Site Update: Things have changed, but nothing is final.

7 minutes ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Hmm.... logging out and back in seemed to help.

3 minutes ago, Fiend71 said:

Yes indeed!  Wow!

I've never seen it this responsive...lol

> True. Unfortunately, only for some (short) period of time. I did it yesterday, it worked, but not for long.

It's just going back and forth for me, sometimes it's fast like normal, other times it's at a snail's speed.

EDIT: This post being a perfect example, took me no time to come to this site and thread...it took 20 seconds for this to be posted. :/

It took even longer to edit and fix a typo I made with the first edit. -.-

Edited by Joeynator3000

Yeah - I'm seemingly in that intermittently quicker phase as well...

Sometimes is really slow, sometimes is actually not bad, other times it times-out, even other times it acts like a scram jet, and snaps right to pages or whatever. 

Loading my inbox gives it a hard time as well.

Overall, it does seem to be improving though - for me at least. 

On 3/31/2022 at 10:06 AM, KoolHndLuke said:

Hmm.... logging out and back in seemed to help.

Well, this trick to fix uploading at least temporarily has died.    I have a 28MB file I can no longer upload, be it FireFox or ... Microsoft Edge as a browser (Yeah, I threw up a little in my mouth even using that browser).

EDIT:  It took roughly two minutes (120 seconds) after hitting [SAVE] on the original message above.  The site is now running that slow.  And what the hell is THIS:

New posts within a short time frame are limited. Please wait 5 seconds before submitting.

This appeared right after the screen refreshed with my initial message.

Edited by LongDukDong
Relaying detrimental forum speed
2 hours ago, LongDukDong said:

New posts within a short time frame are limited. Please wait 5 seconds before submitting.

I've never seen that! 

I have run into that on a different forum though - where it wouldn't let you post until after like 3secs.  It's to help control spam-bots...apparently.

Not really an issue for me right now, since one post does take a while to "send".  :P

Strange that it did that for one post.  I DID just see a member saying how another "double posted" the same post though.  I'm thinking minor glitch (?)

Edited by Fiend71
3 hours ago, botticelli said:

Looks like there's now an implicit file size limit of 100MB? All uploads I tried stop and fail around 100 MB.

EDIT: And the ones shorter that that fail after 100%

Looks to me like DISK FULL ?

The issue you are encountering has its own discussion thread made just last week, and this is an issue that I too have encountered
https://www.loverslab.com/topic/187505-error-uploading-file/

Insofar as filesize, this happens even with files of 28MB or less.  Perhaps not 5MB...  but I have graphic intensive mods to worry about.

Before anyone suggests it, it is not a browser issue.  Chrome, Firefox (and variants) and Microsoft Edge all have this as a problem.  And a trick to 'Sign out' and then Sign back in... works sporadically.

IF... you find an upload fail at 100%...  immediately attempt to re-upload.  You may hit fail  (at perhaps 50%)... and then attempt again (possibly failing at 35%)...  Eventually, the whole may finally take place.  This I tried THIS Force-Upload method after several hours of trying to update a mod... eventually having success.

I expect @Ashal has this at the top of her list... recognizing Security as #1 of course.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/16/2022 at 2:39 PM, NNS10 said:

Anyone else notice searching within a topic is broken?

I have to admit that the search function is more or less useless because for a certain topic you find about 2 hits were previously would would have found hundreds.

That is maybe to save some performance... but it still sucks.

7 hours ago, myuhinny said:

The search function has always been like this and it's usually better to use google to try to find something on the site.

Definitely was not like this before (with older topics returning 0 results). This seems like a potential caching issue where posts before a certain date are not searchable.