• 4 weeks later...

Feature Suggestion:  Scaling factors for key drops from different types of containers.

This mod is the primary means of introducing keys in my game.  Most containers are sacks and barrels, so I was mainly finding keys by rummaging through food sacks and barrels.  While a person might think it's clever to hide a key there, it seems unlikely.  Someone looking for an apple could find that chastity key. 

I made a few minor changes to the script that evaluates key drops, and I've been pleased with the result.  I mostly find keys now on corpses or in furniture containers.  Hard coding was good enough for my purposes, but I thought I'd share the idea in case it's something you want to add as a feature.  

I categorized containers by corpse or container, by looking for a substring in the name then applying a scaling factor to multiply the base chance for a key to be found:  default = 1, male corpse = 10, female corpse = 4, safe = 10, strongbox = 6, chest = 2, sack = 0, barrel = 0.  I ended up excluding corpses with "draugr" or "skeleton" in the name.  My choices are subjective; I'm just providing them as an example.  (I had to add SafeWithLock to the mod's container form list.  I also added TreasSatchel because it seemed reasonable.)

2 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

Feature Suggestion:  Scaling factors for key drops from different types of containers.

I like the idea - care to PM me your code (no point in reinventing it) and I'll look at integration with some MCM sliders for an update

• 1 month later...
On 6/28/2020 at 4:55 PM, HexBolt8 said:

This mod is the primary means of introducing keys in my game.  Most containers are sacks and barrels, so I was mainly finding keys by rummaging through food sacks and barrels.  While a person might think it's clever to hide a key there, it seems unlikely.  Someone looking for an apple could find that chastity key. 

I made a few minor changes to the script that evaluates key drops, and I've been pleased with the result.  I mostly find keys now on corpses or in furniture containers.  Hard coding was good enough for my purposes, but I thought I'd share the idea in case it's something you want to add as a feature.  

I categorized containers by corpse or container, by looking for a substring in the name then applying a scaling factor to multiply the base chance for a key to be found:  default = 1, male corpse = 10, female corpse = 4, safe = 10, strongbox = 6, chest = 2, sack = 0, barrel = 0.  I ended up excluding corpses with "draugr" or "skeleton" in the name.  My choices are subjective; I'm just providing them as an example.  (I had to add SafeWithLock to the mod's container form list.  I also added TreasSatchel because it seemed reasonable.)

I think your choices are logical and not just subjective, even if some of them could be more or less depending on opinion. It's about what's realistic and believable and that can be figured out by simply using your brain (which you have done). Draugr and skeletons can't really have keys unless they have clothes with pockets for example. This made me think again about my settings for Deviously Cursed Loot. It is a bit too generous with some containers, which encourages behaviour like digging through trash (something only beggars do). Can your code be used for that mod?

4 hours ago, saltshade said:

Can your code be used for that mod?

No.  I just modified this mod's scripts slightly and hard-coded factors for key drops depending on the container.  If DCL doesn't distinguish between types of containers for key drops, perhaps you could suggest that as a feature. 

2 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

No.  I just modified this mod's scripts slightly and hard-coded factors for key drops depending on the container.  If DCL doesn't distinguish between types of containers for key drops, perhaps you could suggest that as a feature. 

It does, but only for the traps I think. It has no separate settings for keys. Can you upload your script so I can test it with this mod?

1 hour ago, saltshade said:

It does, but only for the traps I think. It has no separate settings for keys.

That could still be a really good suggestion for DCL, if you care to make it.  That's probably a small effort if Kimy chooses to do it.

1 hour ago, saltshade said:

Can you upload your script so I can test it with this mod?

I'll message it to you.

• 1 month later...

The Animations doesnt seem to fire. The only thing i see and hear are the lost of Stamina over time and mana and the vibrating sound. But i dont get any Animations? I have Zaz animations loaded so it should work? Or are the Animations from Estrus SE? I have activated this too

I use the Devious Chests SE variant

3 hours ago, Baltasarr80 said:

The Animations doesnt seem to fire. The only thing i see and hear are the lost of Stamina over time and mana and the vibrating sound. But i dont get any Animations? I have Zaz animations loaded so it should work? Or are the Animations from Estrus SE? I have activated this too

I use the Devious Chests SE variant

If the animations aren't happening there is an issue with your EC+ setup. All DEC does is call the animation event from EC.

Deviously Enchanted Chests V3.00beta1 for DD5 by Bane (18/10/2020)

Please notes this is a beta version - please feedback on any DEC (as opposed to DD framework) related issues 

What's New in Version V3.00beta1 for DD5 (18102020)

Released 

Version 3.30.beta1

• Updated to support Devious Devices V5 (Not compatible with DD4!!)
  • Increased range of devices and types supported with potential to add more as desired/required
  • Allow Males toggle now includes male followers 
17 minutes ago, LazyBoot said:

What sort of "external support" would be required? anything beyond what comes in the DD5 install already?

I'm no expert on this but my understanding was that the DD framework only supports females  but there are other mods that make DDs work for males.