically, this version of Aroused should be considered a completely new version. After all, it uses a much different method compared to the previous version.

I had been having occasional severe script lag problems (frame rate drop, NPCs not moving when they should, etc), so I installed this mod according to the directions on an existing save game.  I played for over 2 hours without a glitch, without running into the performance problems I'd been having.  I took a look at the papyrus logs, and found this:

[10/05/2014 - 08:19:24PM] [Zad]: ZadNpc::OnUpdateGameTime()
[10/05/2014 - 08:19:24PM] [Zad]: CheckAllEvents()
[10/05/2014 - 08:19:24PM] [Zad]: ZadNpc::DoRegister(1.499985)
[10/05/2014 - 08:19:24PM] ERROR: Cannot call GetActorExposure() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
    [alias PlayerRef on quest zadEventsQuest (1403E3F3)].zadEventHorny.filter() - "zadEventHorny.psc" Line 4
    [zadEventsQuest (1403E3F3)].zadeventslots.CheckAllEvents() - "zadEventSlots.psc" Line 68
    [zadEventsQuest (1403E3F3)].zadeventslots.OnUpdateGameTime() - "zadEventSlots.psc" Line 131
[10/05/2014 - 08:19:24PM] Warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp1"
stack:
    [alias PlayerRef on quest zadEventsQuest (1403E3F3)].zadEventHorny.filter() - "zadEventHorny.psc" Line 4
    [zadEventsQuest (1403E3F3)].zadeventslots.CheckAllEvents() - "zadEventSlots.psc" Line 68
    [zadEventsQuest (1403E3F3)].zadeventslots.OnUpdateGameTime() - "zadEventSlots.psc" Line 131
[10/05/2014 - 08:19:25PM] [Zad]: Config Interval:1.500000. Total number of events: 0. Next staggered update in 1.500000

I don't know how serious an error that is, since it didn't seem to affect the game at all.  Unfortunately I didn't save a papyrus log from before I installed the mod, so I don't know if I was doing this before.

Anyway, it seems to be working great for me, helping with performance and no crashes.  Thanks!

Just to provide the author some  info on the results - installed into a game that was using the previous version of aroused and played for about 2.5 hours. No stability issues, and the other plugins I am using all seem to be behaving normally. (Hopefully an "absence of detected bugs" report is useful....) 

Thanks for taking this project on. 

Yes indeed, this is the kind of report I was looking for (good or bad).

Aroused causes CTDs?  Think only CTDs or stutter I get r from xtra city clutter from mods.

You're lucky.  In my other mod, I had users saying they would like to try it, but they would not install Aroused because of the CTDs on their machine.   I too have very few CTDs except when loading a save game.  I am working like mad trying to figure that out.

I had been having occasional severe script lag problems (frame rate drop, NPCs not moving when they should, etc), so I installed this mod according to the directions on an existing save game.  I played for over 2 hours without a glitch, without running into the performance problems I'd been having.  I took a look at the papyrus logs, and found this:

[10/05/2014 - 08:19:24PM] [Zad]: ZadNpc::OnUpdateGameTime()

[10/05/2014 - 08:19:24PM] [Zad]: CheckAllEvents()

[10/05/2014 - 08:19:24PM] [Zad]: ZadNpc::DoRegister(1.499985)

[10/05/2014 - 08:19:24PM] ERROR: Cannot call GetActorExposure() on a None object, aborting function call

stack:

[10/05/2014 - 08:19:24PM] Warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp1"

stack:

[10/05/2014 - 08:19:25PM] [Zad]: Config Interval:1.500000. Total number of events: 0. Next staggered update in 1.500000

I don't know how serious an error that is, since it didn't seem to affect the game at all.  Unfortunately I didn't save a papyrus log from before I installed the mod, so I don't know if I was doing this before.

Anyway, it seems to be working great for me, helping with performance and no crashes.  Thanks!

Found the same thing myself and fixed it on my machine.  Look for an update Monday morning.

I'm glad you've contributed a plugin to the site but please, for the love of everything, use the edit button.

What would you like me to edit? Did I screw up the grammer?

I think what zippy meant was to not create several successive posts but to add further replies to the first one if no one else has posted since then. This is considered good netiquette in many -but not all- forums I've visited. FYI you can quote multiple posts in one reply.

I personally have no preference regarding this and tend to just do what's preferred in each respective forum.

That being said, I have not yet tried this mod since I don't seem to have any problems with the original aroused. But I will try it as soon as I have some time to really test it. Making things more efficient is always a good idea imho.

So far, I've tested the mod and it looks good. You just need to clean up the running of some of the scripts, especially in a large area where there are multiple targets. I'll have to retest later and see if this was because of my system or something else.

I installed V9 (using MO I simply unchecked V8 to uninstall it, then installed and activated V9), however I'm still seeing those error messages in the papyrus log that I posted earlier.  Did I need to make a save and then use SaveTool to delete those scripts in order to get V9 fully activated?  Thanks.

I'm glad you've contributed a plugin to the site but please, for the love of everything, use the edit button.

What would you like me to edit? Did I screw up the grammer?

I think what zippy meant was to not create several successive posts but to add further replies to the first one if no one else has posted since then. This is considered good netiquette in many -but not all- forums I've visited. FYI you can quote multiple posts in one reply.

I personally have no preference regarding this and tend to just do what's preferred in each respective forum.

That being said, I have not yet tried this mod since I don't seem to have any problems with the original aroused. But I will try it as soon as I have some time to really test it. Making things more efficient is always a good idea imho.

Thanks for the information, not at all used to the forum controls.

I installed V9 (using MO I simply unchecked V8 to uninstall it, then installed and activated V9), however I'm still seeing those error messages in the papyrus log that I posted earlier.  Did I need to make a save and then use SaveTool to delete those scripts in order to get V9 fully activated?  Thanks.

Should not be required.  This change only fixed a single line.   If you check the date on the slaScanAllScript.pex file in your data->scripts directory, it should have 10-6 as the update date.  Been testing this all weekend and all morning in areas with dozens of actors and I have no errors. 

Maybe I should download it myself and install it normally.

On the other hand, if the dates are correct, use savetool and delete just slascanAllScript and please let me know if this is the issue for you.

BTW, thanks for taking the time to test this.

I used Savetool to delete slaScanAllScript, and no longer see that message in the log.  I do see these messages, apparently from slamainscr:

[10/06/2014 - 01:54:29PM] slaScanner start time is ....652.922974
[10/06/2014 - 01:54:29PM] ERROR: Cannot call getArousedActors() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
    [sla_Main (13042D62)].slamainscr.OnUpdate() - "slamainscr.psc" Line 112
[10/06/2014 - 01:54:29PM] Warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp16"
stack:

[10/06/2014 - 02:01:26PM] slaScanner start time is ....1069.004028
[10/06/2014 - 02:01:26PM] ERROR: Cannot call getArousedActors() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
[10/06/2014 - 02:01:26PM] Warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp16"
stack:

Hi I've just installed this mod and I seem to be having a problem. I followed the installation instructions, but Aroused now has no buttons in MCM. I waited until I got the MCM registered a new menu message which appeared about 30 secs AFTER the message that Aroused was ready to use, should i perhaps have saved before this message and reloaded? Also Aroused is reporting that it is v8 NOT v9

Edit:  Tried reinstalling, (loaded the named save and followed instructions). This time MCM registered the new menu before the message that aroused was ready to use, but still no options in Aroused's MCM menu (there is a menu button for aroused in MCM, but when clicked all it shows is the Aroused logo picture and no buttons on the left).  I did get a message that all my desires were satisfied, and when I used N on my companions it reported their arousal lvl and mine too, in the active effects section of the magic menu there was also the usual effect, so I'm guessing that the mod is working but just not displaying the MCM buttons.

Edit2: Just read on Nexus that FNIS Sexy Move can cause problems with saves cleaned with Savetool. So I'm going to load in my original named save again and uninstall FNIS Sexy Move, then save and start installation again. I'm so happy I'm using MO as it makes this so much easier.

Edit3: Removing FNIS before upgrading to your version of Aroused made no difference :(.  Did a bit more testing to see wether Aroused was working or not.   Stripped Naked in town (Rorikstead) then used TDF Player Dance, the NPCs arousal lvl rose as did mine, Lovers desire changed from satisfied to distracted, and at the end of the dance an NPC propositioned me and the animation played perfectly. So I think I can conclude that Aroused is working properly as it is influencing NPCs and talking to other mods which are working OK, its just that there are no Options in Aroused's MCM menu. Since it seems working in all other respects I'll leave it running for now and see if I find any other problems.

I just tried to install version 9 (which claimed it was version 8 in the message pop ups) and it did not work so well.

Followed the instructions to the letter on 2 difference saves I made. I like insurance, and things seemed to go well, except for a blank MCM menu. But when I reloaded the new saves I'd made I had CTDs on both (multiple tries, loaded a couple times, but CTDs more than not) and one infinite load screen.

This might be related to my problems, however:

Edit2: Just read on Nexus that FNIS Sexy Move can cause problems with saves cleaned with Savetool. So I'm going to load in my original named save again and uninstall FNIS Sexy Move, then save and start installation again. I'm so happy I'm using MO as it makes this so much easier.

I'll try the entire process again when I can do it in a safe place with no other actors around at all. Probably go kill the witch near Riverwood and use her cellar or something. ;)

Aroused causes CTDs?  Think only CTDs or stutter I get r from xtra city clutter from mods.

You're lucky.  In my other mod, I had users saying they would like to try it, but they would not install Aroused because of the CTDs on their machine.   I too have very few CTDs except when loading a save game.  I am working like mad trying to figure that out.

O.o

Wowzers.

We got like 14,000 scripts  ( O.o )  o all kinds runnin here in our mo' "slo-mo" saves, accordin to script scalpel, so IDK if Aroused is mo' than a bump in dat beastie. 

It's mostly lookin to center o Whiterun that lags us here.  Solitude entry sometimes CTDs, because o' Complete Solitude (used to CTD all da time w/Soli Docks mod till dumped it).