Guess This Location.

9 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

Nothing remotely dangerous down here as far as I know. Well, I could probably use a bit more light on the stairs.

Stupid me:

Spoiler

?‍♀️Stupid me ... really .....!

The god of death? I know him well.

S12905.thumb.jpg.b41246e833d061388d7f468b486dfb19.jpg

Spoiler

Holy devines, holy devines, let me repent my sins.

Spoiler

Windhelm, Hall of the dead

Gand Hotel, business suite .....was it with a balcony to the beach?

Minibar is included, just ring the bell if you need anything. Our staff will immediately take care of your wishes.

ScreenShot704.thumb.jpg.2002c5763d72225d964ddd9b14775cc8.jpg

23 minutes ago, karlpaws said:

I think that's Sunderstone Gorge, but lacking in both balconies and beaches. Looks like you're where a mage is usually using a cookpot.

No balcony? No beach ? I knew there was a downside.

Well ... let's go straight to the bar and get you your drink ?:)

48 minutes ago, worik said:

I thought it was Hag's End? The are 2 hags and a Hagraven in the room through the arch.

4 hours ago, worik said:

Stupid me:

Reveal hidden contents

?‍♀️Stupid me ... really .....!

The god of death? I know him well.

S12905.thumb.jpg.b41246e833d061388d7f468b486dfb19.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

Holy devines, holy devines, let me repent my sins.

Reveal hidden contents

Windhelm, Hall of the dead

Hall of the Dead, Windhelm. I always get lost in there and have to run around like a lunatic trying to find my way back to the door. 

8 hours ago, worik said:

If the cookpot is a bar, then ok.  Otherwise the selection of drinks on the table might be a little thin.

7 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

I thought it was Hag's End? The are 2 hags and a Hagraven in the room through the arch.

Hall of the Dead, Windhelm. I always get lost in there and have to run around like a lunatic trying to find my way back to the door. 

I get turned around in the windy hall of the dead plus me as well.

I haven't been in Hag's End enough or recently to recognize where the room could be there but I've been through Sunderstone enough to recognize this one. You come in from the right, past a pair of soul stone flame traps and try not to alert the mages who can shoot fireballs at you from cover. A fireball or extended range fire rune spell can trigger that patch of oil though and mess up their day. They'll raise the corpse in the cage but without health or much intelligence it never posed much of a problem. I think some times the door is locked too.

If memory serves, the Hag's End room is the last before the exit. You enter a largish dining room with 2(?) hags sat at the table and the Hagraven stood(?) at the far end of it. If the room in the screen was the room I thought of it would be at 90 degs to the main room. Might not even be Hag's End I'm thinking of. . .

11 hours ago, worik said:

Definitely so. I mirrored left to right in that picture and it didn't fool you ? ?

nah, I just didn't notice the mirroring but now I'll have to go look.  I did think it odd I couldn't see the fire place I thought was there, but figured it was just past the edge of the camera.

I would guess somewhere in the sweep of mountains running from Hillgrund's way over to the east. I can't see anything in the image to differentiate it from any other spot apart from the signpost. Ivarstead to the left and Windhelm, Shor's Stone and Riften to the right?

2 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

I would guess

well, at least you've placed it in the right hold.

But signposts, not so many there are. Few crossroads they have. The path, the answer is. ;)

7 hours ago, worik said:

well, at least you've placed it in the right hold.

But signposts, not so many there are. Few crossroads they have. The path, the answer is. ;)

Now, I'm thinking the place he described is in Eastmarch, so being in the right hold could also include the pass between Kynesgrove and Windhelm which it kinda looks like, but there isn't a sign there.

Can't decide if that's an east/west location and you caught the sun, or a north/south one and you timed it wonderfully. I don't think you're that dedicated to the craft, so that would also rule out near Kynesgrove.  :classic_angel:

Crossroad/crossing but Darkwater Crossing is close to Hillgrunds, so that's out.  Sounds like it is a long path someplace that does not have many crossings and the signpost is just out there to remind you where you're going.

I do think it would be along the Rift/Eastmarch border though, since that is where most of the very steep, non-snow covered passes are. My sign guess is Windhelm to the left, and Ivarstead, Riften to the right, with Helgen on the lower, tacked to the front of the post sign.  I think I need to go looking though.

EDIT think I found it.

Spoiler

1315488348_roadsignsunrise.thumb.jpg.745dd70913b575c808c2e62d5060163a.jpg

Across the river, hang a left from Darkwater Crossing, cross the large bridge at the base of the falls and another left, right up the hill side.

I could have waited 20 hours probably and gotten an eye full of rising sun, but got jumped by a highwayman on the bridge and didn't want his reinforcements to show up.

5 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

I think I'll stick this one in karlpaws' in-tray.

yeah, sure, just toss it in my box and head to bed.

fine... I'll deal with it.

?

11 hours ago, karlpaws said:

yeah, sure, just toss it in my box and head to bed.

Ah, you saw through my cunning plan.

"Now, I'm thinking the place he described is in Eastmarch, so being in the right hold could also include the pass between Kynesgrove and Windhelm which it kinda looks like, but there isn't a sign there".

I was actually walking along there last night and stopped to see if it was the spot.