20 minutes ago, donkeywho said:

OK, I shall need to have a look.  Er, how do I do that

Examine the house mod in a mod editor.  The interior cell(s) should be assigned to a Location (if not, that's a fail right there).  The Location must have the LocTypePlayerHouse keyword.  If it doesn't, you can solve the problem by adding it and saving the change (however, do not edit a vanilla Location, only one that's added by the mod).

1 hour ago, HexBolt8 said:

Examine the house mod in a mod editor.  The interior cell(s) should be assigned to a Location (if not, that's a fail right there).  The Location must have the LocTypePlayerHouse keyword.  If it doesn't, you can solve the problem by adding it and saving the change (however, do not edit a vanilla Location, only one that's added by the mod).

Thanks vm

Had a look in SSEEdit, but I think I will need to do some further reading up tomorrow ? 

On 9/14/2021 at 11:34 PM, HexBolt8 said:

@HexBolt8

Hi again

OK.  I think that I've now done that.  The picture attached shows what I added to the relevant esp, ie one additional Keyword as spec'd above. 

The saved. active one, is now dated on the date I made the change, and loading that up, the change is still there, as can be seen in the pic

However, when I try this mod again, with the 'City' chance turned up to 1000 out of 1000, Bingo!, opening a chest in what should now be a Player Home will still add all sorts of DDs to the PC

Now, it may well be that I have screwed up because I don't know what I'm doing - I'd rate the chances of that as possibly 2000 out of 1000 LOL - so I'd really welcome any tips as to whether or not what I have done is just plain wrong or, if not, is there anything else I might try?

TIA for any help you can offer on this

IMG_6655.jpg

8 hours ago, donkeywho said:

I think that I've now done that.

You were probably only trying this as a test, but as a reminder, it's bad to modify a vanilla location.  It this case, anything in the Riverwood location will now be treated as a player home by Skyrim.  To avoid cluttering the mod discussion, I'll put the rest in a spoiler:

Spoiler

Theoretically, your change should have worked, but something else might also have been modifying the Riverwood location.  Also, I'm not certain if the keywords will get picked up if you don't leave & reenter the cell.

The player house mod author was careless.  Not only does the house use the vanilla Riverwood location, it lacks the right keywords, so you wouldn't get the well rested bonus.  The mod also has a dirty edit to the Sleeping Giant Inn.

I started making the necessary changes to take a screen shot, then I realized I could just save it and give it to you.  I'll PM you the file so as not to junk up the enchanted chest discussion, but basically I created a new location, gave it the right keywords, assigned RiverwoodLocation as its parent, and assigned it as the location of the house cell.  I also removed your edit to RiverwoodLocation as well as the author's dirty edit.  I made the edits with LE, but it will work fine for you on SE.  However, if that bothers you, just open and resave the esp.

When you test the changes, be sure to leave and reenter the house before opening a chest.

7 minutes ago, HexBolt8 said:

You were probably only trying this as a test, but as a reminder, it's bad to modify a vanilla location.  It this case, anything in the Riverwood location will now be treated as a player home by Skyrim.  To avoid cluttering the mod discussion, I'll put the rest in a spoiler:

Hide contents

Theoretically, your change should have worked, but something else might also have been modifying the Riverwood location.  Also, I'm not certain if the keywords will get picked up if you don't leave & reenter the cell.

The player house mod author was careless.  Not only does the house use the vanilla Riverwood location, it lacks the right keywords, so you wouldn't get the well rested bonus.  The mod also has a dirty edit to the Sleeping Giant Inn.

I started making the necessary changes to take a screen shot, then I realized I could just save it and give it to you.  I'll PM you the file so as not to junk up the enchanted chest discussion, but basically I created a new location, gave it the right keywords, assigned RiverwoodLocation as its parent, and assigned it as the location of the house cell.  I also removed your edit to RiverwoodLocation as well as the author's dirty edit.  I made the edits with LE, but it will work fine for you on SE.  However, if that bothers you, just open and resave the esp.

When you test the changes, be sure to leave and reenter the house before opening a chest.

As you have realised, I don't know too much about the tech stuff, but even from the little I do understand, I had been a wee bit suspicious when I saw just how much seemed to have been cloned off basic Riverwood  

I've got your amended esp version and hope to be able to try it out either tonight, or sometime tomorrow

And thanks for going well and above the call of duty ..... ?

Summary post 19/09/21 (as referred to above)

1 - Thanks to @HexBolt8 and all the others who kindly offered their help with my problem

2 - That problem was related to my 'house' not being properly set up by its author as a 'Player Home Location' - maybe deliberately, given its location and where you would first encounter it in the game.   So, if you have similar issues to those which I thought I was seeing, ie this mod firing in what should seem to be a safe place, that is probably the first thing to check, ie are you really in a 'player home'.  I've left up the relevant posts to provide help on that, should anyone want it

3 - Taking account of that and all the other +ve feedback from others, this mod almost certainly does what it says on the tin, so don't be put off using it because of my not knowing what I'm doing :P

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Hiderius said:

I maxed out Dungeon, Wilderness and town chance to 1000 and my characters arousal is maxed out to 100. Yet when I look through containers, furniture and pick flowers nothing nothing happens. The mod is activated in the MCM and I have the mod at the very bottom, is their a reason nothing happens

Yes - either an MCM setting is stopping events from occurring or something is broken in your game.

If you switch on debug in the MCM you should get messages telling you why a trap is triggered or not - be aware that if you open the DEC mcm the next container you open will not trigger an event. Also once you have opened a container it will not have a chance to fire again until you have opened a large number (from memory 100) other containers.

If that doesn't help you can post a log covering opening some containers and I will take a look.

5 minutes ago, Riding-Weeb said:

Does this Mod drop Keys?

It says so on the description page.

On 9/27/2014 at 8:53 PM, Bane Master said:

To allow for a bit more playability there is also an option to allow devious keys to be found in containers or on corpses. Again this feature is highly customizable.

With the chances I didn't expect many traps from containers and etc. To my surprise I got hit by one, but I wasn't happy at all when it instantly crashed my game. Has anyone experienced this, and are there any fixes to it? All of my mods are up to date, same goes for Skyrim, and I have followed every requirement for the mod.

Thanks! ❤️

4 hours ago, IamAndrea said:

To my surprise I got hit by one, but I wasn't happy at all when it instantly crashed my game.

If you experience game crashes, a good idea is to enable papyrus logging, recreate the crash, then look toward the end of the log file for obvious problems.  If you can't figure out what the log is telling you, Bane Master might be willing to help.  Also, just covering the obvious, be sure that you've installed any crash fixes available for your version of Skyrim.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

Bane Master could answer this better, but for me it's a lightweight alternative to DCL if all I want is a good way to add keys to containers, plus a few trapped chests (especially the Dwemer traps).

Sure. my question is more about the drops, if this mod balance it better.

my patience with cursed loot has come to an end, especially because it ignores the settings of devious devices itself,.

12 hours ago, shiagwen said:

about the drops,

You can set the drop rates for items and keys down to 1 in 1000 if you wish.

Hexbolt8 is exactly correct in his description - this is a lightweight mod that adds device equip by container traps and an optional link to Estrus Chaurus for the traps as well. Optional Key drops form Containers and NPC corpses are also included.

Equipping devices and dropping keys are all this mod is designed to do  - any consequences of being tied up will need to come from the various other devious mods out there.

On 12/13/2021 at 1:10 PM, Bane Master said:

Equipping devices and dropping keys are all this mod is designed to do  - any consequences of being tied up will need to come from the various other devious mods out there.

Could you perhaps tweak the drop rate formula slightly? During my last test with high drop rates – and guaranteed devices – I got the arm cuffs and leg cuffs again and again as if there was nothing else. Furthermore I got red leather, white leather and pink ebonite though I insisted on black leather (via menu entry).

Edited by Veldon

Understand that mod is Deviously Enchanted "CHESTS"... any thought of adding looting of dead bodies as trigger for trap? I have been using this in replacement for DCL and that is one of the differences I miss. Also a big fan of FMEA - thank you for that as well! - and like the world being dangerous when you interact with stuff.

On 9/28/2014 at 2:53 AM, Bane Master said:

Deviously Enchanted Chests

View File

Deviously Enchanted Chests V3.11 for DD5 by Bane (SE 11/04/2020)

DESCRIPTION

Rumours are circulating that a cache of ancient scrolls bearing a terrifying new enchantments have recently been discovered.

Some say these scrolls can create a protective enchantment on a chest or even an ordinary container that will lock anyone opening the chest without permission into devious bondage. Others claim the enchantment binds a sinister creature to the chest that will do unspeakable things to any woman foolish enough to come within its grasp.

Recently there are claims of strange Dwemer devices that drain sexual energy from the victim leaving them almost helpless. Why the Dwemer ever wanted to collect female sexual energy no one has discovered - yet....

Updating

It should be OK to upgrade from Version  3.x to 3.11 - if you experience any issues then clean your save and reinstall

Upgrading from Version 2.x to Version 3.0+ requires DD5 and a new game - no exceptions

It is safe to update from Version 2.22 to 2.24 

It should be OK to update from Version 2.20 to 2.24 - if you experience any issues then clean your save and reinstall

If you have updated EC+ then a clean save is required for Deviously Enchanted Chests to ensure it can correctly trigger EC+ animations.

How the mod works:

Reveal hidden contents

Whenever you loot a container, there is a chance that it will be protected by a enchantment that will lock a number of devious devices on you.

The chance for this to happen is highly customizable with the base value in any location set as the chance in 1000. This means that you can set the event to be so rare it might only trigger once (or even never!) in an entire play through or you can chose to have every container in Skyrim explode when you touch it!

In addition if you have Estrus Chaurus+ installed you can select to have some, or all of the traps as estrus tentacle traps and/or Dwemer Machine traps.

• Tentacle traps implant Charus eggs into the victim using the Estrus Chaurus effect
  • Dwemer machines force victims to orgasm until exhausted and unable to fight or cast magic effectively without rest.

To allow for a bit more playability there is also an option to allow devious keys to be found in containers or on corpses. Again this feature is highly customizable.

Oh – by the way, did I mention that enchanted traps go bang! It is likely that if the owners of the chest are nearby they will come to see what is going on, so they might find you helpless, maybe even deviously helpless…

REQUIRED MODS LE

Dawnguard

Dragonborn

SkyUI v5.1 
SexLab 1.62+
SexLab Aroused v20140124 or Sexlab Aroused Redux 16+

Devious Devices V5.0

REQUIRED MODS SE

Dawnguard

Dragonborn

SkyUI v5.2SE 
SexLab 1.63+
SexLab Aroused SE 

Devious Devices SE V5.0+

OPTIONAL

Estrus Chaurus+ v4.34+
Captured Dreams v3.84+

ALSO RECOMMENDED

Any Mod that takes advantage/interacts with of victims of devious devices

INSTALLATION

Install using NMM or ModOrganiser – make a save first so you can go back if you don’t like the mod or it makes the world explode!

PERMISSIONS

Under no circumstance can this mod or any of its parts be posted outsides of LL without my permission

CREDITS

The idea for this mod and the code it is originally based on come from Deviously Cursed Loot by Kimy.

Thanks Kimy! Without your work I would never have got this project off the ground…

Many thanks to:

• Xaz for letting me use his Crowd AI Packages to handle attacks on tentacle victims
  • Min for the Dwemer Machine sound Fx

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    09/27/2014
  • Category
  • Requires

• Special Edition Compatible
    Yes

ok. i prefer the mcm of devious captured, here you can exclude items that prevent sex. to me, it doesnt make sense to put a girl into devices to make her helpless to rape her easily, but the devices do not allow sex. This is mindless.

so you have to differentiate at least between ball/panel gags and ringgags, chastityharness and slaveharness, etc.  yoke and armbinder do not allow any animations, shame.

your ecploding chests do not make much sense, just preventing sex where you dont have sex anyway.  the rape that maybe follows is a desaster of non functiuonality of dd.