Site Update: Things have changed, but nothing is final.

I've noticed several double posts over the last few hours.  Then I saw that the two replies I've made today got duplicated.  I had to go back and delete the duplicates.  I only clicked once, even though the page took a while to update with my comment.

Edit:  And this one got duplicated too.  I deleted the extra so it wouldn't look like I was being a smart-ass by double posting about double posting.

Edited by HexBolt8
16 minutes ago, HexBolt8 said:

I've noticed several double posts over the last few hours.  Then I saw that the two replies I've made today got duplicated.  I had to go back and delete the duplicates.  I only clicked once, even though the page took a while to update with my comment.

Edit:  And this one got duplicated too.  I deleted the extra so it wouldn't look like I was being a smart-ass by double posting about double posting.

Mine started doing that after I updated my Chrome.

16 minutes ago, HexBolt8 said:

Mine started doing that after I updated my Chrome.

3 minutes ago, worik said:

It's independent of your browser.

2 minutes ago, HexBolt8 said:

This.  I'm using Edge.

Well, now that I said that, mine has quit double posting.

Edit: On the other hand, all of my LL history for the last 6 hours has disappeared.

In addition to double posts....

I tried to Edit some text on this download page.... Toy Story SE. 3 times.

It does not succeed after a long time waiting. The 3rd time it gave me an error screen...

"This content can no longer be edited. It may have been moved or deleted, or too much time may have passed since it was posted for it to be edited."

(fortunately its not moved or deleted. Displays fine, but you can't publish mods right now.

Also I think its pretty clear, the site is degrading again, like list time, months ago... Week by week, gradually performance is reducing, like how it happened last time where eventually the site was down for an extended period.

It does not succeed after a long time waiting. The 3rd time it gave me an error screen...

"This content can no longer be edited. It may have been moved or deleted, or too much time may have passed since it was posted for it to be edited."

(fortunately its not moved or deleted. Displays fine, but you can't publish mods right now.

Also I think its pretty clear, the site is degrading again, like list time, months ago... Week by week, gradually performance is reducing, like how it happened last time where eventually the site was down for an extended period.

7 hours ago, VirginMarie said:

> Yes, I think it is degrading again, too, plus it is getting awfully slow. Still, LL is the best :D

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Jessica_Degurechaff said:

a number of posts have this message 

Reveal hidden contents

And i mean posts that where active just a minute ago, i would get it if it was one or two, but a DOZEN different people just decided to remove their posts, on different games and on different focus? (NFSW, SFW, art and sharing?) 

its just me or is a MASSIVE coincidence? 

I can't tell you for certain without specifics but it sounds like a case of posts being removed as spam.

On 8/15/2022 at 7:44 PM, Evaloves4 said:

> Yes, I think it is degrading again, too, plus it is getting awfully slow. Still, LL is the best :D

It's definitely better than some other nameless site, where the creator of it pushes unwanted updates without even consulting the community, because he insists that 'it's his site'. But he seems to conveniently forget that without the community that uses the site, the sight might as well be a blank page. He may have created it, but without traffic, it can not sustain it's own existence. Rule number 1 of the internet right there.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/30/2022 at 1:09 AM, Wandering_Mania said:

It's definitely better than some other nameless site, where the creator of it pushes unwanted updates without even consulting the community, because he insists that 'it's his site'. But he seems to conveniently forget that without the community that uses the site, the sight might as well be a blank page. He may have created it, but without traffic, it can not sustain it's own existence. Rule number 1 of the internet right there.

Would that be... some site that have a lot of ads in the way of the menus and lists, and you can't barely see a thing? 

In any case, you can always make a blog. It can sustain itself while having zero traffic. And you don't need a community telling you what to do, it is all yours. 

3 hours ago, Wolfstorm321 said:

Would that be... some site that have a lot of ads in the way of the menus and lists, and you can't barely see a thing? 

In any case, you can always make a blog. It can sustain itself while having zero traffic. And you don't need a community telling you what to do, it is all yours. 

Couldn't tell you. I always use an ad blocker, and 'NoScript', because a lot of the ad services have known histories with both data harvesting, and malicious software.

But I can say that the site in question had a very recent controversy with the removal of being able to delete one's own uploaded content, and the "owner" said in not so many words: "Deal with it or delete your account".

Edited by Wandering_Mania
Spelling
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/24/2022 at 12:52 PM, Ruby Wilson said:
"If you can't change it, change your attitude." "Change the way you look at things and the things you look at change." “Change is painful, but nothing is as painful as staying stuck somewhere (bullshit link) you don't belong.” "Those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything."

You know, that sounds a lot like: Blindly accept what every moral fiber of your being tells you is wrong; But just look at it differently so it's an easier pill to swallow.

Or in short:

Edited by DoctaSax
quotes a spam link
8 hours ago, DoctaSax said:

Sorry to say you were quoting a spam bot there. I removed the link in the bit you quoted.

Well that would explain the 'blind acceptance of bullshit'. The 'Artificial Idiot' knows nothing. Though I didn't even notice that there was a link in that, and would have removed it myself if I did. Thanks for doing that though.

• 4 weeks later...