REQUEST: IGNORE feature to include Mod Downloads

I agree but not sure what can be done. The issue seems to have accelerated in the last few weeks. Multiple single mods with very simple edits that spam the download page. What gets me is at the same time they are listed as new mods, they also spam the Recently updated list,

I won't name names, but one particular member posted within his work ... "A little bit of eyecandy, who has intentions to be famous Submitter".  Clearly, submitting mass numbers of files is an intent.  "Today only"... (as of NOW), he had submitted twenty-two (22) individual single-file downloads within the Sims4 board.  That shows intent to increase one's post count, and nothing more.

Insofar as control, moderator hands are essentially tied.  This given basic rules among forums, me being staff of at least two.  The issue is that the content is valid downloadable working material.  And as each is individual, it cannot be classified as duplication, or as either either spam or flooding.

Edited by LongDukDong
46 minutes ago, LongDukDong said:

"A little bit of eyecandy, who has intentions to be famous Submitter"

Or infamous.

Just looking at the mod images you refer to, many look like the same head and body. Same jawline, same high cheekbones, same nose, eyes . . . just changing skin and makeup. I understand mods hands being tied by forum rules. Maybe "Good Faith" could be added? Or a daily mod upload limit.

Still have no clue why New mods also show on Recently Updated header. If nothing else it seems like a waste of storage/bandwidth over time.

1 hour ago, bucpar said:

Still have no clue why New mods also show on Recently Updated header. If nothing else it seems like a waste of storage/bandwidth over time.

Yeah, it's like saying that something is 'New and Improved'   Well, if it is new, then how can it have been improved? :wacko:

Insofar as mod upload limits... gotta watch that.  Would that be per download or download topic?  For example, I have a mod page where the single mod requires six downloaded files (that big).

23 minutes ago, LongDukDong said:

Yeah, it's like saying that something is 'New and Improved'   Well, if it is new, then how can it have been improved? :wacko:

Insofar as mod upload limits... gotta watch that.  Would that be per download or download topic?  For example, I have a mod page where the single mod requires six downloaded files (that big).

I'm just spitballing ideas. And only talking about uploads, X number of new topics a 24-hour period. The reality is that most of the spammy mods could go into one topic.

Anyway, solution is above my pay grade. As a user who checks download page almost daily, it is very annoying. There are too many good mods and creators here to get bumped.

I literally just found a new mod posted today in Fallout 4 sub not listed on What's New  . . .

Edited by bucpar

It would be lovely if you could ....  HRM...   

Do we have an IGNORE function?

I never bothered with it here.  But it would be so sweet if IGNORE would allow, not just ignoring a member's posts or PMs, but their new and updated mods as well.

EDITED:

Pity.   Unfortunately, it does NOT allow ignoring new/updated mod notifications.

If not...   It's a bit soon after the 2nd server glitch to put forth a request like that... warranted as it may be.  BUT would be a good idea if IGNORE doesn't yet have that function.

Edited by LongDukDong
2 hours ago, LongDukDong said:

It would be lovely if you could ....  HRM...   

Do we have an IGNORE function?

I never bothered with it here.  But it would be so sweet if IGNORE would allow, not just ignoring a member's posts or PMs, but their new and updated mods as well.

EDITED:

Pity.   Unfortunately, it does NOT allow ignoring new/updated mod notifications.

If not...   It's a bit soon after the 2nd server glitch to put forth a request like that... warranted as it may be.  BUT would be a good idea if IGNORE doesn't yet have that function.

Well, too bad. Here's to hoping it eventually gets that option. Thanks for for the info and have anice day ?

5 hours ago, bucpar said:

Basically guessing here, but I've had several cases of needing to make some edits to the mod description right after the initial upload/publish because I'm a dumdum that always leaves some typos or misses some stuff, so if the mod is uploaded and then edited right away I assume it will qualify to show up on both lists.

Then again those people may be intentionally doing so to flood all possible lists with their shit. Actually scratch the "may", I'm sure they're doing it.

2 hours ago, 27X said:

It's one game and the same "modders" almost every time, not really a mystery.

Yeah, this is like the third or fourth time so people get fed up with the Sims 4 shit spammers and complain about it; I have yet to see anyone complain of any similar phenomena in any of the other game's sections, at all. Curious. ?

Wonder how hard it would be to make block/ignore also prevent mods from showing up in those two sections (or even the full mod browse page). Or maybe just offer a blanket "Block all Sims content from showing up for me" in the user config, because I get the feeling the overlap between "Sims users" and "literally-everything-else users" is low if it even exists at all.

10 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

Basically guessing here, but I've had several cases of needing to make some edits to the mod description right after the initial upload/publish because I'm a dumdum that always leaves some typos or misses some stuff, so if the mod is uploaded and then edited right away I assume it will qualify to show up on both lists.

Then again those people may be intentionally doing so to flood all possible lists with their shit. Actually scratch the "may", I'm sure they're doing it.

Yeah, this is like the third or fourth time so people get fed up with the Sims 4 shit spammers and complain about it; I have yet to see anyone complain of any similar phenomena in any of the other game's sections, at all. Curious. ?

Wonder how hard it would be to make block/ignore also prevent mods from showing up in those two sections (or even the full mod browse page). Or maybe just offer a blanket "Block all Sims content from showing up for me" in the user config, because I get the feeling the overlap between "Sims users" and "literally-everything-else users" is low if it even exists at all.

Filters aren't out of the realm of doable, simply a time spent/cost thing.

Edited by 27X

I could be wrong about this but doesn't sims 4 have a sim uploader built into the game itself?

Most of these files are pushing 200MBs each. Its got to be adding disproportionate strain on LL storage?

Why not just let megabucks ea host them...?

(Why are they so big even when compressed?)

Would be nice to select your preferred game(s) and only see those show up on your dashboard. No idea about how hard it would be. It might be an extreme move, and almost bordering on some kind of Bethesda Supremacy, but could that single game simply be filtered out?

15 hours ago, Elgate said:

I mean, title.

I understand that making a mod is hard work, and you want as much visibility as possible but I'm not playing sims4 and I'm not interested to know that there are 22 new mods added in the last two hours, 16 of which are character that could all have been put in the same download list, for convenience.

Every day there are new mods like these, filling the "new mods" feed and "new topic" feed. It's as if people decided to release 16 damn body preset for Bodyslide. It makes sense on a website like Nexus where frontpage is decided by interest of people, but on loverslab, it's only the "newest" stuff. It doesn't matter if nobody uses or care about while the most amazing new mod has been buried.

Sorry for the rant. Again, I understand that it's work, I'm just tired that all new topics are filled with the exact same stuff, and it makes checking new stuff for what I care about much harder. If there is a way to hide those, I am sorry I did not know. Please enlighten me so I may return to the shadows where I usually lurk.

Thank you for your time and have a wonderful day.

> I completely agree. I think that mod categories and sorts should be better organized and divided. But, I learned so far that the software LL uses is "limited" in its functions and has limited tweaking options. So, I am frustrated sometimes, but i accept it at the end. it is either accept it peacefully or leave LL in rage and anger, which I'm fighting hard not to do. :)  After all I ❤️  this site regardless.

1 minute ago, Gukahn said:

I must say.. The Sims uploads these days.. One new Topic for each painting, this guy is overdoing it ?

> tell me about it. there is his twin in blog section. He always must be on the top and what is veeeery interesting, whenever his entry falls down for two or three places, "somebody" always post a comment to lift his entry on the top. I don't mind people posting whenever they want but wanting to be always first and on the top ... well ?

19 minutes ago, Evaloves4 said:

mind people posting whenever they want but wanting to be always first and on the top ... well

Sounds like a waste of time..  I mean i get why some people try to push their ego online,at least i try to understand it and i would lie if i say it doesn't feel nice to get upvotes or nice comments, but that..  ? I fear i am too old to understand people who compensate  on the internet..

Edited by Gukahn
8 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

There was actually an attempt by the staff to curb this behavior. Its possible to report people/uploads for "excessive Bumping". Not sure if this actually stopped the droolies over there from doing it, though.
BUUUT, maybe, the current upload-spam is a direct result from this? you CAN get reported for excessive Bumping, but you CAN´T get reported for excessive uploading...

While I would of course advocate for just getting rid of the sims sections completely and leave the vegetables to their own devices, an daily uploadlimit might actually be a good idea. Those who are actually capable of creating something worthwhile will never upload more than a single thing per day.

7 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

Most of these files are pushing 200MBs each. Its got to be adding disproportionate strain on LL storage?

Why not just let megabucks ea host them...?

(Why are they so big even when compressed?)

Apparently, sims doesn't have dependencies, therefore, you have to cram 200+ mb of meshes and textures for their clothing (taken without permission, of course) into the upload.

And images/3d-objects just don't compress very well.

49 minutes ago, Evaloves4 said:

> This!!! Compensating you RL social handicaps or reflecting your true nature in virtual community in negative way... well ... that's ....

BWAHAHAHA! Oh, the Irony...

To @Elgate,

Please change the topic title.  Something like  REQUEST: IGNORE feature to include Mod Downloads

Currently, this thread appears more like someone asking for advice.  Instead, I suggest that it should appear as a petition to add additional functionality to the Ignore option in your UserCP so you can check something like   [X] Downloads.  Likewise, I would suggest altering your initial first post to suggest that as an option given the flood from these individuals (okay, this one guy!).

Now I am not sure if the feature is possible, but it may.  This would be the best solution, to attract staff attention to this particular topic, and let them see that it is an issue.  Forum Politics... as it were.

♦       ♦       ♦

'Tis unfortunate it cannot be solved any other way.  I mean, what can be done by a moderator but to ask him "Would you please stop making multiple downloads?".  The rules do not suggest limits, and cannot as the purpose of the forum is a game mod development forum.  It goes against its very intent. And as the downloads contain viable content, they actually cannot be classified as spam, despite how obnoxious the poster has become.

3 minutes ago, LongDukDong said:

to attract staff attention to this particular topic, and let them see that it is an issue.

Let me reiterate, the other Moderators and I simply enforce the Rules, it is Ashal, and Ashal alone, who makes them. You may want to get her attention BUT, as a general rule, you don't want to get mine.