Site Update: Things have changed, but nothing is final.

2 hours ago, donttouchmethere said:

I would be surprised if that is related. Maybe @Psalam knows more.

Did you find the correct option in your account settings?

It's hidden behind a password question.

Click on your member name on the LL "toolbar" (top of the screen) > open the drop down menu > Account Settings > Security and Privacy  > Enter Password > at the bottom you see Privacy > click on  "Hide My Online Status"

If I understand it correct it also hides: being online, reading a topic, following a topic(?)

Ah, there it is. Thanks. Wasn't expecting it to be there. It only affects your online status and the topic you are currently reading. The following a topic settings are directly there when you go to follow the topic itself.

5 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

Wednesday evening here and the site is dog slow. It's been slow since weekend but it seems to be getting worse.

For once LL is fast for me after weeks of slowlyness.

I am beginning to suspect that the intern is constantly driving over the overseas cable with his office chair.

Edited by donttouchmethere
22 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

Wednesday evening here and the site is dog slow. It's been slow since weekend but it seems to be getting worse.

+1

Too slow for me and I left for the day. It's much more responsive right now.

I assume it is about the floating number of site visitors ?

Update 16:50 GMT : page loading time is beyond 1 minute. Not good :classic_unsure: I'll come back tomorrow

Edited by worik
update

Hi there! First of all, I would like to thank our dear Ashal and her team for all their efforts in working of LoversLab.?
I am truly grateful to you for doing your best to increase functionality, security and user experience of this server.
And now.. here I go with my modest wish list.?

If there is possible.. I would ask you to:

Spoiler

1) increase the size limit for images that can be uploaded in the header of profile as a cover. It is a petty / trivial matter but.. I figure that, GIF in user profile is a cool showcase.?
profile_header_00.jpg.bd1b0b0f746299a0cf6ed760be7c5784.jpg
As the saying goes.. It's not so bad but it can always be better.

2) develop a tool to users can sets the min. and max. value for loading images, gifs, videos on the website. I'm not sure but maybe this kind of solution could have prevented various browser crashes.?

sidebar_00.jpg.e1b4d9d9894d7adeedc50a96526f3f79.jpg
Random shot of Mozilla's add-on to make clear my words.

I apologize if any of these things have already been said and discussed in the past. Smartfon really hate to bother someone with his requests but.. This could help all of us.?
Thank you for understanding, Cheers!?

Edited by smartfon
I forgot to put a space in one place

Nah site is good, just tech debt and lots of calls being made, which I assume are render blocking given the slow page load.

Site is impressive for sure, just probably a little bloated. Happens to every site eventually. 

1 hour ago, zelphador23 said:

just tech debt

You mean Ashal is in debt with tech? Did CPU gave him a loan?

lots of calls being made

Not me, I type everything, calling is so yesterday!

which I assume are render blocking given the slow page load

You made me google render blocking ?

Site is impressive for sure

I agree! Since it is so slow I spent much more time reading mod descriptions. Impressive how many details can be found or not to be found.

just probably a little bloated

I know that feeling from LO creations o.o

Happens to every site eventually. 

No, NOOO! Only other sites get bloated, not LL, NOT LL! ?

Edited by donttouchmethere
18 hours ago, donttouchmethere said:

You mean Ashal is in debt with tech? Did CPU gave him a loan?

Not me, I type everything, calling is so yesterday!

You made me google render blocking ?

I agree! Since it is so slow I spent much more time reading mod descriptions. Impressive how many details can be found or not to be found.

I know that feeling from LO creations o.o

No, NOOO! Only other sites get bloated, not LL, NOT LL! ?

Lol smart ass.

Some people can only complain and that isn't a good form of motivation / rooting for others.?
The slowed performance of our oversexed server.. My friend claims that this is due to a lot of people logged in LL's discord. Hmm.. Do you think that this might actually have negative impact on it??

Spoiler

1110789497_DonkeyofShrek.gif.62993adfb06c98c19e856dc51363dbd2.gif

Edited by smartfon
13 minutes ago, LongDukDong said:

So.... LL caught... a sexually transmitted computer virus?  :wacko:  That's the slowdown?  Walking funny now?

*Whisper-whisper* Damn it, gotta hide my plugs lest they'll figure out I went giggity with the floppy disk using a trojan...! *Whisper-whisper*

Edited by Idyll