"What are you playing" thread

I'm currently playing one of the best RPG Maker titles to date (it is firmly on par with Machina of the Planet Tree) and perhaps the best reason for the utility existing in the first place: Princess & Conquest. Yes, really.

The sexual content isn't just an interesting gimmick, it is a major gameplay component used to deepen bonds with the princesses in the party (except for one exception since that princess is extremely possessive of the main character so any 'cheating' on her will be met with dire consequences)and to build up one's army's ranks (through magical advanced aging technique shenanigans) and the characters and setting are enough to carry things even without indulging in 'army building'.

Oddly enough, this is probably the first game that I can recall having any drama related to unexpected pregnancy at an inopportune time regardless of genre or rating.

Then there are off-hand comments like these which just add to the silly charm of the whole thing:

661141713_DesktopScreenshot2019_11.23-05_21_09_40.png.9e773a6996e6855f6c455843a07f28a1.png382907941_DesktopScreenshot2019_11.23-05_46_37_84.png.ff49e4b78efb1a33a45dd5ce4026dc4d.png

663187198_DesktopScreenshot2019_11.23-05_00_04_37.png.b0310bfccf6c6de8bb27b9d165054c00.png

Spoiler

1829320990_DesktopScreenshot2019_12.14-16_01_52_03.png.87b5fbdb7a027e351ab5335e5e422939.png

Well, Death Stranding is... It definitely is :classic_blink:

I should hate it, it's just a glorified walking simulator with way too much talking, and you don't even kill anyone! Or thing! Yet, at least.

Still, that story and world did manage to captivate me. It was love at the first Voidout :classic_happy:

Took a chance with Mr. Little Island's story, and it paid out.

I can see how this is a controversial game though. I'm sure many people hate it, and want to murder those who love it. But that's just the way it goes.

On 9/14/2019 at 12:12 PM, Captain Cobra said:

Back 2 grindan in Disgaea 5.

wish that game is moddable or somehow possibe. saw the files are only .dat  I got it on steam lately. wonder if there a way to file explorer and find the image files to be moddable lol 

I love the game. I wish it has the map editor thing. not a biggy though.

Decided to try Monster Hunter World again. I had lost the save file/profile for no reason, so now copy/replacing a save archive after each session.

Anyways max settings were decent, but now downloading the high res pack. Hopefully it keeps my interest enough to see the story through and then decide if I'm interested in the expansion early next year.

Well, i'm a bit disappointed in Death Stranding's ending. Plenty of secrets, lies and conspiracies as you might expect from Kojima, but the titular event was effectively de-mystified and explained. I was expecting something more mysterious, supernatural and it to remain a mystery.

And when i started i certainly didn't expect the Resident Evil -esque boss fights, including rocket launchers :classic_laugh:

Still, very well made game. Great world, atmosphere, story and lore. The MULEs, terrorists, and Bitch Things became quite annoying towards the end, but overall it worked pretty well.

Loved it, would love it again, and may love it again on PC ?

Anyway, on to the next PS4 exclusive. Robot dinosaur hunting in a world so post-apocalyptic it turned medieval. Story so far seems to follow the Bioware standard, let's see if we continue with revenge or truth seeking motivation.

4 hours ago, Wish Upon a Star said:

I'm guessing this is the newest Illusion game?

I haven't tried one since Playclub after I purchased an Oculus, but never could get the 2 to work together well.

A little search leads me to either Honey Select -or- Play Home (which surprisingly sounds a lot like RapeLay)

Anyways if it is from Illusion, They definitely are AAA.

I remember complaining to the folks at 3D Sex Villa about the options/graphics Illusion offers and it wasn't long before they introduced skin sweat /etc. 

18 hours ago, landess said:

I'm guessing this is the newest Illusion game?

I haven't tried one since Playclub after I purchased an Oculus, but never could get the 2 to work together well.

A little search leads me to either Honey Select -or- Play Home (which surprisingly sounds a lot like RapeLay)

Anyways if it is from Illusion, They definitely are AAA.

I remember complaining to the folks at 3D Sex Villa about the options/graphics Illusion offers and it wasn't long before they introduced skin sweat /etc. 

ai-shoujo, they make grind game this time so maybe you like it

Code Vein....finally defeated the end boss yesterday, having switched out gifts, weapons, and partners only 3 times before finding a good build for the fight (and found a left-hand wrist brace in a drawer - hand cramping). That Target-Lock feature is one of the most frustrating ones throughout the game, a constant on and off method required to keep it useful when using combo Gifts. I died more often fighting across narrow pathways (and falling over edges) than boss fights when using TL on enemies.

funny-gif-cartoon-Coyote-fell-risk-1.gif

27 minutes ago, MrEsturk said:

Messing around with Wizardry 6: Bane of the Cosmic Forge. Never fully completed the game, unlike Wizardry 7.

Playing the SNES port because I just can't get into EGA graphics:

Wizardry6003.png.d0de3f20a854a9d996506e46791a24ae.png:

P sure there's a 1024 color mod out there somewhere.

16 hours ago, 27X said:

P sure there's a 1024 color mod out there somewhere.

I poked around a bit. The only mods for the PC version that seem to exist are an automap mod, a mod for better player stat rolls, and a general mod tool that is still limited to EGA art quality. There's also an Amiga port that sadly just cut-n-pastes the EGA art.

• 2 weeks later...

Greedfall, Daymare and Bloodborne. Not really feeling any of them, but i've got nothing else to play either (he says with over 300 games on Steam only ?).

Well, at least GRIP has replaced weapon pickup icons with presents and the assassin missile got a season-themed upgrade too :classic_happy:

Zero Dawn was very cool though, I see what the fuss was about. The personal plot twist for Aloy was quite obvious, but the one for what happened to the world i didn't see coming, well exactly like that. Also fuck Stormbirds and Scrochers.

3 hours ago, ToJKa said:

*** Also fuck Stormbirds and Scrochers.

Stormbirds don't give me much trouble. I just nail them to the ground with the Ropecaster and then dump on them all I can with Blast Sling.
Scorchers though...yeah, they're a major pain in the ass to fight if you have nowhere to hide.

So I've finally bought RE2 Remake. Knowing the '98 original like the back of my hand...I was pleasantly surprised it's not a 1-1 copy. So the first Licker encounter was kinda unexpected (though not as dramatic compared to FMV sequence in 98 game)
+ some pics.

Spoiler

883710_20191215220459_1.png.5d28e62b77caca75ab4f196a16a16b04.png883710_20191215223400_1.png.e1c04094b989e8139f6f83cd1430d7b2.png883710_20191215223508_1.png.612901f36f9a74df706b82f51c2c5354.png961440_20190111232346_1.png.3df481b95db74ef97f2a7465c832966f.png

11 minutes ago, Mr. Trigun said:

Stormbirds don't give me much trouble. I just nail them to the ground with the Ropecaster and then dump on them all I can with Blast Sling.
Scorchers though...yeah, they're a major pain in the ass to fight if you have nowhere to hide.

Yeah, Ropecaster was the weapon i barely used. Since i'm always a sniper, i shot it's lightining gun off, and then detonated the canisters. Not easy to do to a fast moving bird, but it worked. Somehow.

Looking forward to the RE3 remake. If they did to Nemesis what they did to the Tyrant and Birkin... ?

And i would sell everything on my left side for Code Veronica remake after that.

Rimworld. It's kinda fun, at least for a beginner. I immediately created a colony full of psychopaths, alcoholics, drug addicts and cannibals and everything went fine.

Also heavily modded Men of War Assault Squad 2: Assault Harder. My biggest complain is that too many mods use the default light vehicle sound. It sounds puny and shitty. I mean a Sturmpanzerwagen A7V shouldn't make some muffled farting noises, It's a massive machine designed for sturming panzered wagens for fucks sake.

Well, call me a PC Elitist or Framerate facist or whatever, but i simply can not play Bloodborne with it's 30 FPS enforced half-an-hour input lag.

Releasing such a fast-paced game exclusively on a platform that can't handle it on playable speed. Nice troll, From ?

9 hours ago, ToJKa said:

Well, call me a PC Elitist or Framerate facist or whatever, but i simply can not play Bloodborne with it's 30 FPS enforced half-an-hour input lag.

Releasing such a fast-paced game exclusively on a platform that can't handle it on playable speed. Nice troll, From ?

Just play Code Vein on PC. You can play that at 60 frames per second in 4K.