What really pisses you off? please no posts about nexus lol

1 hour ago, gregathit said:

Really?  You've got to be kidding.  There most certainly is.  One is 1st degree murder and one is possibly manslaughter.  I clearly stated that it was bad policy and a poor decision and they will fact the music in court.  Court.  Where if you surrender to police and don't fight or act a fool, it is court that shit gets worked out.

Not necessarily, the point is the intent or lack thereof. If you choke someone with your hands with the intent to pacify them or to render them unconscious and they die as a result, it wouldn't be 1st degree murder.

Again, it isn't murder in the way you are implying.  It is manslaughter.  George was RESISTING ARREST.  Police have a duty to restrain people that do that.  This officer plainly made a very poor choice on how to do it.  Hence my MANY comments about MORE FUNDING and MORE TRAINING for police.

And I haven't?  Go back and read every one of my posts.  I've stated the cop made a piss poor decision on how to restrain him.  

Resisting arrest or struggling doesn't justify killing someone if they aren't threatening the life of anyone around them or that there is a good reason to believe that they might. If someone struggles during arrest and tries to grab the cop's weapon, for example, that would justify using deadly force. They might not want to shoot anyone, but there's no way to know and if you don't act, you're risking your own life and those of others in the vicinity. However, the use of force must be immediate - slowly killing someone after they've stopped being a threat isn't justified.

Ah, and now we come to the crux of the matter.  "Usually expected to have better ethics and morals".  What the fuck does that mean?  If you are saying that the cops ONE bad decision makes him no better than a LIFE LONG CRIMINAL the you have lost your mind.  Seriously.  And you can only hold people to a higher standard when you pay them and train them.  Go back and listen to Doughnut some more.  He talks all the time about police needing more training.  He talks about how dangerous the job is.  Listen to him talk about why he quit.  Cops are shit on by pretty much everyone and you want them to spotlessly moral and just?  That is so unfair and biased it makes one puke.  Cops are people.  People have good days and bad.  People make good decisions and bad.  The difference is training.  The difference is support.  You want cops to be paragons of virtue, well are you supporting them?  Are you sticking up for them.  Are you encouraging them?  Are you doing a fucking thing except making unreal demands on them?  You act like this is all their fault.  George Floyd put himself in this fucked up position and died for it.  HE is the dumb fuck and the only award he deserves is a darwin award.  

It means exactly that. Cops killing someone illegally has much more weight behind it than some criminal killing someone illegally. You're making an awful lot of assumptions about my position just because I stated that Floyd was murdered - I do not endorse the riots, defunding the police will exacerbate the issue so I don't support that statement, either. I do not think BLM is a good organization, mainly because they come with a lot of additional demands that have nothing to do with racism, police brutality or any issue that's related to the loss of black lives. I also disagree with their very specific views on police brutality - it's an issue that affects the whole society, not just black people. Black communities have a massive crime problem so they're much more likely to interact with the police, which results in many of the killings, justified or not. Something which BLM doesn't mention. They also don't mention that many more black lives are lost due to the rampant crime in black communities. It seems that to BLM, a black life only has value if it can be used as an instrument.

I do not agree that Floyd is at fault for his own death. He deserved rougher treatment because he was resisting, yes, but rougher treatment doesn't mean killing him.

And they wonder why crime is soaring.  Well......duh?

https://www.statista.com/statistics/191219/reported-violent-crime-rate-in-the-usa-since-1990/

Crime is actually on a somewhat steady downwards trend. However I do not think that the riots, retard larpers screaming ACAB or defunding the police will help it go down further - quite the opposite. I do hope that many people will end up suing the states that allowed the riots to continue for neglect. I hope the CHAZ/CHOP clown fiesta will cost Seattle a fortune.

2 hours ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Technically he died of CCP virus since he tested positive in the autopsy. The cop didn't kill him, he just failed to recognize he needed immediate medical attention. But, because it looked bad we are going to allow these domestic terrorist to burn down the country. The dems want to ride this horse to gain back the presidency and many more seats in the house and congress hoping that it will settle things. They sold the country out (again) and I, for one, will never forget it.

You can die with a disease, you know? It would be a very, very unlikely coincidence that he just so happened to die due to covid-19 while a grown man put his knees on the back of his neck for ~8 minutes. Especially considering that dying of a respiratory disease is usually a process that doesn't happen in a few minutes but at least hours or days. If Floyd was in the process of dying from the virus, he wouldn't have been able to move around let alone resist arrest. His health wasn't the best due to drug abuse and other stuff, but I don't think a healthy person would've survived that treatment. Both autopsies came to the conclusion that it was indeed homicide, the official one just lists his health problems and substance abuse under possible contributing factors while the private one does not. Both agree that the infection was not a factor whatsoever.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Positional_asphyxia

The main issue is that the cops didn't stop what they were doing even when Floyd didn't resist anymore. They also didn't stop when he went limp.

4 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

The main issue is that the cops didn't stop what they were doing even when Floyd didn't resist anymore. They also didn't stop when he went limp.

As I said, an error in judgement all the way around. Gross negligence resulting in death? Yes. Premeditated or heated intent? No. I do think police reform is in order, but the way these people are going about it IN THE MIDDLE OF RIOTS is ludicrous.

4 hours ago, endgameaddic†ion said:

You cannot suffocate with the knee positioned on the back of the neck. Press the back of your neck against something solid and see if you'll choke. I got all day. Not gonna happen. There's no direct contact with your wind pipe. I could understand if the knee was pressed on the neck from the side or front. It's also very interesting how he had a lot of words to say while being "choked" before he "suffocated" to death. Someone who's choking can't say a damn thing and is struggling to gasp for air.

He died from his drug usage and bad blood pumper.

I can safely say you are completely full of shit. Literally no idea what you're talking about.

Source: 12 years of brazillian jiujutsu, being 6'3" and weighing over 200 pounds.

Moreover, Chavin placed Floyd so his neck was against a drain curb stop, which is elevated about four inches off the ground. Floyd's neck, not his head, not his shoulders, was placed over the stop. His death was certainly exacerbated by his shitty lifestyle and choices, he was also killed by Chavin, through a combination of standard issue racism and incompetence. Last time I checked, compressed windpipe isn't a c19 symptom.

1 minute ago, GrimReaper said:

Not necessarily, the point is the intent or lack thereof. If you choke someone with your hands with the intent to pacify them or to render them unconscious and they die as a result, it wouldn't be 1st degree murder.

Right.  Good luck in court with that one.  A film with your hands around the neck shows intent to do harm.  A knee on the neck could be interpreted as intent to pacify.  But nice try.

3 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

Resisting arrest or struggling doesn't justify killing someone if they aren't threatening the life of anyone around them or that there is a good reason to believe that they might. If someone struggles during arrest and tries to grab the cop's weapon, for example, that would justify using deadly force. They might not want to shoot anyone, but there's no way to know and if you don't act, you're risking your own life and those of others in the vicinity. However, the use of force must be immediate - slowly killing someone after they've stopped being a threat isn't justified.

I never justified killing anyone so the point is irrelevant.  As for him resisting, how do you know that if they would not have kept him that he would not have gone for their guns.  The point is you don't baby violent criminals.  Resisting arrest makes you a violent criminal and you have ZERO right to complain about shit that happens to you at that point.  Clearly you have never been in a fight.  Especially with someone larger and jacked up on drugs.  It is VERY difficult to keep someone controlled under those circumstances.  The vulcan grip is only effective in movies dude.

5 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

It means exactly that. Cops killing someone illegally has much more weight behind it than some criminal killing someone illegally. You're making an awful lot of assumptions about my position just because I stated that Floyd was murdered - I do not endorse the riots, defunding the police will exacerbate the issue so I don't support that statement, either. I do not think BLM is a good organization, mainly because they come with a lot of additional demands that have nothing to do with racism, police brutality or any issue that's related to the loss of black lives. I also disagree with their very specific views on police brutality - it's an issue that affects the whole society, not just black people. Black communities have a massive crime problem so they're much more likely to interact with the police, which results in many of the killings, justified or not. Something which BLM doesn't mention. They also don't mention that many more black lives are lost due to the rampant crime in black communities. It seems that to BLM, a black life only has value if i

t can be used as an instrument.

If cops kill someone one in a clearly unjustified situation then yes they deserve to have the world fall on them hard.  Yes, cops should be punished if they use excessive force.  There isn't anyone on the planet aside from criminals who would disagree.  I pounced on this statement because it sounded like you were offering up an excuse to riot and loot:

"Does this justify the riots? No, I don't think so." 

That is not a strong denial.  I don't "think" so.  That is what I took offense at.  That is why I responded the way I did.  Now if you are saying that the riots and looting are completely unjustified then I truly did misinterpret your response and I'm sorry for that.  As for the rest of your comments, it appears you and I have a lot of common ground.  There are very real problems in black neighborhoods and most of those problems don't have anything at all to do with the police.  This ridiculous crusade that leaders and the media have been perpetuating against cops has to stop RIGHT NOW.  It undermines the fabric society and does nothing to better anything or anyone.  

23 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

I do not agree that Floyd is at fault for his own death. He deserved rougher treatment because he was resisting, yes, but rougher treatment doesn't mean killing him.

We are going to have to disagree on this.  At minimum 50 percent of his death is on him.  Honestly I think it is more like 75 percent on him.  He doesn't do drugs or attempt to pass of counterfeit money and then complies with officers and he is alive today.  No one would have knelt on his neck if he was in the squad car.  Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

27 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/191219/reported-violent-crime-rate-in-the-usa-since-1990/

Crime is actually on a somewhat steady downwards trend. However I do not think that the riots, retard larpers screaming ACAB or defunding the police will help it go down further - quite the opposite. I do hope that many people will end up suing the states that allowed the riots to continue for neglect. I hope the CHAZ/CHOP clown fiesta will cost Seattle a fortune.

Agreed.  You can throw out the crime going down statistics thanks to this madness.  It had been in a steady decline.  Now ask yourself why.  We were putting criminals behind bars and KEEPING THEM THERE.  Now you have places like New York (should be renamed to New Joke) that has been doing a catch and release program.  And no, they can't blame it on covid, they were doing it before that hit.  Wonder of all wonders, you release a criminal and they just commit more crimes (note, this is PRE-covid.  After covid hit things have just gotten worse):  https://www.amny.com/police-fire/crime-stats-show-previous-offenders-have-been-committing-more-crimes-while-out-due-to-bail-reform-laws/

This right here shows you De Bonehead is truly one of the dumbest people on the planet:  https://nypost.com/2020/04/20/unconscionable-for-released-inmates-to-commit-crimes-de-blasio/

California has now started doing this and it is just madness.  It almost appears as though the Governors and Mayors of these states/cities are actively trying to destroy America.  I don't know what else to call it.  The real question I keep asking is why in the fuck people keep voting for these idiots?

1 hour ago, Darkpig said:

riots and the covids and the police brutality are finally settling down

Naw.

This is going to be stoked and massaged until the election hits peak reporting and pushing retardation and then it depends on frankly, where you live. If you live in an urban coastal area it's going to be literal year(s) until this settles. Most rural areas that aren't bordered by water forgot this was a thing a month after it happened. Context is king.

30 minutes ago, 27X said:

Naw.

This is going to be stoked and massaged until the election hits peak reporting and pushing retardation and then it depends on frankly, where you live. If you live in an urban coastal area it's going to be literal year(s) until this settle. Most rural area that aren't bordered by water forgot this was a thing a month after it happened. Context is king.

Agreed. This is just another catalyst to set larger, more insidious things into motion......or higher gear. Stumble to close to the truth and you might get "disappeared". 

27 minutes ago, endgameaddic†ion said:

Drained curb you say? This looks even to me. Look at the distance from the actual curb where the drain would be. God damn, that's one large as gap from where his head is all the way to the curb.

The /drain curb stop/ is a single thing, I'm not talking about the curb.

5 hours ago, gregathit said:

Yes, Bad Darkpig for link spamming.  You'll need to be spanked now.............

giphy_a0a299d8-c027-4f3a-98db-d643d3c308c4_grande.gif

This is so wrong yet feels so right.

5 hours ago, 27X said:

Naw.

This is going to be stoked and massaged until the election hits peak reporting and pushing retardation and then it depends on frankly, where you live. If you live in an urban coastal area it's going to be literal year(s) until this settles. Most rural areas that aren't bordered by water forgot this was a thing a month after it happened. Context is king.

Does this mean no tea?:classic_sad:

Waking up to my computer at the log-in screen only to find out Windows10 decided I need a new version of the Edge browser with taskbar and desktop icons already installed. Christ I miss the good old days more and more. I needed to use task manager just to escape their forced tutorial "Let's get started"   Fuck you! Let's not - click!

1 hour ago, worik said:

move on to helpful technology

I've been pissed at the direction Star Trek went years ago.

That shot reminds me that TNG was like TOS - looking at the future using critical thinking. One computer on the ship, with many work stations. Some dedicated while others are just available so anyone can 'load' their own 'app'. You see this with scenes like Geordi telling the computer to transfer engineering to the bridge. Obviously the main terminal in engineering still functions while he has 'satellite' privileges. The show also had examples of 'modded' default StarFleet programs - tweaking the defaults which were likely tested by Command and possibly used as the new defaults. Another good example was the defense scripts created and ran by officers during conflict: "Computer, run Riker 1".....

"I'm sorry, I cannot run Riker 1 at this time while your ship's computer is being upgraded to Windows 476"

2 hours ago, landess said:

Waking up to my computer at the log-in screen only to find out Windows10 decided I need a new version of the Edge browser with taskbar and desktop icons already installed. Christ I miss the good old days more and more. I needed to use task manager just to escape their forced tutorial "Let's get started"   Fuck you! Let's not - click!

That's what you fockin get for using shit OS m8, everybody knows that TempleOS is the only good and practical OS in existence.

36 minutes ago, Mr.Otaku said:

everybody knows

The numbers would disagree with you. Not that your wrong about the product per se'. When the majority of reasons I have a computer require the use of Windows, then Stockholm Syndrome is the result.

22 hours ago, gregathit said:

how in the fuck do you justify burning down the residences and stores of the black community over this?  How do you justify the huge number of murders related to the riots?  

Skin color is NOT RELEVANT to this fake fucking outrage.

The kids.

Just more pain and fake victim-hood mentalities.  But hey, defund the police if you want.  I'll be laughing my ass off when they come for you and 911 is out of order.

Heh.  They did the same thing in 1994 in LA.  "We're mad, so we're going to burn down OUR OWN business and homes!  That'll teach them!"  The mind boggles.

It's not?  Could've fooled them.  Oh wait, they did.

Kids?  Almost nobody cares about them.  Oh they say they do, but they don't.  It's just like the big businesses with the "donate a dollar for X childrens' fund" campaigns.  1. A dollar goes nowhere but straight into the pockets of the organizations managers and 2. The real reason those companies push that is two fold. A. Public image and B. Serious tax breaks.  No, they don't care about children, either.  Sorry about your burst bubble.

Victim-hood is all the rage these days.  It's baffling to watch.  Used to be that not being able to take care of your own crap was a bad thing.  Today it's: Wait, what?  The world's a big, bad place that owes you nothing?  Shhhhocking!  (Sigh....)

1 hour ago, landess said:

"I'm sorry, I cannot run Riker 1 at this time while your ship's computer is being upgraded to Windows 476"

There you are, knee deep in Romulans and the computer says "Let's get started".

1 hour ago, landess said:

"Computer, run Riker 1"..

"Would you like to choose an app to run Riker 1 or visit the Microsoft App Store?"

I prefer Holly the computer from Red Dwarf. It had an IQ of 1000 - that's the equivalent of 1000 PE teachers. :classic_smile:

12 hours ago, 27X said:

Depends on how thick the walls to your domicile are, and how many guests you wanna have.

Are we expecting a plane crash? If so then we will be waking up to vikings, Romans, caveman and pilgrims wandering the streets wearing naught but a loincloth. Then again Americans are going to poop their diapers regardless. I wonder if the British are doing any better? Well If anything they appreciate good tea. But we aren't talking about tea are we?

Maybe we should treat government, corporations and people like dogs. We praise them for doing one thing right amidst terrorizing the neighbors, destroying property and being an audible nuisance. Oh and we talk to them like you would a baby.

Who is a good boy? You are~ Yes you are~

In theory that's a great idea; in practice corporations worked around all that legal shit ages ago. Case in point Disney shit that should public domain that they literally never owned the right to in the first place is still their trademark and property. Case in point Apple hasn't paid taxes in decades. The only way to deal with corporations is to starve them to death, no exceptions.

28 minutes ago, Darkpig said:

government, corporations

Same animal with slightly different camouflage. :classic_tongue: At least with corporations you can be sure they're all about the money which makes them slightly easier to predict. Most peeps just want to be left the fuck alone to do their thing. Politicians are lying scum.