Immersive Hair Growth and Styling SSE (YPS Devious & Immersive Fashion 2020-05-09)

I may be dumb and just couldn't figure it out but is there a way to make it only choose from KS Hairdos HDT-SMP? I know it would shorten the hair options list a bit but I tend to prefer having some physics to my hair if possible. Even if there's not a way though this is still a fantastic mod!

On 12/27/2020 at 7:07 PM, Jgoftl said:

Not sure what's going on but for some reason I can't get any of the piercings to show up. I've done the whole edit the overlay amounts in the ini file, I have slavetats 1.3.5.2 and I have all 3 files installed. None of the piercings show up or are detected by SlaveTats SE.

Let me know if you find an answer for this as they dont show up for me either

12 hours ago, mangalo said:

Could someone explain to me how the Dibella quest is supposed to turn your character into a female ?  (using spoiler tags) 

I just put the belt and bra on my character be he stayed male, is it supposed to happen later ?

I did a test run on the quest a while back, and after I equipped the devious devices it opened the ShowRaceMenu screen and spawned a message telling me to manually change my sex to female.

9 hours ago, gregaaz said:

I did a test run on the quest a while back, and after I equipped the devious devices it opened the ShowRaceMenu screen and spawned a message telling me to manually change my sex to female.

Thanks ! Guess it's a bit bugged on my end then

On 1/8/2021 at 3:22 PM, dedise said:

I may be dumb and just couldn't figure it out but is there a way to make it only choose from KS Hairdos HDT-SMP? I know it would shorten the hair options list a bit but I tend to prefer having some physics to my hair if possible. Even if there's not a way though this is still a fantastic mod!

Check the earlier portions of this thread.

Someone posted a way there to have it use only KS hair options using JSON files.

Hi all. question for you re: YPS. 

It seems that when ever I load a save game, my hair style is not showing up. Ok, it will show up for a split second, then disappears. 

I've tried adjusting the hide settings in Devious Devices, but to no effect. But my character is bald as a newborn.

even tried turning on and off control in yps, Using showracemenu and giving myself new hair. 

Any suggestions good friends of Lovers Lab?

Seeing your PC with hair for a split second sounds like the game is showing your PCs preset hair before YPS takes over.

Did you start your PC off as bald/none? I'm not sure what happens with that option.

Have you given the hair plenty of time to grow? You might try setting the growth time to Ultra and x10 just to see if it will grow (You can always revert to a previous save game)

On 1/10/2021 at 10:17 AM, o0shamus0o said:

Let me know if you find an answer for this as they dont show up for me either

On 1/9/2021 at 1:22 AM, dedise said:

in slavetats mcm go to setup tab and click "Add/Remove tattoos".

Need a bit of help.  Some context that may have some users ignore my plea.  I am on skyrimVR. 

I can get YPS to initialize, I choose hair style, I can get hair cut, use elastic band to braid, etc.  I see all the hair mods recognized and accessible. When I continue to play and load a save YPS I get the hair grows update "your hair grows to" but it is blank.  Hair stylists tell me that my hair is at stage 0 and the hair styles are blank.  If I use shampoo it says the hair style options are (,) and there is a notification that there are none available. I seems like the mod gets disconnected from the saved hair mods/current hair SKSE settings.  Would this be because papyrusVR or SKSEVR?  Any thoughts or help?

EDIT: I figured out a system that might point to the problem.  I have read through the SE and LE support pages and it seems that for some people changes like pubes amount follow multiple characters through different saves.  So through some VOODOO maybe something is being loaded and carried through games. My solution that works 50% of the time is load an early save that is in a small cell (I use Grey Pine Goods because I can "check hair" with the stylist).  If I load the early save and YPS initializes correctly (Check my hair with the stylist returns YPS info), I can then load a later save and all the features work every time.  I have also found that if after two or three loads into the previous save fail then a full restart of Skyrim works.

I also tried several times unsuccessfully to get Monoman1's yps tweak to work.  I wonder if it is an incompatibility between the script tweaks made by @yeahhowaboutnooo found here #1815 and @Monoman1.  There is a .diff (in the spoiler below) to check changes but I think I am close to the end of my ability to resolve.  I am sure either yeahhowaboutnooo, Momoman1, or another lurker could see if there was incompatibility thousands of times faster than I...

Spoiler

On 5/16/2020 at 1:21 PM, yeahhowaboutnooo said:

Thank you :D

TLDR install order:

1. yps-ImmersiveFashion(6.2.1)_SE&LE.7z 553.61 kB · 221 downloads
  2. yps-Sound&TexturePack20200517_SSE.7z 33.35 MB · 304 downloads
  3. yps-SSE-jsons.7z 8.82 kB · 199 downloads
  4. Kaws Claws CBBE SE for yps.7z 597 B · 168 downloads

EDIT²: @Feruano made a SSE conversion of the barefoot mesh for sse here.

EDIT: updated the sound&texture-pack: apparently running the existing oldrim-facegendata through nif optimizer is not enough -> exported the facegendata with creationkit.

i applied and modified @gnaddelwarz changes from the 6.0.0 SSE port.

1. modified scripts inside the yps-ImmersiveFashion(6.2.1)_SE&LE.7z should be now both SE and LE compatible (See yps-6.2.1_vs_yps-6.2.1-SE&LE.diff in a text editor for changes)
  2. yps-Sound&TexturePack20200517_SSE.7z ran the meshes & textures through cathedral asset optimizer and nif optimizer, should be now ONLY SE compatible (EDIT: also exported facegen data with the creationkit)
  3. yps-SSE-jsons.7zattached gnaddelwarz .json files, as i'm not sure if merging gnaddelwarz' files with the LE json files is a good idea?
  4. Kaws Claws CBBE SE for yps.7zkaws claws cbbe se for yps bodyslide files, depends on https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/28611
    credits to kaw(original LE mod author), Vyxenne (SE conversion) and JRICH604 (bodyslide files), 

regarding 3.: for example i think "ApachiiHairHuman83BW": exists in the SSE version of ApachiiHairFemales.esm, but not in the LE version?
if your script is able to cope with such an invalid hair declaration inside a .json file, then you could use the same .json files for both SSE and LE

Hide contents

i believe the problem might be line 844 of ypsHairScript.psc:

HeadPart CurrentHair = HeadPart.GetHeadPart(CurrentHairstyleName)
PlayerActor.ChangeHeadPart(CurrentHair)

afaik 'CurrentHairstyleName' is the string inside the .json file -> if that's invalid (doesn't exist in the .esp/.esm) -> i don't know what will happen ^^

Let me know if you even like the idea of having as much of the codebase compatible with both SE and LE :)

yps-ImmersiveFashion(6.2.1)_SE&LE.7z 553.61 kB · 221 downloads

yps-Sound&TexturePack20200517_SSE.7z 33.35 MB · 304 downloads

Kaws Claws CBBE SE for yps.7z 597 B · 168 downloads

yps-SSE-jsons.7z 8.82 kB · 199 downloads

yps-6.2.1_vs_yps-6.2.1-SE&LE.diff 7.11 kB · 76 downloads

• 2 weeks later...

So i've been using this mod for quite some time, good mod, i recently tried the nail polish as i didn't bother with it, so for some reason, applying nail polish causes wirst seams on full weight body, i think on .5 they are less noticeable. I am using 3BBB body with fair skin complexion, could that be messing with it?

On 2/5/2021 at 4:07 PM, NiX10 said:

So i've been using this mod for quite some time, good mod, i recently tried the nail polish as i didn't bother with it, so for some reason, applying nail polish causes wirst seams on full weight body, i think on .5 they are less noticeable. I am using 3BBB body with fair skin complexion, could that be messing with it?

For the NAILSKaw Claws Bodyslide (make sure to build "Kaws Claws CBBE SE Black for yps" in Bodyslide, available from the "Kaws Claws CBBE SE for yps.7z" )

On 1/22/2021 at 9:58 PM, JayDrizzle said:

Need a bit of help.  Some context that may have some users ignore my plea.  I am on skyrimVR. 

I can get YPS to initialize, I choose hair style, I can get hair cut, use elastic band to braid, etc.  I see all the hair mods recognized and accessible. When I continue to play and load a save YPS I get the hair grows update "your hair grows to" but it is blank.  Hair stylists tell me that my hair is at stage 0 and the hair styles are blank.  If I use shampoo it says the hair style options are (,) and there is a notification that there are none available. I seems like the mod gets disconnected from the saved hair mods/current hair SKSE settings.  Would this be because papyrusVR or SKSEVR?  Any thoughts or help?

EDIT: I figured out a system that might point to the problem.  I have read through the SE and LE support pages and it seems that for some people changes like pubes amount follow multiple characters through different saves.  So through some VOODOO maybe something is being loaded and carried through games. My solution that works 50% of the time is load an early save that is in a small cell (I use Grey Pine Goods because I can "check hair" with the stylist).  If I load the early save and YPS initializes correctly (Check my hair with the stylist returns YPS info), I can then load a later save and all the features work every time.  I have also found that if after two or three loads into the previous save fail then a full restart of Skyrim works.

I also tried several times unsuccessfully to get Monoman1's yps tweak to work.  I wonder if it is an incompatibility between the script tweaks made by @yeahhowaboutnooo found here #1815 and @Monoman1.  There is a .diff (in the spoiler below) to check changes but I think I am close to the end of my ability to resolve.  I am sure either yeahhowaboutnooo, Momoman1, or another lurker could see if there was incompatibility thousands of times faster than I...

Reveal hidden contents

i personally run the ypsTweak by monoman1 as well, so i don't think it is that.
I do admit though, that i installed the one linked on @Corsayr's SSE conversion (thinking that it already incorporates my changes). Just did a .diff between the SSE-ypsTweak and the LE-ypsTweak and they're exactly the same sooo... maybe this does break stuff. Not sure, will investigate soon™

Although i don't have VR so debugging an issue which i can't reproduce isn't really all that great.

Regarding the pubic-hair following multiple characters:
That shouldn't happen i think. Could be Racemenu overlays being "stuck" on the PC when loading another save? not sure.
(If i make a save, then apply a racemenu overlay then load the old save from before the RM-overlay was applied, the overlay will still be present on the player character. Opening closing racemenu and/or restarting skyrim fixes that RM issue)

On an unrelated note: you can cheat yourself an ypsmirror -> click on the mirror in your inventory, close the inventory and a bunch of pop-up messages will be displaying your character-yps-status (like hairstatus, nailstatus or pubic-hairstatus)

Spoiler

4 hours ago, yeahhowaboutnooo said:

I do admit though, that i installed the one linked on @Corsayr's SSE conversion (thinking that it already incorporates my changes). Just did a .diff between the SSE-ypsTweak and the LE-ypsTweak and they're exactly the same sooo... maybe this does break stuff. Not sure, will investigate soon™

Although i don't have VR so debugging an issue which i can't reproduce isn't really all that great.

That shouldn't happen i think. Could be Racemenu overlays being "stuck" on the PC when loading another save? not sure.
(If i make a save, then apply a racemenu overlay then load the old save from before the RM-overlay was applied, the overlay will still be present on the player character. Opening closing racemenu and/or restarting skyrim fixes that RM issue)

On an unrelated note: you can cheat yourself an ypsmirror -> click on the mirror in your inventory, close the inventory and a bunch of pop-up messages will be displaying your character-yps-status (like hairstatus, nailstatus or pubic-hairstatus)

Okay so let me try to explain how it works for me.  If I load a recent save and the mod does not initialize(?) and check my hair with a mirror, use a hair stylist (check my hair dialog), elastic band, or comb nothing pops up.  If I use shampoo I get the message "the hair style options are (,)" or let my hair grow at super speed a notification says "You hair grows to (blank)".  If I load a previous save in a small cell and the mod initializes(?) correctly I can then load any recent save and YPS works completely.

Here is an example of how Skyrim Voodoo is moving between saves.  Lets say I load a recent save and talk the hair stylist.  The dialog window highlights the top response from a list of possible responses.  I ask the stylist to check my hair, which is about half way down the dialog options.  If she says okay but no hair status window pops up, I know YPS will not load unless I restart Skyrim completely.  If don't restart and load any other save (before I even meet her or after) the dialog box starts with the dialog choice to "Check my hair" highlighted instead of the top choice.  Somehow the history of my talking to the stylist (other voodoo too) transfers between save loads.

The other example was post #90 where the mod was traveling between saves.

6 hours ago, yeahhowaboutnooo said:

I didn't make any adjustments to MM1's tweaks I just posted it on the SE conversion page for convenience sake. 

If you want to make a version that incorporates your changes I will post it on the main page for the SE conversion and list you for credit. ? 

• 2 weeks later...

I apologize if this has been answered already, but nothing came up when I searched for it. In the Follower of Dibella quest, yes I saw that it is incomplete, I am unable to talk to Ray again after going to the Temple about getting the "Lips of Dibella", and even when I use Console commands, it won't give me any dialogue options for it. So, assuming that the quest ends on talking to Ray, how are we supposed to get the Chastity device off? I mean the Belt of Female Curves.

Edit: I am absolutely loving this mod, btw. I don't really want to play without it anymore, lol.

Going back to piercing madness, where only certain mods are supported via hard coded object IDs in the scripts, why not handle piercings the same way that hair is handled? If I could generate a json for a set of piercings, that make things a lot better. Might even be possible to automatically generate the json file via an xedit script based on the body slot.

On 2/9/2021 at 9:18 PM, JayDrizzle said:

Okay so let me try to explain how it works for me.  If I load a recent save and the mod does not initialize(?) and check my hair with a mirror, use a hair stylist (check my hair dialog), elastic band, or comb nothing pops up.  If I use shampoo I get the message "the hair style options are (,)" or let my hair grow at super speed a notification says "You hair grows to (blank)".  If I load a previous save in a small cell and the mod initializes(?) correctly I can then load any recent save and YPS works completely.

Here is an example of how Skyrim Voodoo is moving between saves.  Lets say I load a recent save and talk the hair stylist.  The dialog window highlights the top response from a list of possible responses.  I ask the stylist to check my hair, which is about half way down the dialog options.  If she says okay but no hair status window pops up, I know YPS will not load unless I restart Skyrim completely.  If don't restart and load any other save (before I even meet her or after) the dialog box starts with the dialog choice to "Check my hair" highlighted instead of the top choice.  Somehow the history of my talking to the stylist (other voodoo too) transfers between save loads.

The other example was post #90 where the mod was traveling between saves.

Sorry, pretty much no idea what is going wrong :(
I also only just got back into digging through the yps code ~3 weeks ago -> if i find something later on i'll let you know, but don't get your hopes up.

One last thing i noticed: sometimes some yps functions would sporadically freeze. Opening and closing either the menu or the console was enough to unfreeze them.

On 2/9/2021 at 10:58 PM, Corsayr said:

I didn't make any adjustments to MM1's tweaks I just posted it on the SE conversion page for convenience sake. 

If you want to make a version that incorporates your changes I will post it on the main page for the SE conversion and list you for credit. ? 

Looked through the differences: There's no need to incorporate the SE changes into MM1's tweaks as the important bits (the support for "skee" instead of the "nioverride" plugin) is in YpsHeelsNio, which MM1's tweaks didn't change.

Sorry, this took so long, wanted to have better news for JayDrizzle's issue, but alas i've given up for now.