Guess This Location.

6 minutes ago, The First Lady of Hats said:

I was in that place not ten minutes ago hunting some musicy things xD

But I will see if'n others can git it. :]

I got there hunting books for Urag. That's a really nasty boss in there for my sort of character as you can't remain stealthy, so I had to cheat in the end to finish it

37 minutes ago, Slorm said:

Here's another one. I've been playing Skyrim for years but it's the first time I've come across this place.

Spoiler

ScreenShot186.thumb.jpg.d3a08d6ed65b0d8fd3b8336477c44c43.jpg

Seriously ? If it's the one, that i'm thinking of, then you missed some funny quests until now :D

It should be:

Spoiler

Halldir's Cave

38 minutes ago, Slorm said:

Here's another one. I've been playing Skyrim for years but it's the first time I've come across this place.

ScreenShot186.thumb.jpg.d3a08d6ed65b0d8fd3b8336477c44c43.jpg

It looks for all the world like Halldir's Cairn. If it is that is out of the way unless you want the drum or someone sends you there as a quest.

3 minutes ago, worik said:

Seriously ? If it's the one, that i'm thinking of, then you missed some funny quests until now :D

It should be:

Reveal hidden contents

Halldir's Cave

Indeed it is (actually to be pedantic it's Cairn :classic_smile:):beer:

7 minutes ago, Slorm said:

Indeed it is (actually to be pedantic it's Cairn :classic_smile:):beer:

*sigh* I really really really should read up the proper names ...  Still amazing, that I got "Halldir" spelled the right way :classic_happy:

3 minutes ago, worik said:

*sigh* I really really really should read up the proper names ...  Still amazing, that I got "Halldir" spelled the right way :classic_happy:

Let it go Worik. There is nothing quite as sublime as watching a pediatric pedestrian become a pedant peddling a moped! ?

14 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

I have never worked out quite what the light column thing has to do with anything.

Power conduit from the sacrificial altar/stone pile to the ghost that stands on top of the grate above? That's about the only thing it could be and it's in Bugthesda's overly simplistic style. I just ask myself, "What would be the most blatantly obvious thing it could be?" Because we're talking about a company who hires writer(s) and editors with room temperature IQs--Celsius, not Fahrenheit.

2 hours ago, Psalam said:

Let it go Worik. There is nothing quite as sublime as watching a pediatric pedestrian become a pedant peddling a moped! ?

If we are doing pedantic: Your sig is wrong. The wise have nothing to learn; that is why they are wise. One class of the ignorant seek to study philosophy in order to become wise and the other, larger, class of the ignorant do not seek learn anything. [Sokrates (paraphrase)] ?

4 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

If we are doing pedantic: Your sig is wrong. The wise have nothing to learn; that is why they are wise. One class of the ignorant seek to study philosophy in order to become wise and the other, larger, class of the ignorant do not seek learn anything. [Sokrates (paraphrase)] ?

Au contraire. Socrates also famously said (quoting the oracle of Delphi) that the wise man is he who knows that he knows nothing. Not that I disagree with what you say about the ignorant. I hope that as I get older I become more wise but I must admit that I certainly feel I know less every year as I age (and I am not even counting memory loss in there)! Seeing so much does tend to dampen your certainty about the things you THOUGHT you knew. ?

4 minutes ago, Psalam said:

Socrates also famously said (quoting the oracle of Delphi) that the wise man is he who knows that he knows nothing

Nope. The oracle was asked who the wisest man was and answered 'Socrates'. On being informed of this, Socrates asked how it could be when he knew nothing.

Age brings experience. Wisdom or true knowledge comes from within via study and meditiation. Philosophy is yoga if you listen to the likes of Socrates, Buddha, Lao et al. If you go to uni philosophy is just word soup.

4 hours ago, Slorm said:

Bard College instrument quest, Runil has sent me there for his journal (I guess he got to the first area, dropped it in fright and a draugr picked it up for its boss), or just because I know its there, been there a few times. I'm sure I have 3-4 I just never visit of my own.

2 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

I have never worked out quite what the light column thing has to do with anything.

I think it is a magical power source as well though without an apparent collector in the ceiling of the room above.

Forgot I had another one ready.

Hide contents

That's a little POI that should have a bunch of books scattered around the cart. Chillwind Depths is kinda close and behind you, Robbers Gorge off to your right down the river. The sawmill and farm outside Dragons Bridge is up river to your left.

20 minutes ago, karlpaws said:

That's a little POI that should have a bunch of books scattered around the cart. Chillwind Depths is kinda close and behind you, Robbers Gorge off to your right down the river. The sawmill and farm outside Dragons Bridge is up river to your left.

That's the one. It's called 'The runaway cart' or similar. The books are there in the grass.

Bump. Nobody having a go?

It looks a bit falmer-ish ...abit ...but I can't point my finger at it, yet ?

Though I'm pretty sure I've seen that sight before .... so I should know it.

Edit:

NO! No Falmers here :)

It's

Spoiler

Brood cavern

Bump. Nobody having a go?

FYI The cat died not long after, deaded by a snowy one no less.

9 minutes ago, worik said:

It looks a bit falmer-ish ...abit ...but I can't point my finger at it, yet ?

Though I'm pretty sure I've seen that sight before .... so I should know it.

I'm not thinking falmer but animal cave and wonder if its the Brood Cavern I posted I guess 2 months ago. Had to look through my attachments list to figure out where I was.