5 hours ago, mangalo said:

Does anyone knows what's in the "Devious Bashnag" part of this mod ?  Using the console, I found out the dialogue lines for the Bashnag quest are added by this mod, but there's nothing in the OP describing it...

The Devious Bashnag content adds a minor quest to Bashnag the orc wizard (http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Bashnag) - he will start out un-aggressive to the player and there is a short quest with a few different outcomes.  I recall it seemed to be more of an alternate start quest, since by default all the other casters in the cell are hostile.  I'm not sure if you need to do anything special to start it.

On 11/23/2018 at 1:45 AM, Reesewow said:

The Devious Bashnag content adds a minor quest to Bashnag the orc wizard (http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Bashnag) - he will start out un-aggressive to the player and there is a short quest with a few different outcomes.  I recall it seemed to be more of an alternate start quest, since by default all the other casters in the cell are hostile.  I'm not sure if you need to do anything special to start it.

It makes a bit more sense as a start quest, but really doesn't fit mid-playthrough.  Maybe  @stobor planned something for it then gave up or forgot about it...

5 hours ago, Comrade AethyrMipe said:

Talk to the innkeeper in Falkreath and mention Bashnag

That's how I discovered this quest, but the dialogue tree is really weird.  I didn't even know who Bashnag was and suddenly my character asks if a big orc has been seen ?  Then I'm teleported to him and I call him "Master" ?  What ?  I felt like I just missed a part of the story lol.

On 11/25/2018 at 5:51 AM, mangalo said:

It makes a bit more sense as a start quest, but really doesn't fit mid-playthrough.  Maybe  @stobor planned something for it then gave up or forgot about it...

That's how I discovered this quest, but the dialogue tree is really weird.  I didn't even know who Bashnag was and suddenly my character asks if a big orc has been seen ?  Then I'm teleported to him and I call him "Master" ?  What ?  I felt like I just missed a part of the story lol. 

Originally it was definitely a standalone mod:

Not sure when or why it got folded into this mod. Maybe because that vampire start was added, there was some esp merge which automatically added the Bashnag part as well

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all,

I found this mod the other day and it sounded fantastic; just what I wanted for the Cidhna experience.  However, after installing blood and silver, the prereqs, and this mod, I started having regular crashes.  It seems to be related to when I navigate menu stuff (opening inventory, navigating a menu, etc); the game simply closes.  I feel like it is related to one of the prereqs.  I haven't run bodyslide; I do not really understand how it works.  Would that cause it to crash?

Has anyone else had this issue?  Anyone know what might be causing it?

Thank you

@332qman: Most likely cause, you're simply running out of memory; that will cause Skyrim to CTD without visible explanation.  Blood & Silver mod is a huge expansion (size of the cell, the number of NPCs).  If you were running into a missing texture or something, that'd crash on loading the cell; you seem to be getting past that point.

Best suggestion would be to try it without the Blood & Silver expansion.  If that doesn't solve your CTDs, then it'll be time to look elsewhere for the cause.

21 hours ago, stobor said:

@332qman: Most likely cause, you're simply running out of memory; that will cause Skyrim to CTD without visible explanation.  Blood & Silver mod is a huge expansion (size of the cell, the number of NPCs).  If you were running into a missing texture or something, that'd crash on loading the cell; you seem to be getting past that point.

Best suggestion would be to try it without the Blood & Silver expansion.  If that doesn't solve your CTDs, then it'll be time to look elsewhere for the cause.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I forgot to mention I was not in Cidhna Mine while this was happening; I was still in Markarth.

I did as you suggested though, I managed to get through "Escape from Cidhna Mine" without any trouble.  However, once we were all back in Markarth and the big battle began, I started to CTD like crazy.  Whether I open a menu or just stand there and let events unfold.

Nah, this mod doesn't add scripts to the guards, nor edit their AI behavior.  I've had problems (w/ Blood & Silver installed) from the sheer number of NPCs in that battle, but never had any issues relating to Devious Cidhna itself.  At that point, we're past almost all the edits this mod makes.

A couple of other things that might be worth trying:

1. try to ensure that you emerge from the mine at night (past midnight) to cut down on civilian NPCs in the way.
  2. once the battle intro scene is done, duck back indoors while it plays out.  Assuming you can do that without a CTD snagging you first...
10 hours ago, jlttsmiley said:

Was this added mid game or a new game. This adds and changes npcs so if a past save can conflict with the new scripts from this mod like guards having to fight in the middle of the city.

It was added mid game.  I didn't discover the mod until I'd already started. 

7 hours ago, stobor said:

Nah, this mod doesn't add scripts to the guards, nor edit their AI behavior.  I've had problems (w/ Blood & Silver installed) from the sheer number of NPCs in that battle, but never had any issues relating to Devious Cidhna itself.  At that point, we're past almost all the edits this mod makes.

A couple of other things that might be worth trying:

1. try to ensure that you emerge from the mine at night (past midnight) to cut down on civilian NPCs in the way.
  2. once the battle intro scene is done, duck back indoors while it plays out.  Assuming you can do that without a CTD snagging you first...

Maybe the prereqs add something to NPCs?  It might also be related to something in my equipment?  Since that was just given back after the escape.

I'll give your suggestions a try.

So I waited inside for the fight to finish, left Markarth, went to their Forwsorn camp and started the next quest.  I had one CTD while hanging out in Markarth but the next reload I ran straight out.

After that one everything seemed fine. 

Maybe Markarth had too much activity going on.

• 1 month later...

Is there no MCM for this mod?  Author might consider adding one that allows the the different parts of the mod to be enabled and disabled. while I like most of the content in it, I ended up using 1.09 instead of 1.10 (versioning is written weird), because I'm already using deviously helpless, and I like that better.

• 2 weeks later...

Seems i lost all my gold in Pirate Prize quest. I found the chest that had my gear in it but i had over 4000 gold. Checked all chests and leftover bodies a second time after i got out. Went off and finished Lights Out! as well but neither Deeja or Jaree-Ra had stolen them.

19 minutes ago, Zaflis said:

Seems i lost all my gold in Pirate Prize quest. I found the chest that had my gear in it but i had over 4000 gold. Checked all chests and leftover bodies a second time after i got out. Went off and finished Lights Out! as well but neither Deeja or Jaree-Ra had stolen them.

It's been a while since I used this mod but from memory you do lose all your gold in Pirate Prize. Everything else is recoverable from the First Mate's chest.

• 3 weeks later...

First of all good job with conversion, it seems to work with Blood and Silver - Cidhna Mine Expanded from Nexus.

Also I have a few ideas for this mod to make it more viable for... me at least.

Add possibility to have sex with other girls who then would drop or give the needed item. Also another option to choose between rape and non-rape scenes.

My character happens to be an arrow-proof lesbian who accept only girls when it comes to sex. Those pesky little males don't have a chance against her vampiric powers.

I can't get the meet the neighbors quest to trigger. Tried starting the quest with setstage DvCidhna_MorKhazgur 0 / 10 but that didn't trigger it / affect the stage. Playing as a female character, borkhul died originally i think but I console cheated him back in. I'm on SSE.

Edit: Gonna try and find borkhuls corpse now, ressurrect it and move it to druadach, see if that fixes it.

Edit 2 : Yep that was the problem

Hey Stobor I think this is an awesome idea and I really want to play your mod, (I have Skyrim SE). When I use the Fomod or the regular devious cidhna mine, my game fails to start up. When I use the non-localized esp (I know it is for modder use mainly), I get the original dialogue options but no scenes, and the dialogue doesn't change. I really want to use this mod, maybe it was sabotaged by 1.5.73 skse 2.0.15? Thanks

44 minutes ago, reversepocketwatch said:

Hey Stobor I think this is an awesome idea and I really want to play your mod, (I have Skyrim SE). When I use the Fomod or the regular devious cidhna mine, my game fails to start up. When I use the non-localized esp (I know it is for modder use mainly), I get the original dialogue options but no scenes, and the dialogue doesn't change. I really want to use this mod, maybe it was sabotaged by 1.5.73 skse 2.0.15? Thanks

Try installing these:

Devious Cidhna v1_10_FOMOD.7Z (i don't know if you actually need this with SE, but the other file is much smaller and i don't know if it contains everything it needs)

Devious Cidhna v1_10_SE.7z - Overwrite the FOMOD files with this if asks.