• 3 weeks later...

i'd like to try this Mod out, but i'd like to know, does the mod order matter at all ? i see that it seems to work with DCL, but should it be loaded before or after ? any conflicts ? and to see the Dwemer machines in action, do i really need Estrus ? i don't use this at all, and curious why it would require Estrus to be able to use it

3 minutes ago, YojimboRatchet said:

i'd like to try this Mod out, but i'd like to know, does the mod order matter at all ? i see that it seems to work with DCL, but should it be loaded before or after ? any conflicts ? and to see the Dwemer machines in action, do i really need Estrus ? i don't use this at all, and curious why it would require Estrus to be able to use it

Mod order shouldn't matter - DCL also has effects on harvesting so they *could* trigger at the same time, as could lock traps. If that's a problem disable the effects in either  FMEA or DCL depending on which effects you prefer for that run though.

Estrus Chaurus+ is where you will find info on what's needed for the tentacles/machines.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the mod.

Something I don't fully understand is how does this mod choose which containers to affect with the "Common Container Modifier" setting in the dDEC MCM?

I'd prefer that dDEC only ever runs on containers that are a chest or strongbox. But I'm not sure whether the best way to achieve this is either with-

1. change "Common Container Modifier" setting to 0.0

2. if I should make a patch to remove containers from the dt_containerformlist if I don't want them to ever run dDEC

I guess it depends on how "Common Container Modifier" selects containers. I'd like to know how it works because I have made personal patches to add more containers to this mod, they add the following containers to the FormID list "dt_containerformlist" -

1). some loot chests that weren't included but probably should have been, including DLC containers

2). containers added by mods, including Vigilant

3). I use another mod to make merchant containers accessible for thievery purposes so I also added all merchant chests to this mod

If anyone wants these patches I will upload them, as long as the mod author is OK with me doing this.

On 11/22/2020 at 7:38 PM, Corsec said:

1. change "Common Container Modifier" setting to 0.0

This disables barrels, sacks and Burial Urns - if you want any others removed then editing dt_containerformlist will indeed do the trick.

On 11/22/2020 at 7:38 PM, Corsec said:

If anyone wants these patches I will upload them, as long as the mod author is OK with me doing this.

Fine by me - the more choice the better, may get broken I update again though so I'll add changing dt_containerformlist to a JSON to the planned update list so that customising is easier in future.

2 hours ago, Bane Master said:

This disables barrels, sacks and Burial Urns - if you want any others removed then editing dt_containerformlist will indeed do the trick.

Fine by me - the more choice the better, may get broken I update again though so I'll add changing dt_containerformlist to a JSON to the planned update list so that customising is easier in future.

Thanks for the info. So does the mod select containers for exclusion based on their ingame names that is visible to the player in the HUD (not FormID or EditorID)?

I've uploaded a patch here with 24 extra vanilla + DLC containers, in case you want to add them to the next version of the mod.

For extra sadism points, it'd be really funny to add the containers from the thieves guild questline, for example Madesi's strongbox or Aringoth's safe. Maybe an additional patch?

Extra Containers for dDEC.7z

On 9/28/2014 at 2:32 AM, Kimy said:

Just posting this to clarify that while I didn't get asked for permission or anything, I do NOT mind this mod using my code as its basis. My licence for Cursed Loot states "do what you want with it" and I really mean it. If integration with Estrus Chaurus is what you want, by all means, go for it. I doubt I'd ever have coded support for that into Cursed Loot. Bestiality and tentacle stuff isn't exactly a kink of mine, so someone taking care of that particular audience is actually a good thing and just adds more choice, which is great! :)

under optional mods u can than click estrus and under events spawns for plant attacks. So there is somewhat support there ...

On 11/25/2020 at 12:40 PM, bubba999 said:

I was wondering.... could you add an option for things not to go BOOM? I really hate how everything in a large radius gets thrown all over the place and then I have to look very carefully to find everything. Other than that I love the mod.

I'll add toning down  the boom (+/- adding a toggle) to the list

On 11/25/2020 at 12:40 PM, bubba999 said:

I was wondering.... could you add an option for things not to go BOOM? I really hate how everything in a large radius gets thrown all over the place and then I have to look very carefully to find everything. Other than that I love the mod.

Booms are usually good things, apart from of course when you are trying to find the loot they scattered half way across the room, or worse through the walls into nowhere. ?

Deviously Enchanted Chests V3.10 for DD5 by Bane (28/11/2020)

What's New in Version V3.10 for DD5 (28/11/2020)

Version 3.10

• Added a JSON Formlist to allow dependency free addition of extra containers to the mod's default list
  • Added control of  the "Common Containers" list via a JSON StringList - uses containers' display names
  • Added containers from Dawnguard & Dragonborn - Thanks to Corsec for providing the updated list
  • Added an MCM toggle to disable Straitjackets/Straitjacket Dresses
  • Removed blast (item push) from the trap trigger effect
  • Bugfix - fixed missing information from debug logging
21 hours ago, alaunus01 said:

This one seems to be an easy SE conversion. Ran it through CAO and traps trigger in my 'does this mod work' testgame. Just need to check if it survives the disable FNIS startup nemesis.

Did you convert the esp in the creation kit? Or is it not necessary?

18 minutes ago, Texmarker said:

Did you convert the esp in the creation kit? Or is it not necessary?

Yes. Don't know but why take the risk?

The only odd thing I noticed so far is that it has problems to recognize estrus traps as optional if you activate EC+ later (or for that matter at the same time since EC+ takes at least a savegame reload longer to initialize).

Would like to know if that is a thing on LE too or just a conversion oddity.