Site Update: Things have changed, but nothing is final.

10 minutes ago, NNS10 said:

posts before a certain date are not searchable.

That I believe is correct.

Older topics that have no activity, if memory serves, are classified as 'archived'.  They are still present for a read within the forum, but they do not appear within search results.

Search is being worked on. 

Older content was purged from the search index a week or two ago in effort to help with the performance issues we were having. Now that the performance has returned, once some bugs are fixed with the search system, older content will be re-indexed so it can be searched again. Apologies for the inconvenience. 

8 hours ago, myuhinny said:

The search function has always been like this and it's usually better to use google to try to find something on the site.

> Indeed, whenever I needed something from LL I used Google search and I got better and more info about requested subject. By the way, Nexus have little bit better search system but it is also problematic.

I was not going to do this but I feel that I must. I have found (historically, not recently) that the Search function on LL works wonderfully. It was when, a few years ago, that the function was upgraded that I first became a Supporter - in the hopes of keeping that function going and improving. My thinking is that as Ashal has said, when we get the old information back in a functional form that the Search function will return to its previous usefulness.

I can't begin to tell you the number of Threads/Posts/Questions I have answered on LL simply by using the Search engine.

@Ashal Would it be possible to add an option/tab to the "Edit Topic" function, where - if needed - we could set up a custom note containing useful information related to the topic. (for example, what exact info should be provided when asking for support, etc.).

To maximize visibility, it would probably be best to be positioned right above the "Reply to this topic" box.

I did this quick mockup to show what I meant:

infobar.png.29968c4bf2fa2c40789018f63e036b3c.png

PS: I know we can already just say all these things in the first post, and these notes can just as easily be ignored... ? but still, it would at least cut down a bit on the needless extra chatter.

Thanks for your time.

On 4/19/2022 at 2:41 AM, Ashal said:

Search is being worked on. 

Older content was purged from the search index a week or two ago in effort to help with the performance issues we were having. Now that the performance has returned, once some bugs are fixed with the search system, older content will be re-indexed so it can be searched again. Apologies for the inconvenience. 

Is that the reason why my activity stream seems to be broken?

I'm 99.99% sure that it should not be empty with those settings, yet it is:

Spoiler

image.png.241aceb9d52f7fe0f439d0198d260f2c.png

To confirm, I've looked for several threads I definitely did post something into and looked for the last post. Even when the post was created in the last 12h (where I was asleep), nothing in the activity

• 2 weeks later...

> I don't know if this issue has been answered to someone else, but it wasn't answered to me when I report it. I only wanted to know why my PMs are posted fast and some, slow and could it be fixed? Sometimes this slowness last very long and makes me ... you  know ...

Baseball Reaction GIF by DICK'S Sporting Goods

On 4/18/2022 at 6:59 PM, LongDukDong said:

That I believe is correct.

Older topics that have no activity, if memory serves, are classified as 'archived'.  They are still present for a read within the forum, but they do not appear within search results.

except if you use google to search loverslab. then older threads can be found if not blocked by Ashal.

On 4/27/2022 at 2:55 AM, Mister X said:

Is that the reason why my activity stream seems to be broken?

I'm 99.99% sure that it should not be empty with those settings, yet it is:

Hide contents

image.png.241aceb9d52f7fe0f439d0198d260f2c.png

To confirm, I've looked for several threads I definitely did post something into and looked for the last post. Even when the post was created in the last 12h (where I was asleep), nothing in the activity

I experienced the same when searching /fiiltering for post I posted in.  All the ones that were active prior to whatever just recently happens are gone.  New post I post into show up.  I guess whatever part of the site that was holding that got corrupted or lost during the shuffle.

On 4/27/2022 at 2:32 AM, peco328 said:

@Ashal Would it be possible to add an option/tab to the "Edit Topic" function, where - if needed - we could set up a custom note containing useful information related to the topic. (for example, what exact info should be provided when asking for support, etc.).

To maximize visibility, it would probably be best to be positioned right above the "Reply to this topic" box.

I did this quick mockup to show what I meant:

infobar.png.29968c4bf2fa2c40789018f63e036b3c.png

PS: I know we can already just say all these things in the first post, and these notes can just as easily be ignored... ? but still, it would at least cut down a bit on the needless extra chatter.

Thanks for your time.

That likely could only really be doable if it is part of the software features.  Going beyond what is featured with the software used, will likely cause unknown problems.

• 5 weeks later...

If it's possible, could we get the Table support added to the CKEditor toolbar?

The rest of the bells-and-whistles for it would be nice to have too...

Spoiler

Table support in CKEditor can also be extended with the following plugins:

• Table Tools – adds a more advanced context menu for table items and the Cell Properties dialog window.
  • Table Resize – adds support for column resizing with your mouse.
  • Color Dialog – provides a Select Color dialog window for selecting a cell background and border color from the color table.
  • Advanced Tab for Dialogs – adds the Advanced tab to the Table Properties dialog window.

(source: https://ckeditor.com/cke4/addon/table )

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Don't know if this is the right place to ask, but is it still possible to edit blog entries without republishing them? I would like to edit some older entries, but if I do that it will a) mess up the order of entries in my blog and b) spam the blogs frontpage with my stuff.

However I've seen older entries from other people marked as edited, so I wonder if I just did it wrong or if we no longer have this option.

• 2 weeks later...

Screenshot_20220717-133554.thumb.png.b591d1f3ff5c16f88ede7fd09c6d8f4d.pngEdit: nope still not working.

Chrome prediction services sometimes automatically adds "www." from the client side and then hides it, but the non-www subdomain should point to www via CNAME on domain name registrar, or vice versa.

Edited by Asrienda
On 7/17/2022 at 4:01 PM, Asrienda said:

Edit: nope still not working.

Chrome prediction services sometimes automatically adds "www." from the client side and then hides it, but the non-www subdomain should point to www via CNAME on domain name registrar, or vice versa.

It works here. 

I use Chromium. 

Would it be possible to have "pinned comments" type deal on threads? A lot of people are doing patches and posting them at the middle of hundreds of pages long megathreads and finding those can be a real pain.

Or alternatively, a way to quickly browse "most upvoted" posts as those patches tend to get a lot of thumbs ups too.

17 hours ago, PenBoozerX said:

Would it be possible to have "pinned comments" type deal on threads

I would love to have this feature as well!

I looked around at the Invision site, and there seems to be a plugin called Pinned Posts 1.0.16, that's doing that, although it wasn't updated for a while, so I have no idea if it's compatible with the version LL is using.

8 hours ago, Peco_CinErotique said:

although it wasn't updated for a while, so I have no idea if it's compatible with the version LL is using.

Yes, two years. But another question to raise would be whether it may be vulnerable to modern hacking techniques. A more current version would be more secure.