Is there a console command for triggering the dialogue for Rolff, Yngvar, or Harrald that leads to the Lost Knife scenario? Or at least one that says the conditions for them is met or that the dialogue is completed? Met all the requirements after finishing the mine & they don't do anything to me other than the usual dialogue from them

• 1 month later...
On 8/23/2019 at 10:14 PM, LesboIsBesto said:

Is there a console command for triggering the dialogue for Rolff, Yngvar, or Harrald that leads to the Lost Knife scenario? Or at least one that says the conditions for them is met or that the dialogue is completed? Met all the requirements after finishing the mine & they don't do anything to me other than the usual dialogue from them

I'm having this issue as well. I wonder if moving it lower on the  load order will work? I thought I read that a few pages back... but then maybe it was a different mod... Anyone any ideas or fixes for this? Thanks! 

I've never had any problem with anything preempting their dialogue for the "Fair Game" quest (the prereq for the Lost Knife scenario).  You have to avoid wearing a conflicting device (collar or gag), but that's it.  Load order shouldn't have any effect.

6 hours ago, stobor said:

I've never had any problem with anything preempting their dialogue for the "Fair Game" quest (the prereq for the Lost Knife scenario).  You have to avoid wearing a conflicting device (collar or gag), but that's it.  Load order shouldn't have any effect.

I was completely naked with no other mods trying to interfere in the moments I approached em. Nothing would happen. And yes I met the other requirements for the quest.  It says Cursed Loot's gear will be used if it is available, but the last time I had gotten to Lost Knife I didnt have Cursed Loot in a different save game. Perhaps that might be the issue?

1 hour ago, stobor said:

@LesboIsBesto:  SSE or Oldrim?  (not that it should matter, just want to check assumptions).  Is the quest running ('sqv DvCidhna_Prey')?  If not, can you start it from console (or does it fail, e.g. because some alias couldn't be filled)?

I'm running oldrim, also what's the command to start it from the console? 

1 hour ago, spartan40 said:

I'm running oldrim, also what's the command to start it from the console? 

startquest DvCidhna_Prey

but check first (as described in last post), because there's no point in starting the quest if it's already running.

On 10/12/2019 at 6:53 PM, stobor said:

@LesboIsBesto:  SSE or Oldrim?  (not that it should matter, just want to check assumptions).  Is the quest running ('sqv DvCidhna_Prey')?  If not, can you start it from console (or does it fail, e.g. because some alias couldn't be filled)?

in Oldrim, if that code is the command for the Lost Knife scenario, where would I start it? Before talkin to either of those guys b4 the lady at the mill? Dont know how to check if its running b4 tho

@LesboIsBesto: The 'sqv' command in the post you quoted will tell you if that quest is running (among many other things).  The 'startquest' command will (attempt to) start it, if for some reason it isn't already running in the background; if that fails, then there is something in your game fatally breaking the quest (and preventing the lead-in to Lost Knife from starting).

Gilfre's topic is tied to Stage 30 of this quest.  Harrald etc. are earlier.

Just to be clear, this quest is the trigger for the Lost Knife scenario, it is not the quest that handles that scenario itself.

Also: this quest does not support followers, so if you have one that might be another reason why the dialogue options aren't showing for you.

5 hours ago, stobor said:

@LesboIsBesto: The 'sqv' command in the post you quoted will tell you if that quest is running (among many other things).  The 'startquest' command will (attempt to) start it, if for some reason it isn't already running in the background; if that fails, then there is something in your game fatally breaking the quest (and preventing the lead-in to Lost Knife from starting).

Gilfre's topic is tied to Stage 30 of this quest.  Harrald etc. are earlier.

Just to be clear, this quest is the trigger for the Lost Knife scenario, it is not the quest that handles that scenario itself.

Also: this quest does not support followers, so if you have one that might be another reason why the dialogue options aren't showing for you.

I dont use followers. Also how would I type it if I wanted to skip Harrald's part in it? And if its better that I dont, would I just type startquest with the name I quoted earlier and that would work in theory?

3 hours ago, LesboIsBesto said:

I dont use followers. Also how would I type it if I wanted to skip Harrald's part in it? And if its better that I dont, would I just type startquest with the name I quoted earlier and that would work in theory?

I am not going to hold your hand through the quest via console, so this is the last thing I'm going to write on this subject.  If you're trying to diagnose an actual bug, that's one thing - I'll try to help.  But this discussion has had nothing to suggest a bug, so I'm done with it.

1. Check if the quest is already running (and so far nobody has reported back on this question):  sqv DvCidhna_Prey
  2. To skip Harrald etc.:  setstage DvCidhna_Prey 30
  3. Talk to Gilfre.

NOTE: the Lost Knife scenario is somewhat bugged by recent versions of DD (yokes no longer permit any use of crafting stations, breaking one of the escape routes).  So use it at your own risk.

6 hours ago, stobor said:

I am not going to hold your hand through the quest via console, so this is the last thing I'm going to write on this subject.  If you're trying to diagnose an actual bug, that's one thing - I'll try to help.  But this discussion has had nothing to suggest a bug, so I'm done with it.

1. Check if the quest is already running (and so far nobody has reported back on this question):  sqv DvCidhna_Prey
  2. To skip Harrald etc.:  setstage DvCidhna_Prey 30
  3. Talk to Gilfre.

NOTE: the Lost Knife scenario is somewhat bugged by recent versions of DD (yokes no longer permit any use of crafting stations, breaking one of the escape routes).  So use it at your own risk.

This is about diagnosing a bug because the last mod to give me this issue was Captured Dreams and the literal only solution back then after trying multiple failed solutions by the author was using quest command in the console to advance the quest through >.>

I dont consider that hand holding, I consider it fixing an unworkable bug on the users side that saved hours of time that wouldve been spent reconfiguring the mod from scratch

So the same thing can be possibly be happening here too & that command might be the only way it'll work. I've already tried getting the quest in different in save games (no console used) so this is something permeating my whole game since the last time I played any Cidhna content

8 hours ago, stobor said:

@LesboIsBesto:  If you're trying to get my help to debug, then more info needs to flow back to me.  And yet again, no response to the question of whether or not the quest was actually already running.  That's kinda key info.

well I originally posted my issue with this quest nearly 2 MONTHS ago and since the 1st reply, a lot of other shiet both in this game and with real life responsibilities had happened so Ive been tryin to gather info on whatever I can to do for when I can finally get to workin on it

So pardon me for not jumping back into the game the instant I get a reply after I had reason to believe no one was comin to help after all this time \:

Anyways I had deleted my saves with any Cidhna progress made long after my initial post so I just now finished getting through it all and now the quest worked for some reason. I ran through the mod as quick as possible and had no followers or other quests running and the dialogue option for Yngvar to place the devices on me worked. After that I ran the SQV command and the quest was running so now I have no clue as to why it was broken before. Both the last time I ran into this issue and running the quest today were on the same save game and were ran under the same conditions soooo no idea what is left to do. Least now if the quest breaks again I know how to check for it or advance the stages artificially so thanks for that info, its better than nothing at all

2 hours ago, LesboIsBesto said:

So pardon me for not jumping back into the game the instant I get a reply after I had reason to believe no one was comin to help after all this time \:

I'll be happy to give you a full refund on your tech support subscri... oh.

Anyway, glad it seems to be working for you now.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

why do u make a mod for se that requires old rim mods ?!

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/1052-devious-cidhna-may-5-2018/

under requirements... the device mods are for oldrim, they are listed as not compatible for se, why do u link these mods to us that potentially break our game ?!

if there is somehow a way to still use the device mods u have to at least give a tip or a small guide or just the correct link for newer players. this is not the first time i see a se file that requires le requirements...

On 1/4/2020 at 2:15 PM, 0wnyx said:

why do u make a mod for se that requires old rim mods ?!

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/1052-devious-cidhna-may-5-2018/

under requirements... the device mods are for oldrim, they are listed as not compatible for se, why do u link these mods to us that potentially break our game ?!

if there is somehow a way to still use the device mods u have to at least give a tip or a small guide or just the correct link for newer players. this is not the first time i see a se file that requires le requirements...

You are likely to see them quite a lot in this forum, because this IS Oldrim forum: Downloads - SexLab Framework LE.
LE = Legendary Edition (32bit "Oldrim.")
SE (or SSE) = Special Edition (64bit Skyrim Special Edition.)

This mod - as others in this subforum - were made for 32bit game. Mod has SE version in Download section, but you naturally need to pick up requirements from Special Edition subforum. ? https://www.loverslab.com/forum/315-downloads-sexlab-framework-se/

12 hours ago, Morferous said:

You are likely to see them quite a lot in this forum, because this IS Oldrim forum: Downloads - SexLab Framework LE.
LE = Legendary Edition (32bit "Oldrim.")
SE (or SSE) = Special Edition (64bit Skyrim Special Edition.)

This mod - as others in this subforum - were made for 32bit game. Mod has SE version in Download section, but you naturally need to pick up requirements from Special Edition subforum. ? https://www.loverslab.com/forum/315-downloads-sexlab-framework-se/ 

even if its posted in the le subforum, its still advertised as se ....

"Devious Cidhna (May-5-2018) 1.10 SE" therefore it would nice if the requirements would be also linked for se... especially everything device related. since there so many device mods that its hard for newer player to keep track. or simply create a new thread with new requirements for se.

• 3 weeks later...

So I'm trying out "Playing with your food" on Skyrim SE.  Are the vampires supposed to do something else besides laugh and say "Don't wander off now"  That is all they seem to be doing.  Is there something I am missing?

edit:  Okay, looking in the creation kit it looks like my issue may be that none of the vampires are being as the "Master" as such all I get is the base dialog.

Edit 2:: Found the problem. All the interaction for the 'Master vampire' is coded for Male vampires only.  Pretty much every vampire I have spawned with in the cave  has been female.  Most likely due to Deadly wenches.

16 hours ago, Arcticelf said:

So I'm trying out "Playing with your food" on Skyrim SE.  Are the vampires supposed to do something else besides laugh and say "Don't wander off now"  That is all they seem to be doing.  Is there something I am missing?

edit:  Okay, looking in the creation kit it looks like my issue may be that none of the vampires are being as the "Master" as such all I get is the base dialog.

Edit 2:: Found the problem. All the interaction for the 'Master vampire' is coded for Male vampires only.  Pretty much every vampire I have spawned with in the cave  has been female.  Most likely due to Deadly wenches.

This are addon quest that use some of SD+ script but not the binding to a master quest which would overright the quest written by this mods.

Playing with the Food:

Hide contents
  1. The quest may be started by talking to Hert, at Half-Moon Mill, with a topic starting 'What?'.
  2. The quest will use either Pinemoon Cave or Broken Fang Cave.
  3. This quest is primarily intended as a way to contract vampirism, and it is probably best suited to lower-level characters.
  4. The character may black out from blood loss from time to time, and will not regenerate normally after a feeding. She may be able to use sex as a diversion to keep the master vampire from feeding quite so often.
  5. If she's really submissive, she might escape without any restraints; any resistance will result in a gag or blindfold - which the master vampire will not remove, even after she turns. After turning, she will be kicked loose to fend for herself.
  6. It will be difficult to fight the vampires while enthralled, unless perhaps by a successful sneak attack. Usually, fighting will just result in more restraints, and a period in the cage. Failed escape attempts will result in a period in the cage too.
  7. Stolen gear is in the boss chest (locked) and may be lost if it isn't retrieved before the cell resets. Plan accordingly.