Site Update: Things have changed, but nothing is final.

• 3 weeks later...

> I installed "Grammarly" add-on for FF some time ago. It works on every site where I can type text, even on the sites that aren't marked to be checked by that program and it is active in tray. Unfortunately, it doesn't work on LL although it is enabled. Would someone be kind and see where is the problem? Thank you.

5728864_2022-11-0615_14_37-SiteUpdate_Thingshavechangedbutnothingisfinal.-Page43-Announcement.jpg.f1b593fde1a7a986ad7c06523f26cdec.jpg

15 hours ago, Evaloves4 said:

> I installed "Grammarly" add-on for FF some time ago. It works on every site where I can type text, even on the sites that aren't marked to be checked by that program and it is active in tray. Unfortunately, it doesn't work on LL although it is enabled. Would someone be kind and see where is the problem? Thank you.

5728864_2022-11-0615_14_37-SiteUpdate_Thingshavechangedbutnothingisfinal.-Page43-Announcement.jpg.f1b593fde1a7a986ad7c06523f26cdec.jpg

Before they try (if they would) I suggest some further info.

Operating System,

Your using Firefox. Does it work with another browser?

Which version of Firefox, OS etc.

12 minutes ago, RitualClarity said:

Before they try (if they would) I suggest some further info.

Operating System,

Your using Firefox. Does it work with another browser?

Which version of Firefox, OS etc.

> Thanks. It's Win 11 latest update. I am not using other browsers and it didn't work for LL in previous two versions. The current version is 106.0.5 64bit.

As I say, it works on every site, but here.

I warmly welcome all community of LoversLab!:classic_smile: It's been a long time since we have together chat and shared thoughts about shots in the threads.
I would like to do these things again, but one of LL's updates or some crash in my softwares complicated it.:classic_sad: Typing a messages, uploading images, placing any posts became unfeasible on my laptop. The pictures in the spoilers are visible and cannot be hidden with button of this. I can only editing fields of signature, interest, BIO, and stuff in tab of profile.
Set to disabled add-ones such as: uBlock Origin, Avira Browser Safety, HTTPS Everywhere, Snowflake in my browsers - it nothing helped.? 

Therefore, I would like ask you to help me solve these strange issues. Sorry if case like this has been previously discussed.. I haven't been around in LoversLab for over 6 months so I'm way behind with changes that have occured here. Thank you in advance for sharing your hints with me.:beer:

Some informations about my old notebook and softwares:

OS & softwares:
- Vista Ultimate 32 bit with Service Pack 2,
- Microsoft .NET Framework v2.0.50727 & v4.0.30319,
- MS Silverlight v5.1.5,
- Flash Player v32.0.0.465
- Java v1.8

Browsers:
- Mozilla Firefox v52.9.0.7645
- Chrome v49.0.2623.112
- Opera v36.0.2130.80

This message has been sent using TV with Tizen v6.0. (LL seems working on y TV correctly but my poor eyesight refuses to work on this device)

Edited by smartfon
On 11/6/2022 at 11:44 PM, Evaloves4 said:

> Thanks. It's Win 11 latest update. I am not using other browsers and it didn't work for LL in previous two versions. The current version is 106.0.5 64bit.

As I say, it works on every site, but here.

Some good info.  The only thing I can think of is some setting in your browser is blocking it. 

1 hour ago, smartfon said:

I warmly welcome all community of LoversLab!:classic_smile: It's been a long time since we have together chat and shared thoughts about shots in the threads.
I would like to do these things again, but one of LL's updates or some crash in my softwares complicated it.:classic_sad: Typing a messages, uploading images, placing any posts became unfeasible on my laptop. The pictures in the spoilers are visible and cannot be hidden with button of this. I can only editing fields of signature, interest, BIO, and stuff in tab of profile.
Set to disabled add-ones such as: uBlock Origin, Avira Browser Safety, HTTPS Everywhere, Snowflake in my browsers - it nothing helped.? 

Therefore, I would like ask you to help me solve these strange issues. Sorry if case like this has been previously discussed.. I haven't been around in LoversLab for over 6 months so I'm way behind with changes that have occured here. Thank you in advance for sharing your hints with me.:beer:

Some informations about my old notebook and softwares:

OS & softwares:
- Vista Ultimate 32 bit with Service Pack 2,
- Microsoft .NET Framework v2.0.50727 & v4.0.30319,
- MS Silverlight v5.1.5,
- Flash Player v32.0.0.465
- Java v1.8

Browsers:
- Mozilla Firefox v52.9.0.7645
- Chrome v49.0.2623.112
- Opera v36.0.2130.80

This message has been sent using TV with Tizen v6.0. (LL seems working on y TV correctly but my poor eyesight refuses to work on this device)

Might be your OS is not supported anymore.  If you turned off everything that could block it...

Aslo (long shot) make sure you don't have any firewall setup for this.

Good info. Hopefully others with some understanding more than me can chime in.  I never had muchof a problem that wasn't able to be resolved by tweaking one of my add ons to accept this

On 11/8/2022 at 6:57 PM, RitualClarity said:

Might be your OS is not supported anymore.  If you turned off everything that could block it...

Aslo (long shot) make sure you don't have any firewall setup for this.

Good info. Hopefully others with some understanding more than me can chime in.  I never had muchof a problem that wasn't able to be resolved by tweaking one of my add ons to accept this

Thank you for presenting your point of view in this case and your words of appreciation.? Yeah, it pretty conceivably that dear Ashal decided push my OS into a well-deserved retirement.? (security vulnerabilities and so on) My browsers are outdated but sometimes they get updates to add-ones. They are quite well suited to my firefox.?
Googling, studying the guide for my OS turned useless, so.. I decided to ask here for help from someone who may be familiar with software programming.? (for example)
Set of reasonably detaileed informations can avoid unnecesar questions.. Sorry, that's not how I meant that.?

P.S.
I praised my TV too soon.. Creating the private message make it shutting down.?

22 hours ago, MadMansGun said:

windows xp can still load this site perfectly fine, so i don't think it's that.

Thank you! Sharing opinions / experiances is also good form of help!? If I may ask.. What edition and architecture is your OS, 32 or 64 bit? Instead of looking for a proverbial needle in haystack, I would install it on my external hard drive. Apparently, on some website there is available a legal edition of XP to download.

To not make this thread any messier by my twaddling.. Once again, thank you all for hints that may help resolve this pesky issue.:classic_smile:
Most of all, I really care to having a chat with my ❤️ friends again.? 

Edited by smartfon
9 hours ago, smartfon said:

Thank you! Sharing opinions / experiances is also good form of help!? If I may ask.. What edition and architecture is your OS, 32 or 64 bit? Instead of looking for a proverbial needle in haystack, I would install it on my external hard drive. Apparently, on some website there is available a legal edition of XP to download.

To not make this thread any messier by my twaddling.. Once again, thank you all for hints that may help resolve this pesky issue.:classic_smile:
Most of all, I really care to having a chat with my ❤️ friends again.? 

If XP works. (most likely 32 bit as that version had some problems with drivers in the 64 bit version... availability that is)  If XP can work, your's should work as well. At least regarding the OS.  your outdated browser or settings, perhaps firewall settings is all I have that might be an issue. You are able to access the site to post so not blocked by your country or provider. AT least as far as I can tell or think off.

Loading XP on an external will be a bad idea. XP didn't like being loaded outside of the OS (if you could manage that and I am not referencing a VM image of course) Microsoft doesn't like portable drives being used for the OS. Then besides that, the speed of your connection over USB (I assume) would lead to troubles and slow downs that would be horrible.

If you can do external with a different OS to see (or your current version.. .but not the same license etc.) etc. You most likely would see it work properly. The issue is with your OS.

If you are desperate, then back up your data and personal settings (web pages passwords etc.) then re-install the OS and programs. Update everything as much as possible then try again (before you add any addons to your browser. ) Fresh settings and installations might remove what is causing your problems. Then again, that might just be work that is wasted.

Can you get a windows 7 disk/license? Depending on your hardware, windows 10? It would extend the life of your device. I am running windows 10 on a 3rd gen laptop and it works fine for my purposes. (the keyboard is a bit wonky now but, it is extremely old)  Hell, if you are familiar with Linux install it unless it is the only computer you own (gaming)

In any case, make sure you keep current backups of everything essential on an external device or cloud service.

On 11/8/2022 at 6:57 PM, RitualClarity said:

Some good info.  The only thing I can think of is some setting in your browser is blocking it. 

> I checked my settings, both in grammarly and about LL in FF. They are fine and nothing blocks them both. Thanks for suggestion. :)

On 11/10/2022 at 4:55 AM, RitualClarity said:

If XP works. (most likely 32 bit as that version had some problems with drivers in the 64 bit version... availability that is)  If XP can work, your's should work as well. At least regarding the OS.  your outdated browser or settings, perhaps firewall settings is all I have that might be an issue. You are able to access the site to post so not blocked by your country or provider. AT least as far as I can tell or think off.

Loading XP on an external will be a bad idea. XP didn't like being loaded outside of the OS (if you could manage that and I am not referencing a VM image of course) Microsoft doesn't like portable drives being used for the OS. Then besides that, the speed of your connection over USB (I assume) would lead to troubles and slow downs that would be horrible.

If you can do external with a different OS to see (or your current version.. .but not the same license etc.) etc. You most likely would see it work properly. The issue is with your OS.

If you are desperate, then back up your data and personal settings (web pages passwords etc.) then re-install the OS and programs. Update everything as much as possible then try again (before you add any addons to your browser. ) Fresh settings and installations might remove what is causing your problems. Then again, that might just be work that is wasted.

Can you get a windows 7 disk/license? Depending on your hardware, windows 10? It would extend the life of your device. I am running windows 10 on a 3rd gen laptop and it works fine for my purposes. (the keyboard is a bit wonky now but, it is extremely old)  Hell, if you are familiar with Linux install it unless it is the only computer you own (gaming)

In any case, make sure you keep current backups of everything essential on an external device or cloud service.

Spoiler

Hello! Thank you for your detailed explanations and suggestions.? (there is a lot of smart and interesting possibilities / solutions in it)

Good thinking, but it doesn't work out in my case.? The upgraded my OS to Win 7 brought bad result for hardwares of my laptop. Lack / wrong versions of drivers for my ASUS's devices made forced me to reinstall Vista. (camera, touchpad, function keys, express gate - doesn't work)

Playing games.. Who doesn't like to play games from time to time?? Linux will be the last option I take under advisement. (probably it can be easily installed on pedrive.)

Maybe there is a problem with my VISTA's services and I'll need to repair them with DVD disc.? (one of them may have been disabled, not on my initiative)

> Installation  on external hard drive.

Yeah, I know.. With my USB ports 2.0 in laptop, reading and saving of datas could take place / proceed in MATRIX motion. (working slowly) However.. Underneath my notebook's chassis is space for a 2.5" internal hard drive. I could buy such one and try to install my Vista Ultimate x86 or the old XP Home Edition x86.

Firewall, you say. All my browsers are added to the exceptions list in Windows Firewall with some other programs and ports. Not everything on this list is known to me and I'm afraid that I may break something in the system if I turning them on. Could you send me a screenshot here of which of the ports/ softwares should be activated??

Sorry for posted my reply here and for my grammatical & typos errors in this. My TV browser shuts down when I try to open/create a private message.? And that's pretty much it, I guess. Thanks again for your help!:beer:

Edited by smartfon

Yes, you should be able to install Linux on a pen drive and leave your reguarl working system to play your games. Then with linux you should be able to work doing your stuff here and elsewhere. Also, it would be more secure as it is more modern with proper updates. XP and even Vista isn't supported anymore. I am not srue but believe even Windows 7 has stopped support as well.

13 hours ago, RitualClarity said:

Yes, you should be able to install Linux on a pen drive and leave your reguarl working system to play your games. Then with linux you should be able to work doing your stuff here and elsewhere. Also, it would be more secure as it is more modern with proper updates. XP and even Vista isn't supported anymore. I am not srue but believe even Windows 7 has stopped support as well.

Thank you for all suggestions! It's a really strange problem that I noticed about 4 months ago when I came back to my house for a day. (without logging in) I was think that it's some, temporary glitch and that it will be fixed by administrators or moderators of LL. 

Flickr and Imgur work well in my Firefox just that threads of LL don't load URLs of these webs correctly. Various things happened about Twitter, Facebook, so..
LoversLab wouldn't have a hard days?? If I noticed correctly.. Users of LL no longer have the option of quick voting on the works of others from their level/within of profile. Changes, changes, changes..  Sorry I'm whining here again.

Have you ever wondered why web developers decide what will be better for web users to protect their privacy in this virtual space?

In my opinion, network users should have a choose, possibility to use their own methods for safe surfing on the net.

(some VPN, add-ones, antivirus and such stuff) Website developers hammer the proverbial nail in coffin with decison about ending support for OS of network users.

Of course, there are also considerate / kind one who will develop special portable platforms, applications to keep users for longer with them. (Discord looks cool, but is lack of it version to my OS)

> I believe that dear Ashal and her strong team are among them and that they will be able to help me in this matter.?

LINUX installation.

> There are a few more things left to check before I take this desperate measure. So much for that, my friend.?
I'll drink to You!?

6 hours ago, Evaloves4 said:

< I do not know about others but this morning I have a problem with opening LL. Most of the time I got a "We cannot find this site..." message. Is this FF or there is a problem with LL?

No problem with Google, for me at least.

Hello.? I have two questions and one request to honourable Administration of LL?
Does your team plan to expand the forum function with: 

1) the option to loading images and gifs from URLs and then encrypting them?
I mean a feature similar to Imgur one, which after uploading a file from a hard drive changes this name.
2) the option of uploading files directly from devices such as: pendrive and external hard drive connected to TV?

I would ask you to reopen this thread: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/87535-site-questions-comments-and-suggestions/
It would help users in posting comments related to topic without having to start individual one and sending private messages to your team.
Our community in dire need a help from such good people like Master CPU! ?

Thank you in advance for giving me your replies / answers.?

11 hours ago, smartfon said:

Hello.? I have two questions and one request to honourable Administration of LL?
Does your team plan to expand the forum function with: 

1) the option to loading images and gifs from URLs and then encrypting them?
I mean a feature similar to Imgur one, which after uploading a file from a hard drive changes this name.
2) the option of uploading files directly from devices such as: pendrive and external hard drive connected to TV?

I would ask you to reopen this thread: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/87535-site-questions-comments-and-suggestions/
It would help users in posting comments related to topic without having to start individual one and sending private messages to your team.
Our community in dire need a help from such good people like Master CPU! ?

Thank you in advance for giving me your replies / answers.?

I'd suggest that you research the forum software and see if they have modules / features that cover what you are asking about. See if it is currently part of the softare that is being used. Then give that info. Help Ashal out :D

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Evaloves4 said:

misspelled words

The site will give you a "heads up" with misspelled words. Just ask our English friends when they try to spell humor as humour, or something similar. The misspelled word will be underlined in red. Sadly, I've got nothing for the grammar (although the worst grammar on this site seems to be from native speakers, IMO).

12 hours ago, Psalam said:

The site will give you a "heads up" with misspelled words. Just ask our English friends when they try to spell humor as humour, or something similar. The misspelled word will be underlined in red. Sadly, I've got nothing for the grammar (although the worst grammar on this site seems to be from native speakers, IMO).

7 hours ago, lllb_jm said:

That's the problem with Language Tools! And then it's me who have to be the tool! And I’m not even talking about translating poetry! But I find it cool!

> Here is the problem I am talking about with Language Tools addon. On the left side is my text with some deliberately made writing mistakes and on the right side it the fucking stupid program's spell checking report

2083972997_2022-11-2900_59_46-EditorMozillaFirefox.jpg.eb7362ad11f6eb384a455ac47eadd972.jpg

> I can't believe one can't buy a decent spellchecker and grammar program that it will do its job correctly. The problem with the grammar is that program often doesn't recognize tenses and it misses to add "ed" or "ing" when it should. :(

Edited by Evaloves4
5 hours ago, Evaloves4 said:

I can't believe one can't buy a decent spellchecker and grammar program that it will do its job correctly. The problem with the grammar is that program often doesn't recognize tenses and it misses to add "ed" or "ing" when it should.

:classic_laugh: Just skip the wasted time for that. It's helpful if you don't know a language. But since you can speak english, just try.

The more you do on your own and try to be correct, the more your brain does the magic.

13 hours ago, Psalam said:

although the worst grammar on this site seems to be from native speakers

?

29 minutes ago, worik said:

:classic_laugh: Just skip the wasted time for that. It's helpful if you don't know a language. But since you can speak english, just try.

The more you do on your own and try to be correct, the more your brain does the magic.

?

> Your argument is valid, but I am too tired of trying. There are two more languages that would involve it: German and French. I have no strength and will to do it. That's why I use tools to do it instead of me. :)