Guess This Location.

40 minutes ago, karlpaws said:

I will have that happen but rarely and never in any one consistant location.

Same here. Whenever Skyrim's camera decides to bug out. Which is too often when it happens at all. Proof that the all the characters in Skyrim have nothing in their heads!

7 hours ago, Slorm said:

And... hows about this

I really think I should know, but I'm tired.

I do have this one I took a few days ago when I couldn't post.  Now that whatever bug is gone, this shot, not of a dungeon where you'd expect a mess...

whatamess.jpg

39 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

I'm thinking a Hall of the Dead but I can't figure out which one. I tried process of elimination and ended up with none left. Going off the stonework I'd say Riften or Windhelm. Final answer: Riften Hall of the Dead. audience gasps

As we return from commercial (did it really take me nearly an hour to read through and post replies... yeesh, oh, and get lunch, let cat in, feed the cat, let cat out... ok)

Yeah, that's around the corner to the left as you came in the door and face the table. I thought it odd that Alessandra would be unhappy about her job to the point of doing such slip shod work. Coffins stacked around with bones and skulls in them, and not even the right numbers either.

1 minute ago, Psalam said:

Now THAT would be an awesome effect in a mod somewhere. ?

Probably possible, might even exist.

There is a spell effect that makes the character transparent, but the % can be less than 100, I think.  It is similar to how tattoos and overlays are done, and can be done with armor as well, I think.

You could take a look at the Philter of the Phantom potion and how it does that. Maybe make your own.  If that isn't just the ghost effect, which I think is something else entirely. (too visible, too white).

8 hours ago, Slorm said:

And... hows about this

ScreenShot183.thumb.jpg.af3b69818c4641dd24a8a919f2bc3692.jpg

Let's see, watery dungeon (don't see many of those) with spider webs all over (not much of that to find either). It looks like a vanilla Skyrim location rather than Darkfall Cave. So I have to guess - Liar's Retreat. ⛈️

4 minutes ago, karlpaws said:

Probably possible, might even exist.

There is a spell effect that makes the character transparent, but the % can be less than 100, I think.  It is similar to how tattoos and overlays are done, and can be done with armor as well, I think.

You could take a look at the Philter of the Phantom potion and how it does that. Maybe make your own.  If that isn't just the ghost effect, which I think is something else entirely. (too visible, too white).

Thanks. If I decide to get brave and make a mod with a spectral side (for the record, that's two BIG ifs) I will bear that in mind.

59 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

Final answer: Riften Hall of the Dead.

+1

It  really looks like the mess in Riften.

Some mod (forgotten which one) places an idle NPC there for that job. An apprentice priest, swooping the floor, smashing some pottery (cool sound, especially if you hear it the first time and wonder what that was).

2 hours ago, worik said:

+1

It  really looks like the mess in Riften.

Some mod (forgotten which one) places an idle NPC there for that job. An apprentice priest, swooping the floor, smashing some pottery (cool sound, especially if you hear it the first time and wonder what that was).

I think inconsequential NPCs does, one of the teenager NPCs that has a romance going with another teen npc and sits on a bench outside the Temple of Mara.

1 hour ago, Grey Cloud said:

Pure coincidence. Only came across it yesterday while looking for something else. Never occurred to me when Inte posted, it was only karlpaws mentioning a 'ghost effect' that started the cogs turning.

and I've seen that mod too, but I was thinking of more than just sex, going to the base mechanic, for an always on kind of effect.  That mod does give you a slider for transparency though, so you can be as solid or not, as you like.