What really pisses you off? please no posts about nexus lol

On 8/22/2020 at 1:33 AM, GimmeBACON said:

Double-edged sword... besides the fact that video evidence is withheld so that there can be some semblance of an impartial jury, let's say this becomes common practice for non-criminal cases; the second they don't release the footage, for whatever reason, there'd be riots based on speculation that the video is being withheld because the police are guilty.

Why does this remind me of the instant replay rulings created for american football - some rulings aren't subject to instant replay...... While the viewers at home get to see a replay, over and over.

4 hours ago, FauxFurry said:

I am aware that they are not anthropomorphic in the slightest hence why I said not only that they would need some simulated need added to them to prevent them from 'outgrowing' any directive given to them by humans but that they could theoretically be free of any 'taint' of human influence in a few generations of robots/AI building other robots/AI even if they would cease to be useful to anyone or anything in short order if anything with actual needs is no longer considered in the process.

It is one of those things that someone has to go over if one is considering realistic 'robopocalypse' scenarios and unfortunately, all have been found wanting precisely because of that reality. Robots would not kill humans unless they were programmed to do so since they do not have any default survival instincts nor any desires for their species to thrive and out compete neighboring species. They are just tools built to serve humans whether or not their exterior is made in their creators' image.

If a robopocalypse happens, it's much more likely to be of no significance to the AI. If such a scenario would occur, it would probably exterminate humans like we exterminate other life forms as a mere consequence of our actions. We don't usually go out of our way to squish ants but we step on them because we don't consider the wellbeing of ants when doing something.

48 minutes ago, Mr.Otaku said:

I don't know about you but the former isn't any worse than the latter two. Victimhood is cancer no matter what lens you're looking through and it undermines real victims who've had to live through nightmares. On that note, yes TikTok can't be banned soon enough. And that's not even it's real name, it's actually called "douyin" or some shit, fucking chinese spyware garbage. Some countries have already banned it recently, so we know it's not even hard to do.

I was just being catty/sarcastic with that comment since would not actually blow off the social ills of the latter two in such a flippant manner as to say that people are 'simply/only' using victim hood status boosts to increase their social capital or financial capital.

Just now, GrimReaper said:

If a robopocalypse happens, it's much more likely to be of no significance to the AI. If such a scenario would occur, it would probably exterminate humans like we exterminate other life forms as a mere consequence of our actions. We don't usually go out of our way to squish ants but we step on them because we don't consider the wellbeing of ants when doing something.

That would likely be unsatisfying to most human audiences since their extermination would be implied to be a matter of convenience rather than a calculated plot to eliminate the most significant threat to an enemy species that must succeed at all costs. That is the whole point of that kind of plot in the first place.

It might be a much needed ego deflation to certain sorts, however.

42 minutes ago, FauxFurry said:

I was just being catty/sarcastic with that comment since would not actually blow off the social ills of the latter two in such a flippant manner as to say that people are 'simply/only' using victim hood status boosts to increase their social capital or financial capital.

I see now.

1 hour ago, endgameaddic†ion said:

I agree that Kyle needs to be let out.

This is just tragic.

There is a lot to blame starting with the government ALLOWING protests of this nature to evolve, and the police not being able for whatever reason to enforce law and ORDER!

Taking a loaded weapon into these situations voluntarily as a private citizen on the streets.

How do they say it? "It's all fun and games till someone gets shot". Then all surviving parties involved have to live with the consequences for the rest of their lives regardless of the outcome.

While it's easy to cheer for the vigilante whom appears to be in the right, the law can't afford to base it's findings on how it feels. It needs to follow the letter of law or else everything will continue to spiral downwards into chaos.

I'm waiting on the first public lynching to happen in many years at this rate.

Lastly, I wouldn't want the guy making the video to be my lawyer, as he says many incriminating things while trying to defend actions he finds justifiable.

3 hours ago, endgameaddic†ion said:

Warning: This gets very gruesome after 4:04.

I'd say it wasn't gruesome enough. Fucking looter thugs thinking they can get away with anything forever need to be reminded that they're not as tough as they think, not even close. Terrorists need to be dealt with the old fashion way, with lead and force. Does that make me cruel? Some would say it does, some might even get offended by that (you know who you are, i know too) but i don't believe being cruel to terrorists as retaliation is a bad thing.

9 hours ago, endgameaddic†ion said:

I agree that Kyle needs to be let out.

Warning: This gets very gruesome after 4:04.

Hide contents

All of the damage, injury and deaths should be blamed on the mayors and governors of those cities/states that refused to let the police and courts do their job in the first place. And I mean put out of office and federal criminal charges brought against them. The riots they sheepishly have been denying exist have turned against them for fuck's sake- proving there was never any "movement" in the first place- just a bunch of stupid, angry people looking for an opportunity to get away with shit.

So when you remove the police and the people start policing their/their friends property them self this happens. It is sad. I have seen this in Germany at the height of the refugee crisis. When the police also was either told to stand down or just hadn't the capacity to deal with the additional crime load, people started to play police them self out of necessity and shit like that happened. 

I have watched the Kyle videos, checked the story and sure you could wish things turned out different but it is self defense. Now in Portland I don't have yet the full picture but it looks right now like an execution made by a white guy with a BLM/Black Power tattoo on his neck. 

10 minutes ago, ZI0MATRIX said:

So when you remove the police and the people start policing their/their friends property them self this happens. It is sad. I have seen this in Germany at the height of the refugee crisis. When the police also was either told to stand down or just hadn't the capacity to deal with the additional crime load, people started to play police them self out of necessity and shit like that happened. 

I have watched the Kyle videos, checked the story and sure you could wish things turned out different but it is self defense. Now in Portland I don't have yet the full picture but it looks right now like an execution made by a white guy with a BLM/Black Power tattoo on his neck. 

This is exactly why I recommend that anyone looking to play the role of "White Ally" would be best off doing nothing in these 'Protests'. If White Silence is Violence, that is the preferable form of violence since it does not actually directly kill anyone and it takes less effort. There would not be much of a physical presence at these events if white people did not fill out the mob's ranks, either.

Why not just relax with a cool drink and let everyone else take care of this situation without messing things up further? The mainstream media has never carer to cover violence not involving white participants so even the coverage of the riots would vanish from the airwaves, either positive or negative press, and lighter fare will once again dominate the broadcasting day.

11 hours ago, NickNozownik said:

Banks, I have to pay them monthly just because I have a bank account. I swear if my boss will pay me directly then I'll remove my bank account. They're the only people that I could kill with the blunt side of an axe, Fuck 'em.

i hear you

in croatia is against law to be payed directly

employer can be fined up to 5x yearly income and/or 3-5y in prison

but at least employed is "free to chose bank"

So tired of having to explain that a 10% flat tax means 10% for everyone.  It doesn't matter if you make 10,000 then the tax is 1,000 or if you make 1,000,000 then the tax is 100,000 the tax is still 10%. If you make more you pay more, but people only want to understand that everyone is paying 10%. Why do they not teach percentages in primary school anymore?! :rage:

20 hours ago, landess said:

This is just tragic.

There is a lot to blame starting with the government ALLOWING protests of this nature to evolve, and the police not being able for whatever reason to enforce law and ORDER!

Taking a loaded weapon into these situations voluntarily as a private citizen on the streets.

How do they say it? "It's all fun and games till someone gets shot". Then all surviving parties involved have to live with the consequences for the rest of their lives regardless of the outcome.

While it's easy to cheer for the vigilante whom appears to be in the right, the law can't afford to base it's findings on how it feels. It needs to follow the letter of law or else everything will continue to spiral downwards into chaos.

I'm waiting on the first public lynching to happen in many years at this rate.

Lastly, I wouldn't want the guy making the video to be my lawyer, as he says many incriminating things while trying to defend actions he finds justifiable.

Maybe this guy would be better as a lawyer:

I could argue he was looking for a fight since he crossing state lines, out past curfew and owning a gun underage. No matter how you spin this If you want to call him a hero you are full of shit. If you said he was protecting himself then you have a case right there. Kyle broke some laws but still many laws are not as enforced as they should be so he could have just been wandering around with an AR something something and lost track of time. Could somebody help me with the gun jargon?

If only people didn't let their emotions control them like they are then messes like this could have been avoided. If you think about it rationally he was breaking the law either way and the government doesn't like giving up their monopoly on the use of force lethal or otherwise. A government mind you run by the people for the people.

Personally I have a soft spot for nobody except maybe Kendo 2 but that is a talk for another time.

I keep getting distracted. Now what pisses me off the most is that my internet is shit. Take into account all the connection timeouts that happen and it can get annoying real fast.

Also censorship. Not the censorship from the government but the whole culture of blocking information that doesn't need to be blocked. Some of it isn't even nudity or sexual acts. It is also nonsensical things like heels yes you heard me right heels that get censored. The closest argument I can think of to block it is that they're badly made shoes? Banning books can also suck a dick. I get that is the inability or unwillingness for parents to teach their kids but people need to accept that censorship is not the answer. Find a way around this seriously. Am I asking for a perfect world? Absofuckinglutely!

22 hours ago, NickNozownik said:

Banks, I have to pay them monthly just because I have a bank account. I swear if my boss will pay me directly then I'll remove my bank account. They're the only people that I could kill with the blunt side of an axe, Fuck 'em.

Get a different bank or a credit union account.  I've never had to pay to keep an account open.  That is just plain silly.

11 hours ago, FauxFurry said:

snip.........White Silence is Violence..........snip

If there was ever any doubt of how stupid these people actually are, then this right here should be your proof.  This is imaginary friend bullshit taken to its farthest extreme.  Anyone who says or thinks this needs to be in a mental hospital.  Seriously.  

8 hours ago, TheOzoneHole said:

So tired of having to explain that a 10% flat tax means 10% for everyone.  It doesn't matter if you make 10,000 then the tax is 1,000 or if you make 1,000,000 then the tax is 100,000 the tax is still 10%. If you make more you pay more, but people only want to understand that everyone is paying 10%. Why do they not teach percentages in primary school anymore?! :rage:

Feelings not facts are all the rage now don't you know?  Which scares the hell out of me.

4 hours ago, Darkpig said:

I could argue he was looking for a fight since he crossing state lines, out past curfew and owning a gun underage. No matter how you spin this If you want to call him a hero you are full of shit. If you said he was protecting himself then you have a case right there. Kyle broke some laws but still many laws are not as enforced as they should be so he could have just been wandering around with an AR something something and lost track of time. Could somebody help me with the gun jargon?

If only people didn't let their emotions control them like they are then messes like this could have been avoided. If you think about it rationally he was breaking the law either way and the government doesn't like giving up their monopoly on the use of force lethal or otherwise. A government mind you run by the people for the people.

My understanding is he didn't own the gun (he is only 17 after all), he borrowed it from a friend in Wisconsin.  I know exactly where Kenosha is and he only drove a short distance to get there (less than many folks daily commutes to work).  So the looking for a fight thing falls apart with that.  I would not go so far as to call him a hero, but I will say, based on the evidence I'm aware of right now, that he is going to walk away legally from this most likely.  Maybe a small slap on wrist at most.  You do have the right to defend yourself and clearly he was attacked.  Attacking folks that are carrying a gun, especially an AR or AK is just plain stupid.  Hands down lunacy.  Fucked around and found out.  That should be on each of their tombstones.  

Also, keep in mind that the people out there rioting are the dregs of society.  Seriously.  All of them had some type of criminal history from what I have seen.  How is a jury of 12 going to convict him at this point?  They won't unless some evidence comes out that swings things.  Taking a gun to a riot isn't exactly smart, but why was the riot allowed in the first place?  This is all a bunch of shit that points back to several parties, the media for the lies they have published to stir this shit up, the local government for not stepping in and arresting these folks and giving them heavy punishment, and finally the dumb-asses that are out there burning, stealing and rioting.  All over lies.  It would be different if there was an actual problem to fix.  There isn't.  This is nothing more than a mob of morons being whipped up by others to destroy this country.  See it for what it is.  I would not doubt that there is chinese money funding this.

9 hours ago, Alkpaz said:

STEM (Science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) is racist, apparently. 

https://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/national-international/thousands-of-scientists-go-on-strike-to-protest-systemic-racism-in-stem/2285866/

I guess that is why my roommate in college, who was a senior in engineering, was talking about how there weren't any women in his graduate level courses and that most were of Indian and Asian decent. I don't think that changed in the last 25+yrs. 

This is once again a narrative being preached that has been proven to be absolute bullshit.  Women and most minorities don't want to go into stem fields.  Is the government going to force them to?  Cause that is what it would take.  It takes a lot of time, education, drive and let's not forget tons of hard work to be in these fields.  What they don't mention is Asians/Indians are doing quite nicely in the stem fields and are the bulk of the minority folks in them.  So if they can do it, why can't everyone else?  There is no systemic racism here.  It is a matter of choice, drive and even culture.  You can't fix that by walking off the job, but hey, nice try morons.

Edit:  I want to know why this same bullshit is not applied to professional basketball.  We all know what race dominates this sport.  We need more "inclusivity" and "equity".  So fire half of the folks currently playing and lets get this fixed so we are in line with population percentages.  And YES, that also means including women.  A male only sport is just sexist.  We are in 2020 for crying out loud.  This needs to be fixed!!!!  ?? ?

31 minutes ago, gregathit said:

My understanding is he didn't own the gun (he is only 17 after all), he borrowed it from a friend in Wisconsin.  I know exactly where Kenosha is and he only drove a short distance to get there (less than many folks daily commutes to work).  So the looking for a fight thing falls apart with that.  I would not go so far as to call him a hero, but I will say, based on the evidence I'm aware of right now, that he is going to walk away legally from this most likely.  Maybe a small slap on wrist at most.  You do have the right to defend yourself and clearly he was attacked.  Attacking folks that are carrying a gun, especially an AR or AK is just plain stupid.  Hands down lunacy.  Fucked around and found out.  That should be on each of their tombstones.  

Also, keep in mind that the people out there rioting are the dregs of society.  Seriously.  All of them had some type of criminal history from what I have seen.  How is a jury of 12 going to convict him at this point?  They won't unless some evidence comes out that swings things.  Taking a gun to a riot isn't exactly smart, but why was the riot allowed in the first place?  This is all a bunch of shit that points back to several parties, the media for the lies they have published to stir this shit up, the local government for not stepping in and arresting these folks and giving them heavy punishment, and finally the dumb-asses that are out there burning, stealing and rioting.  All over lies.  It would be different if there was an actual problem to fix.  There isn't.  This is nothing more than a mob of morons being whipped up by others to destroy this country.  See it for what it is.  I would not doubt that there is chinese money funding this.

The man who Kyle winged expressed his regret about his actions in the incident...by which I mean he regretted not just pulling his piece and killing the kid on sight. He wasn't the only one packing in the crowd as another gunshot went off shortly before the fatal ones found their mark. These definitely were not uniformly peaceful unarmed sorts who only engaged in violence because they were pressed.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/bkJ535vvjVWk/

As a non-partisan who isn't on a 'team', I feel that I can look at these things with a fairly objective perspective. Based on the play by play, I would say that self defense is probably a fair characterization here. Although, the kid having the AR-15 illegally in the first place is questionable.

I guess from the law enforcement angle, in terms of how they deal with it, they've got to think about precedent in addition to the specific circumstances as they will overall want to discourage people from shooting each other in the streets...

I will say that there is something very darwinian about some guy using a skateboard to attack another guy who's holding an AR-15 though... Very Bart Simpson...

1 hour ago, gregathit said:

This is once again a narrative being preached that has been proven to be absolute bullshit.  Women and most minorities don't want to go into stem fields.  Is the government going to force them to?  Cause that is what it would take.  It takes a lot of time, education, drive and let's not forget tons of hard work to be in these fields.  What they don't mention is Asians/Indians are doing quite nicely in the stem fields and are the bulk of the minority folks in them.  So if they can do it, why can't everyone else?  There is no systemic racism here.  It is a matter of choice, drive and even culture.  You can't fix that by walking off the job, but hey, nice try morons.

This is true, I would take it a step further and argue that there's a fairly strong biological precedent here. Biology does after all form the baseline of society, whether people want to come to grips with that or not... Even fetuses still in the womb have color preferences that consistently correlate to gender. The idea that people might have biological predispositions that inform the types of things that they will be interested in should be common sense.

It's very easy to see that pitbulls and golden retrievers have different personality ranges regardless of upbringing that can only be explained by their biology. Humans are no more or less animals than anything else, so we're just as constrained by our biology as other animals... For better or worse.

Try for equality, fine. But the idea that everything needs to be the same? It's very low hanging fruit in terms of being obviously delusional. Objective reality will consistently slap that idea down.

So no, it's not that women can't do STEM, there's been some brilliant women in STEM. However, on average, they're not as interested in it, and therefore, there's fewer of them in the field. Let people do what they want to do... Trying to force square pegs in round holes is bullshit...