What really pisses you off? please no posts about nexus lol

28 minutes ago, Kendo 2 said:

White people are looking for a cure for the coronavirus.  Whadda bunch of insensitive fucks...trying to save the lives of Asian people.  Shame on them.

I had to read that a few times over for it to sink in. This is such a fucking retarded thing to write.

Why does it matter who's on the fucking task-force, why do they have to be diverse!? If they're fucking qualified they'll get on it, it doesn't matter.

Same shit with "oh we need a trans quota, a female quota, whatever" no motherfucker get qualified people not faceless labels there to fill a diversity slot.

Isn't it more racist or sexist or whatever-ist to push away applicants in workplaces because they're NOT a stupid SJW label? Because they're not a specific skin tone?

It reminds me of some campaign, I can't remember the corporation that held it, but they wanted more female executives and ended up instead with 3 men.

It's almost like if they can afford it people will exercise their free will and not work a corporate job, or a job for someone they hate.

Of course those people exercising their free will means their employer's a fucking racist.

Hnnnn-

Edit: Now that I think about it, and building on that last point I made. Trump isn't liked by minorities or women because reasons, right? Or so people say.

So wouldn't the natural order of things be that people like that don't want to work for or with him? In other words, this is just things working themselves out naturally. Like, at what point do you become such a stupid person that your own narrative and bullshit escapes you? It's like bad fanfiction where you lose your fucking plot points every now and then, come up with new ones to cover those, and then remember by the end. It's insane.

Edit 2 and the last one: Basically what they can't grasp is that this is free will working naturally, people are sure to be qualified to work this that are minorities, women, etc. but they don't want to and thus the taskforce is mostly white men. There's the funny part about SJWs and their mentality, they want you to have free will, more access to things, to jobs, to good pay and to do everything everyone else does, but you can't exercise free will because you HAVE to be part of a quota. It's self-defeating and short-sighted, it's stupid.

18 minutes ago, megamantaray said:

I had to read that a few times over for it to sink in. This is such a fucking retarded thing to write.

Why does it matter who's on the fucking task-force, why do they have to be diverse!? If they're fucking qualified they'll get on it, it doesn't matter.

Same shit with "oh we need a trans quota, a female quota, whatever" no motherfucker get qualified people not faceless labels there to fill a diversity slot.

Isn't it more racist or sexist or whatever-ist to push away applicants in workplaces because they're NOT a stupid SJW label? Because they're not a specific skin tone?

It reminds me of some campaign, I can't remember the corporation that held it, but they wanted more female executives and ended up instead with 3 men.

It's almost like if they can afford it people will exercise their free will and not work a corporate job, or a job for someone they hate.

Of course those people exercising their free will means their employer's a fucking racist.

Hnnnn-

Edit: Now that I think about it, and building on that last point I made. Trump isn't liked by minorities or women because reasons, right? Or so people say.

So wouldn't the natural order of things be that people like that don't want to work for or with him? In other words, this is just things working themselves out naturally. Like, at what point do you become such a stupid person that your own narrative and bullshit escapes you? It's like bad fanfiction where you lose your fucking plot points every now and then, come up with new ones to cover those, and then remember by the end. It's insane.

Edit 2 and the last one: Basically what they can't grasp is that this is free will working naturally, people are sure to be qualified to work this that are minorities, women, etc. but they don't want to and thus the taskforce is mostly white men. There's the funny part about SJWs and their mentality, they want you to have free will, more access to things, to jobs, to good pay and to do everything everyone else does, but you can't exercise free will because you HAVE to be part of a quota. It's self-defeating and short-sighted, it's stupid.

only non political thing on the page I can quote directly

Capture.JPG.414866117d7991d18fcfe9bc9ffd48ef.JPG

They (I'm re-ranting) have panels to study Locusts, and reams of papers.

D-Don't kill the locusts (o no) that would mean no more papers.

Coronavirus won't get solved by suits with cameras and speechmakers and actors pretending to know more than you (so why do we talk about them?)

Low blood pressure, killing five minutes?

WTF is the trendiest subject here?!!

I can't mention it.

41 minutes ago, 2dk2c.2 said:

only non political thing on the page I can quote directly

Capture.JPG.414866117d7991d18fcfe9bc9ffd48ef.JPG

They (I'm re-ranting) have panels to study Locusts, and reams of papers.

D-Don't kill the locusts (o no) that would mean no more papers.

Coronavirus won't get solved by suits with cameras and speechmakers and actors pretending to know more than you (so why do we talk about them?)

Low blood pressure, killing five minutes?

WTF is the trendiest subject here?!!

I can't mention it.

I'm not sure what you're trying to rant about, but that man's got a lovely mullet.

I've seldom come across such a specimen.

He shines light in this dark and chaotic world.

25 minutes ago, 2dk2c.2 said:

It's OK we're on two different frequencies.

I've always known that.

"pictures that hilariously..(yada blah etc)  by state" was the picture's title,

a sort of ribbing about stereotypical residents across the USA but 

It'll prolly morph into a patriotic meme

Oh, okay. I didn't see that post last night, or this morning..? I have context now, my bad.

This thread is for stupid dumb things that piss us off, usually other people's bad actions.

Locust swarms are more of a natural thing, needs to be talked about but it's not unreasonably stupid for example, like random SJW crap.

This isn't much of a serious thread I'm afraid so that might be why that fell on deaf ears.

As far as Pewdiepie because it's something I actually know about, I don't like to speak outside my knowledge range, he took a break because for ten years he's been making videos without any rest. So he'll be gone January and maybe part of February as well. Apologies if I seemed rude or dismissive, that guy had a great mullet.

21 hours ago, megamantaray said:

Sorry to say but you can't put all the blame on Activision. Blizzard as a whole has been shitting up from top to bottom for a while now.

Whatevs...still doesn't change that Activision along with its CEO Bobby Kotick are a bunch of greedy fucks. And Blizzard is dragged along since the merge happened.

19 hours ago, Daedric_Cat said:

And salt. I am so damn sick and tired of so much salt in everything. I'm starting to cook my food from scratch.

I have a friend who is very obese. The things he told me are very interesting because he's gone through all the diets- he's dropped a lot of weight from the keto diet. The entire three square meals a day was started by Kelloggs to get people to buy and eat more food. Unless you are very physically active, you don't need that much food.

Oh, that and drive throughs and super sizing everything. And Starbucks, once admitted that they make those lattes addictive on purpose.

Yeah, our brains are wired to prefer calorie-dense foods, back from our time as smelly cavemen because you never knew when you had the chance to eat again. Today this has an adverse effect, of course. The food industry played a big part in inflating the calories and especially the content of refined sugars but now they can't exactly stop doing that because if they do, nobody will buy their slightly less hazardous food anymore, sugar, fat and salt taste good and that's why it's in everything. That being said, none of these things are inherently dangerous to us, it's that they're refined and processed. A quick google search reveals that the plants that are used to refine sugar have a sugar content of 10 to 15%, which means you have to eat a whole lot of plant to get what's on your teaspoon of pure sugar. Not only that, but the fiber-rich plants also slow down the digestion and absorption which means that the sugar inside them doesn't get injected directly into your bloodstream. Eating processed sugar fucks with your blood sugar levels, which in turn causes the insulin production to turn up to eleven, which causes a steep drop in blood sugar levels causing hunger AND stimulates your body to store more fat - diabetics who have to inject insulin often develop fatty tissue around the place where they tend to inject the stuff. Having a lot of sugar in your diet also means your body has trouble absorbing vitamin C. Sugar also has a similar effect on your liver as alcohol.

If you eat zero sugar, your liver is able to synthezize what sugar your body needs, resulting in stable blood sugar levels, no spiking insulin, no inflated hunger. You also don't need as much vitamin C in your diet because what's there gets used much more efficiently. When it comes to food and nutrition, we've gotten ourselves in one big mess. It also doesn't help that humans are social eaters (not that stupid trend on social media), we simply don't want to be the first that finishes when eating with other people but we also don't want to be the last one that keeps on eating after everyone else has already finished, this is also a way to limit calorie intake but we can't have that because families are muh patriarchy.

45 minutes ago, Mr. Trigun said:

Whatevs...still doesn't change that Activision along with its CEO Bobby Kotick are a bunch of greedy fucks. And Blizzard is dragged along since the merge happened.

Well yeah, no one's denying that. If anything the merge sped up something that was already happening.

3 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

Yeah, our brains are wired to prefer calorie-dense foods, back from our time as smelly cavemen because you never knew when you had the chance to eat again. Today this has an adverse effect, of course. The food industry played a big part in inflating the calories and especially the content of refined sugars but now they can't exactly stop doing that because if they do, nobody will buy their slightly less hazardous food anymore, sugar, fat and salt taste good and that's why it's in everything. That being said, none of these things are inherently dangerous to us, it's that they're refined and processed. A quick google search reveals that the plants that are used to refine sugar have a sugar content of 10 to 15%, which means you have to eat a whole lot of plant to get what's on your teaspoon of pure sugar. Not only that, but the fiber-rich plants also slow down the digestion and absorption which means that the sugar inside them doesn't get injected directly into your bloodstream. Eating processed sugar fucks with your blood sugar levels, which in turn causes the insulin production to turn up to eleven, which causes a steep drop in blood sugar levels causing hunger AND stimulates your body to store more fat - diabetics who have to inject insulin often develop fatty tissue around the place where they tend to inject the stuff. Having a lot of sugar in your diet also means your body has trouble absorbing vitamin C. Sugar also has a similar effect on your liver as alcohol.

If you eat zero sugar, your liver is able to synthezize what sugar your body needs, resulting in stable blood sugar levels, no spiking insulin, no inflated hunger. You also don't need as much vitamin C in your diet because what's there gets used much more efficiently. When it comes to food and nutrition, we've gotten ourselves in one big mess. It also doesn't help that humans are social eaters (not that stupid trend on social media), we simply don't want to be the first that finishes when eating with other people but we also don't want to be the last one that keeps on eating after everyone else has already finished, this is also a way to limit calorie intake but we can't have that because families are muh patriarchy.

Very interesting. Thanks for the info. I've cut back a lot on sugar.  If you are paying attention to your body you get to the point where all that crap doesn't taste so good and you want real food.

1 hour ago, Alkpaz said:

The same could be said of artificial sweeteners that trick the body into releasing insulin for it to do absolutely nothing, thus contributing to diabetes. 

Yes. It's said that artificial sweeteners are worse than sugar.

The "requirement" for smart phones and cell phones in general.  It leads to the 'We wish you to be available to us at a moment's notice, ALL the time.' mentality, not to mention the ability to track phones, and thus, theoretically, but almost certainly, the people that won't put the damn things down for two seconds.

11 hours ago, Alkpaz said:

The same could be said of artificial sweeteners that trick the body into releasing insulin for it to do absolutely nothing, thus contributing to diabetes. 

Completely and totally OT, but I found it funny:

Spoiler

13 hours ago, AKM said:

The "requirement" for smart phones and cell phones in general.  It leads to the 'We wish you to be available to us at a moment's notice, ALL the time.' mentality, not to mention the ability to track phones, and thus, theoretically, but almost certainly, the people that won't put the damn things down for two seconds.

And what kind of message does it send to everyone around you when staring at the phone all the time? That you (hypothetical you, not actual you) and whatever it is that is on the phone are more important than anything anyone else is saying or doing. 

Some boomers on chat today. Good stuff, valid points.

If you don't want people looking at their phone during a conversation don't be boring, or don't hang out with people who actively ignore others in social situations.

Phones are important useful tools, it helps to have that much information in your hands at all times and being able to reach out for help at a moment's notice.

Sure employers will abuse that but they'd use email if phones weren't around or some other way to hound you if not that.

Boohoo~

Always gets me when people complain about shit that doesn't directly affect them in any way and they're well within their power to change or avoid.

Kinda hypocritical I guess but this "phone bad" BS is tiresome.

15 hours ago, megamantaray said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Z2Tj60q.png

Hmmmm~

Social Media: The Corona virus is lethal... bioweapon and every official source is lying about it becuse it will kill everyone!

Seriously, the way some are talking about you'd think it has killed 2 million, not 2 hundred :classic_rolleyes:

15 hours ago, megamantaray said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Z2Tj60q.png

Hmmmm~

They would be less enthusiastic to be shock jocks if they worked for the government with its budget constraints and all that. As a consequence though the media would be directly controlled by said government and have its own problems still any person stupid enough to create an unnecessary mass panic would be out on their ass.

Either way news can suck my ?.

3 hours ago, megamantaray said:

Some boomers on chat today. Good stuff, valid points.

Phones are important useful tools, it helps to have that much information in your hands at all times and being able to reach out for help at a moment's notice.

Sure employers will abuse that but they'd use email if phones weren't around or some other way to hound you if not that.

Boohoo~

Always gets me when people complain about shit that doesn't directly affect them in any way and they're well within their power to change or avoid.

Kinda hypocritical I guess but this "phone bad" BS is tiresome.

1. That was my parents, not me.  Unless that term has, as I strongly suspect, come to be used as a simple all inclusive insult with no understanding of its true meaning.

2. Sure, it can be a valuable tool, but I guess the generation after me, who grew up with cell phones, really doesn't understand the concept of personal freedom.  It's like computers with my generation: Having little to no concept of what you're willingly, and usually ecstatically, giving up for convenience.  As a costumer and I were chatting about today (with regards to houses), many people have completely lost touch with the difference between necessity versus nicety.

21 minutes ago, AKM said:

1. That was my parents, not me.  Unless that term has, as I strongly suspect, come to be used as a simple all inclusive insult with no understanding of its true meaning.

2. Sure, it can be a valuable tool, but I guess the generation after me, who grew up with cell phones, really doesn't understand the concept of personal freedom.  It's like computers with my generation: Having little to no concept of what you're willingly, and usually ecstatically, giving up for convenience.  As a costumer and I were chatting about today (with regards to houses), many people have completely lost touch with the difference between necessity versus nicety.

1. The rest of your post says you agree with your parents though. Boomer is used for people with acute cases of Chronic Juvenoia.

2. And how does this affect you? Stop complaining about what other people do with their lives, and stop assuming you know better.

Are you genuinely arguing that "personal freedom" has to accommodate to your definition of it or it's not correct? It's not personal freedom if people aren't making the decisions you want them to? Because that's what it sounds like. We can step back into the 30s-40s when comics were first coming out and that time's "boomers" were super upset about em. We can go back to any time period and we'll always find someone like you. Hell, Socrates was against the written word as a concept because they "weren't a representation of knowledge" despite the alternative just being spoken word.

I'd wager most people are aware privacy is a thing of the past when it comes to the internet, phones are just neat and it's their personal choice to use them as they see fit. I question a lot of decisions people make but as long as they don't affect anyone around them, only themselves, I'd say I'm okay with them making those decisions. People have the choice, then, to distance themselves from people they don't like. If a person can't maintain a conversation because they're on their phone all the time I, as a person with my own personal freedom and decisions to make as a grown adult can say "this isn't worth it, I'm leaving."

Another thing that pisses me off is people talking like everything about game companies is bad now, like selling unfinished games is a NEW thing.

It isn't. 90% of the NES library was shovelware, same with SNES, the rest was awful Arcade ports and unfinished but licensed games like Mario is Missing.

The PS1 had a bunch, PS2, even the GameCube had a bunch of garbage games that were barely that, the Wii was extra bad for it with Nintendo pushing motion controls.

Game developers didn't just suddenly start putting out this garbage shit now. It's just easier to see it for some people, put your nostalgia shades away.

Microtransactions and IRL gambling aside, selling barely working software has been a thing since the very beginning of gaming. Like fucking E.T. for the Atari.

It's not like these companies didn't get away with it either. Once they put a product out either it was sold or it wasn't and they moved on. Just like now.

59 minutes ago, megamantaray said:

Another thing that pisses me off is people talking like everything about game companies is bad now, like selling unfinished games is a NEW thing.

It isn't. 90% of the NES library was shovelware, same with SNES, the rest was awful Arcade ports and unfinished but licensed games like Mario is Missing.

The PS1 had a bunch, PS2, even the GameCube had a bunch of garbage games that were barely that, the Wii was extra bad for it with Nintendo pushing motion controls.

Game developers didn't just suddenly start putting out this garbage shit now. It's just easier to see it for some people, put your nostalgia shades away.

Microtransactions and IRL gambling aside, selling barely working software has been a thing since the very beginning of gaming. Like fucking E.T. for the Atari.

It's not like these companies didn't get away with it either. Once they put a product out either it was sold or it wasn't and they moved on. Just like now.

I only wish an ET for the Atari event occurs for modern tripple A studios... perhaps they will learn .. yet again, to start paying attention to details, quality and results...

Also, like the crash of 1983 (for games) many of those companies got bought up by others. Perhaps, some old I.Ps might get new visions and a re-new gaming era can occur.

You are correct, game companies have put out shit.. before, some quite bad.. some terrible... and as before they had a major crash... the problem is now.. there doesn't seem to be the same potential for a gaming crash.. in fact, failures for some of the companies seem to feed into the mega gaming corps as they buy the game and continue the same practice of sending out lots of shit.  I hope that .. eventually even they can't handle doing this and fail

1 hour ago, megamantaray said:

1. The rest of your post says you agree with your parents though. Boomer is used for people with acute cases of Chronic Juvenoia.

2. And how does this affect you? Stop complaining about what other people do with their lives, and stop assuming you know better.

Are you genuinely arguing that "personal freedom" has to accommodate to your definition of it or it's not correct? It's not personal freedom if people aren't making the decisions you want them to? Because that's what it sounds like. We can step back into the 30s-40s when comics were first coming out and that time's "boomers" were super upset about em. We can go back to any time period and we'll always find someone like you. Hell, Socrates was against the written word as a concept because they "weren't a representation of knowledge" despite the alternative just being spoken word.

I'd wager most people are aware privacy is a thing of the past when it comes to the internet, phones are just neat and it's their personal choice to use them as they see fit. I question a lot of decisions people make but as long as they don't affect anyone around them, only themselves, I'd say I'm okay with them making those decisions. People have the choice, then, to distance themselves from people they don't like. If a person can't maintain a conversation because they're on their phone all the time I, as a person with my own personal freedom and decisions to make as a grown adult can say "this isn't worth it, I'm leaving."

Per agreeing with my parents, I can do so all I want, that still doesn't make me part of their generation, that is, the baby boomers, which is where the term "boomer" comes from.  Also, the fact that such a term has come into use by the younger generations is just one more example of one of the thing I hate about this culture, that being a general lack of respect for age and wisdom.  I get it, that such is usually the way of thinking of the young, but this society in particular seems to not respect the elderly in many ways.  One of those deals where, at least the lucky of us, tend to realize later than we should just how much knowledge our elders possess.

How cell phone crap affects me?  Two points: 1. I put it off as long as possible, then was told I had to have one by said parents.  It effectively became a car phone (off, and in the car, only to be on and in use when I needed it.)  The complaint comes from the industry I am in an the requirement for smart phones; the only saving grace being that I've discovered that I don't have to continue paying for the phone feature now that I have the programs I need downloaded on to the thing.  Effectively it's now just a pocket computer with these programs loaded.  Oh, and, of course, my phone bill can go from 3x what it was back to the old, far cheaper, value.  The fact that I had to get a smart phone at all is what pisses me off.  Like many things, it's difficult to "adult" in today's world without one.  That said, I've watched as the young kids in the class I'm finishing up will spend seemingly every second available glued to their phones.  It was so bad in earlier years, that the director had to institute a 'no cell phones in class' policy... just like high school.  This is college, folks.  Time to grow up!

11 hours ago, RitualClarity said:

I only wish an ET for the Atari event occurs for modern tripple A studios... perhaps they will learn .. yet again, to start paying attention to details, quality and results...

Also, like the crash of 1983 (for games) many of those companies got bought up by others. Perhaps, some old I.Ps might get new visions and a re-new gaming era can occur.

You are correct, game companies have put out shit.. before, some quite bad.. some terrible... and as before they had a major crash... the problem is now.. there doesn't seem to be the same potential for a gaming crash.. in fact, failures for some of the companies seem to feed into the mega gaming corps as they buy the game and continue the same practice of sending out lots of shit.  I hope that .. eventually even they can't handle doing this and fail

There's good stuff out there you just gotta look for it. Same as the "good old days" that weren't that "good" to begin with. There's more good stuff now that indies are so often successful. Support stuff you like and avoid stuff you don't, it's a free market. Trends lead big corps to change their ways, so be part of a positive trend. If you don't like a company's shitty practices then don't enable them, people make money and spend it, if they have shit taste let them. I saw a guy throw away $25k on stream on a FIFA(?) game. Good on him.

10 hours ago, AKM said:

Per agreeing with my parents, I can do so all I want, that still doesn't make me part of their generation, that is, the baby boomers, which is where the term "boomer" comes from.  Also, the fact that such a term has come into use by the younger generations is just one more example of one of the thing I hate about this culture, that being a general lack of respect for age and wisdom.  I get it, that such is usually the way of thinking of the young, but this society in particular seems to not respect the elderly in many ways.  One of those deals where, at least the lucky of us, tend to realize later than we should just how much knowledge our elders possess.

How cell phone crap affects me?  Two points: 1. I put it off as long as possible, then was told I had to have one by said parents.  It effectively became a car phone (off, and in the car, only to be on and in use when I needed it.)  The complaint comes from the industry I am in an the requirement for smart phones; the only saving grace being that I've discovered that I don't have to continue paying for the phone feature now that I have the programs I need downloaded on to the thing.  Effectively it's now just a pocket computer with these programs loaded.  Oh, and, of course, my phone bill can go from 3x what it was back to the old, far cheaper, value.  The fact that I had to get a smart phone at all is what pisses me off.  Like many things, it's difficult to "adult" in today's world without one.  That said, I've watched as the young kids in the class I'm finishing up will spend seemingly every second available glued to their phones.  It was so bad in earlier years, that the director had to institute a 'no cell phones in class' policy... just like high school.  This is college, folks.  Time to grow up!

Language is arbitrary and dictated by the masses. Boomer is a term used to describe different things now, I.E. someone entrenched in some badly explained ideals. Even if it can also be used to describe that generation the internet, SoCIeTY has shaped its meaning. There's no lack of respect for age and wisdom, you just have Juvenoia. You're doing this really common and disappointing thing people do where they say something and don't support it at all. "There's a general lack of respect for age and wisdom." okay how? "Because there is a way of thinking of the young that is wrong and elders possess knowledge." Okay how? "So let me tell you about my college days and how much I still hate phones."

I'm not even going to acknowledge most of that second paragraph, dude. I'm just disappointed. Just like having a car is a requirement to get around as cities grow, because we live in a SoCiETy information needs to get around fast so phone is as vital a tool as anything else nowadays, every industry requires phones, even construction. When I was doing contracting work I had to use a phone isn't that nuts? I'm sure there was a really angry caveman at one point that really enjoyed walking around gathering fruits and then suddenly there was fire and farming and he couldn't keep up! AAAAA~ The only valid point you made against phones is phone bills, but you don't have to use Verizon or buy a $999 smartphone to get good service since most of them are the same and in fact if there's open WiFi around you can get away with not paying your bill, at your own risk though.

"This is college folks. Time to grow up!" yeah turns out people pay to get into college, if you wanna fuck it up it's up to you, some more of that "personal freedom". You can bring laptops to it to study, you can laze out if you want. Either you pass or don't. Chat all class or sleep it off. It's college and the professors rarely give a fuck. This isn't a new thing either, we can go back in time again and catch college students fucking around in class and being shitty, or skipping classes to fuck in a bathroom. It's not a new thing, phones are just another way to do it. Jesus Christ. How out of touch are you honestly?

54 minutes ago, Alkpaz said:

Here is something pretty shocking.. GamesStop actually tells its employees to take in stolen tech trades. So if you have any shady friends around, let them know. Oh, and btw, if you are an employee of GS and you take in stolen tech, even though you were told specifically to do so, you are committing a felony, but GS will not take that blame, they will hang you out to dry.

This does kinda has to do with the discussion right now about phones. Got some stolen phones??? Trade them at Gamestop for cash dollas no questions asked. 

Oh yeah I worked at GS for a few years, it wasn't as bad back then as it is now that it's more widely known but because of the resale value we were basically fences for stolen phones and iPads and you're not at any point told any of this. During tourist seasons especially here in Florida we'd get a huge influx of people trading in their phones.