2 hours ago, Bane Master said:

Not had any reports of this with LE so may be something needs tweaking in the SE version

Could also have been just a major brainfart on my side. Somehow the EC+ esp snuck below this one in my loadorder.

If that wasn't the reason it should be easy enough to test in LE too.

- Install and enable DEC. Save game.

- Install EC+ and run through the save and reload steps until it is enabled

- Check if DEC sees EC+

If it doesn't it might just be that DEC only checks for addons during its first initialization. Nothing that needs immediate attention but something people should be aware of.

Would you consider adding something like DCL's Lucky Charm?  I realize that the idea behind mods like this is to get the player into trouble, but sometimes you just want to get through a dungeon in peace :).  With DCL I just try to have some Lucky Charms on hand.  I am usually wearing the charm, however, I do not always keep track of how many I have, and sometimes I forget to put one on after a trap triggers and destroys the charm.  This way there is still a chance to get caught in a trap if I am not paying attention (happens quite a bit actually).  Then, if I am feeling adventurous, I will take the charm off and let chance take over.

You could cheat a bit and maybe just check for necklaces that have Lucky in the name.  They would have to be destroyed after getting triggered though.

Just a thought.

10 hours ago, xyzxyz said:

" new game " Would a clean save without DEC work as well?

It might - but I would be careful to keep a backup save if your game is precious. If it works/fails for you (or anyone else reading) please let me know and if we get enough evidence I'll edit the advice accordingly.

12 hours ago, Bane Master said:

It might - but I would be careful to keep a backup save if your game is precious. If it works/fails for you (or anyone else reading) please let me know and if we get enough evidence I'll edit the advice accordingly.

It worked for me on a save with a level 120 something character. Cleaned the save of the previous version of DEC, then installed the new version and everything works fine.

Would you consider implementing a feature (or option) where whenever a plug is equipped by the traps, a chastity belt is also added (except maybe for locking plugs)? There is not much risk in getting a plug otherwise, since the player can easily discard it.

Great work, I love this mod.  This is one of my go-to required mods, especially in SE, but I started using it for my LE playthroughs too.  I really like that it's a more focused mod than DCL.  I'd love it if there was an option in the MCM to disable trap explosions if a chest is trapped.  It's not a big deal at all if you choose as the mod author to not go that way; my modding ability is just barely decent enough that I can comment out the lines to the explosion fx when a trap goes off and recompile it.

You didn't ask, but I won't let that stop me: I tend to ramp up the chances of traps going off in cities to 20%-30% or so, since my head-canon for DD-enabled traps is that folks in cities pay to trap their loot chests so that it's easier to identify bandits and thieves.  It's like a service that the Jarl's wizard provides for a handful of septims and part of what makes every Jarl's wizard bored with their job and disdainful of the general populace.  But if I am looting the abandoned house in markarth and the RNG decides that the traps are going to go off 4-5 times in a row, the effect is an unintentionally mildly hilarious explosion of crap all over the place as my character loots sacks for apples, mead, potatoes, and carrots.  Don't get me wrong, it's still great, and I have a feeling it's what Molag Baal would have wanted anyway. 

But I'd love a toggle in the MCM to disable the explosion FX, because I absolutely would check it every time.  Thank you again --

23 hours ago, alaunus01 said:

You seem to have a successfull follower integration override for non standard followers

Wish I could say I planned it that way! 

The actual method is a script based cellscan that checks for CurrentFollowerFaction and GetSex == 1 ,

To be honest it's not the way I would code it now as it's not very efficient - this was my first mod and it shows in the code, however it always seemed to work OK so I have left it as is.

3 hours ago, Bane Master said:

Wish I could say I planned it that way! 

The actual method is a script based cellscan that checks for CurrentFollowerFaction and GetSex == 1 ,

To be honest it's not the way I would code it now as it's not very efficient - this was my first mod and it shows in the code, however it always seemed to work OK so I have left it as is.

Not sure we are talking about the same thing.

I am talking about the 'enable eligible character to be affected etc etc' enable disable button.

My surprise was that I was able to register Sofia AND she got hit with the trap too. DCL (hell even your run of the mill follower framework) usually just ignores followers with their own ai packages. Which is ok if you want to run around with a 100% save keyholder but not very 'immersive'. Serana is another fine example of a companion who just can't be bothered with DCL. Thus my stupid idea to pitch that solution to Kimy. Even if it's ugly I'd prefer that over not working at all.

I try this mode, but something not understand. I can't control options of keys, when wearing devices, this option I switched off in DCL, but i can't find such option in Deviously Enchanted Chests, options of keys blocked and nothing to do?

Traps only on chests and containers, no dangerous plants? I find in FMEA EC+, but it is only one function, it is strange - use all FMEA for this. I searching for way to refuse DCL, because too many useless content, but Deviously Enchanted Chests looking too simple ?.

On 12/6/2020 at 1:32 PM, xyzxyz said:

" new game " Would a clean save without DEC work as well?

If you ever had Devious Devices 4.3 active in your savegame you might be in for a rude surprise. Any dd4,3 leftovers and you cannot unequip any device put on at all. Good luck scrubbing that from your save.

3 minutes ago, alaunus01 said:

If you ever had Devious Devices 4.3 active in your savegame you might be in for a rude surprise. Any dd4,3 leftovers and you cannot unequip any device put on at all. Good luck scrubbing that from your save.

Thank you for the hint^^ I stick to the old DD for now since I see no reason or new content in the supporting mods.

20 hours ago, alaunus01 said:

It worked for me, but I guess it's because my save cleaner actually cleans the save.

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if there's just something I'm missing, but I've gotten a locking vaginal plug that it seems is impossible to remove. All three parameters are 'impossible' and it can't just be taken out through the inventory DD popup like other plugs with the same escape parameters. Is there a fix for this, or is it intended and I'm just dumb?

1 hour ago, AGFeng said:

I've gotten a locking vaginal plug that it seems is impossible to remove.

This doesn't add any new devious devices to the game.  I would start by identifying where that plug came from, and then ask the author of the mod about he impossible settings.  For example, if the plug is named "Impossible Plug", you can do:

help "impossible plug" 4

in the console to get its ID.  The first 2 digits are the mod index, which you can then look up in your mod list.  The creator of that device should be able to help explain why the device works that way and what you should do.

8 minutes ago, HexBolt8 said:

This doesn't add any new devious devices to the game.  I would start by identifying where that plug came from, and then ask the author of the mod about he impossible settings.  For example, if the plug is named "Impossible Plug", you can do:

help "impossible plug" 4

in the console to get its ID.  The first 2 digits are the mod index, which you can then look up in your mod list.  The creator of that device should be able to help explain why the device works that way and what you should do.

It's simply Locking Vaginal Plug, and it's from base DD if I'm not mistaken, because I don't remember it being one of the devices in ZAP8.5. Upon playing around with things a little bit, I found that an Ornate skeleton key in particular could unlock it, but I couldn't see a way those would be obtained other than through AddItemMenu like I did.