"What are you playing" thread

On 8/26/2019 at 2:32 PM, Hiderius said:

Been thinking of getting the new Soul Calibur, also wonder if there will be any mods for Soul Calibur

Here's a database of Created characters you can download, as well as upload your on creations to share with the world. The tool used export/import created characters into the game is included there, and is quite simple to use:

http://cascards.ajewelofrarity.com/home

Another link to the tool:

http://www.fluffyquack.com/tools/sc6save.rar

• 2 weeks later...

So I dug up my old "Convert DOOM maps to Duke Nukem maps" tool. I knew it would need to be updated to the texture sets of the current version of Duke Nukem I'm using, but I decided to test it unmodified just to see what would happen.

I knew what ever textures were applied would be bizarre. What I didn't expect was:

176065459_bandicam2019-09-0705-30-05-909.png.07e81ae2e1662e3954c5b0bf14c78f66.png

BEHOLD: You now approach Janet Reno Castle! (She was Bill Clinton's Attorney General during his presidency)

Finished FF8 remaster. A lazy, half-assed remaster, sure. But it works well enough. And i never noticed THAT in the bottom part of the final final boss before ?

And here's a thought crime: it has much better final boss music than 7 ?

Spoiler

And that "Rinoa is Ultimecia" theory just doesn't work.

My modding on Duke Nukem: Alien Armageddon has been going well. Been porting the enemy roster from DOOM over. Just finished the Cyberdemon, which leaves only the Spiderdemon and a couple of the DOOM2 monsters left (shuddering at the thought of porting the Archville with its insane frame count. So much tedious aligning sprites).

I like what I've gotten done so far. The DOOM monsters actually behave like DOOM ai rather than just reskins of Duke enemies (there actually are a ton of subtle differences). They even infight like the original game. They and Duke monsters are enemies who will attack each other on sight. The EDuke engine also has limited truecolor support, which was a godsend for preserving the pinky demon's trademark color (there is not even a close equivalent in Duke's native 8 bit color palette).

Here's a screenshot, with the alternate playable character Alien Armageddon added, Bombshell:

duke0013.png.e629c4c698974557491f095c1c657768.png

On 9/15/2019 at 1:08 PM, ToJKa said:

Finished FF8 remaster. A lazy, half-assed remaster, sure. But it works well enough. And i never noticed THAT in the bottom part of the final final boss before ?

And here's a thought crime: it has much better final boss music than 7 ?

Hide contents

And that "Rinoa is Ultimecia" theory just doesn't work.

All sorceresses were originally part of Hyne so it is not so much that she is Ultimecia but that she is just another incarnation of Hyne.

On 9/17/2019 at 2:22 AM, FauxFurry said:

All sorceresses were originally part of Hyne so it is not so much that she is Ultimecia but that she is just another incarnation of Hyne.

I guess, i suppose. But the theory was a lot more direct. I admit there's things going for it, but in the end it just doesn't work.

Anyway, while i was at it, i started replaying FF7 (2012 Steam release) again too. The early 3D graphics does it no favors, but those HD mods... It's just wrong seeing those silly animations on detailed models :classic_laugh:

Oh, and DLC for Void Bastards? Cor blimey! ?

Rather than continue to be disappointed with AAA gaming (might as well be called half-A these days), I decided to take another chance or trying out single A gaming (or in this case, T&A gaming), picking up Onechanbara Z2: Chaos while in was on sale for 70%.

Other than looking like a port of a game which is two console generation old, which it technically is, it is surprisingly well put together.

Gameplay wise, it is a 'Character Action Game' -Musou game hybrid in which one can freely switch to different members of one's four woman band, even mid-combo (There are bonuses for doing so at just the right moment) or call out the entire party once a meter has built up sufficiently for, presumably, for team synergy to reach its highest level while taking on waves of enemies in connected zones throughout a stage.

If anything, the place where the final product ended up suffering the most for lack of budget is in the level design and the feature set, being as basic as can be.

It is pretty good for the price.

It also has this:

20190921060846_1.jpg.89bb40ac186d618ff38554c29b0b715a.jpg20190921060853_1.jpg.62a29fcf1e96c27f5af05236fc18e93d.jpg20190921060911_1.jpg.cc2107b078d0dec0525b5c5f1fa4ffd3.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

been playing several games over the month since I've been going back and forth between them.

I'm also waiting for the New Atelier Ryza game to come out since I already have all the others so far

Breath of the Wild

Fire Emblem Three Houses

Anno 1800

Grim Dawn

Death end re;Quest

DATE A LIVE: Rio Reincarnation

House Party

Just picked up PINE on steam. I like playing an older console style occasionally. Not too demanding. Not like a console game which wants to be a PC game.

If you grew up with consoles, this may 'bore' you, but I like the change of pace. Breath of the Wild is brought up as a measurement of quality/experience.

Sheesh the final boss of The Surge 2 with Operator gear. And i thought i hated people ?

Damn easy on previous playtrough on Goliath gear though, you can just outlast and outheal any damage he does.

Still, only took 12 deaths, Delver Echo Alpha (both forms) took double that. I'm nothing if not persistent.

Or was it stupid? ?

39 minutes ago, ToJKa said:

Sheesh the final boss of The Surge 2 with Operator gear. And i thought i hated people ?

Damn easy on previous playtrough on Goliath gear though, you can just outlast and outheal any damage he does.

Still, only took 12 deaths, Delver Echo Alpha (both forms) took double that. I'm nothing if not persistent.

Or was it stupid? ?

what you play a german game, I hope you understand the language! :classic_laugh:
that was ironic. :classic_wink:
German game developer, but not just a german version.
some game developers do not think it necessary also to publish a german version, shall they their crap alone play. :classic_tongue:

Yeah, it's a problem if you only talk one language. Luckily no one speaks finnish, so all of us have had to learn english :classic_tongue:

And i actually had the opposite problem recently, some monster translated the Spyro Reignited Trilogy completely to finnish, including voice acting, and there's no way to play the english version :classic_ohmy:

I've been playing quite a bit of Dress Code Vain (while wondering what kind of fabric their clothing is made of since it seem so bloodstain resistant despite the Revenants' diet and combat habits) and a little bit of Not-Quite-Nausicca Profile (while mostly playing the waiting game until they finally fixed the day one bugs).

Spoiler

20191001135405_1.thumb.jpg.637554b1988a49a00a84f4da0f0b2c59.jpg20191002014417_1.thumb.jpg.33a6785b57df6fa7792b0539dde1e125.jpg

This is less 'anime cat-girl' and more like Josie and the Pussycats...and I'm okay with that.

That said, mods came to the rescue just in time. I was starting to feel that I was cheating on Bathos with Dramatic Gravitas for a second there or that things weren't Hellenistic enough in the proceedings.

20191011011301_1.thumb.jpg.cb09871ec5d2b885c37f7c2d360bfc51.jpg20191012160419_1.thumb.jpg.b921a55ccc0feb0243279a4c634ede14.jpg20191015175143_1.thumb.jpg.5c19d1a48e3903e24e8676a3e3b71cc5.jpg

Spoiler

Will there be a shonen or shojou adventure anime trope that they won't make homage to here? They got the Doomed Hometown and Dead Dad tropes out of the way quick.

20191015201419_1.thumb.jpg.302ff6a614563fb82602db377cd6b37f.jpg

I've been playing Asgard's Wrath on Rift lately and it is good. Really a proper AAA game made for vr without any kind of microtransactions or such shit.

Its light rpg set in epic Norse setting with nice graphics, lots of puzzles and fighting with decent combat system. 

Currently I am playing Generation Zero, an open world FPS that is huge. Details on buildings and vehicles are OK but the landscape and sky are stunning! When you walk through underbrush you can see it being moved out of the way and moving through denser stuff like small brush it actually has the sounds of it. Lighting is beautifully done and weather changes at times as well. Is single or multi player and you have to scrounge for every last item. As you progress you find more info on who or what are invading (takes place in Sweden in the late 1980's). Weapons are solid and each handles differently (even weapon and attachments have various states of repair such as dilapidated scopes having cracked lenses).

20191010194303_1.jpg

20191010194932_1.jpg

20191010194943_1.jpg

20191010200214_1.jpg

20191010200458_1.jpg

20191011210212_1.jpg

20191013172825_1.jpg

20191015143055_1.jpg

20191015143756_1.jpg

20191016023026_1.jpg

20191016023052_1.jpg

20 hours ago, ToJKa said:

Yeah, it's a problem if you only talk one language. Luckily no one speaks finnish, so all of us have had to learn english :classic_tongue:

And i actually had the opposite problem recently, some monster translated the Spyro Reignited Trilogy completely to finnish, including voice acting, and there's no way to play the english version :classic_ohmy:

many can not understand it, I do not like the English language!
simple too modern, sounds like by machine, this is particularly noticeable in RPGs. 
I mean the which in one Sword swinging are located Time age.