What really pisses you off? please no posts about nexus lol

2 hours ago, ToJKa said:

Well, shit.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/8/18/21372435/oculus-facebook-login-change-separate-account-support-end-quest-october

Should have seen that one coming.

Oh well, maybe Valve can sort out the Index production by 2023 ?

Fuck! At least I shouldn't be affected in the long run (at first)

Old headsets using non-linked accounts will still work, but some games and apps may no longer function

1 hour ago, Grey Cloud said:

Having to put up with a government so stupid it makes Trump look like Einstein. At least Trump hasn't disappeared, which is more than can be said for our P.M.

P.M. ah you mean Cumming's glove puppet. But insults aside, our Government couldn't run a piss up in a Brewery IMV, just one shambles after another

35 minutes ago, Slorm said:

P.M. ah you mean Cumming's glove puppet. But insults aside, our Government couldn't run a piss up in a Brewery IMV, just one shambles after another

According to today's Daily Heil Mail, the P.M. is camping in Scotland (like you do with a 3 month old baby). Their evidence for this is a photo of a tent overlooking some water and an inset of the clown wearing some camping-ish clothing.

Given that the tent is on a slope I suppose it could be his. There again the tent looks far too complicated for him to erect but I suppose the army of flunkeys and servants could do it.

It's come to something when even the Mail is critical.

Boris.thumb.jpg.2ce6cfb9ca4d9d0b96d29de284ee0804.jpg

Notice how the great man is leading by example in his campaign against the nation's obesity problem.

44 minutes ago, HOLYfuckNINJESUS said:

The way the US government is running the entire country into the ground

It might help to know where to start to even start to try to fix things by understanding that each branch of government both local and on a statewide level all have different responsibilities and powers delegated to them. 

Complaining to postal service about aggressive dogs being left to roam the neighborhood rather than going to animal control would help no one. The same goes for people pestering Senators,Congress people or the Executive Branch for things that their mayors should (or should not)be doing (or vice-versa).

5 hours ago, FauxFurry said:

It might help to know where to start to even start to try to fix things by understanding that each branch of government both local and on a statewide level all have different responsibilities and powers delegated to them. 

Aren't you answering that question with that very statement? The bureaucratic bs is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucratic bs.

10 minutes ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Aren't you answering that question with that very statement? The bureaucratic bs is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucratic bs. :unamused:

I would say that Separation of Powers is a double edged blade but it might be closer to a bladed pendulum which cuts in which ever way it swings.

2 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

Notice how the great man is leading by example in his campaign against the nation's obesity problem.

Yep, he's a FLUB and stupid with it. But I suspect he was put in place to fail, gives his Party someone to blame and he's too thick to even see it

Over the years I've seen many flavours of political parties but I have to say I've never seen anyone as inept as the current incumbents. They look at the mistakes of others and deliberately repeat them. They could see what happened in Scotland with the exam fiasco and did nothing but went straight ahead and did the same thing. Even a ten year old kid wouldn't walk deliberately into a trap like that.

1 hour ago, Slorm said:

Over the years I've seen many flavours of political parties but I have to say I've never seen anyone as inept as the current incumbents.

Theresa May was useless but she was useless because she never actually did anything except hold a seemingly never ending series of votes on something or other. As you said earlier, this lot lurch from one cock-up to the next without a break.

They have put Greater Manchester on lockdown again but Gtr Manchester only exists on paper. There is no governing body and the area consists of everything from Manchester with a pop of several million to tiny rural villages.

People can still use public transport, pubs, restaurants etc are open but I am not supposed to walk the 300 yards or so to visit my sister.

Meanwhile that bell end Hancock is saying that the figures for infections in an office environment aren't too bad. Leaving aside the fact that most offices are closed and people are working from home, he was one of about 4 or 5 members of the government who caught the virus while at work.

And all the time our wonderful free press say fuck all apart from a few tut-tuts.

5 hours ago, endgameaddic†ion said:

It's amazing how people like this even have a driver's license. if she even has one since she refused to cooperate. Maybe they should be more strict on who can acquire one, because she fails to know the laws of a traffic stop. The incompetence police have to deal with.

I thought about, but failed to mention, how the police officer kept calm, cool, and collected throughout, while she went off the deep end.  I've seen becoming a police officer change people I've known before and after they became police officers.  It's sad to watch, but when you deal with shit like this all day, every day, I can see how such a shift in personal attitude happens.  I hear stories from our local PD about summer hires walking away after only a few weeks saying "I can't stand how people look at me/treat me when I wear that uniform.".  Understandable, but at least you didn't put in all the effort to go through the academy before figuring that out.  Silver lining on that particular cloud.

Two rants for tonight.

1. I'm no fashion guru.  Really, it would be hard for me to care what someone wears.  Difficult, but not impossible.  That said, ill fitting (WAY too big) "Billy the Hillbilly Slob" over-alls and a bikini top do NOT make a good looking, never mind even acceptable under ANY circumstances outfit, never mind 'walking down the sidewalk in the middle of town', no matter how good the female wearing them would look otherwise.  YUCK!

2. Our state requires fishing tags on vehicle to surf-fish.  That is: drive your vehicle onto the beach and fish in the surf.  Twenty years ago, only surf fisherman had them.  Somewhere around 10 years ago the tourons (tourist/moron) discovered them.  The tourons immediately decided that this was a "status" symbol, and every yahoo with an out of state tag just had to have one.  You'd see vehicles with surf-fishing tags - and absolutely NO other surf fishing gear on the vehicle - a clear giveaway that the owner was all about status rather than a real, well, anything.

Usually, this sort of thing is found on jeeps, and lots and lots of SUVs.  That makes at least minor sense.  But today, I saw one that just made zero sense at all.  It was so bad, I took a picture to show friends.  What type of vehicle?  A four door sedan!  That's right, a friggin' family car with a sports-fishing tag (for driving on the beach) on it.  Yes, the driver was about as yuppy/NOT in place/money city and no brain to go with it as you could get.  Just when you think you've seen it all.

3 hours ago, FauxFurry said:

I would say that Separation of Powers is a double edged blade but it might be closer to a bladed pendulum which cuts in which ever way it swings.

In theory it's great, but people with deep coffers just buy friends and allies in all sects to monopolize power anyway. Sadly no system of government is immune to corruption.

Humans had a good run... now it's the pigs turn to reign supreme.

Napoleon.jpg.df98bc85d68e865089b5a806adec954d.jpg

42 minutes ago, AKM said:

1. I'm no fashion guru.  Really, it would be hard for me to care what someone wears.  Difficult, but not impossible.  That said, ill fitting (WAY too big) "Billy the Hillbilly Slob" over-alls and a bikini top do NOT make a good looking, never mind even acceptable under ANY circumstances outfit, never mind 'walking down the sidewalk in the middle of town', no matter how good the female wearing them would look otherwise.  YUCK!

There are exceptions to every rule:

Spoiler

3982720_image.jpg

Ok, Ok..........that was cheating.  I know.

I actually agree with you.  Spandex has a size and weight limit.  I'll never understand why anyone would wear something that is horribly unflattering to them.  It makes zero sense.  Then to try to blame everyone else for being repulsed makes even less sense.  It makes me think of Andrew Dice Clay:

Spoiler

I'm not about going out and being rude to folks.  But sometimes honesty is really the best policy.  Tough love ya know.

1 hour ago, Grey Cloud said:

And all the time our wonderful free press say fuck all apart from a few tut-tuts.

Murdoch and Cameron were personal friends so no surprises. The level of continued patronage and promotion of failures is breathtaking (Lansley, Harding, Cummings, Hancock, Williamson et al) goes beyond stupidity and stinks of corruption. I was once proud to be English, now I am ashamed when you see how low we have sank.

18 hours ago, AKM said:

It's interesting.  The older I get, the more I see.  The more I see, the more I realize that it's almost all in individual choice about how to react to a situation.  Case in point:

Here's a full police dashcam clip from the Aurora, IL Police Department.  It shows the entire interaction, and then at the very end, the short clip that's apparently going around Facebook as "police brutality".  What a croc of shit.  The amount of verbal abuse this officer took before he took action and the absolute disregard for anyone but herself and blatant bad attitude of the arrested woman.  Wow.  People conduct themselves like this and then wonder why they end up on the wrong side of the law?  She had multiple opportunities to prevent this situation from escalating, and it's ALL on her.  I can easily see this situation being handled entirely differently, with simply a summons to fix the problem, and perhaps a minor fine for incorrect documents.  Instead, she chooses belligerence and arrest.

they (police departments) need to start doing this every time something is released negative. to show the entire interaction.

1 hour ago, RitualClarity said:

they (police departments) need to start doing this every time something is released negative. to show the entire interaction.

Double-edged sword... besides the fact that video evidence is withheld so that there can be some semblance of an impartial jury, let's say this becomes common practice for non-criminal cases; the second they don't release the footage, for whatever reason, there'd be riots based on speculation that the video is being withheld because the police are guilty.

5 hours ago, GimmeBACON said:

In theory it's great, but people with deep coffers just buy friends and allies in all sects to monopolize power anyway. Sadly no system of government is immune to corruption.

Humans had a good run... now it's the pigs turn to reign supreme.

Napoleon.jpg.df98bc85d68e865089b5a806adec954d.jpg

A society of pigs. I'm okay with that. Except they'll establish a government and I have mixed feelings about government. 

Now who does this pig remind me of? Uncle Barry?

14 hours ago, Alkpaz said:

Oh, and this little fact happened a few days ago: 

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/08/pandemic-appears-have-spared-africa-so-far-scientists-are-struggling-explain-why

I wonder why..... Could it be we Americans like to gorge ourselves on food? We have had it too good for too long, reality is smacking us in the face. 

There's also the interesting fact that there's some human parasites that regulate the immune system. Africa being part of the developing world obviously means there's still a lot of parasites inhabiting human bodies and those with severe cases of COVID tend to develop hyperinflammation which is an overreaction from the immune system. Also, those same parasites tend to regulate body fat in humans and obesity, despite what many retards want to label as fatphobia, is one of the things that kills many people in developed countries.

16 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

fatphobia

Anyone that uses that term unironically cannot and should not be taken seriously. It sucks that being obese has become such a common thing nowadays, it's like the severity of it has gone down in people's collective minds.